NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    Celtics didn't buy, didn't sell. Didn't do shit.

Apparently the grand plan is finish 6th, get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round, and suck with a bunch of nobodies for the next 6 years :/

I dunno - from what I heard, Celts were open to trades but nothing seemed to come down the pipeline that piqued their interest enough. What were you hoping for, realistically? Assume that Rondo was never seriously on the table - what kind of upgrades could you get for flipping Allen or PP at this point? I think ultimately, there just wasn't a good trade to be made.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    After the Trailblazers fire sale yesterday, this NBA season is over to me. No coach, no GM, no Camby, no Crash. It's 2005 all over again. Can't imagine Lamarcus Aldridge is happy about this turn of events.

I don't know where this team is headed and neither does anyone else, which may make it a highly unattractive coaching opportunity. Any hope that D'Antoni takes on this project? Maybe bring Mike Dunleavy back out of retirement? Terry Porter? Anyone??

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    root, bide your time. the blazers just freed up lots of room to maneuver and retool. the oden shit is a tragedy and a big setback...no ones fault. roy, more bad luck. but now you may have two lottery picks, plus money to spend. havent seen him play much, but batum is good, right? they could be very good again by next year

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Around last year I told someone (over on another board) that Aldridge should abandon the sinking ship ASAP.
    Dudes got emotional.

He's now going have to wait another 4 seasons for good trades, overrated rookies to blossom, and a good coach to become a contender.

And Wallace was bad idea in the first place. Dude is a PF. Aldridge is a PF. WTF?

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    Everyone at work was keeping an eye on their computers and FB's all day yesterday. As soon as Camby got traded they got pissed, as soon as Wallace got traded they got even more pissed. As soon as McMillan got traded they was happier than pigs in shit. lol

It will be interesting to see how Portland builds the team around Aldridge and Batun after this year. I heard though that they couldn't find any takers for Crawford or Felton, apparently they wanted to get rid of them.

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    I meant after McMillan got fired not traded

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Ramon Sessions looks promising.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    What happened to BATMON? Sulking after the Knicks blow out the Pacers by like 30?

:lush:

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    batmon said:
    SoulOnIce said:
    They supposedly had more than one team offer a first round pick for Allen. He is gone in 3 months, take the pick and look to the future.

I don't know what "they won already" means. 4 years ago?

OKC, Miami, Chicago....new blood.

Lakers and Celtics......last old blood.

Rivers wants to juice one more Playoff run vs the youngbucks. After this its a wrap.

Hey,

I think Doc Rivers may be the next coach on the chopping block at season's end. I hope not, as he's a victim of his team aging despite being a great coach. I think Denver (trade Nene, what?) and Portland (trading Camby, wtf?) are idiots, though I think Nate McMillan's 'nine lives' expired long ago. I say the same of Andy Reid for the Philadelphia Eagles (after this upcoming season if they suck again). Back to b-ball, D-Fish needed to go long ago, as his old, slow-ass couldn't guard me these days (don't let the belly fool you ;-P ). Hey TripleDouble, where you at? I'm still ready to put my 'old man post moves' on you in the paint :lol: . I still think Dallas was foolish for trading Tyson Chandler, since his defense and rebounding was an important part of them winning the NBA championship. Hell, I don't know sometimes what the fuck team owners/GMs are thinking with the moves they make.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    What happened to BATMON? Sulking after the Knicks blow out the Pacers by like 30?

:lush:

Since Cablevision blackouts the Knicks games, I ran down stairs to my restaurant to watch the game.
    The Owner told me the Knicks are "gonna do your ass like Portland". I was like 'GTFOHWTS'........

At halftime, I left and went back upstairs drunk and upset.

Barbosa tonight.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    stacks, i'm lacing up now. ever ready.
    i thought chandler was a free agent?

i was surprised about nene too, but from what i read, nuggets got cold feet about the big contract they just gave him and his penchant for injury. regardless of effort, injury, etc dude is a fridge and strong as shit

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Any Warriors fans at the Chris Mullin ceremony? MEGA BOOS TO DA OWNER! I like it, fuck all the handholding kumbaya for the owner. Rick Barry shoulda introduced Mullin and skipped Joe Lacob.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Watched it on TV. Got a kick out of it at first, but then they wouldn't stop.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Speaking of Portland -- the new look squad out-hustled Chicago at home on Friday, thereby creating a new definition of Trap Game: Fired the coach, traded their center, dumped their former No. 1 overall, and were on the road -- now that's some true trap shit, no matter that the Bulls themselves were missing Rose, who looked almost quaint in his street clothes. I can't find a pic but this was a nice tweet about it:

Last night, Bulls set a franchise record for lowest points allowed, blowing out Orlando 85-59, and the legend of John Lucas III continues to grow while Thibs fastest coach ever to 100 wins.

Im torn between the Bulls and the Heat going to the Finals.
    The Bulls have the superior interior and the better defense intensity.

The Bulls bench is cray

The Bulls still don't have enough offense to get them over the hump IMHO. When it comes to crunch time in the playoffs it will be all Rose all the time again, and he can't do it alone.

motown67 said:
    The Bulls still don't have enough offense to get them over the hump IMHO. When it comes to crunch time in the playoffs it will be all Rose all the time again, and he can't do it alone.

i agree. Unless Deng gets it going.

• unityunity 179 Posts
    The_Non said:
    Any Warriors fans at the Chris Mullin ceremony? MEGA BOOS TO DA OWNER! I like it, fuck all the handholding kumbaya for the owner. Rick Barry shoulda introduced Mullin and skipped Joe Lacob.

I'm more of a pistons fan, so I'm somewhat disconnected, but I was at the game last night. Crazy scene. Season ticket holders around me were saying that Lacob shouldn't have even come out and said anything in the first place, it was all ego. But very-casual-observations-from-the-game-from-a-very-casual-fan:
    -Kevin Love is really good and fun to watch. Worth the price of admission.
    -David Lee is good, but can't carry that team.
    -Nate Robinson makes a lot of dumb plays.
    -People go batshit insane for bobble heads. Line into the arena was all grip sweaty.

The Warriors owner shouldnt have been present at the ceremony?

If he didnt show up they would be bitching as well.

Silly shit.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    unity said:
    People go batshit insane for bobble heads. Line into the arena was all grip sweaty.

Truth....but here's why.

Last year my kid called me and said she had a free ticket to a Mavs game for me from a friend of hers. I showed up and dude is handing out a dozen free tickets that cost him $20 a piece. Only catch is we have to hand over the Dirk bobble head once we get inside. He was putting them on German ebay and getting $200 a piece for them...kid cleared $2,240 for the night!

• unityunity 179 Posts
    batmon said:
    If he didnt show up they would be bitching as well.

Probably not.

But yeah Rock, major grip n' flip scene there. A few people were carrying around garbage bags full of bobble heads, talmbout getting a hundred dollars for each. I'd go for a tim hardaway one. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=chris+mullin+bobblehead&_nkwusc=chris+mullen+bobblehead&_rdc=1

batmon said:
    motown67 said:

I haven't seen much progress from him compared to last year so I don't think he's the answer. Rip Hamilton was supposed to alleviate the scoring problems, but he's been injured. In fact, that whole team has seen a bunch of injuries to key players all year long.

People were booing the Warriors owner because of the Monta Ellis trade. People can't see big picture, and are not happy with the season overall because the Warriors are right back where they were last year even with the new ownership, coach, new bench, etc.

motown67 said:
    batmon said:
    motown67 said:

I haven't seen much progress from him compared to last year so I don't think he's the answer. Rip Hamilton was supposed to alleviate the scoring problems, but he's been injured. In fact, that whole team has seen a bunch of injuries to key players all year long.

Their role players have stepped up big time while Rose has been out. Lucas is killin it. But the Playoff are another story.

Vinny Del Negro needs to stop coaching all together.

I knew once The Clippers get some "success" he would not be the dude taking them to the Western Conference Finals.

He'll be joining D'Antoni soon.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Q: What does Blake Griffin and Dwight Howard have in common?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    motown67 said:
    People were booing the Warriors owner because of the Monta Ellis trade. People can't see big picture, and are not happy with the season overall because the Warriors are right back where they were last year even with the new ownership, coach, new bench, etc.

it was way, way more than the trade (and playoff guarantees) committed by lacob and co.
    it's been a long time coming. it's the history of this crap. I've only been paying attention for the past 20 or so years of what this article goes in to, but it's enough for me.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7714701/how-annoy-fan-base-60-easy-steps

i'll boo the owners until they put a good product on the floor. i don't care what the excuse is-- until this product is good (and until an injured point guard and an injured center are miraculously not injured and successful for a season, it's not a good product, just conjecture) the owner gets teh "boo."

what the hell was lacob talking after mullin for anyway? and why didn't he just power through it like david stern does every time he's booed? say your two sentences, shutup, and hand the mic off-- easy.

i don't know why he would expect a pissed off fanbase to react otherwise to his patronizing "warriors storied history" B.S.

and rick barry can shove it up his ass.

Bogut
    Lee
    Jefferson
    Klay Thompson
    Curry

yall are finally out of the small ball era

With Bogut the Warriors might finally do something next season. All they have to do now is keep on losing. I wanna see a 10 game losing streak! Not going to happen though. They're still trying to win every game. Jackson wouldn't let them tank. Lucky for us though, Curry is out, and Biedrins is sick so we have no real center and we get pounded on the boards most days, and can't execute down the stretch. Lose, lose, lose so we have a chance at keeping our draft pick this year.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    white_tea said:
    Speaking of Portland -- the new look squad out-hustled Chicago at home on Friday, thereby creating a new definition of Trap Game: Fired the coach, traded their center, dumped their former No. 1 overall, and were on the road -- now that's some true trap shit, no matter that the Bulls themselves were missing Rose, who looked almost quaint in his street clothes.

Despite basically giving up on the season, we're only three games out of the eight seed. Come on Trailblazers!