NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    edpowers said:
    I've watched every second of every Lakers game this season.....they suck

The Lakers lost to Utah,Sac,Minn and had a last minute miracle to beat Toronto.....they havnt played Wash and NJ yet

Of course Lin has proven he is a good player ....I'm just not buying the extras yet........He's "The Weeknd" of basketball

Hey Ed,

ALways wondered. Do you sports bet?

Clippers are 18-9.

CP3 is really doing his thing. Propers!

• yeah clips played bad the entire game tonight (Portland played pretty bad too) but still were able to squeeze out a win on an away game. clips just need to be a little more consistent and can't lose to these crap teams I think it was Cleveland last week that they lost too.. come on now.

lakers are ok right now and i'm not worried about them a bit. they need to find the big men down low more consistently and let them play their game. it's such an advantage over every team to have two 7 footers down there maybe they think it's unfair so they don't utilize it? kobe will do his thing no doubt and if he's not worried i'm not worried and he don't look worried a damn bit. i have a feeling we may go out and try and get a decent pg before playoffs but even if we don't we always got a chance. please for goodness sake don't go out and get gilbert arenas though.

and please no lakers vs clippers 1st rnd of playoffs

• point might be the toughest position to quickly assimilate right before the playoffs

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im happy for the Clippers and anything can happen in a shortened season.
    I just dont see a newly assembled team leapfrogging to the Finals and winning.

• tripledouble said:

i almost wrote, "he doesnt seem to have too many chinks in his armor"...oops. smh
    the fortune cookie thing on the scoreboard and the "couple inches of fury" comment the other day have been disappointing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/whether-intentional-not-espn-since-deleted-headline-jeremy-192208429.html

daamn. i self edited when i typed it out unintentionally. you think theyre letting this shit slip through on purpose?

• doble

• edpowers said:
    I really want to believe in Lin....I'm just having a hard time getting past the fact every team he's played against sucks.

So now NY has beaten a really good team, but still, I'm not convinced. Lin has the ball in his hands almost every possession, and the entire offense is based off of the pick and roll where he can drive and dish, shoot the 3 (if both defenders back off the pick), or drive and shoot. This is not my analysis - Hubie Brown pointed this out. When you play over 40 minutes a game, and your in this situation, it's like a slashing point guard's wet dream.

You could argue that John Stockton had the benefit of the same offense, but he never averaged over 6 turnovers a game.

Where do people think that Lin ranks in the NBA as a pg right now?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Dirk needs to take that flopping and crying to the soccer field. Effing biznatch.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:

Not the greatest to ever do it by any means, but from what we've seen he's got great fundamentals and he's definitely helping raise the play of all the guys around him. And whatever it is, the knicks are playing exciting ball and the team is clicking.

I loved the steal and pass off to Landry for the dunk. It showed a great deal of maturity.

Funny to see Spike in a Harvard jersey ...

And yes, turnovers are a problem. And he knows it better than anyone. Hope it's something he ultimately improves upon. But doesn't everyone always have something that they could do much better on? As long as the team doesn't rely on him to carry things and everyone is putting in, I don't see it as a massive crutch.

I wonder if Kidd playing him was thinking back to being that age at all today.

keithvanhorn said:
    edpowers said:
    I really want to believe in Lin....I'm just having a hard time getting past the fact every team he's played against sucks.

So now NY has beaten a really good team, but still, I'm not convinced. Lin has the ball in his hands almost every possession, and the entire offense is based off of the pick and roll where he can drive and dish, shoot the 3 (if both defenders back off the pick), or drive and shoot. This is not my analysis - Hubie Brown pointed this out. When you play over 40 minutes a game, and your in this situation, it's like a slashing point guard's wet dream.

You could argue that John Stockton had the benefit of the same offense, but he never averaged over 6 turnovers a game.

Aside from all the unnecessary hoopla, dude got skills, and first and most importantly, HE'S WINNING THEM BALL GAMES.

He's certainly playing with an intensity, but to be able to sustain these kinds of efforts is tough for anyone, let alone a benchwarmer who was suddenly forced into the spotlight. That's my only worry about this whole sensationalist story.

As far as ranking him among point guards?? Calm yo ass down. 10 games in dawg. We could talk about it after a full season, maybe.

turnovers are a problem.

Rookies are prone to this, as are former benchwarmers, suddenly with starter minutes at the PG position. Nothing alarming. They'll decrease, along with his overall production once Melo returns. The kid's 'realness' will be tested then. I'd be happy as a Knicks fan, if the kid is getting 12 and 8 and still winning ball games.

• I wouldn't try and compare Lin with any of the leagues great PG's right now. It's been such a short while and that's why I'm not going to be praising him as a lot of people want to but as was said before the bottom LINe is that they're winning games. He's putting up great numbers and yes maybe it's because of the amount of minutes he's playing and the type of offense that the team plays but I highly doubt a lot of other point guards put into the same situation could do the same thing. You still gotta perform, you still gotta make the shots, etc. He's got good FG%. I'm telling you I'd rather have Jeremy Lin as a PG over half the other PG's in the league. Although that could just be me as a Laker fan yearning for a new PG, any PG would do at this point (Rondo?).

• yuichi said:
    keithvanhorn said:
    edpowers said:

Aside from all the unnecessary hoopla, dude got skills, and first and most importantly, HE'S WINNING THEM BALL GAMES.

He's certainly playing with an intensity, but to be able to sustain these kinds of efforts is tough for anyone, let alone a benchwarmer who was suddenly forced into the spotlight. That's my only worry about this whole sensationalist story.

As far as ranking him among point guards?? Calm yo ass down. 10 games in dawg. We could talk about it after a full season, maybe.

How badly did you want to write "lintensity"?

There's no doubt the dude is a solid player, but the dark side of his game is finally coming out - the egregious amount of turnovers. It will be interesting to see how he plays when C. Anthony comes back, since the way they've been scoring points seem to be very different from how they were scoring with Anthony in the game. It's gone from dish to Anthony in the paint to let Lin rule the court. It will take some great coaching to allow Anthony to get the points he wants and deserves while letting Lin do what he does best.

Classiest sign I've seen:

The Asian male now a sex symbol. That's what I'm talking about.

• hahaha that's a great sign. they need more classy signs like this throughout the league.

looks like the first game carmelos back though they lose...anyone pointing fingers yet? (besides the media)

I didn't see the game but a look at the recap makes me think it was just a great game for D-Will. At the same time come on now that's the Nets we're talking about...Jeremy put up great numbers still too... I think it was 21 pts 9 rebs 7 assists and 2 steals?

On the other side of the league though we see the Lakers completely dominate the Blazers. Didn't see that coming but sure was good to watch.

yuichi said:

I heard a couple of sistas say hes hot.

His turnover rate is going to be high in Dantonis system.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

I heard a couple of sistas say hes hot.

His turnover rate is going to be high in Dantonis system.

haha. Word.

Hedo Turkeyglue needs to retire.

Monta Ellis nees a restart somewhere else.
    New Orleans and Charlotte need to die.
    Nash needs to get off the loyalty nonsense.
    Howard needs to STFU.
    Miami needs a low post threat.
    Philly needs a closer.
    New York needs Amare to reemerge.
    Clippers need a another season.
    Boston is lying to itself.
    Bynum is not a second option.
    Portland needs to let Oden go.
    Paul George needs to be more aggresive.

batmon said:
    Monta Ellis nees a restart somewhere else.
    New Orleans and Charlotte need to die.
    Nash needs to get off the loyalty nonsense.
    Howard needs to STFU.
    Miami needs a low post threat.
    Philly needs a closer.
    New York needs Amare to reemerge.
    Clippers need a another season.
    Boston is lying to itself.
    Bynum is not a second option.
    Portland needs to let Oden go.
    Paul George needs to be more aggresive.

New York needs Melo to step off so Amare and Chandler pick and roll with Lin all day.

You also forgot,

D Wade has taken over the spot from Kobe as the "Most unlikeable player in the L".

• JR Smith needs to just play more. That dude is awesome. I know Linsanity has everyone going, but I'm much more excited about him playing again. Melo should go off so Lin/Melo/Chandler/Smith and Amare can make some magic happen.

Also Nash needs to leave Phoenix. That dude deserves a ring.

OptimusLime said:
    Also Nash needs to leave Phoenix. That dude deserves a ring.

No one deserves a ring.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Damn, I'm starting to let myself believe that the Knicks might be for real - not because of Linsanity, but because they all of the sudden look like the deepest team in the league.

I should know better...

Horseleech said:
    Damn, I'm starting to let myself believe that the Knicks might be for real - not because of Linsanity, but because they all of the sudden look like the deepest team in the league.

They can really do well. Im concerned of the turnovers, the defense and D'Antoni overall.

A comeback from behind against Cleveland isnt impressive.

Baron Davis might be the real X-Factor. If dude sharpens up, that second unit will be crazy.

Y'all really havent beaten anyone with significance besides the Mavs during Linsanity.

• ive been given courtside's for toronto's game v. the warriors on sunday. im debating on whether the cost of parking will make it worthwhile.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Mark it down, fellas... March 17, in Chicago, Nuevo York Knicks v. Los Bulls (seriously, it's "Latin Night"). Should be interesting! I still kinda think the Bulls and Knicks will battle for the right of facing the eventual victors El Heat, but I'm also optimistic of a different outcome.

Rip is finally back for the Bulls and is real rusty, but when everyone is healthy, the Bulls are as deep as anyone. Omer Asik having a little sophomore slump. Other than that, Chicago is fine.

white_tea said:
    Mark it down, fellas... March 17, in Chicago, Nuevo York Knicks v. Los Bulls (seriously, it's "Latin Night"). Should be interesting! I still kinda think the Bulls and Knicks will battle for the right of facing the eventual victors El Heat, but I'm also optimistic of a different outcome.

Rip is finally back for the Bulls and is real rusty, but when everyone is healthy, the Bulls are as deep as anyone. Omer Asik having a little sophomore slump. Other than that, Chicago is fine.

I wanna see yall in the Playoffs.