NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    "The fuck are you kidding me? Andrew Bynum? Fuckin' ship his ass out. We talkin' about Jason Kidd. And now we in this fucked up situation." - Kobe Bryant circa 2007

The kid's really come a long way. Bynum's earned KB's trust. He put up the game-winning basket the other night, and tonight he gets 37 and 15. First time all star this year too.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    batmon said:

Lin should be catering to Melo. You actually believe LIn should be the offensive engine of the team?

How does the current Knicks roster, with D'Antoni coaching, make this happen though?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    batmon said:

Lin should be catering to Melo. You actually believe LIn should be the offensive engine of the team?

How does the current Knicks roster, with D'Antoni coaching, make this happen though?

Run some plays for Melo within the free for all offense.

yuichi said:
    Philly got lucky

There's absolutely no luck involved in motivating teammates and taking mediocre NBA players to build a strong team; one that's founded on great chemistry.

Luck is ALWAYS involved.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    JimBeam said:
    top 10 scorer in the league
    numbers got better and scoring efficiency up for 7 years straight.
    suffered from the "possibly bad attitude and too many tattoos" syndrome in the media. AI-related

nobody can make a team better when it is so severely flawed at every other position.
    he was easily their best and most reliable player. when's the last time he was injured?

this trade is MIL payback for the warriors fooling them into taking corey maggette.

Sorta scared, too, that Monta will be stiffed under Skilles, who doesn't like to let birds fly. Weird trade.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Philly got lucky

There's absolutely no luck involved in motivating teammates and taking mediocre NBA players to build a strong team; one that's founded on great chemistry.

Luck is ALWAYS involved.

Strong argument (eye roll)

A guy on ESPN radio with Cowherd was talking about he's usually pouting and not getting along with D'Antoni. "The NBA has the smallest locker room in all of sports. You have one bad seed, you ruin the vibe of the entire team. You have one jerk in an office of 9...".

There's no luck involved in Derek Fisher's leadership and work ethic and efforts on the defensive end. Why do you think he still has a job with a franchise expected to win a title every year?

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Philly got lucky

Luck is ALWAYS involved.

Strong argument (eye roll)

A guy on ESPN radio with Cowherd was talking about he's usually pouting and not getting along with D'Antoni. "The NBA has the smallest locker room in all of sports. You have one bad seed, you ruin the vibe of the entire team. You have one jerk in an office of 9...".

There's no luck involved in Derek Fisher's leadership and work ethic and efforts on the defensive end. Why do you think he still has a job with a franchise expected to win a title every year?

Improbability is always a factor in sports.
    Whether its staying injury free, getting the right draft pick and/or position, or getting the majority of 50/50 balls.

Ellis is a unique small combo guard thats not easy to build around. That Iverson led Sixers team had all the "right" pieces around a unique player. Larry Brown has a history of getting mediocre players to play above their talent.

Golden State, after the We Believe team got broken up, werent able to secure/build the right team and coach around Ellis. Thats a management issue along w/ how the balls drop on your favor. And they jury was out if he was even worthy of building around w/ his early career antics. Work ethic doesn't guarantee shit.

As far as the Melo shit. D'Antoni is paid to figure out how to utilize a great offensive scorer and fit him into his system.
    Both have to make adjustments. D'Antoni didnt want the Melo trade in the first place. His ball-stopping steez goes against his system. In the end, Knick fans have a bonafide closer on their roster. And when they get into the Playoffs, aint no way Lin or even Amare should be asked to have the ball in crunch time in a seven game series. Shit is all good against the Raptors in the regular season.
    Fuck the NYC media hyping up the "Locker-room discontent". Shit is soap opera bullshit that they get paid to make a mountain out of a molehill. What locker room doesnt have issues? Its typical New York shit.

Derek Fisher is done. The Lakers have been coveting a PG since Jackson and the Triangle left. This Mike Brown system cant disguise Fisher's age and short-comings. He's cool for the locker room, chemistry, and experience, but the Lakers have had Ramon Sessions, Gilbert Arenas, and Raymond Felton on their radar for a long minute. He's been unlucky for being old and outplayed by opposing point guards all season.

And i ask again.....When was the last time u watched the Knicks play for a full game?

batmon said:
    As far as the Melo shit. D'Antoni is paid to figure out how to utilize a great offensive scorer and fit him into his system.
    Both have to make adjustments. D'Antoni didnt want the Melo trade in the first place. His ball-stopping steez goes against his system. In the end, Knick fans have a bonafide closer on their roster. And when they get into the Playoffs, aint no way Lin or even Amare should be asked to have the ball in crunch time in a seven game series. Shit is all good against the Raptors in the regular season.
    Fuck the NYC media hyping up the "Locker-room discontent". Shit is soap opera bullshit that they get paid to make a mountain out of a molehill. What locker room doesnt have issues? Its typical New York shit. ?

:oof:

D'Antoni resigns. Smart move.
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7686638/new-york-knicks-coach-mike-dantoni-resigns

The dude who owns the Knicks is an idiot.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    batmon said:
    batmon said:
    Fuck the NYC media hyping up the "Locker-room discontent". Shit is soap opera bullshit that they get paid to make a mountain out of a molehill. What locker room doesnt have issues? Its typical New York shit. ?

:oof:

D'antonio will get picked up somewhere else. I appreciate Melo's offensive skills, but dude has become a black hole and no running team will win if he is the focal point. The Knicks have enough talent to be tops in the Atlantic, but not sure if I place the blame on D'antonio or Melo. They just don't have the chemistry now.

It ain't fair to compare Melo or Ellis or any of these other gifted "scorers" to future HOFs, but they're different from Bryant or Garnett or Nash or Dirk or Duncan........

And you don't necessarily have to win a title to be considered a winner....Think Barkley, Nash, Ewing, Malone, Stockton.

Batmon, you should really tune in to Colin Cowherd in the AM. Dude was speaking some truth about the difference between a Kobe Bryant and Melo.

It's funny cuz there's a certain allure or attraction to scorers. I bet you half of LA would be ecstatic to get Melo for Pau for example. It'd be an exciting move, and I guess GM/Owners are just as vulnerable to this short-sightedness.

Where the fuck is Jimmer Ferdette? I mean dude can score.....but what else?

Adam Morrison? I mean dude can score.....

Miami's smart that they picked up dudes like Shane Battier. Even though he's clearly on the downswing of his career, he still gives you effort, probably sets a good locker room tone, and probably another reason why Miami has better chemistry this year.

With Denver, Chauncey was that leader. Who's the leader on the Knicks? They need a leader........Melo ain't a leader.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    yuichi said:

And you don't necessarily have to win a title to be considered a winner....Think Barkley, Nash, Ewing, Malone, Stockton.

But ultimately, none of those guys is actually considered a winner. Great players, one and all. But none of them won anything.

I have no idea how the Knicks can fix this mess, it was obvious before the trade that Melo was not a great fit, and I will go on record that Melo will never win a chip unless he undergoes a radical personality change. He just doesn't respect other players or his coaches enough to trust that it might be better to sacrifice some of his own game to be a winning team.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    asstro said:
    I have no idea how the Knicks can fix this mess.

I guess D'Antoni doesn't either:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/new-york-knicks-coach-mike-dantoni-resigns-031412

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    asstro said:
    I have no idea how the Knicks can fix this mess.

I guess D'Antoni doesn't either:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/new-york-knicks-coach-mike-dantoni-resigns-031412

Carmelo is a Coach Killer

Dantoni was there to entertain during the rebuild process. Now that they have a superstar it time for an upgrade at the coach position.

See ya. Go back to Euro ball on the West Coast.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    batmon said:
    Dantoni was there to entertain during the rebuild process. Now that they have a superstar it time for an upgrade at the coach position.

The Knicks have been a winning team under D'Antoni.

They've never been a winning team with Melo on the court.

batmon said:

SUPERSTAR. HAHAHAHA.

btw, thought you were a Boston/Indiana fan. Why are you adamantly defending Melo when you are clearly wrong?

yuichi said:
    batmon said:

SUPERSTAR. HAHAHAHA.

btw, thought you were a Boston/Indiana fan. Why are you adamantly defending Melo when you are clearly wrong?

Im straight Indiana.

Debating w u is useless.

ill answer your question once u answer if youve seen a Knicks game yet. Third time.

Horseleech said:
    batmon said:

The Knicks have been a winning team under D'Antoni.

They've never been a winning team with Melo on the court.

I ask this again. How far do u think the Knicks would go before Melo joined?
    Chandler, Amare, Fields, Lin,Shumpert, Jeffries, and Gallinari?
    Are u fine with the second round of the Playoffs?
    Rebuilding takes time and there are going to casualties along the way.
    Real heads have been calling for this dudes head way before Linstability.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    yuichi said:

Morrison could never produce in the NBA. He was a total flop. Fredette at least in the games I've seen him has been able to score in all but one game so far. He sucks on defense, but he can score.

motown67 said:
    yuichi said:

Morrison could never produce in the NBA. He was a total flop. Fredette at least in the games I've seen him has been able to score in all but one game so far. He sucks on defense, but he can score.

I mean dude can score.....but what else?

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:

SUPERSTAR. HAHAHAHA.

Im straight Indiana.

Debating w u is useless.

ill answer your question once u answer if youve seen a Knicks game yet. Third time.

Like two games. And every time I turn on the tube and I see Lin passing to Melo 15 feet away on an iso, with the others just watching, I cringe and flip the channel.

I win.

You can improve your jumper. You can't improve basketball IQ or force someone to be a leader.

I know I guess I'm a kobe nut-hugger, but this shit is funny......Kobe's condescending tone actually works perfect for once! Watch 'em in succession.
    http://solecollector.com/news/poll-favorite-level-of-the-kobesystem-1/

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    asstro said:
    yuichi said:

But ultimately, none of those guys is actually considered a winner. Great players, one and all. But none of them won anything

Maybe we're mincing words here though. No one thinks less of Nash or Malone or Stockton for not winning a ring. At worst, they get the pity nod, aka "too bad they never managed to win a championship" but that's not a knock on their skills or what they brought to the game.

mannybolone said:
    asstro said:
    yuichi said:

But ultimately, none of those guys is actually considered a winner. Great players, one and all. But none of them won anything

Maybe we're mincing words here though. No one thinks less of Nash or Malone or Stockton for not winning a ring. At worst, they get the pity nod, aka "too bad they never managed to win a championship" but that's not a knock on their skills or what they brought to the game.

Those guys never gave up, that's what makes them winners.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    TRADE DAY!!!
    (sixers please do something)

tripledouble said:
    TRADE DAY!!!
    (sixers please do something)

Memphis gave the Sixers Sam Young.

Indiana gets Barbosa from Toronto