Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    That didn't answer my question.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Herm said:
    DustedDon said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Yeah, since when is it a good thing to allow a terrorist to completely shut down a city like that? I understand the shock of what's happened, but one dude on the loose shouldn't be posing such a widespread threat.

I don't like any of this overbearing police state bs and the precedent it's setting moving forward.

Word. It would be much better to have more people killed or injured.

Harvey with his finger on the pulse, again!

wow, youre pretty ignorant. this is straight up police state, martial law shit happening in front of our faces and you think its ok? this is fascism at its finest. you dont shut down a city to find one "suspect". this is some really scary stuff.

Wait...so you just pretend nothing's happening? Go to work, send your children off to school, etc.? Then if some other attack happens everybody else turns around and says "Why the fuck would schools, offices, etc be open when there's a crazy motherfucker on the loose?" What's the proper protocol in a situation like this? Serious question.

To not show so much weakness, period.

Used to be common policy. Still is in countries all over the word that are being bombed on the regular. But for some reason, we've suddenly diverted to playing helpless. I really don't get it.

• sakedelicsakedelic 247 Posts
    "Fasciast" regimes!! I hate when those happen. Luckily, there has never been a fasciast regime in the history of the universe.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Used to be common policy. Still is in countries all over the word that are being bombed on the regular. But for some reason, we've suddenly diverted to playing helpless. I really don't get it.

Yeah, that would make it so much easy to catch this guy; if everyone was out there strapped trying to shoot this fucker.

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

You really don't get it.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Yeah, since when is it a good thing to allow a terrorist to completely shut down a city like that? I understand the shock of what's happened, but one dude on the loose shouldn't be posing such a widespread threat.

I don't like any of this overbearing police state bs and the precedent it's setting moving forward.

Word. It would be much better to have more people killed or injured.

Harvey with his finger on the pulse, again!

The cops on this case (as they were in the Dorner case) are obviously borderline, if not complete incompetents. Had this happened in Texas, dude woulda been tooken out by a strapped citizen by now.

But no, let's all go hide in our closets while the booted idiots of our society sort it out for us.

C'mon now, America. What the fuck has happened to you/us?

Imagine the public outcry were it NOT a police state right now. This kid is dangerous. People are scared. Extreme circumstances require extreme measures.

But of course we wouldn't want to impose on Harvey's personal freedoms... while safely behind a computer 3,000 miles away. GTFOHWTBS

When fools start shooting in my neighborhood (usually once every 2 weeks or so), all the smart motherfuckers stay indoors. Common sense shit.

Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Yeah, that would make it so much easy to catch this guy; if everyone was out there strapped trying to shoot this fucker.

You really don't get it.

That's the natural state to begin with, everyday people with ready and legal access to firearms going about their normal routines and if someone decides to act up...BLAM!

That very ability/right to police ourselves is exactly what's going out the window right now. And plenty of Americans don't trust these assjacks they've got out there to properly take care of shit while we're left to just sit on our hands.

Plus, the message being sent to every potential terrorist the world over right now is: all you gotta do is detonate a little shitbird bomb on a crowded American street and it will completely shut that city down for days on end.

This signals the very end to me.

Herm said:
    When fools start shooting in my neighborhood (usually once every 2 weeks or so), all the smart motherfuckers stay indoors. Common sense shit.

Not if you got people still out there. You go and get them. Fuck if my daughter gets caught up in some bullshit if I'm just going to call the cops and hope for the best.

What a bunch of pussies people have become. It's deplorable.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    do you think its ok that all homes and personal property can be searched without a warrant right now? i don't.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    do you think its ok that all homes and personal property can be searched without a warrant right now? i don't.

HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:

Not if you got people still out there. You go and get them. Fuck if my daughter gets caught up in some bullshit if I'm just going to call the cops and hope for the best.

Why would you get your daughter? To bring her inside to safety? What a poooooosy.

HarveyCanal said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:

You really don't get it.

That's the natural state to begin with, everyday people with ready and legal access to firearms going about their normal routines and if someone decides to act up...BLAM!

That very ability/right to police ourselves is exactly what's going out the window right now. And plenty of Americans don't trust these assjacks they've got out there to properly take care of shit while we're left to just sit on our hands.

Plus, the message being sent to every potential terrorist the world over right now is: all you gotta do is detonate a little shitbird bomb on a crowded American street and it will completely shut that city down for days on end.

This signals the very end to me.

Time to increase the dosage on your psychotropics.

We chose how we are going to "police ourselves" a long time ago. We chose to hire and equip a police force, not have vigliante justice.

If that's what you want, then get your gun, drive up to Bean-town, and try to get this guy. Maybe you're a coward?

The message I see being sent is that if you bomb our streets, you'll be killed. And, the city has been "shut down" for less than 24 hours, not days on end, chicken little.

DustedDon said:

Your opinion on this is valid, and I get that.

However, I would advise you to look up the phrase "exigent circumstances".

Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:

Why would you get your daughter? To bring her inside to safety? What a poooooosy.

Yeah, and then I go back out to help find my neighbor's daughter.

The women, with firearms of their own, stay home with the children. Men go out and do the soldiering.

Gawd, I can't stomach this you-didn't-do-that, only-the-state-can-save-me bullshit mentality another second.

HarveyCanal said:
    : all you gotta do is detonate a little shitbird bomb on a crowded American street and it will completely shut that city down for days on end.

Wow. You're a really vile person.

Tell the hundreds injured, physically and mentally, the dead and the families of the dead that the their lives were forever changed by a little shirtbird bomb.

Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:

The only pussy here is Harvey, because he's just flapping his lips and not doing shit. He wants others to put their neck on the line while he posts from Texas.

Coward.

Whatever...

HarveyCanal said:
    Whatever...

If the boot fits, cowboy.

All hat, no cattle. That's you, Harvey.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    When the IRA bombed my town, we kept calm and carried on.

Carry on.

skel said:

Carry on.

I'm saying, that's been the correct prescription forever.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    skel said:

Carry on.

That time those Chechen rebels bombed Boston, we were back to business the next day. It was the overnight cross-city crime spree, running gun/bomb battle with the police, and subsequent manhunt that has shut down the city.

HarveyCanal said:
    skel said:

Carry on.

Didn't you just say you'd run out and bring your daughter to safety? How is that "business as usual?"

DB_Cooper said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    skel said:

Carry on.

That time those Chechen rebels bombed Boston, we were back to business the next day. It was the overnight cross-city crime spree, running gun/bomb battle with the police, and subsequent manhunt that has shut down the city.

So our own incompetent goon squad has caused it. Even worse.

I do like the way you phrased that though.

Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    skel said:

Carry on.

Didn't you just say you'd run out and bring your daughter to safety? How is that "business as usual?"

Are you really as retarded as you act on here?

The whole city should not be shut down. That doesn't mean everyone immediately goes out on a manhunt...unless it does actually get to that point of necessity and then one is organized with citizens deputized and such.

Just get back to work, and if you've got one, keep a firearm handy...so if you stumble upon a clear shot to the back of the suspect's head, TAKE IT ALREADY!

Said person would become the hero of the century.

This is how cities routinely under attack do it.

HarveyCanal said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    skel said:

Carry on.

So our own incompetent goon squad has caused it. Even worse.

I do like the way you phrased that though.

You never learned how to read for comprehension, did you?

Coward.

HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    skel said:

Carry on.

Are you really as retarded as you act on here?

The whole city should not be shut down. That doesn't mean everyone immediately goes out on a manhunt...unless it does actually get to that point of necessity and then one is organized with citizens deputized and such.

Just get back to work, and if you've got one, keep a firearm handy...so if you stumble upon a clear shot to the back of the suspect's head, TAKE IT ALREADY!

Said person would become the hero of the century.

This is how cities routinely under attack do it.

LOL!

So long as that person is someone other than Harvey, of course. He's too busy posting from Texas.

Harvey's the cutest laptop rebel EVER! I just wanna pinch his pasty little cheeks.

Edit: *PASUE* Not THOSE cheeks.

HarveyCanal said:

This is the mind of an intellectual midget at work here.

TAKE THE SHOT ALREADY!!!!!

I mean, no need to be sure if it's the actual person, it MAY be the suspect. Who cares if you're wrong, you're doing something, right? AMERICA!!!!!

LOL!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    this thread has become a different kind of cringefest.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:

You're one of those

You're a really vile person.

Time to increase the dosage on your psychotropics.

Chicken little.

The only pussy here

You never learned how to read for comprehension, did you?

Coward.

This is the mind of an intellectual midget at work here.