NBA '11-12 666

1373839404143»

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    yuichi said:
    I'd ball every single one of you dudes up with my bare feet and I'd give you a 3 point handicap up to 11. Straight up.

Hey Yuichi,

Don't write let your aliigator mouth write a check your hummingbird ass can't cash! I'll back your ass down in the paint and abuse you with my old-man post moves. ;-) There's no remedy for my ability to spin either direction in the box and finish with the right or left hand. Plus, on a physical note, my work in the weight room could make things get real ugly for you, youngin'. Don't let the gray hairs in the goatee fool you!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I got the remedy. HACK A STACKS! Then undercut you when you jump!

You right about the alligator mouth though.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Batmon, step your IQ up. Didn't I just say that he has jumper's knee? And it wouldn't matter what shoe he has on??? DON'T MAKE ME RAISE MY VOICE.

And when's the last time anyone bought doubles of an Adidas model because they were the best basketball shoe they ever balled in?

b/w

I'd ball every single one of you dudes up with my bare feet and I'd give you a 3 point handicap up to 11. Straight up.

Ill post your little ass up with a Newport in my mouf and a 40 of King Cobra. Full court One on One!

Come on dude, you'd show up to the court wearing a pink polo and a handbag to match.

You couldnt defend me if i had high heels and a summer dress on.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Batmon, step your IQ up. Didn't I just say that he has jumper's knee? And it wouldn't matter what shoe he has on??? DON'T MAKE ME RAISE MY VOICE.

And when's the last time anyone bought doubles of an Adidas model because they were the best basketball shoe they ever balled in?

b/w

Ill post your little ass up with a Newport in my mouf and a 40 of King Cobra. Full court One on One!

Come on dude, you'd show up to the court wearing a pink polo and a handbag to match.

You couldnt defend me if i had high heels and a summer dress on.

''Batmon's handles will leave you twisted like double dutch while he sparking a dutch''
    - Malachi the Yuich Squeeza

Just came across this and thought it depicted my point well.
    A well-designed shoe should NOT have all kinds of bullshit being wrapped around the player's feet and ankles.

http://sneakernews.com/2012/08/24/derrick-roses-sneaker-history/4/

• yuichi said:
    Just came across this and thought it depicted my point well.
    A well-designed shoe should NOT have all kinds of bullshit being wrapped around the player's feet and ankles.

Yes ankle support sounds like a terrible thing in a basketball shoe, you're right.

Maybe the fact that he's the fastest guy on the court, plays at LEAST 36 minutes each game, sprints like a mother, jumps super high and DUNKS, puts a bit of strain on your legs. Look at Dwayne Wade. in 2006 when the Heat won it (and the Olympics) he was running and jumping like there was no tomorrow. Then he blew his knees. Guys now are getting so quick, and jumping so high it puts SO much strain on the bodies. Why the hell else would there be such a massive rise in leg supports being worn in the league? I mean they wrap their whole legs in supportive padding. It's nuts.

D. Rose is a fantastic player, who has started to notice that his body can only take so much abuse. It has nothing to do with what brand shoes he wears. I've played on the D.Roses, and they're good sneakers. Ridiculously light, and not my favorite, but hey, adidas also make Dwights and they're about the most opposite of light and agile you can think of. Nike makes great shoes as well. Currently rocking LeBron 9's and they're better suited to my style of play than the D.Roses.

Why are so many young players wearing out quickly? Is it because it's adidas sneakers or because the commentators have started saying "I can't believe that's a point guard!!" when it comes to dunking?

Also: Howard/Nash/Bryant/Gasol/Artest?!? IF they're all healthy.... DAMN. Clippers? Gonna be pretty interesting to watch. Nets look solid (solid black that is), the hell is Orlando thinking letting Ryan Anderson go, will this be the year John Wall turns into a good player (NO), also as always: Let's go Celtics. More old dudes on the roster really isn't what anyone was thinking, but you could've gotten a worse trade than J.Terry for Ray ray. I hope Jeff Green feels better and that we can start to see the dude ball again.

out.

You make a good point about the athleticism part being the bigger issue with injuries, but this right here I have a problem with....

Ridiculously light, and not my favorite, but hey, adidas also make Dwights and they're about the most opposite of light and agile you can think of.

Rational thinking says someone as explosive as rose doesn't need a shoe that's 3 ounces lighter. I'd much rather have full-length air that puts less stress on joints and ligaments for my star player, than 3 or 4 ounces lighter....

Yall do know Adidas "outdid" Nike in the "lightest ever" campaign right? Because starting with the Kobe IVs, "light" and low-cut was starting to sell........But at what cost?

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, but this is still an interesting topic to me. You're obviously shaving some material off or using an alternative, possibly inferior support and cushioning system to go "ultra light". Factor in the aesthetic elements that go into it for actually selling product to consumers, and that's heck of a lot of research and engineering that goes into it. Nike's been the industry leader since day one for a reason, and as my aspiring sneaker designer friend always stresses to me, Nike is first and foremost a "performance-driven" shoe. Adidas does soccer well. Asics does running well. Nike does basketball well.

To say that a sneaker is marginal in a player's injury is really being naive. The margin of error for a super athlete (not some dude putting up shots at 24hr fitness) must be slim, to say the least.

Nike didnt take over basketball until the 80s.
    Converse, Asics,adidas, Spot Built, Pony,Pro Keds, and Puma were on cats feet before Nike took over.

Jordan wore Converse in College.

That Indusrty Leader since day one shit is bullshit.

batmon said:
    Nike didnt take over basketball until the 80s.
    Converse, Asics,adidas, Spot Built, Pony,Pro Keds, and Puma were on cats feet before Nike took over.

Jordan wore Converse in College.

That Indusrty Leader since day one shit is bullshit.

Okay, I might have pulled that out of my ass, but the market is incomparably larger than "But Jordan was wearing converse in college" days. And it's clear who the industry leader is NOW, and SINCE the market grew incomparably larger.

"For all my stuck in the 90s80s *******"

I would think that for someone that buys neon-colored shoes at your age would be more receptive of technological advances in sneaker design.

yuichi said:

I would think that for someone that buys neon-colored shoes at your age would be more receptive of technological advances in sneaker design.

Would u stop please. Ive Already said Nike has the better tech.

And what deos at your age mean. I see plenty of 70 year old runner with neon on.

Dont hatt me cause im beautiful.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Would u stop please. Ive Already said Nike has the better tech.

And what deos at your age mean. I see plenty of 70 year old runner with neon on.

Dont hatt me cause im beautiful.

Okay, you finally admit Nike has the better tech. I can forgive you, and we can make love.

Just hating cuz I saw a lot of youngsters at a rave with neon on.

batmon said:
    Better tech or not, lightest, more stars, whatever.............

2 of the Greatest Indiana Pacers besides McGinnis have entered the Hall Of Fame.

Why did The Sixers trade Wilt to LA?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Wilt asked for a trade. There are different stories about his motivation.