NBA '11-12 666

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited December 2011 in Strut Central
If the Knicks get Tyson Chandler that front court is gonna be crazy.

Now they need a bench.

Dallas is done. Barea,Chandler, and Butler are ghost.

Friday is gonna be crazy. Cant wait.

My boy Mike Dunleavy is going to The Bucks and is gonna rock his fathers jersey.
I really wanted him to stay in Indiana, but Paul George is the future.

New Orleans is done.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    cp3 and kobe?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    battier to miami
    solid move

as much as i hated him at duke the guy is the definition of intelligent basketball,unselfish team player, defensive stopper, hardworker and clutch perimeter shooter...all things miami desperately needed
    if they get chalmers to stay they might be better than last season

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Fuck Mike Dunleavy. That's all I have to say. I hate that guy.

And agree with the earlier comment. Without Chandler Dallas' defense just comes undone. Still a playoff team, but not repeating unless they make a big move. Losing Butler is not a big loss for them however, since he was out last year anyway.

motown67 said:
    Fuck Mike Dunleavy. That's all I have to say. I hate that guy.

Why?

He never lived up to the white boy hype to begin with.
    Indianas offense ran smoother when he was on the court with them.
    Plus dude had the most reliable jumper on the team.
    He wont do shit in Milwaukee, but im going really miss his intangibles. Too slow.

#3 pick of the draft for the Warriors. Never panned out here. Never had the consistent shot that he was supposed to. Liked to whine a lot as well. Hated him. Still hate him.

pcmr said:
    battier to miami
    solid move

as much as i hated him at duke the guy is the definition of intelligent basketball,unselfish team player, defensive stopper, hardworker and clutch perimeter shooter...all things miami desperately needed
    if they get chalmers to stay they might be better than last season

battier is a great locker room move for those country niggas. They need a steady bougie head in that group.
    I just dont know i they will listen to dude like they might-could with a Grant Hill in the locker room.
    Bunch of diva ass bitches over there.
    LeBron plays so many minutes over there i dont see how Battier fits in their rotation.
    I have yet to see any footage of LeBrochitis working on his post game to move to the four position to accomidate new players.

Im not sure Chalmers is the answer at Point guard there. I think a real veteran general could mesh the three talents.
    And he would need to hit the open jumper since Wade and Jamey handle the ball so much.

The shortened season can open up the door much wider for mediocre teams.

Im really curious to see who Chicago gets at the two spot to alleviate Rose from dominating the ball and making the offense too predictable.

Houston is done.

Memphis.......Rudy Gay is back......

Im watching Mark Jackson hard in GS.

The double small backcourt has to go.

Trade Monta

They could very well trade Monta, but it's not going to happen at the beginning of the season. Golden State is still searching for pieces of the puzzle and a direction. I have no idea how Jackson will work out as coach.

motown67 said:
    They could very well trade Monta, but it's not going to happen at the beginning of the season. Golden State is still searching for pieces of the puzzle and a direction. I have no idea how Jackson will work out as coach.

i predict Jackson will be an excellent coach on the level of a Byron Scott but without the Pat Riley intensity.

Curry is going to need a pg mentor for that team to flourish. Hes a born shooter like his dad, but doesnt have the go for self nonsense in the mode of the last generation pg like iverson, arenas, and that dude thats in Cleveland now who was with the Clippers. But hes not a born PG.
    Jackson can mold him. Mark is on that pure shit. Curry will learn so fuckin much with him in the video tape room.

GS needs a Center to let Lee be a productive PF. He shouldnt be asked to grab rebounds and score.

My dude is Dorell Wright.

No bench.

The Warriors are trying to make big moves, but things are not working out. Reportedly they offered Chandler a big contract, but the NY Knicks outbid them, and Chandler reportedly wanted to go there anyway. They also were making offers to C. Paul, and the Hornets were open to it, but Paul refused to give a wink and a nod that he would agree to a contract extension with the Warriors, so he would only be with the team for a year and then walk. Warriors obviously backed out of that.

batmon said:
    cp3 and kobe?

deaded

motown67 said:
    The Warriors are trying to make big moves, but things are not working out. Reportedly they offered Chandler a big contract, but the NY Knicks outbid them, and Chandler reportedly wanted to go there anyway. They also were making offers to C. Paul, and the Hornets were open to it, but Paul refused to give a wink and a nod that he would agree to a contract extension with the Warriors, so he would only be with the team for a year and then walk. Warriors obviously backed out of that.

i dont see any big free agent signing with them at this point. They are still in transition. Trade monta for some talent and take it from there.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I have mixed feelings about the nixed CP3-to-L.A. deal. Were the Lakers giving up Gasol and that's pretty much it? Seems a relatively small price to pay for one of the game's top PGs and the sticking point for Stern stepping in. It's funny, as the lockout was lifted, I found myself getting so excited for the flurry of moves but then all the hullabaloo about CP3 and Howard, more or less, dictating where they wanted to go -- and it certainly ain't central Indiana or eastern Minnesota -- made me remember all the nastiness of where the NBA seemed to be heading before it got blown up. And I say this as a fan of a big-market destination of Chicago.

Daniel Gilbert actually had a nice zinger in a leaked letter to the other owners, not sure of the typeface: "When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?"

As far as the Bulls go, they appear to be waiting in the tall grass to an extent. Seeing if J-Rich will take the ML exception? Sign-and-trade Crawford and send Brewer to ATL? A similar scenario for Affalo? Stand pat and exercise their option with Bogans? Wait to see on any amnesty cuts? All appear to be a possibility, with the Bulls not having a ton of cap room or flexibility, but I still feel pretty good about the team, although, yes, the ceiling for the squad seems about to be the same as it was last year: Conference Finals.

• As probably this sites lone hornets fan can I gotta say this sucks.
    With odom and martin and a healthy okafur we had a chance of coming
    out ok after the trade. Now we get a pissedoff cp3 ahalf season, and
    he leaves next year and we get zip.
    Great.

Knicks backcourt is trash

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    white_tea said:
    Were the Lakers giving up Gasol and that's pretty much it?

Gasol and Odom. Whether that's better or worse for them than just giving up Gasol is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    white_tea said:
    Were the Lakers giving up Gasol and that's pretty much it?

Gasol and Odom. Whether that's better or worse for them than just giving up Gasol is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

True. I guess I'm still bitter they got Pau in the first place.

I don't think CP3 will start the season with the Hornets. They want to move him before the beginning of the season, and have basically said so publicly when they made statements about not wanting to repeat the Carmelo soap opera that Denver went through last year.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Sounds like the Warriors are still actively pursuing Paul, which is just stupid given that they would likely have to give up Curry and the fact that it's highly unlikely that he'd stay past this season.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i hope stern gets run over by a bus.
    i dislike the lakers as much as the next guy, but stern is screwing up five teams with this trade veto (including the knicks)

they had a chance to work all this BS out in collective bargaining. it's obvious that fixing what's wrong with the L was not the priority. It was a cash grab- plain and simple.

danny granger is awesome: http://deadspin.com/5866628/after-last-nights-botched-trade-danny-granger-says-hes-changing-his-name-to-sterns-bi?tag=basketball-reasons

simmons sums it up nicely: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7334835/the-sixth-day-nba-christmas

and the warriors are hopeless. all talk and no action. new owners aren't getting anything done. They wont make the ballsy moves necessary to free up cap space (amnesty biedrins or lee), eat the cash (what owners do when they want to win and have a bad contract or two blocking them from doing so), and go after talent (trade one of your PG's, get a center like chandler or nene, etc).
    the culture of the team has been toxic for so long that players openly say that they do not want to come to oakland. until that changes, i don't see how a team can do anything but squander drafted talent until they burn them out (monta) or until they get so frustrated that they beg their way out (curry in two years).

dorrell wright is cool though. glad to see him philanthropically active in oakland lately-- classy moves.

mark jackson will be terrible. great playing background, agreed, but that does not necessarily translate into good coaching. you can't coach with rhetoric, you need strategy. he's not an effective communicator-- if he was, he would have been a good commentator/analyst. he was all catch-phrases and bullshit.

that said, i got some tix to see the NYK stomp on the W's on the 28th. Chandler/Melo/Amare. maybe a moody billups coming off the bench hoisting up air ball threes like he gets points for trying (he'll probably whine his way to miami by that point). that will be a fun game.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

Last I heard the Warriors have cooled on any deal to get Paul because he will not agree to an extension after his contract is over this year.

Other news, Greg Fucking Oden is the next Sam Bowie. He's probably out again this season.

JimBeam said:
    i hope stern gets run over by a bus.
    i dislike the lakers as much as the next guy, but stern is screwing up five teams with this trade veto (including the knicks)

they had a chance to work all this BS out in collective bargaining. it's obvious that fixing what's wrong with the L was not the priority. It was a cash grab- plain and simple.

danny granger is awesome: http://deadspin.com/5866628/after-last-nights-botched-trade-danny-granger-says-hes-changing-his-name-to-sterns-bi?tag=basketball-reasons

simmons sums it up nicely: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7334835/the-sixth-day-nba-christmas

and the warriors are hopeless. all talk and no action. new owners aren't getting anything done. They wont make the ballsy moves necessary to free up cap space (amnesty biedrins or lee), eat the cash (what owners do when they want to win and have a bad contract or two blocking them from doing so), and go after talent (trade one of your PG's, get a center like chandler or nene, etc).
    the culture of the team has been toxic for so long that players openly say that they do not want to come to oakland. until that changes, i don't see how a team can do anything but squander drafted talent until they burn them out (monta) or until they get so frustrated that they beg their way out (curry in two years).

dorrell wright is cool though. glad to see him philanthropically active in oakland lately-- classy moves.

mark jackson will be terrible. great playing background, agreed, but that does not necessarily translate into good coaching. you can't coach with rhetoric, you need strategy. he's not an effective communicator-- if he was, he would have been a good commentator/analyst. he was all catch-phrases and bullshit.

that said, i got some tix to see the NYK stomp on the W's on the 28th. Chandler/Melo/Amare. maybe a moody billups coming off the bench hoisting up air ball threes like he gets points for trying (he'll probably whine his way to miami by that point). that will be a fun game.

How does a PG for a Finals team not have good communication skills? Because u cant feel his tv commentator style doesnt mean he cant reach dudes in the locker room.
    U dont get into the top 5 of all time assists not being able to read the court and your teammates.
    You actually think he will talk the same way for as tv analysit as he would in the locker room?

I smell racism.

He got hired because he says "Mama there goes that maaan!"?

he got hired with absolutely no coaching experience.

i said: he was good on the court. Great career.
    Doesn't mean he will be a good coach.

The dudes he will be coaching know him from the tail end of his career (2000 onward when his minutes started diminishing, if that) and his work as an analyst. I think he has a pretty big hill to climb before they even start to take him seriously as a coach-- all these young guys know are his catch phrases. plus he's already set the bar way too high by saying that the warriors will play a modicum of defense this year. like david lee isn't the starting PF or some shit.

I was really unhappy with this hire. And I think the guy's an annoying twat. So there's that, too.
    i don't see how any of that is racist though.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    JimBeam said:

I can think of some guys with coaching experience that I wouldn't hire to coach my kids Pee Wee team.

In 2011 an NBA coach has a lot more priorities than x's & o's.

Like being able to deal with mega-ego personalities and motivate petulant millionaires.

Jackson knows the game....can relate to todays players.....and played for one of the greatest coaches to ever live.

I'm not saying the dude is going to be a great, or even good coach....but to write him off for the reasons you have is foolish imo.

And I'll admit that since I'm writing this from NY I may be suffering from some old school St. Johns bias.

motown67 said:

Other news, Greg Fucking Oden is the next Sam Bowie. He's probably out again this season.

Brandon Roy is retiring at age 27 b/c of his problematic knees.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Brandon-Roy-is-set-to-retire-way-earlier-than-h;_ylt=ApNvSvtkmdVGYaMiZiz1ZH28vLYF?urn=nba-wp11588

that's just tragic. when he was on, he was a great scorer.

aldridge is out for a bit after a heart procedure.

portland is screwed. they've got a lot of personnel decisions to make in a very short period of time. hopefully they get some positive progress-- their rabid fanbase deserves something to be excited about.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I was shocked and sad when I heard Brandon Roy was retiring. That boy was something special. Reminds me of how Penny Hardaway's career went.

Excited to see how the Lakers' D will look with Mike Brown at the helm.

If the Nets get Howard, they'd be one solid shooting guard away from being an Eastern Conference favorite. Kobe/Dwight would be nice as well...

JimBeam said:

i said: he was good on the court. Great career.
    Doesn't mean he will be a good coach.

The dudes he will be coaching know him from the tail end of his career (2000 onward when his minutes started diminishing, if that) and his work as an analyst. I think he has a pretty big hill to climb before they even start to take him seriously as a coach-- all these young guys know are his catch phrases. plus he's already set the bar way too high by saying that the warriors will play a modicum of defense this year. like david lee isn't the starting PF or some shit.

I was really unhappy with this hire. And I think the guy's an annoying twat. So there's that, too.
    i don't see how any of that is racist though.

In 1997, Bird accepted the position of coach of the Indiana Pacers and said he would be on the job for no more than three years. Despite having no previous coaching experience, Bird led the Pacers to a 58???24 record???the franchise's best as an NBA team at the time???in the 1997???98 season, and pushed the Bulls to seven games in the Eastern Conference finals. He was named the NBA Coach of the Year for his efforts, becoming the only person in NBA history to have won both the MVP and Coach of the Year awards. He then led the Pacers to two consecutive Central Division titles in 1999 and 2000, and a berth in the NBA finals in 2000.

This shit is getting depressing. The season hasn't even started and I'm already upset. It doesn't look like the Warriors will be able to do jack in terms of adding players before the season starts. The only thing they're going to do is make an offer to DeAndre Jordan of the Clippers, which will likely match the offer. They were reported palyers in a NY-Atlanta deal involving Jamal Crawford, but then there were reports that GS wasn't. I don't know what pieces the Warriors could hope to get from those two teams anyway that would be worthwhile. I actually think that the Warriors might play a little better this year, but you don't want to be in their position. They're a middling team that probably won't make the playoffs, but won't be bad enough to get a high draft pick. That's a formula for mediocrity.