Pictures from SXSW

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    I never quite understood the point of putting a person down on a messageboard just because you don't like what they like, or whatever. Or where they came from or grew up.

It seems to be quite the trend on here and other boards I may find myself lingering to. There have been times where I felt like I needed to defend myself, but then I soon realized how stupid it really was. I've caught myself calling Alice a bitch, in which, is very wrong, but I felt the need to defend myself again. And this whole "trying to be hard" thing is really cliche.

Plus, intrepting someone on a messageboard is far different than intrepting them in person.

There are a lot of people who have been on here for years, I understand that. But they are not just on here, but actually out playing to people and putting in their part to their community. Thus, it is their obvious passion for the music. So, I ask, why are some of us so hateful? Are we that bored?

Whatever happened to just being nice to someone and not trying to start some e-beef with someone who is miles and miles away from you? What happened to that feeling of sharing records, thoughts, your music,etc without someone having a pompous ego.

You don't know what are going thru (i.e. Cosmo) and what they have been through.

Something we all have learned, at least, I think in kindergarten, is if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

And if I could make out to see all of you perform I would! It would be a wonderful experience.

you need to practice what you are preaching here which is what i brought up when you cosigned young phon. it just doesn't seem like you have much self-awareness that you contradict yourself a lot and post a lot of obnoxious shit and maybe just maybe that is what is rubbing people the wrong way, not that they have some personal vendetta against you or are "jealous" like you love to assume. i just get the feeling that you don't really read things you respond to or read things that you write for that matter and then you act all surprised when someone responds to you negatively.

case in point, you come with this peacemaker and "why must we fight?" talk here and there in this thread but dude you totally are egging on and instigating the beef with some posts you've made in here as well. that's why i responded to your post like wtf? it's cause you are mad inconsistent. it just doesn't seem like you really are capable of understanding that your own words could rub someone the wrong way cause you're always acting surprised or appalled like shit was unwarranted. when cosmo thanked people for sending thoughtful condolence PMs you were all "cough cough" right after like you want a shout out for that i mean for real? dude that is just not a good look and not a time to try to be cute and "look at me" when there is this real personal tragedy that dude is dealing with. try to gain some perspective and see that it's insensitive and most people have the good sense to understand that.

so yeah type what you want but please think twice before you hit submit indeed. i think if you took that advice you'd notice people will respond to your posts more positively and less insulting/consdescendingly

• I thought this was celebratory thread?

celebratory
    celebratory
    celebratory
    celebratory
    celebratory
    celebratory
    celebratory

hi cosmo. bummer you didn't make it by again. robert, i'm still holding a record for you. come by by wednesday or i'm putting it out.

GP kills it.

• dude archaic are you bi-polar or something?

dude i don't care what angle you are coming from, this shit has no place in this thread.

i speak from experience.

X 1,000,000

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    kirsten and friend

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    insulting to have this guy open up for Ghost and Rakim.

yeah, that I don't get. How did that happen?! I've never listened to the dude[/b], but I really don't think I want to go there.

Its true. I have never listened[/b] to Mickey Avalon.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

enjoy my random oversized beef pics.

bitches.

• insulting to have this guy open up for Ghost and Rakim.

yeah, that I don't get. How did that happen?! I've never listened to the dude[/b], but I really don't think I want to go there.

be glad...be VERY glad.

btw, what is the male version of a 'becky' called? Cause Becky and ______ (many of them) were loving that Mickey-Avalon-poor-excuse-for-rap. It did finally make sense why they ended up at a Rakim/Ghost show.

• insulting to have this guy open up for Ghost and Rakim.

be glad...be VERY glad.

btw, what is the male version of a 'becky' called? Cause Becky and ______ (many of them) were loving that Mickey-Avalon-poor-excuse-for-rap. It did finally make sense why they ended up at a Rakim/Ghost show.

I always called them 'Chad'.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Lets get back to some SXSW pictures...

Mickey Avalon

This had to be the most

bullshizzle i've ever heard/seen in my life.

i seriously thought it was a sick joke at first. then i was suprised to see this clown actually has fans that were there reciting his lyrics with him.

UGHH.

seems insulting to have this guy open up for Ghost and Rakim.

Definitely but he apparently has a following. I was suprised like the rest of you to see half the crowd actually know his lyrics. Rakim was great though. I expected no less.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    A thread like this is the reason why after hella years around and tons of posts I quit fucking with this place.

p.s.

HI AY*RS.

Man.

I get home from one of the best trips I've had to read this?

Fuck you Archaic.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    A thread like this is the reason why after hella years around and tons of posts I quit fucking with this place.

p.s.

HI AY*RS.

Man.

I get home from one of the best trips I've had Out of the blue Shortie No Mas sends me a myspace comment today then I have to read this?

Fuck you Archaic.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

I get home from one of the best trips I've had Out of the blue Shortie No Mas sends me a myspace comment today then I have to read this?

Fuck you Archaic.

she was a cutie.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    herm peep the crush thread!

I seen it like a 27 inch Zenith!

Did you miss my response on there?

Herm

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

<s>I get home from one of the best trips I've had</s> Out of the blue Shortie No Mas sends me a myspace comment today then I have to read this?

Fuck you Archaic.

she was a cutie.

fuck you, man!

(beef within beef within beef)

• Zion-I got a lukewarm reaction opening up for UGK??

I am shocked, Robert. SHOCKED.

File under: drum-n-bass manufactureurs embarassed of their backpack past

They should have been put on with Rico Pabon, Saafir, Kirby Dominant, The Pack, and Federation who were all together just across the alley from where Zion I was getting ignored and abused.

I did attend both shows at different times, and it is true that the two crowds were night and day from each other.

Mountain Dew / MTV Booked Zion I, not me. I have no problem with them, but from the start I was like "Um why is Zion I gonna take up 40 minutes of one of my most prime shows?"

Cuz it's like, me personally I like them, 90% of that crowd doesnt.

And I didnt see 2 seconds of their show cuz I was running around and answering psychotic texts and dealing with thangs.

• Mr. Wright took part in the Say It Loud panel on Saturday along with Chuck D, Cyril Neville, Alejandro Escovedo, Garland Jaffreys, Dave Marsh, and Rosie Flores. Mr. Wright was pissed off and then some that over the course of a few days that he was being served with what he described as a "washed out" SXSW experience. Seriously, he was duly disturbed that he could actually find additional indication that the music industry goes out of its way to further marginalize non-white artists.

Next thing I find out, he cancelled his showcase at Antone's later that same night.

Do you agree with his take?

Fuck yes...as a rap fan, I know that SXSW basically has one single dude, Matt Sonzala, coordinating just about anything that SXSW puts on in the departments of rap and r-n-b. And in most cases, those acts get put on at the worst venues. Muthafuckin' put some more resources into it already.

That being said I need to sell this house, move to Austin and go full time with it. They actually put a decent amount behind it and they do care but I mean shit, they know where the butter comes fo their bread.

Don't ask me to make Damage Control a rock show or whatever, know what I mean? I mean I feel the sentiment, but SXSW actually puts things behind it and gives me a good support base. As for hip hop being put into wack clubs, shit man, talk to the haters on 6th Street about that. And downtown Houston, and South Street in Philly, etc... It is an uphill battle man. Seriously.

• And in my opinion the back room wasnt a bad club, just off the path. i was glad to be on or around 6th street the whole time this year. and im glad i throwed the throwedest day party 2 days in a row hands down.

and all that being said, i don't want y'all to fight cuz you're both cool peoples and i know roberts steez on the internet for 13 years now LITERALLY! I have said it before on here I think, dude introduced me to messages boards in 1994 with rmhh and I was always reading his posts like DAMN BOY YOU CRAZY! Like, he gets it going.

And that being said there's some truth to the hipster/racism/clubs/djs/current state of music thang, but it ain't The Rubs fault and straight up and down if The Rub were wack I'd say the same things.

"These white boy (sorry Cosmo - just um, saying something metaphorical and mathematical here) motherfuckers are some bullshit and don't even be needing to play this shit GO THE FUCK BACK TO THE TECHNO CLUB AND DIE OFF SOME A THAT ESSTACY BITCHES!"

But The Rub isn't that, they jam, and fuck it.

I'm very much way past giving a fuck these days. If it jams, then I'm jamming it.

That being said I think everyone on this board is a faggot for not seeing Mr. Pookie and Mr. Lucci.

Discuss.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I love you my dude.

But your boy is a bitch and a herb and a pussy and he made his bed. Fuck him.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    That being said I think everyone on this board is a faggot for not seeing Mr. Pookie and Mr. Lucci.

Discuss.

how was that show?

• wow....how can i be down ?
    you cant please all the people all the time, and if "those" people arent paying my bills..well you know the rest.

maintain and keep it movin cosmo.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    cos is most definitely the real deal. dis him you dis yourself as the saying goes.

cos, hope you and yours are coping all right with the f'd upp bad news.

dont stress the dudes yapping. perfect time for the "ignore user" function. he obviously has a little woody for you and doesnt have much to offer. walk away from the bullshit

staystrong,t

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• sergserg 682 Posts
    this thread needs more of that and less of bullshit

• this thread needs more of that and less of bullshit

real talk there

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

p.s.

HI AY*RS.

Man.

I get home from one of the best trips I've had to read this?

Fuck you Archaic.

I'm sorry to hear about your man Cosmo. Talk about emotional peaks and valleys, got a call on the layover on the way home that my girl's pops has colon cancer. From the highest highs to the lowest lows. But man everybody really took it there this weekend and I love all of you.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    when cosmo thanked people for sending thoughtful condolence PMs you were all "cough cough" right after like you want a shout out for that

honestly, that was not why I wrote that. I wrote that cause I am WEIRD and was trying to be FUNNY. NOT CAUSE I WANT ATTENTION.

If it wasn't funny, eh, it wasn't. But I was trying to shed some light on some anger, thats all.

I didn't want to respond to this because I do not want to have beef with you. Yet, I felt I wanted to make myself more clear on that part.

Again, it is difficult sometimes to fully understand what people are saying on a messageboard, than in person.

elise, plaese to bounce the fuck on out this thread thanks.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    thank you MorseCode, I hope the best for you too.

This is EXACTLY what I am talking about.

you know what I am sorry for being harsh but its an emotional time and this thread made me pretty angry and I got tired of sitting back watching you cloud it up talking loud and saying nothing. Just please learn how to fall back sometimes.