Explosions at the Boston Marathon.

Comments

• Turns out the fuckers are Chechen. Let's send them as a gift to Putin. He knows how to take care of these people.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I've never seen anything like this in my life. The whole city is on lockdown, with BPD asking everyone to stay home, lock your doors and windows, and don't admit anyone who isn't a clearly identifiable police officer. They're also asking that people not reveal where the police are searching on social media to protect the officers from being tracked and targeted. Fucking. Unbelievable.

Reports of a hostage situation at a bank in Plymouth. Two Turkish men stopped in Niagara Falls in a car with Massachusetts plates. State police and feds blanketing the highways from Connecticut to New Hampshire. Shit is going down right now.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    FWIW, here's a photo essay on Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the suspect who was killed. Apparently he tried out for the US Olympic Boxing team BITD

http://johanneshirn.photoshelter.com/gallery/Will-Box-For-Passport/G0000VQW7v6xWA7o/

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    They're also asking that people not reveal where the police are searching on social media to protect the officers from being tracked and targeted.

b/w

DB_Cooper said:
    Reports of a hostage situation at a bank in Plymouth. Two Turkish men stopped in Niagara Falls in a car with Massachusetts plates. State police and feds blanketing the highways from Connecticut to New Hampshire.

:get_on_my_level: / :killin_it:

But srsly, it all sounds heavy.

• initial profile reports have them painted as kids who grew up in war-torn Chechnya, who wanted nothing more than to come to the US. and then when they got here they found out it wasn't what they thought they were promised.

now the remaining question is how that leads to making and planting bombs.

• Da Vinylmentalist said:
    Turns out the fuckers are Chechen. Let's send them as a gift to Putin. He knows how to take care of these people.

putin wants nothing to do with this. although he'd be very happy to bury them under the black dolphin gulag and forget it ever happened.

if the second one makes it out alive, he's staying stateside for SURE.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Reports of a hostage situation at a bank in Plymouth.

Seems to be false. Scared me for a second there... that's my hometown.

This shit is so surreal even 3,000 miles away. I can only imagine what it must be like to be in the midst of it all. Stay safe everybody.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Dude asks for people to offer explanations and disables the comment section...the explanation is clearly an air to ground missle launched from a CIA vehicle just North of Abbott, Texas.

There is no such thing as an accident or simple tragedy anymore....just false flags and political opportunities.

• these photos are mental.

deadspin: Boston is empty

these photos are mental.

gotta admit, the BPD and the FBI are also doing a pretty good job at terrorizing Boston

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    these photos are mental.

Jesus. Where did they put the homeless, I wonder.

Yeah, since when is it a good thing to allow a terrorist to completely shut down a city like that? I understand the shock of what's happened, but one dude on the loose shouldn't be posing such a widespread threat.

I don't like any of this overbearing police state bs and the precedent it's setting moving forward.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    They have bombs that theyre tossing around and shit man, thats pretty dangerous

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    the dead one had explosives strapped to him with a triggering device

isn't the search for the guy happening out in the suburbs, near Cambridge?

I remember visiting my mother in Silver Spring, MD right when the DC sniper was on the loose and the streets were never deserted, even though the guy had been running around shooting people for a week or so. Granted, the police had done a pretty pathetic job on that case but this reaction seems a little overblown to me. Seems like if you step out of your house anywhere in New England right now you could be met with a hail of bullets from a SWAT team...

HarveyCanal said:
    Yeah, since when is it a good thing to allow a terrorist to completely shut down a city like that? I understand the shock of what's happened, but one dude on the loose shouldn't be posing such a widespread threat.

I don't like any of this overbearing police state bs and the precedent it's setting moving forward.

Last night, suspects 1 and 2 robbed a 7-11, then carjacked a dude. They ambushed and killed an MIT police officer, and in the shootout later with the police, the suspects were throwing bombs as well shooting. 15 police officers were hospitalized last night overall. They think #2 intends on creating a hostage situation, and that additional suspects beyond the two may be assisting and at large. I'm on board with the lockdown.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:

Last night, suspects 1 and 2 robbed a 7-11, then carjacked a dude. They ambushed and killed an MIT police officer, and in the shootout later with the police, the suspects were throwing bombs as well shooting. 15 police officers were hospitalized last night overall. They think #2 intends on creating a hostage situation, and that additional suspects beyond the two may be assisting and at large. I'm on board with the lockdown.

Yeah man....the limited view of this thing that was afforded to me via the police scanner channel from 11pm to 3am made it sound like these dudes were literally treating Boston like a goddamn Grand Theft Auto video game.

I'm sure that Boston Public Saftey isn't proud of the dire measures they are electing to take but this is a horrible situation.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Guzzo said:

I hate when they do shit like this. Takes away from when they report legit stories.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Word. It would be much better to have more people killed or injured.

Harvey with his finger on the pulse, again!

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:

wow, youre pretty ignorant. this is straight up police state, martial law shit happening in front of our faces and you think its ok? this is fascism at its finest. you dont shut down a city to find one "suspect". this is some really scary stuff.

DustedDon said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:

wow, youre pretty ignorant. this is straight up police state, martial law shit happening in front of our faces and you think its ok? this is fascism at its finest. you dont shut down a city to find one "suspect". this is some really scary stuff.

Excuse me. These guys are tossing bombs and shooting people.

Maybe you don't think the Police have a duty to protect the public, but you would be wrong.

Igonrant? Wear that hat for yourself. Fascism? Look that word up, buddy, because you clearly don't know what it means.

I'll put you down in the camp that prefers more murder and mayhem over less than 24 hours of inconvenience. Nice choice.

Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:

The cops on this case (as they were in the Dorner case) are obviously borderline, if not complete incompetents. Had this happened in Texas, dude woulda been tooken out by a strapped citizen by now.

But no, let's all go hide in our closets while the booted idiots of our society sort it out for us.

C'mon now, America. What the fuck has happened to you/us?

HarveyCanal said:

But no, let's all go hide in our closets while the booted idiots of our society sort it out for us.

Uh, that's their job. I know you want to think of yourself as some kind of bad ass Sheriff, or that everyone should act that way.

Why don't you strap on your six gun and fly up there, Harv?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    DustedDon said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Wait...so you just pretend nothing's happening? Go to work, send your children off to school, etc.? Then if some other attack happens everybody else turns around and says "Why the fuck would schools, offices, etc be open when there's a crazy motherfucker on the loose?" What's the proper protocol in a situation like this? Serious question.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    DustedDon said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Excuse me. These guys are tossing bombs and shooting people.

Maybe you don't think the Police have a duty to protect the public, but you would be wrong.

Igonrant? Wear that hat for yourself. Fascism? Look that word up, buddy, because you clearly don't know what it means.

I'll put you down in the camp that prefers more murder and mayhem over less than 24 hours of inconvenience. Nice choice.

you obviously haven't read much about the beginning of fascist regimes taking control. it happens just like this every single time.

Herm said:
    DustedDon said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Wait...so you just pretend nothing's happening? Go to work, send your children off to school, etc.? Then if some other attack happens everybody else turns around and says "Why the fuck would schools, offices, etc be open when there's a crazy motherfucker on the loose?" What's the proper protocol in a situation like this? Serious question.

Don't be ignorant. It's Fascism, bro.

DustedDon said:

you obviously haven't read much about the beginning of fasciast regimes taking control. it happens just like this every single time.

Oh. You're one of those. Yeah, every act by the police puts us on a slippery slope to Nazi Germany.

Ok.

b/w

LOL! @ BPD being a fascist regime.