Pictures from SXSW

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    RASHIED, why are you clinging to this white life? If I were you, I'd kill myself so I could be reincarnated as a black guy. Your favorite rappers might be popular by the time you reach adulthood, too.

^^^More Projection^^^

Just because you want to be black, or you are so ignorant that you think that any non-black who is into black culture automatically wants to be black, does not mean that I myself want to be black.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    RASHIED, why are you clinging to this white life? If I were you, I'd kill myself so I could be reincarnated as a black guy. Your favorite rappers might be popular by the time you reach adulthood, too.

^^^More Projection^^^

Just because you want to be black, or you are so ignorant that you think that any non-black who is into black culture automatically wants to be black, does not mean that I myself want to be black.

So now you don't want to be black?

^^^More Projection^^^

So now you don't want to be black?

That is damned funny, Nathaniel. Good one.

• But how are your street-testers and the townspeople standing behind your published, inciteful articles supposed to celebrate your gift to black people.. your very legacy if you don't kill yourself? How can you live with such a tragic flaw: Not being born black?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    But how are your street-testers and the townspeople standing behind your published, inciteful articles supposed to celebrate your gift to black people.. your very legacy if you don't kill yourself? How can you live with such a tragic flaw: Not being born black?

Jeezus, dude....

Can we just close the book on this thread now?

• my pics are up full rundown coming tonight

Kodak moment

these two have since become engaged.

actually real talk thats my wife.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

I particularly like the teleological bent of that quote, the internet being the obvious endpoint of all hood approved experiences.

I particularly like the use of teleological in the strut. Beef up that vocab all you dollar bin dictionaries.

And, I think Soulstrut--as a collective--should be the next president.

• And for the record, "tasty jazztronica" is NOT my quote.

might be the funniest thing in this whole thread.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    man I still wish I had the picture of me and magno, him with his chain and my mcdowells shirt.

someone needs to hook me up with Ciabatta Bread, for real that song needs to be in my life all the time.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Mannnnnn I'm a rappin' maniac.

man I still wish I had the picture of me and magno, him with his chain and my mcdowells shirt.

someone needs to hook me up with Ciabatta Bread, for real that song needs to be in my life all the time.

Here's the DJ Grip mix I told you about. Its 3rd cd has about a dozen Basswood songs on it...unmixed. I'm pretty sure CIabatta Bread is on there. I left my copy at home today, so I'll have to confirm later.

Ciabatta Bread is also on this...

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

Dude Manny is killing it with that shit. "En my Neeplay."

• Who's Manny? Dude looks really familiar.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    http://gawker.com/news/vice/a-hipster-never-misses-a-money+making-opportunity-245335.php

"Okay. This is how it all went down. See, Vice's party, at SXSW the other night? Tooootally out of control! They'd switched the party location to an Elks Lodge in Austin, far from all the action but presumably more hipster-white trash-cool? Or something. Anyway, right after Against Me!'s set, the balcony began to collapse. Right away, some enterprising soul from Brooklyn (obvs) has put pieces of the rubble up on eBay."

One comment on the page pretty much sums it up... "What a douche."

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-SXSW-Vice-after...1QQcmdZViewItem

• Who's Manny? Dude looks really familiar.

DJ Magneto, homie and Innernational Crew member with DJ Day, first guy to get me DJ gigs in Portland, awesome graphic designer, awesome DJ, and the most relaxed human being you will ever ever ever encounter.

• it's dope you guys trouped out to the salt lick. my favorite bbq spot in town. if i hadn't had to work, i would have been wit'cha.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    it's dope you guys trouped out to the salt lick. my favorite bbq spot in town. if i hadn't had to work, i would have been wit'cha.

THE THREAD THAT WOULD NOT DIE!

It was good meeting you man. I definitley need to come back next year. I'm still buggin on how great that weekend was.

• it's dope you guys trouped out to the salt lick. my favorite bbq spot in town. if i hadn't had to work, i would have been wit'cha.

I had the same thoughts after reading MorseCode's blog. The Salt Lick is the truth.

• day-

good to meet you too man. too bad it was in passing, it would have been good to chill for a bit and chop it up.

next year.

see you all next year.

Sure sounds like a bunch of Strutters came down to Austin and got it how they knew they wanted it.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It sure seems like it, doesn't it?

Howdy.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    How's the Harvey Canal Show going today?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    How's the Harvey Canal Show going today?

• Sure sounds like a bunch of Strutters came down to Austin and got it how they knew they wanted it.

Hell yeah, Scion payed me a few grand + accomdations to fuckin' hang out with my family and then interview Ghostface, The Melvins, Rakim, & Chromeo.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    far be it from me to play captain save-an-archaic but working for Scion =/ 'journalism'