Pictures from SXSW

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Thanks Robert. You got what you wanted I guess. I'll let you know next time I'm in town and we can see each other.

You're putting too much on this shit.

Not sure if you noticed...but before SXSW started, I mentioned on here that I was going to write a doozy of a preview of The Rub set in the Austin Chronicle. Instead I left it as citing your set on my grid of SXSW Recommendations. Of course, I had no intention of attending. But the idea was for you to think that there would be some bad shit written about you, only for you to discover the opposite (no matter how sarcastic of a mention it really was). Point being, you are trying way too hard to turn what I consider as fun and games into some serious bullshit. And honestly, it only makes me want to fuck with y'all more, seeing how much next to nothing gets so under your skin. But at this point, since you're going through some shit, I will lay off...

I usually stay out of this kinda shit...but dude, you tried to play blue-eyed-Al Sharpton-with-a-backpack and basically said the Rub's success was due to racism...and you said this to a dude with African-American blood in his veins..dont try and to back-peddle.

That's what he does, on a consistent basis. Again and again. And now with this whole race thing, Honestly dude, I want you to explain yourself. Do you really know me? Now you say you want to lay off but it seems like you just want to fold. Come on man, continue your crusade. It's just getting good.

And yeah man, you mentioned that "doozy" that you were going to write. I wasn't checking for it. Sorry man, you're not on my radar at all. When you mentioned it at first, it just made me think about how irresponsible of a journalist you must really be, to let personal opinions and feelings influence your piece on us in such a way. And that in turn made me think that your "professionalism" that you exercise in what you do must really be the cause of why you're not doing shit in the grand scheme of things. Talk about shooting your own self in the foot.

But on the strength man, had you written that piece, it would have been great for us. Honestly, anyone who reads your work and accepts it as gospel is probably not our fan base as it is. And we both know how this game works, Robert. 1 out of every 10 people who read your shit would have probably done their own research on what's popping with us, and out of that a fair number I'm sure would have dug what we do. So I thank you Robert for keeping our name on your lips, because good or bad, all it does is give us more exposure, fans, and money. Again, thanks.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Thanks Robert. You got what you wanted I guess. I'll let you know next time I'm in town and we can see each other.

Not sure if you noticed...but before SXSW started, I mentioned on here that I was going to write a doozy of a preview of The Rub set in the Austin Chronicle. Instead I left it as citing your set on my grid of SXSW Recommendations. Of course, I had no intention of attending. But the idea was for you to think that there would be some bad shit written about you, only for you to discover the opposite (no matter how sarcastic of a mention it really was). Point being, you are trying way too hard to turn what I consider as fun and games into some serious bullshit. And honestly, it only makes me want to fuck with y'all more, seeing how much next to nothing gets so under your skin. But at this point, since you're going through some shit, I will lay off...

TRANSLATION: i was gonna pretend that i was gonna go to your show and then say nasty stuff so you would think i was at your show and gonna say nasty stuff but really i was not gonna go to your show and actually gonna say nice stuff so that you would fall into my pretend nasty stff/nice stuff trap.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Welcome to the Muppet Show.

• I've lived here through 9 SXSWs. One of Harvey's points is completely correct. Most hiphop shows outside of media darlings or really popular sort of "indie" rap acts get shunted into lesser venues. It's always been like that. It's kind of a bummer.

I don't doubt this fact one bit, but to even infer that it is due to the likes of Urrs and Cosmo is silly at best. And isn't SXSW all about "media darlings" and the race to create, exploit and then conveniently forget about them? At least that was always my perception as an outsider.

I was merely presenting a fact. I guess there was no way to do it w/out making it sound like "I'm on a side".

Also, the fact that there was a free X-Clan and PE showcase has to be a step in the right direction, no?

People that live in Austin, are for the most part, "SXSW outsiders". The fest really isn't for Austinites. Again, not hating, just providing perspective.

The only SXSW "event" I attended was Dave FoS's party on Friday and it was awesome. All of you who left or weren't there missed GP's INTERNATIONAL DJ DEBUT and I know you're mad at that.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Posssibly the greatest location material evar!!

------------blue-eyed Al Sharpton w/a Backpack!!!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

doing cocaine and liking rap music
    yes!!!

nice pics, we need more for those who couldn't make it.

Nice ghostface pics.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    And yo Robert. Do you really want to talk about RACISM with ME? Keep digging your hole, dude?

Or do you want to do it MY way? We can see each other. I am far from spaztic.

Dude you live a sad life. I pity you. I really do. I wouldn't have gotten all worked up if it weren't for the balance of a mood that I'm going through today. But at the end of the day, like I stated above, all you really do is give me more shine.

And yeah,

I thought this was celebratory thread?

It is. Thanks to everyone who supported us, and continues to support us, Austin at large, the Austin hip-hop community, all the other Texans who show love in large amounts. We will see you ALL next year.

And also thanks to everyone who sent in kind PMs.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    cough cough

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

My bad, it was actually Thursday afternoon. Don't know if that changes anything on your end of this retrospective showdown that we were supposed to have.

Well I'm talking about Friday at Beauty Bar. I don't know what you're talking about. I have no interest in fighting you, I'm 5'6" and weigh 160. And for the record I'm not even mad at you for hating. Keep talking that shit. I had a great time at SXSW, made a little money, saw some great shows and got to see friends from all over the world.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    cough cough

damn youre corny.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

TRANSLATION: i was gonna pretend that i was gonna go to your show and then say nasty stuff so you would think i was at your show and gonna say nasty stuff but really i was not gonna go to your show and actually gonna say nice stuff so that you would fall into my pretend nasty stff/nice stuff trap.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Welcome to the Muppet Show.

You forget though, that I went to The Rub show last year...and Cosmo who had previously talked all sorts of foul shit about me on the internet approached me and said..."are you Archaic? Nice to meet you...*hand shake*

He then came on this board and trumpeted how my brief Chronicle preview of their show last year was one of the rare occasions where a journalist actually got it right about what The Rub does.

Yet now, I'm not on his radar...

That's why it's so easy for me to get him worked up into a tizzy.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I've lived here through 9 SXSWs. One of Harvey's points is completely correct. Most hiphop shows outside of media darlings or really popular sort of "indie" rap acts get shunted into lesser venues. It's always been like that. It's kind of a bummer.

I don't doubt this fact one bit, but to even infer that it is due to the likes of Urrs and Cosmo is silly at best. And isn't SXSW all about "media darlings" and the race to create, exploit and then conveniently forget about them? At least that was always my perception as an outsider.

I was merely presenting a fact. I guess there was no way to do it w/out making it sound like "I'm on a side".

Also, the fact that there was a free X-Clan and PE showcase has to be a step in the right direction, no?

People that live in Austin, are for the most part, "SXSW outsiders". The fest really isn't for Austinites. Again, not hating, just providing perspective.

The only SXSW "event" I attended was Dave FoS's party on Friday and it was awesome. All of you who left or weren't there missed GP's INTERNATIONAL DJ DEBUT and I know you're mad at that.

Yeah, I am not really trying to take anyone to task over how and what a music festival means to people who live in the space that it plays out, I am simply saying that things are what they are, and music festivals in 2007 I ASSUME are pretty much there to market something and create a buzz. I would be shocked if someone told me that racism was not affecting people in this area of life as it adversely affects people the same way in so many other endeavors. Why you would put this at the doorstep of people who are simply there to ply their music and their trade is a mystery to me.

Take it up with the organizers, R.

• A thread like this is the reason why after hella years around and tons of posts I quit fucking with this place.

p.s.

HI AY*RS.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    1. sorry I missed this.

2. dude Cos sorry to hear about your loss.

3. I want to see more boobs in these pics (other than large lesbian floppy ones and Vin's)

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

You forget though, that I went to The Rub show last year...and Cosmo who had previously talked all sorts of foul shit about me on the internet approached me and said..."are you Archaic? Nice to meet you...*hand shake*

Does this surprise you? You play a character on the internet and seem to be an entirely different person in real life, based on meeting you briefly last year and what Ross says about you. There is no way you are this crazy in real life. Either way, we don't read the Austin Chronicle, so yeah, your writing is not on our radar.

My bad, it was actually Thursday afternoon. Don't know if that changes anything on your end of this retrospective showdown that we were supposed to have.

Well I'm talking about Friday at Beauty Bar. I don't know what you're talking about. I have no interest in fighting you, I'm 5'6" and weigh 160. And for the record I'm not even mad at you for hating. Keep talking that shit. I had a great time at SXSW, made a little money, saw some great shows and got to see friends from all over the world.

I have no interest in fighting you either. I genuinely think that you are a cool guy and a pretty darned good dj. Cosmo just takes the bait way more than you do and winds up in places that he really doesn't want to go. But after last year, I suppose he now has a tough guy rep to protect.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

I have no interest in fighting you either. I genuinely think that you are a cool guy and a pretty darned good dj. Cosmo just takes the bait way more than you do and winds up in places that he really doesn't want to go. But after last year, I suppose he now has a tough guy rep to protect.

I don't get you at all.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    places that he really doesn't want to go.

Are you saying that he doesn't want it the way he thinks he wants it?

Well, color me confused!

Does this surprise you? You play a character on the internet and seem to be an entirely different person in real life, based on meeting you briefly last year and what Ross says about you. There is no way you are this crazy in real life. Either way, we don't read the Austin Chronicle, so yeah, your writing is not on our radar.

Fair enough.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    F I S H F I G H T ! ! ! !

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Now there's something I would actually check for. Very good look!

places that he really doesn't want to go.

Are you saying that he doesn't want it the way he thinks he wants it?

Well, color me confused!

In this case, I know more about what he doesn't want than what he does want.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    dudes, I don't know what's worse, this or me fighting all the Laker haters up in the NBA thread.

We got different agendas, values, and hustles. At the end of the day, hopefully we can atleast respect that.

PEACE, MAN! PEACE LOVE EACH OTHER!!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I have no interest in fighting you either.

• i couldnt make it this year due to the fact that i just got paid today for the work i did LAST week
    looks like yall had fun though
    see yall next time you come to houston or austin

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    F I S H F I G H T ! ! ! !

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    sorry i missed it (again) this year, guys. Looks like a lot of fun. I looked into tickets for the last minute and they were like 900 dollars and would have left me with about 5 hours of sleep and preparing for my new job.

What else is going on ? nothing? alright.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It was fun. You were missed.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I just got back from lunch with my homie that went. He gave me quite a few crazy stories. I'm jealous I wasn't there to say the least. I work with the people that put this together and I have to say they know how to have a good time.

I would have been right up front to see Day, The Rub Fellas and many others. I'm glad you guys had such a great time.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    A thread like this is the reason why after hella years around and tons of posts I quit fucking with this place.

p.s.

HI AY*RS.

mmmhm. I haven't been here for years obviously and I TOTALLY co-sign this.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    A thread like this is the reason why after hella years around and tons of posts I quit fucking with this place.

p.s.

HI AY*RS.

mmmhm. I haven't been here for years obviously and I TOTALLY co-sign this.

ok, what the hell are you talking about? weren't your contributions in this thread basically instigating and trying to escalate shit?

uh...okayyyy