Why are there no rap albums coming out?

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    My first tape was kris kross, btw.

incidentally this tape is playing where i am at right now.

not by my choice.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    My first tape was kris kross, btw.

No wonder.
    Dude I was like 8 years old.

Also "Warm It Up Kris" is a classic.

I have no need to hear "Jump" ever again though. Nothing so annoying as 20-somethings getting all nostalgic-like for cheesy pop-rap from their 'youth'

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

It's your mind garden.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    "Warm It Up Kris" >>>>>>>>

Oh snap, your shoes match yr deodorant.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    That does explain Deej's view of chronic 2001 being "better" than the "Chronic".

The Chronic - 1992

Totally Korssed out - 1992

If you were 8 when that dropped, and you were just buying rap music chances are you weren't feeling the chronic, so you have almost no firsthand concept of its impact.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    That does explain Deej's view of chronic 2001 being "better" than the "Chronic".

The Chronic - 1992

Totally Korssed out - 1992

If you were 8 when that dropped, and you were just buying rap music chances are you weren't feeling the chronic, so you have almost no firsthand concept of its impact.
    Actually I would have been 9 but yeah I was definitely feeling the Chronic dude. I still have memories of watching "Dre Day" and "G Thang" on the box back in the day, and I thought they were the coolest songs I'd ever heard. Doggystyle was one of my favorite records, and I remember thinking Snoop was the coolest dude ever, and I still recall how he didn't look at the camera in those early videos, he just looked at the ground under a low hat brim, dude was badass. Plus I said Chronic had the biggest impact of any rap album ever so yr just misreading me. 2001 was more good songs, the first one has three great ones, a couple good ones and plenty of garbage.

There's some serious hypocrisy on here when I'm like "Chronic is important, but really uneven" and everyone hates, but you all want to insist that rap albums from that period were like the most consistent shit compared to now.

I don't get what you don't understand about wanting to rock new shit. I'm sorry I'm not old and bitter about new music. When folks kept telling you that '80s rap was the best, were you all "yeah, Illmatic is no Raising Hell" or what?

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    2001 was more good songs, the first one has three great ones, a couple good ones and plenty of garbage.

Wow. This is almost on some "Soundbombing II is one of the greatest albums ever" steez.

• sergserg 682 Posts

dude, I've seen you support some suspect shit and I just chalked it up to being soft but this? I can only assume that when you were nine you were really stupid.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    relax guy, I am just pointing out your viewpoint of the latter being better than the former makes sense. And being 9 when the chrinic dropped verses being 19 is a big difference.

When did I ever say I wouldn't rock new shit? yeh I am critical of alot of new shit, but that's more because 75% of most new music is trash anyway no matter what time period. I might revisit something and change opinions, but there is a reason you see alot of the same records in the dollar bins. Being critical has nothing to do with being against new shit.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I'm sorry I'm not old

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I feel like sobchak in the big lebowski here re: "Warm It Up" - Dude, I'm not calling Kris Kross the GOATs. I'm not saying 'top ten song of all time.' I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a beer. They're not gonna take your turn, Dude.

Its an uptempo early 90s rap track with energetic rapping and dope beat, I don't know why that shit is so threatening.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    it's that your calling it classic, which it hardly is.

I feel like sobchak in the big lebowski here re: "Warm It Up" - Dude, I'm not calling Kris Kross the GOATs. I'm not saying 'top ten song of all time.' I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a beer. They're not gonna take your turn, Dude.

Its an uptempo early 90s rap track with energetic rapping and dope beat, I don't know why that shit is so threatening.

Big Lebowski? Dude were you alive when that dropped?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

It must have been awesome seeing Saturday Night Fever on opening night.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    2001 was more good songs, the first one has three great ones, a couple good ones and plenty of garbage.

Wow. This is almost on some "Soundbombing II is one of the greatest albums ever" steez.
    Whens the last time you were like "man I'm gonna play me some 'High Powered.'"

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

That song is the shit

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts

That song is the shit

Exactly!!!

It must have been awesome seeing Saturday Night Fever on opening night.

actually there was a Puerto Rican-Italian brawl outside the theater that night and my hommie got merked.

thanks for bringing that up though.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

Whens the last time you were like "man I'm gonna play me some 'High Powered.'" [/quote

lol. Where did you find this guy? Keep posting. You provide much entertainment.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

PLEASE IDENTIFY THE "GARBAGE" SONGS

last friday on the 40 freeway at aprx 10:30pm

last friday on the 40 freeway at aprx 10:30pm
    I drop bombs like Hiroshima.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Nah its cool guys, keep listening to the same 10 'classics'
    I just kind of burned out on 40% of the chronic after hearing it for the 230483290429348390th time.

You do know plenty of KIDS TODAY think jeezy's album is as good right? And that just cuz they didn't grow up with the chronic doesn't mean they're wrong, right?

Why listen to the chronic when you should be listening to revolver.

Why listen to the chronic when you should be listening to Kris Kross[/b] .

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Why listen to the chronic when you should be listening to Kris Kross[/b] .
    I donno about you but I haven't heard "Warm It Up" nearly as much as I have oh any song on the chronic. But I donno, maybe you rocked that a lot back in the day.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts

There's a saying that goes "everyone is entitled to their opinion". However, it is instances like this that I must bring up the corollary saying: "Yes, but your opinion is wrong". Anyone who thinks that the Chronic is two or three good songs and alot of filler is a toy.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

There's a saying that goes "everyone is entitled to their opinion". However, it is instances like this that I must bring up the corollary saying: "Yes, but your opinion is wrong". Anyone who thinks that the Chronic is two or three good songs and alot of filler is a toy.
    I said three great songs, a couple good songs and plenty of filler.
    If you think the chronic is filler-free your ears have some filler.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Hey dudes Raising Hell > Illmatic and if you disagree you're a toy.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts

I said three great songs, a couple good songs and plenty of filler.

If you think the chronic is filler-free your ears have some filler.

Nah, maybe I just have much better taste than you and didn't start listening to rap when Kriss Kross came out.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Maybe you're old.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    Maybe you're old.

Maybe you're a toy!