Explosions at the Boston Marathon.

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I wonder if CNN is going to apologize for reporting we were suppose to be looking for a "dark skinned male". News is making me sick begging officials for body counts hours after the event like nothing else matters. Last night the Texas explosion press conference was like a bunch of rapid dogs fighting over a bone.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    volumen said:
    Frank said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    "The speculation about Patriot's Day's significance was undoubtedly inspired by the fact that this week does contain a number of unhappy anniversaries: the Oklahoma City Bombing (April 19, 1995), the Waco assault (April 19, 1993), the Columbine School Shooting (April 20, 1999), and the Virginia Tech massacre (April 16, 2007), for starters. Two of those tragedies--the Virginia Tech massacre and the Waco assault--were on Monday, the Patriot's Day of those years."

You left out the Oklahoma City bombing which was two days after Patriots Day on April 19, 1995.

Now a fertilizer plant near Waco blows up, almost to the day on the 20th anniversary of the end of the Waco siege. What in the hell is going on?

It's hard not to tie all that together, but every fertilizer plant is a bomb waiting to blow. It's a building full of explosive material in a small town with a volunteer fire department, so it's a disaster waiting to happen. Allegedly the factory was already fined for not having good preventative safety policies. It's possible it was an attack, but more than likely terrorists would have stolen the fertilizer and blow up something with political significance.

Two big questions are why is something that explosive allowed to be that close to a town and why do we have billions to fight wars but every town doesn't even have a fully trained paid fire department ready for emergencies. My understanding is that the majority of fire departments int he US are voluntary. Says a lot about the brave people that volunteer and the low life government officials who don't care about regular citizens.

I'm not at all a sucker conspiracy theories and I'm repulsed by how some people try to read bizarro shit into these things to feed their agenda but what would be the statistical likelihood of this being a coincidence?

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    volumen said:

Two big questions are why is something that explosive allowed to be that close to a town and why do we have billions to fight wars but every town doesn't even have a fully trained paid fire department ready for emergencies.

One simple answer: It's Texas.

We also don't have billions to fight wars, hence the deficit. And, fire departments are state funded, not nationally funded, at least for the most part.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Frank said:

I'm not at all a sucker conspiracy theories and I'm repulsed by how some people try to read bizarro shit into these things to feed their agenda but what would be the statistical likelihood of this being a coincidence?

You mean the likelihood that two explosions could happen in a period of two days? On the whole planet?

Probably statistically similar to one incident of arson occuring, and one accidental fire occuring in two days.

So, pretty good chance it's a coincidence, IMO. At least with the info we have right now.

Frank said:
    volumen said:
    Frank said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    "The speculation about Patriot's Day's significance was undoubtedly inspired by the fact that this week does contain a number of unhappy anniversaries: the Oklahoma City Bombing (April 19, 1995), the Waco assault (April 19, 1993), the Columbine School Shooting (April 20, 1999), and the Virginia Tech massacre (April 16, 2007), for starters. Two of those tragedies--the Virginia Tech massacre and the Waco assault--were on Monday, the Patriot's Day of those years."

You left out the Oklahoma City bombing which was two days after Patriots Day on April 19, 1995.

Now a fertilizer plant near Waco blows up, almost to the day on the 20th anniversary of the end of the Waco siege. What in the hell is going on?

It's hard not to tie all that together, but every fertilizer plant is a bomb waiting to blow. It's a building full of explosive material in a small town with a volunteer fire department, so it's a disaster waiting to happen. Allegedly the factory was already fined for not having good preventative safety policies. It's possible it was an attack, but more than likely terrorists would have stolen the fertilizer and blow up something with political significance.

Two big questions are why is something that explosive allowed to be that close to a town and why do we have billions to fight wars but every town doesn't even have a fully trained paid fire department ready for emergencies. My understanding is that the majority of fire departments int he US are voluntary. Says a lot about the brave people that volunteer and the low life government officials who don't care about regular citizens.

I would think 50/50. I remember this kind of this happening before. Bad accident right after an intentional killing making everyone think what the hell is going on. I agree it looks suspicious but we'll just have to see. When your dealing with psychotic terrorist anything is possible, but I still don't see why they would just blow a place in a little town unless they are just trying to prove they can do it. Then again why tip your hat like that.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:

You mean the likelihood that two explosions could happen in a period of two days? On the whole planet?

No, I mean the likelihood that a major explosion like this would happen 20 miles from the site of the Waco siege, 2 days before the 20 year anniversary of the event.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Frank said:
    Bon Vivant said:

No, I mean the likelihood that a major explosion like this would happen 20 miles from the site of the Waco siege, 2 days before the 20 year anniversary of the event.

Anyone trying to make a statement would have done it on the exact day.

They probably would have picked a meaningful target, too.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    JectWon said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    That, then throw in the Sandy Hook tie-in = Stagededed.

Please dude...
    HarveyCanal said:
    To everyone, Post more about music....

Hahaaaaa...you just went up 1000 points in my book with that shit dude. Hahaaaaaa....awesome.

Frank said:
    Bon Vivant said:

You many be right. I just take the wait and see approach. There are only 365 days in a year, and every year something bad happens so pretty much everyday is an anniversary for something good and bad. This morning 2 FOX news anchors were running down the same list as you and I was waiting for them to blurt out " Just Sayin' ". All they had was speculation and came of rather silly in a news format.

Right now I'm more concerned about about a factory that produces highly explosive material and is allowed to be that close to a town. Clearly no real concern for human life from those in power. A place like that should have to do the math on the explosive range of their material and be that far away from civilian populations. Oh yea, we should be pumping explosive chemicals onto our food either.

This part of the most recent AP article kind of sums up why I think it was an accident. The plant seems like it was skirting some major safety precautions and it seems it hasn't even been inspected for over 6 years. It also talks at the end about bad things happening close together and appearing to be related but not. The fact that such a plant doesn't even have sprinklers is insane and continues to point to how our so called capitalism puts us in harms way all for profit.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Records reviewed by The Associated Press show the U.S. Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration fined West Fertilizer $10,000 last summer for safety violations that included planning to transport anhydrous ammonia without a security plan. An inspector also found the plant's ammonia tanks weren't properly labeled.

The government accepted $5,250 after the company took what it described as corrective actions, the records show. It is not unusual for companies to negotiate lower fines with regulators.

In a risk-management plan filed with the Environmental Protection Agency about a year earlier, the company said it was not handling flammable materials and did not have sprinklers, water-deluge systems, blast walls, fire walls or other safety mechanisms in place at the plant.

State officials require all facilities that handle anhydrous ammonia to have sprinklers and other safety measures because it is a flammable substance, according to Mike Wilson, head of air permitting for the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.

But inspectors would not necessarily check for such mechanisms, and it's not known whether they did when the West plant was last inspected in 2006, said Ramiro Garcia, head of enforcement and compliance.

That inspection followed a complaint about a strong ammonia smell, which the company resolved by obtaining a new permit, said the commission's executive director Zak Covar. He said no other complaints had been filed with the state since then, so there haven't been additional inspections.

The company could not be reached for comment. A call to the home of plant owner Don R. Adair rang unanswered.

The federal Chemical Safety Board has not investigated a fertilizer plant explosion before, but Managing Director Daniel Horowitz said "fertilizers have been involved in some of the most severe accidents of the past century."

He noted the 2001 explosion at a chemical and fertilizer plant that killed 31 people and injured more than 2,000 in Toulouse, France. The blast in a hangar containing 300 tons of ammonium nitrate came 10 days after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, raising fears at the time that the two could be linked. A 2006 report blamed the blast on negligence.

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts

#2 running down Fairfield post-blast?

fauxteur said:

Holy crap, where is that pic from?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Someone's GOTTA know those dudes. Don't those dumb motherfuckers realize how many cameras are out there these days?! You gotta cover your whole damn face or have some Hollywood-level disguise. I hope their friends or family members turn their asses in.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    volumen said:
    fauxteur said:

Holy crap, where is that pic from?

looks like #2 to me.

I don't know where you pulled this from, but you should send it to the FBI if they don't already have it.

• Backwards fucking White cap

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Bigger pic

http://i.imgur.com/I1dF69f.jpg

Just a note. If this thing kinda interests you.

http://www.reddit.com/r/findbostonbombers/

• fauxteur said:

If you zoom in, I'm pretty sure #1 is there, too, towards the left side, standing to the right of a woman in a bright pink jacket.

spirit_of_66 said:
    fauxteur said:

If you zoom in, I'm pretty sure #1 is there, too, towards the left side, standing to the right of a woman in a bright pink jacket.

Does look very similar. Hard to tell if the clothes are an exact match.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Maybe a bit more prayer could help!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    'Lo

fauxteur said:

With the larger photo link there you can tell the guy int he back isn't not even close. Red and black jacket, black shirt and looks Asian

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Angry post edit

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Boston Globe is reporting that one of the suspects is in custody and another is still on the loose after an intense gunbattle with at least one large explosion.

I have been listening to a Boston police scanner since about 10 est and it sounded like a fucking war zone. "Officer down", frantic calls for backup and ambulances...

Seriously, my heart goes out to any of yall who have been experiencing this nightmare. Stay fucking safe.

JectWon said:
    Boston Globe is reporting that one of the suspects is in custody and another is still on the loose after an intense gunbattle with at least one large explosion.

I have been listening to a Boston police scanner since about 10 est and it sounded like a fucking war zone. "Officer down", frantic calls for backup and ambulances...

Seriously, my heart goes out to any of yall who have been experiencing this nightmare. Stay fucking safe.

Crazy. Showing a naked guy being arrested on CNN now. Hope they get them both

It's them. Ones dead and manhunt for the other one. Just unbelievable.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    volumen said:
    It's them. Ones dead and manhunt for the other one. Just unbelievable.

Page with a live link to Boston Police scanner

They're still hunting him as of right now. Suspect has just been reported as wearing a grey hoodie with green lettering.

He's just been spotted entering some woods.

Police are tightening the perimeter.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    UPDATE: Suspects are two Chechen brothers.