Pictures from SXSW

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I kinda dont really wanna be here right now...

It's a predictable point of view.

(...) I came on to this board a few years back, for the longest Cos was the biggest unecessary dickhead to me out of the whole bunch. I could be in a back-and-forth discussion with Faux or Paycheck and even though we'd be clowning each other, we'd pretty much stay on topic. Then like clockwork Cos would step in to throw out some of his irrelavent, projectionist bullshit like "look at this dude, his life must be pathetic." I mean, I can even deal with Ronald McDonald jokes, which as a kid would force me to knock dudes the fuck out, better than some bandwagon bitch shit like that.

(...)

Forget that the 3 times that I've ever had anything published on The Rub, that they were all done in an overtly positive light.

Forget that I've met both Cos and Ayres in person and there was absolutely no static.

Since you're reminiscing, reminding us what to forget, let's not forget you're six month escapade on Diplo's dick. The zenith of which was a review of a gig he did on your home turf, offering a blow-by-blow note-for-note of his performance, talking about "I personally wouldn't have played that joint, but whatever, he's a hipster..." Calling dude a "Goober" only to go on to say you couldn't see how such a dork could "pull such a fine Indian specimen" as M.I.A.

*stalker*

While it's nice to see your fervent green-with-envy rages of Philly's Boy Gone Big Tent have subsided--presumably (hopefully) because you realized your weird war has no bearing on him--it's clear from this thread (and every other post you make) that you've moved your stalkerazziing to Diplo's next door neighbor.

Give me a few minutes (I know a handful of other people were witness to the weirdness; feel free to chime in with the links) and I can dig up all those old threads and paste them side-by-side with this one, then we can all see how dense you are. Talk about bandwagon bitch shit.

How long do we have to watch you repeat the same thing over and over (directed towards similar subjects) expecting different results. Perhaps you should

quit thinking you can dictate the direction of every friggin thing you touch.

Forget your fetishizing black culture to such a degree that even the rest of the white majority of soulstrut find it creepy, offering your white solutions to black problems you claim to understand, the I'mma change my name to sound more hood Rashied phase, and much, much more

Talk about pathetic...

I said, "It's a predictable point of view."

What I really should have said is "you're so not what you say you are at all."

Dudes spend their free time googling Ronald McDonald images to supposedly hurt my feelings, yet I'm the stalker.

And can a revolutionary soldier like yourself forgive a music critic for coming on a music board and critiquing music? Maybe that doesn't fit within your Black Panther-jacked aesthetic.

Gee wiz, a heavy metal dude suddenly thinking his suburban upbringing is the equivalent to Fred Hampton catching a cop's bullet. Like that isn't the most predictable shit going...

I made like 3 different jokes about Diplo 2 years ago. Yet here you are still hanging onto them like they made Diplo break up with you or some shit.

Some of the same criticisms I had back then for Diplo have maintained themselves through dudes like Cos. Big deal, I have the same problem with dudes purposefully watering down the real in order to gain a broader audience, especially when that new audience contains so few of the folks who were originally down with that real being jacked/remixed.

And as far as me and black culture, I'm straight. I've published articles just as inciteful and offering my best suggestions for situations of racism and people in my town appear to stand behind them.

I don't have to pretend like you dorks that I'm not part of the black predicament in America. If someone thinks my ideas are hogwash, then they can say so. But no, I'm not taking it from a bunch of hypocritical white record collectors who think that somehow black music is better off under their direction.

And here's some Location material for y'all...

My shit gets tested in the streets long before it ever hits the internet.

Yep, I did just say that. Read it again if you have to.

Y'all want so badly to see it the other way around, but like 85% of the negative shit that y'all have ever thrown at me...it's merely projection.

Yeah, I made a mistake beginning 13 years ago when I choose for a few years to write under the name of Rashied. I can admit that now. But really, the only people who have ever brought that up to me as a problem are people that already had some other problem with me.

I'd love to hear some of the stupid shit some of y'all have done over the years trying to be down. My instance is just more obvious, that's all.

For real, I see you fools for what y'all really are...and that bugs the fuck out of you.

But don't worry, one day I will lose interest and y'all can go on perpetrating in peace.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

I don't have to pretend like you dorks that I'm not part of the black predicament in America.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I kinda dont really wanna be here right now...

It's a predictable point of view.

(...) I came on to this board a few years back, for the longest Cos was the biggest unecessary dickhead to me out of the whole bunch. I could be in a back-and-forth discussion with Faux or Paycheck and even though we'd be clowning each other, we'd pretty much stay on topic. Then like clockwork Cos would step in to throw out some of his irrelavent, projectionist bullshit like "look at this dude, his life must be pathetic." I mean, I can even deal with Ronald McDonald jokes, which as a kid would force me to knock dudes the fuck out, better than some bandwagon bitch shit like that.

(...)

Forget that the 3 times that I've ever had anything published on The Rub, that they were all done in an overtly positive light.

Forget that I've met both Cos and Ayres in person and there was absolutely no static.

Since you're reminiscing, reminding us what to forget, let's not forget you're six month escapade on Diplo's dick. The zenith of which was a review of a gig he did on your home turf, offering a blow-by-blow note-for-note of his performance, talking about "I personally wouldn't have played that joint, but whatever, he's a hipster..." Calling dude a "Goober" only to go on to say you couldn't see how such a dork could "pull such a fine Indian specimen" as M.I.A.

*stalker*

While it's nice to see your fervent green-with-envy rages of Philly's Boy Gone Big Tent have subsided--presumably (hopefully) because you realized your weird war has no bearing on him--it's clear from this thread (and every other post you make) that you've moved your stalkerazziing to Diplo's next door neighbor.

Give me a few minutes (I know a handful of other people were witness to the weirdness; feel free to chime in with the links) and I can dig up all those old threads and paste them side-by-side with this one, then we can all see how dense you are. Talk about bandwagon bitch shit.

How long do we have to watch you repeat the same thing over and over (directed towards similar subjects) expecting different results. Perhaps you should

quit thinking you can dictate the direction of every friggin thing you touch.

Forget your fetishizing black culture to such a degree that even the rest of the white majority of soulstrut find it creepy, offering your white solutions to black problems you claim to understand, the I'mma change my name to sound more hood Rashied phase, and much, much more

Talk about pathetic...

I said, "It's a predictable point of view."

What I really should have said is "you're so not what you say you are at all."

Dudes spend their free time googling Ronald McDonald images to supposedly hurt my feelings, yet I'm the stalker.

And can a revolutionary soldier like yourself forgive a music critic for coming on a music board and critiquing music? Maybe that doesn't fit within your Black Panther-jacked aesthetic.

Gee wiz, a heavy metal dude suddenly thinking his suburban upbringing is the equivalent to Fred Hampton catching a cop's bullet. Like that isn't the most predictable shit going...

I made like 3 different jokes about Diplo 2 years ago. Yet here you are still hanging onto them like they made Diplo break up with you or some shit.

Some of the same criticisms I had back then for Diplo have maintained themselves through dudes like Cos. Big deal, I have the same problem with dudes purposefully watering down the real in order to gain a broader audience, especially when that new audience contains so few of the folks who were originally down with that real being jacked/remixed.

And as far as me and black culture, I'm straight. I've published articles just as inciteful and offering my best suggestions for situations of racism and people in my town appear to stand behind them.

I don't have to pretend like you dorks that I'm not part of the black predicament in America. If someone thinks my ideas are hogwash, then they can say so. But no, I'm not taking it from a bunch of hypocritical white record collectors who think that somehow black music is better off under their direction.

And here's some Location material for y'all...

Yep, I did just say that. Read it again if you have to.

Y'all want so badly to see it the other way around, but like 85% of the negative shit that y'all have ever thrown at me...it's merely projection.

Yeah, I made a mistake beginning 13 years ago when I choose for a few years to write under the name of Rashied. I can admit that now. But really, the only people who have ever brought that up to me as a problem are people that already had some other problem with me.

I'd love to hear some of the stupid shit some of y'all have done over the years trying to be down. My instance is just more obvious, that's all.

For real, I see you fools for what y'all really are...and that bugs the fuck out of you.

But don't worry, one day I will lose interest and y'all can go on perpetrating in peace.

Translation: "Okay, I'm reloaded, you goobers!"

Also, genius malapropism:

inciteful

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Also:

"tasty jazztronica": street tested/hood approved

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    kirsten and friend

Is that Sean aka Har Mar Superstar?

Is he famous at SXSW? LOL

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    A Brief Biography of Austin's Most-Loved Critic of Philly DJs[/b]

The serious unserious, reverently irreverent, immoral moralist whose iconoclastic assault on the received pieties of America place him in the front ranks of music critics. What went into the making of the legend?

There was his erudition, his stock of language, his lore and urban sagas, his ransacking of every literature, his knowledge of archeology and racial history.

There was the precision with which he knew the homely details of culture as well as the big abstractions, the ease with which he moved about in history in Neolithic times to the report of the latest congressional committee. He was, as was said, the last critic who knew everything and if he did not know quite everything he could distract your attention with his dry witticism.

In all your predictability, slagging my revolutionary soldiering doesn't mean shit to me. So, in all fairness, I offer you:

I was in a rap band that spit about ice cream and buttfucking. "Nuts In Your Fudge" was our regional hit. Now, that's something I could be embarrassed about. Tough guy.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Also:

"tasty jazztronica": street tested/hood approved

I particularly like the teleological bent of that quote, the internet being the obvious endpoint of all hood approved experiences.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    inciteful

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    the internet being the obvious endpoint of all hood approved experiences.

well, this is soulstrut after all...

where's my popcorn?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    dudes purposefully watering down the real

Weren't you quite heartily on your own dick for playing Ying Yang Twins--Ying Yang Twins redoing 2 Live Crew, at that--at a house party?

Weren't you quite heartily on your own dick for playing Ying Yang Twins--Ying Yang Twins redoing 2 Live Crew, at that--at a house party?

p*te dude THANK you for that.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    quite heartily on your own dick

I guess someone has to be.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

p*te dude THANK you for that.

Anytime Enki posts in a thread I'm always sure to check it. He's never let me down.

I didn't remix it over a Bangles instrumental, or vice versa.

And how does Ying Yang constitute a watering down from 2 Live Crew?

And for the record, "tasty jazztronica" is NOT my quote.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

---------

Thank you.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    ^^^^^creepy!

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    could yall please stop?

You know, i was savin it for a special occasion...

its been a while....

but i think its time for a deep breath all round....

Oh you know whats coming............

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• my pics are up full rundown coming tonight

http://houstonsoreal.blogspot.com

• LuminLumin 807 Posts

we need more of this and any other sxsw pics or vids
    i will accept vids of fights that went down between people on this board at sxsw as well

my pics are up full rundown coming tonight

Kodak moment

Kodak moment

these two have since become engaged.

Just can't say enough how good of a show that Public Offenders put on:

During the course of SXSW, I also discovered that the lil dude on the left, KJ Hines, just might be the best teenage rapper that I've heard since Mac Mall:

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

Kodak moment

that's Matt Sonzala's wife

Kodak moment

That's Matt's wife...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

PAP?

• RASHIED, why are you clinging to this white life? If I were you, I'd kill myself so I could be reincarnated as a black guy. Your favorite rappers might be popular by the time you reach adulthood, too.