NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    you saying come on and tank or come on and squeeze into position to be okc's sacrificial lamb?

for the record, i always liked the blazers. besides living there for 6 months in 95 (and finding great records) there was a blazers/spurs playoff series in the rod strick days that was unforgettable top notch nba excitement

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    rod strick

top 5 fav PGs ever

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Watching clips like this, you really do appreciate what these now old headz have brought to the new generation NBA....

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    batmon said:
    tripledouble said:
    rod strick

top 5 fav PGs ever

:real_headz: And on the SG tip, I must prop this man, an oft-forgotten NBA talent:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

yuichi said:
    Watching clips like this, you really do appreciate what these now old headz have brought to the new generation NBA....

You still cheerleading K.O.B.E.?

Its 2012, let it go.

Even the Dork fans have simmered down by now.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

You still cheerleading K.O.B.E.?

Its 2012, let it go.

Even the Dork fans have simmered down by now.

What's wrong with cheer-leading one of the best to ever play who's getting towards the tail end of his career?
    There's so much to appreciate when it comes down to it. People did the same when Jordan was still killing dudes for his
    fifth and sixth rings.

Pierce and Wade too. Pierce will be a hall-of-famer too.

I was just pointing to the fact that the younger generation are coming into the league, and they weren't watching Jordan, but they were watching Kobe and AI and these dudes....

Its 2012, let it go.

He's still a great player. Deal with it. And go have a wet dream about Reggie Miller or whatever.

yuichi said:
    Its 2012, let it go.
    Reggie Miller or whatever.

Hall Of Fame

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Its 2012, let it go.

Hall Of Fame

You need to check yourself.

That's the reason why I posted what I posted in the first place. Just talking about how new players and old broadcasters are showing love to dudes like Kobe and Pierce and Wade (as much as I hate him). And I don't even remember the last time I was gushing about Kobe. Again, check yourself.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Its 2012, let it go.

Hall Of Fame

You need to check yourself.

That's the reason why I posted what I posted in the first place. Just talking about how new players and old broadcasters are showing love to dudes like Kobe and Pierce and Wade (as much as I hate him). And I don't even remember the last time I was gushing about Kobe. Again, check yourself.

I know I guess I'm a kobe nut-hugger, but this shit is funny......Kobe's condescending tone actually works perfect for once! Watch 'em in succession.
    http://solecollector.com/news/poll-favorite-level-of-the-kobesystem-1/

March 12th was the last Official Kobe Nut-Hug.

WE TALKING ABOUT THAT CLIP??!!! NOT AN ACTUAL POST, NOT AN ACTUAL POST WHERE I DIE FOR.

WE TALKING ABOUT THAT CLIP...

The kid is a beast indeed but the praise might be a bit too much. It's really these guys' fault that brainwashes the dumb public about who will become the next dominant big man. And then you have everyone getting on them once they don't pan out as a title holder/hall-of-famer.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-120403/nba-draft-anthony-davis-better-blake-griffin

I will say this though. The kid needs a beautician or whatever the hell to clean up that unibrow!!

Man, Terrence Jones is a beast too....dude is built like a Chris Bosh on steroids. Tyshawn Taylor is dope. Don't think Sullinger's body with his short leg will hold up in a 82 game season. Dude is pretty slow too.

BYNUM BEASTING.

KOBE STILL DOES NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT A BAD SHOT IS. STILL MAKES 'EM.

SESSIONS IS GOOD CUZ HE IGNORE KOBE WHEN HE'S ASKING FOR THE ROCK.

PAU JUST GOT SCARRED FOR LIFE WITH THAT BLAKE DUNK

LAL OVER LAC.

Good game.

What's more agonizing than a Vinny del Negro huddle? His post-game press conference.

Fuck Dwight Howard.

I used to be fan cause he was carrying on the traditional back to the basket Center who plays defense type shit.
    I held back on the hatt to see how this shit woulda played out. All parties involved are guilty. Otis Smith too.

He's a prima-donna who doesnt have the natural offense that a Shaq, Kareem, Hakeeem, Ewing or even Rik Smits had. Dude has no fuckin social skills and that Superman shit is the worst sense of Biting ever. U cant jack someones fuckin nickname.

He thinks he's a number one option and he's not and never will be at this point. He a role player that can rebound and max out at 20 points here and there. When they went deep in '09 it was Turkolu that was the offensive engine.

Van Gundy needed to go a long time ago. And the rest of that bench has worn their welcome out.
    Fuck Jameer Nelson. Reddick needs to jump ship while his value is still good. Richardson needs to go back to the West coast.

Blow that shit up and start all over again.

Coffee Rant Over

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    batmon said:
    Fuck Dwight Howard.

I used to be fan cause he was carrying on the traditional back to the basket Center who plays defense type shit.
    I held back on the hatt to see how this shit woulda played out. All parties involved are guilty. Otis Smith too.

He's a prima-donna who doesnt have the natural offense that a Shaq, Kareem, Hakeeem, Ewing or even Rik Smits had. Dude has no fuckin social skills and that Superman shit is the worst sense of Biting ever. U cant jack someones fuckin nickname.

He thinks he's a number one option and he's not and never will be at this point. He a role player that can rebound and max out at 20 points here and there. When they went deep in '09 it was Turkolu that was the offensive engine.

Van Gundy needed to go a long time ago. And the rest of that bench has worn their welcome out.
    Fuck Jameer Nelson. Reddick needs to jump ship while his value is still good. Richardson needs to go back to the West coast.

Coffee Rant Over

I'm on board with all of this. Dwight's self-ethering has really been something to behold. Dude starting believing his own hype--never a good sign.

batmon said:
    Dwight's self-ethering.

Pretty apathetic to this Dwight story. Times were good. Now times are bad. I don't really blame nobody.

Dwight's shooting touch will never get better. Whatever.

Bynum is probably the better back-to-the-basket center at this point. Less flash, but dude gets the job done.

yuichi said:
    Pretty apathetic to this Dwight story. Times were good. Now times are bad. I don't really blame nobody.

Bynum is probably the better back-to-the-basket center at this point. Less flash, but dude gets the job done.

Yeah, Bynum is rounding out. but he's a head case too.

Bynum also has the luxury of playing w/ Kobe and Gasol. Put Bynum on Orlando and see what happens.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    batmon said:
    Fuck Dwight Howard.

Coffee Rant Over

Otis Smith is as much of an idiot GM as Billy King was at Philly :hated_it: . How in the hell did Smith think that line-up of perimenter-playing, three-point chucking stiffs, with a big man with no post moves or touch would ever win a title? I knew that shit would fail from day one, as NO team has ever won a ring from the perimeter (shit, ask Reggie Miller about that). Dwight Howard is an idiot and Van Gundy showed his lack of character and balls for letting this situation devolve to the level that it has. If Howard doesn't watch it, he'll be the next Stephon Marbury; but wait, I think Carmelo Anthony is traveling down that road more quickly than Howard. Howard, 'Melo, AI, and 'The Player' (as a special guest and group captain) should have a 'Cancer on the Team' lunch together.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:
    batmon said:
    Fuck Dwight Howard.

Coffee Rant Over

Otis Smith is as much of an idiot GM as Billy King was at Philly :hated_it: . How in the hell did Smith think that line-up of perimenter-playing, three-point chucking stiffs, with a big man with no post moves or touch would ever win a title? I knew that shit would fail from day one, as NO team has ever won a ring from the perimeter (shit, ask Reggie Miller about that). Dwight Howard is an idiot and Van Gundy showed his lack of character and balls for letting this situation devolve to the level that it has. If Howard doesn't watch it, he'll be the next Stephon Marbury; but wait, I think Carmelo Anthony is traveling down that road more quickly than Howard. Howard, 'Melo, AI, and 'The Player' (as a special guest and group captain) should have a 'Cancer on the Team' lunch together.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Reggie at least got to the Finals w/ the Davis tandem, Derrick McKey,Chris Mullin, and Rick Smits in the interior.
    They werent a three point gimmick team at all. Jalen Rose was the leading scorer on that team when they went.
    The Pacers were much more balanced than this Orlando team whose perimeter player are simply catch and shoot.
    Donnie Walsh is light years ahead of Orlandos management.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Yeah, Bynum is rounding out. but he's a head case too.

Bynum also has the luxury of playing w/ Kobe and Gasol. Put Bynum on Orlando and see what happens.

Bynum is just gaining that "swag" aka "I'm the best at my position" syndrome. Don't mind it at all, long as he stays healthy and keeps winning us ball games. He does like you said have the advantage of playing with Gasol and Kobe. He got better moves than Howard in the post though.

You guys shouldn't forget that one year where Jameer Nelson was ballin' out of his mind and they were a serious contender. Nelson got hurt. Rafer stepped in and balled out of his mind. Then Nelson came back fucked up the flow in the playoffs and the team just lost its steam next season. They were good for a second....like real good. The window just closed on 'em real quick is all.

yuichi said:
    You guys shouldn't forget that one year where Jameer Nelson was ballin' out of his mind and they were a serious contender. Nelson got hurt. Rafer stepped in and balled out of his mind. Then Nelson came back fucked up the flow in the playoffs and the team just lost its steam next season. They were good for a second....like real good. The window just closed on 'em real quick is all.

that was in the regular season. that dude would have been figured out in the playoffs.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

that was in the regular season. that dude would have been figured out in the playoffs.

Why would he be "figured out" in the playoffs if he wasn't figured out in the regular season? Dude didn't really have a weakness during that season....he was shooting with consistency and was one of the best to finish at the cup. That's really all you could ask for in a player...

Donnie Walsh is light years ahead of Orlandos management.

You're smoking crack.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Why would he be "figured out" in the playoffs if he wasn't figured out in the regular season? Dude didn't really have a weakness during that season....he was shooting with consistency and was one of the best to finish at the cup. That's really all you could ask for in a player...

ignore

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Because it's the same two teams playing in a 7 game series, not a different team every game like in the regular season.

motown67 said:
    Because it's the same two teams playing in a 7 game series, not a different team every game like in the regular season.

Thank you...this is NBA 101 shit. U can make adjustments and only the elite cant be stopped.

But im sure Yuichi will argue that Nelson is elite.