NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Getting in the way of somebody like that, yep...that could be called playing defense.

It's part of the game, while throwing such a definitive elbow like that is not.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Check the above clip, and the discerning eye can catch what was really going on.

Yes, the discerning eye sees Ron Artest pulling some ho shit. As he so often does. Your eye sees something else entirely, perhaps due to cataracts or something.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    I dont think thats even a legal shot in UFC fighting.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Metta was out of control and i can even accept it was a dirty move. I dont believe it was his intent to elbow dude in the head. Ive seen far worse this season. 5 game suspension seems about right.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    edpowers said:
    I dont believe it was his intent to elbow dude in the head.

smh

Rockadelic said:
    edpowers said:

smh

Again. The elbow was intentional. It deserves suspension. Im just not convinced he was trying to crack dude in the head. Im not even convinced he knew who he was elbowing. More reckless than rage

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    edpowers said:
    Rockadelic said:
    edpowers said:

smh

Again. The elbow was intentional. It deserves suspension. Im just not convinced he was trying to crack dude in the head. Im not even convinced he knew who he was elbowing. More reckless than rage

He threw a high elbow at someone he knew was there. Shit could have caused serious head trauma. Case closed.

This guy should be suspended for the rest of the season at least.

edpowers said:
    More reckless than rage

Also about to be known as the George Zimmerman Defense.

Indi_Lbl_HE@T said:
    edpowers said:
    Rockadelic said:
    edpowers said:

smh

He threw a high elbow at someone he knew was there. Shit could have caused serious head trauma. Case closed.

What about Kevin Love vs Scola?

Aaron Smith vs Griffin ?

Griffin vs Ariza ?

There is no doubt Metta should be suspended but anything more than 5 Games would be excessive considering the punishments in the incidents above.....all from this season....some worse than a elbow to the neck

Rockadelic said:
    edpowers said:
    More reckless than rage

Not funny. Not relevant. Not appropriate

edpowers said:
    Indi_Lbl_HE@T said:
    edpowers said:
    Rockadelic said:
    edpowers said:

smh

Aaron Smith vs Griffin ?

Griffin vs Ariza ?

There is no doubt Metta should be suspended but anything more than 5 Games would be excessive considering the punishments in the incidents above.....all from this season....some worse than a elbow to the neck

Throw in Lebron vs Lucas also

edpowers said:
    Indi_Lbl_HE@T said:
    edpowers said:
    Rockadelic said:
    edpowers said:

smh

Aaron Smith vs Griffin ?

Griffin vs Ariza ?

edpowers said:
    Indi_Lbl_HE@T said:
    edpowers said:
    Rockadelic said:
    edpowers said:

smh

Aaron Smith vs Griffin ?

Griffin vs Ariza ?

edpowers said:
    Rockadelic said:
    edpowers said:
    More reckless than rage

Not funny. Not relevant. Not appropriate

It's the truth.....that pretty much in a nutshell is what his defense will be.....that he didn't really intend to kill anyone and that it wasn't rage, it was just reckless behavior that got out of hand.....it's a bad excuse in either case.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Keep that politcs shit over at the other end of the bar pleez.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    batmon said:
    +1

batmon said:

No problem...now buy me a shot.

b/w

Making up excuses for Artest, who was once one of my favorite players(St. Johns Related), is some weak sauce denial of the highest order.

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

b/w

Making up excuses for Artest, who was once one of my favorite players(St. Johns Related), is some weak sauce denial of the highest order.

No doubt. Its very bad look.

Tequilla or Whiskey or ???

batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

b/w

Yes...Agave Plant Extract please

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

b/w

"Bartender get him what he wants"

How deep is San Antonio going this Playoff?

batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

b/w

"Bartender get him what he wants"

"K.O.-Old"

[Bartender get him what he wants

Was having this discussion with a co-worker from SA this morning. He seems to think they have a shot and I think that like the Mav's, they'll be lucky to get past the 2nd round. Timmy is a shell of TD 5 years ago.....their guards are solid and having Stephen Jackson will help against some teams and be a negative against others. DeJuan Blair is under-rated and they have some role players that fit. But I don't see them beating L.A. OKC, and I think even Memphis gives them trouble. They can beat Utah and Denver handily so it will come down to their draw.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    yuichi said:
    Watch at 54 seconds. Clearly Harden steps to his left and tries to stop World Peace's forward progression......He got what he deserved for that.

Worst example of making excuses for the team you root for ever in the history of sports.....complete bullshit.

Bynum shoving Barea in mid-air was wrong. This however is deserved. Again, watch the camera angle from 54 seconds where Harden INTENTIONALLY gets in the way of Metta. It's like when dudes get dunked on and the defender shoves 'em out the way from underneath. Only this is Ron, and he just dunked on half the squad. Course he's gonna be amped. Harden didn't let him celebrate is the problem.

Harden is like #2 most unlikeable mug in the league. First being Wade. They both got that deadpan look on their face that deserves a slap or elbow or kick to the face once in a while.

LESSON SHOULD BE LEARNED: Get out the way when a lesser caliber player is trying to bask in his 10 seconds of glory.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Memphis

They're capable of ruining many team's chances of a Finals appearance. Really feisty team.

batmon said:
    Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Did u even look at that clip?

Y*ki, please stop. Your fandom has swallowed your brain or something.
    Take it in a different direction. I'm a fan of the Jets right? That doesn't disallow me from negatively critiquing Jet players/taking a step back and being like yeah, this or that is garbage (Santana Moss at the end of last season for instance). Your Artest apologist stance is embarrassing and disgraceful.

[Bartender get him what he wants

Was having this discussion with a co-worker from SA this morning. He seems to think they have a shot and I think that like the Mav's, they'll be lucky to get past the 2nd round. Timmy is a shell of TD 5 years ago.....their guards are solid and having Stephen Jackson will help against some teams and be a negative against others. DeJuan Blair is under-rated and they have some role players that fit. But I don't see them beating L.A. OKC, and I think even Memphis gives them trouble. They can beat Utah and Denver handily so it will come down to their draw.

I dont think SA will make the same mistakes as last year. Memphis was a horrible matchup for them last year.
    Pop isnt gonna let that happen. I can see them in the WC Finals.

I cant predict what the Lakers will do.

I though last year was going to be the changing of the guard and both LA and SA look like they still have shit left in the tank.

The_Non said:
    Take it in a different direction. I'm a fan of the Jets right? That doesn't disallow me from negatively critiquing Jet players/taking a step back and being like yeah, this or that is garbage (Santana Moss at the end of last season for instance). Your Artest apologist stance is embarrassing and disgraceful.

The elbow was excessive, but in the heat of the moment I could totally see how someone stepping up to you with a forearm could annoy the hell out of you. What do most people do with a gnat flying around their face? Same logic.

yuichi said:
    The_Non said:

The elbow was excessive, but in the heat of the moment I could totally see how someone stepping up to you with a forearm could annoy the hell out of you. What do most people do with a gnat flying around their face? Same logic.

Its not like he and Harden had any beef during the game. And i dont even think he knew Harden was there but that shouldnt matter who it is.

Swinging an elbow after the play on the head level to someone just waiting to get the inbound without the intention to impede your return down court is not basketball.

Now on the other level for me. The Lakers kinda need an enforcer. Peace hasnt played that part in a long minute. U need an asshole.
    Rodman, Jackson, Bowen, Mason, etc send a message to your opponent. And id have no problem with the Thunder retaliating without losing many games. You can give a hard ass foul without giving someone a concussion.