Why are there no rap albums coming out?

Comments

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts

lol. Where did you find this guy? Keep posting. You provide much entertainment.

There's a saying that goes "everyone is entitled to their opinion". However, it is instances like this that I must bring up the corollary saying: "Yes, but your opinion is wrong". Anyone who thinks that the Chronic is two or three good songs and alot of filler is a toy.

I said three great songs, a couple good songs and plenty of filler.
    If you think the chronic is filler-free your ears have some filler.

Dude, the Chronic is more than 5 songs deep. There are records with filler, just not this one. You have to be just joking around. This is too wacky to be true.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    PLEASE IDENTIFY THE "GARBAGE" SONGS

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

Why listen to the chronic when you should be listening to Kris Kross[/b] .
    I donno about you but I haven't heard "Warm It Up" nearly as much as I have oh any song on the chronic. But I donno, maybe you rocked that a lot back in the day.
    MTV rocked it a lot little hommie that is for sure. Kris Kross probably sold as many records as the Chronic did though. I Missed the Bus>Bitches Aint Shit

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

There's a saying that goes "everyone is entitled to their opinion". However, it is instances like this that I must bring up the corollary saying: "Yes, but your opinion is wrong". Anyone who thinks that the Chronic is two or three good songs and alot of filler is a toy.

Dude, the Chronic is more than 5 songs deep. There are records with filler, just not this one. You have to be just joking around. This is too wacky to be true.
    You can disagree if you want, I can't think of a time in the last year that i've listened to that shit all the way through. Maybe you like it more. It certainly isn't neccessarily any more filler-free than plenty of albums released in the past couple years though ... this shit is all subjective, and when people front like 'oh rap now isn't an album genre' i think its really condescending and specious, like plenty of folks (cough O-Dub) didnt think Chronic was wack, middling or uneven when it dropped? I know plenty of REAL RAP HEADS including some older than me that think its uneven and got some filler, its not like some sort of daring comment to say "Yo Chronic isn't a perfect rap record." I bet plenty of you have said that shit about plenty of other 'classic' records all the time. Either that or you take the canon of POP MUSIC way to damn serious.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    "Yo Chronic is a perfect rap record."

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I tend to skip "The Day the Niggaz Took Over" because its right in between the far-superior "Let Me Ride" and "G Thang" which both sounded like THE FUTURE and TDTNTO sounds like it could be on Efil4zaggin, "Deez Nuts" is good, "A N*gga Witta Gun" and "Rat-Tat-Tat-Tat" sounded dated next to the singles, already mentioned "High Powered," "Bitches Ain't Shit" isn't even as good as "I Missed The Bus" (jacob on point)

But thats just my opinion.

plenty of folks (cough O-Dub) didnt think Chronic was wack, middling or uneven when it dropped? I know plenty of REAL RAP HEADS including some older than me that think its uneven and got some filler, its not like some sort of daring comment to say "Yo Chronic isn't a perfect rap record." I bet plenty of you have said that shit about plenty of other 'classic' records all the time. Either that or you take the canon of POP MUSIC way to damn serious.

a dude can say "I'm not feeling The Chronic", but to say that its a middling record is a different thing altogether.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I never said it was middling! I said "uneven." I just said folks said "middling" back in the day.
    I own it, I listen to it, I just don't listen to it as much as 2001. Just like I don't listen to Low End Theory or fucking 36 Chambers all that much, I don't care how good and classic they are its just like...who cares, its 2006. If yr gonna dig for shit you missed the first time around its one thing, but why keep propping up all these same albums? There's lots of good rap out there.

"Bitches Ain't Shit" isn't even as good as "I Missed The Bus"

find the sharpest object near you and stab yourself in the ear drums

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I was joking, but its still a pretty shitty song

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

Is that Parker Lewis can't lose?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Man fuck this, you're the one talking about how U&Dat with fucking T-Pain is the number 2 jam of the summer

Man fuck this, you're the one talking about how U&Dat with fucking T-Pain is the number 2 jam of the summer

and ?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

One of the weakest songs on the album and its got what sounds like a 2 year old Lil Jon beat.

define "Summer Jam" ...Parker

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    late spring/summer release + Ubiquitous + good

i missed your Summer Jam list ....please share

you have time ...i'm going to watch the game

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

i missed your Summer Jam list ....please share

you have time ...i'm going to watch the game
    Its not hard to find, i posted in that thread.
    Part of the problem w/E-40 was the poor choice for a follow up single.

I like MOP's "Whip Your Head," the too short single, the kelis single, "Gettin Some" is a neo-classic dance track as far as I can tell, it still gets spins and its been out since winter. T.I. of course. I think Cham's ridin dirty is great, but its peaked too early to be a summer jam obv.

That Ray Cash single with Scarface is dope. There's a remix with Project Pat, Pimp C and T.I. that slays.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    "Bitches Ain't Shit" isn't even as good as "I Missed The Bus" (jacob on point)

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Haha why didn't you guys question it when jacob said it.
    You'll really stand up for that song?
    I love how controversial it is to say "'bitches ain't shit' is kinda garbage".

OK I'm done being lightning rod for controversy this evening. Good game fellas. Same time tomorrow?

I don't think Jake said that.

I was basically ridin with his Kris Kross great, Dre bad rant. Didn't think he would actually agree though. Deej is the future. BTW Batches Ain't Shit is one of the best songs on The Chronic.

• xyzlenexyzlene 37 Posts
    to digress a bit....

im just listening to the beats......

tired of lyrics.....

and yes hip hop is a little dry right now.

seeing the "Chappelle movie" brought back so many memories of how hip hop used to be......

it made me a little depreesed looking at the current scene.

i remember along time ago walking into fat beats,beat street w/ 150.00 in my wallet, and i still couldn't cop all the good productions...

i don't even bother going to those stores on the regular. If i do its for one or two albums.

looking foward to getting:
    j. rawls new work
    oh no's Galt McDermott project.

maybe one or 2 other releases...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

I was basically ridin with his Kris Kross great, Dre bad rant. Didn't think he would actually agree though. Deej is the future. BTW Batches Ain't Shit is one of the best songs on The Chronic.
    I was joking, but its still a pretty shitty song

in case anyone is still somehow confused, i think Chronic is a classic.
    Its just not as listenable front-back as 2001. Plenty of classic albums are flawed. Chronic is definitely one of them.

"If lovin 'Warm It Up' is wrong, I don't wanna be right."

Parker ...you are my favorite new poster

WELCOME !

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I had to look up Parker Lewis. Before my time. lol

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

in furtherance of your research, you may want to check out the first House of Pain album.

and he gets dissed on KMD's Black Bastards, another "classic" that dropped when you were 9.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

in furtherance of your research, you may want to check out the first House of Pain album.

and he gets dissed on KMD's Black Bastards, another "classic" that dropped when you were 9.

uugh that shit is old. get with the times.