Pictures from SXSW

12345679»

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    HAPPEND

That just happened, too.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    far be it from me to play captain save-an-archaic but working for Scion =/ 'journalism'

Neither does crapping out capricious and misinformed reviews of "tasty jazztronica" for a free Austin weekly.

• far be it from me to play captain save-an-archaic but working for Scion =/ 'journalism'

woops! I need a blog to be a journalist!

And yo...i'm just funin' with you Robert.

• far be it from me to play captain save-an-archaic but working for Scion =/ 'journalism'

Neither does crapping out capricious and misinformed reviews of "tasty jazztronica" for a free Austin weekly.

DAWGZ. Y'ALL NEED TO DROP THAT. THAT WAS ONE CHICK. SO HARVEY WAS A NICE GUY AND RODE FOR HIS FRIEND. MY CITY AIN'T ABOUT THAT.

Besides...ask SoI, HOUSTON is the city of "tasty jazztronica".

• let's all just drop this schitt already.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    far be it from me to play captain save-an-archaic but working for Scion =/ 'journalism'

DAWGZ. Y'ALL NEED TO DROP THAT. THAT WAS ONE CHICK. SO HARVEY WAS A NICE GUY AND RODE FOR HIS FRIEND. MY CITY AIN'T ABOUT THAT.

Has anyone seen Shied and his "friend" in the same room together?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    How's the Harvey Canal Show going today?

I clicked on this thread and immediately thought "Why the fuck are you doing this? Are you that bored?"

Whatever. This video clip made my week.

"Two clowns together are really great."

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Who are you talking about here?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Has anyone seen Shied and his "friend" in the same room together?

Yes, one of my parents is Indian and I'm from the cornfiields of Iowa and oh yeah, I'm a woman too.

You musta got good at figurin' stuff like that out in one of those Yankee lawyerin' schools.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

woops! I need a blog to be much more bitter and jaded to be a journalist!

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Here's what Lily Allen had to say about it:

"Pop star Lily Allen has branded her American fans "backward".

The Smile star has spoken out against the audience at the South By Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas, where she performed two shows earlier this month - insisting the US represents everything she hates.

She says, "It's all very weird here. They're all backward in Texas but not as much as they are in Arkansas and Wyoming where I'm going soon.

"I can't really speak for the American population - I'm so far away from anything they are and stand for." "

• Who is Lily Allen?

• sergserg 682 Posts
    some retarded girl from the uk who sucks at everything

• some retarded girl from the uk who sucks at everything

she sucks at everything apart from making quite fun pop songs and knowing how to raise peoples heckles. good girl.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    payed me

she sucks at everything apart from making quite fun pop songs and knowing how to raise peoples heckles. good girl.

I believe you mean "raise peoples' hackles[/b], but your malapropism is more apropos.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i think its weird when ppl on here will rep for lily allen's psuedo-JA 'pop' and then hatt on Sean Paul as sellout becky pop bullshit or whatever.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    i think its weird when ppl on here will rep for lily allen's psuedo-JA 'pop' and then hatt on Sean Paul as sellout becky pop bullshit or whatever.

Erm... their music sounds completely different...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I know. I just think the argument is disingenous. You can't get mad at Sean Paul for not being 'authentic' and then ride for a little white girl from the U.K. trying on some jamaican pop.

Plenty of legit reasons to criticize either artist but around here people are quick to run to the authenticity card. Apparently white girls from the u.k. don't have to worry about that.

• i think its weird when ppl on here will rep for lily allen's psuedo-JA 'pop' and then hatt on Sean Paul as sellout becky pop bullshit or whatever.

im curious where in here someone was ridin for lily allen? i think that was more of a "feather ruffling " comment but i could be mistaken

im also curious where phonics did anything resembling a claim to journalism?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

im curious where in here someone was ridin for lily allen? i think that was more of a "feather ruffling " comment but i could be mistaken

im also curious where phonics did anything resembling a claim to journalism?
    Edited by Young_Phonics (03/22/07 01:39 PM)

as far as lily allen i didnt mean to imply anyone was riding for her here but there have been posts about her on this board in the past.

i.e. http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=758618&an=&page=0&vc=1

• Dude Smile and LDN are fun little cuts but that Lily Allen record is HORRIBLE! It is such trash. Utter garbage. Below No Doubt on the suckabilty scale and I didnt think anyone could suck as bad as No DOubt.

Why these people think they are doing Ska? They are making garbage.

• she sucks at everything apart from making quite fun pop songs and knowing how to raise peoples heckles. good girl.

I believe you mean "raise peoples' hackles[/b], but your malapropism is more apropos.

i have done checked a dictionary and i stand corrected. but she was pretty funny that time she was on "never mind the buzzcocks" (uk music tv quiz for anyone outside of britain- -- is it broadcast in the US??) and it's good that she slags everyone off evenly. don't really care about the music. but i'd rather listen to "smile" when it comes on the radio then some tepid "R+B".

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    some retarded girl from the uk who sucks at everything

I believe you mean "raise peoples' hackles[/b], but your malapropism is more apropos[/b].

Apropos to pointing out malapropisms, I think you meant appropriate.

I believe you mean "raise peoples' hackles[/b], but your malapropism is more apropos[/b].

Apropos to pointing out malapropisms, I think you meant appropriate.

Main Entry: apropos
    Function: adjective
    : being both relevant and opportune

I thought it was more relevant, as Serg and others were basically heckling her. Besides, mine's more assonant (no asinine).

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I know. I just think the argument is disingenous. You can't get mad at Sean Paul for not being 'authentic' and then ride for a little white girl from the U.K. trying on some jamaican pop.

Plenty of legit reasons to criticize either artist but around here people are quick to run to the authenticity card. Apparently white girls from the u.k. don't have to worry about that.

dude as far as I can remember people on this board generally ride for Sean Paul.

I started a clown thread on him once and, I am big enough to admit, got shouted down mostly.

yeah I know that's big of me.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Main Entry: apropos
    Function: adjective
    : being both relevant and opportune

I thought it was more relevant, as Serg and others were basically heckling her. Besides, mine's more assonant (no asinine).

I guess I've always heard it used as in reference to or on the subject of.

• ayres said: