NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Chauncey Billups out for the Clips for the remainder of the season........Curse continues..........

• yuichi said:
    Chauncey Billups out for the Clips for the remainder of the season........Curse continues..........

such a shame. this might be a wrap for him. i feel for chauncey.

i also feel for amare, not easy to have to play with carmelo, but i dont see them being able to move either of them anytime soon

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I think a pass first PG can pick and roll/pop w/ Amare, and still get the ball to Melo.

Chandler has taken all the P&R opportunities eating into Amare touches.

• definitely in hindsight a sloppy slapping together of big name players. but no one ever said the knicks had a functional front office. they got first round picks next draft?

Dont know. They already got Shumpert. They usually dont grow rookies in NY.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    definitely in hindsight a sloppy slapping together of big name players. but no one ever said the knicks had a functional front office. they got first round picks next draft?

i think you're right. personally i would never want Melo on my team. a highly selfish and inefficient player who can take over games, but doesn't make anyone around him better. he's a marquee player, and everyone got caught up in the allure of pairing him with Amare without really thinking about how it would work.

• from what i just read, knicks 1st rounder will be going to houston (tracy mcgrady trade). so no help coming from the deep draft

• maru said:
    tripledouble said:
    definitely in hindsight a sloppy slapping together of big name players. but no one ever said the knicks had a functional front office. they got first round picks next draft?

i think you're right. personally i would never want Melo on my team. a highly selfish and inefficient player who can take over games, but doesn't make anyone around him better. he's a marquee player, and everyone got caught up in the allure of pairing him with Amare without really thinking about how it would work.

Totally agree with this. I hated the trade they did to get Melo, they were a better team before. If they had never done it and then got Chandler they would be a playoff caliber team right now.

• big game tonight for sixers...san antonio. and clippers friday.
    this ends the stretch of 7 games vs: orlando, chicago, miami, atlanta, lakers, spurs, clips.
    im very happy so far with the 4-1 record. we were right there with miami through three until they made us wear our ass for a hat in the fourth quarter

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    i predict no more 20 point games for the rest of the season.

Lin tonight:
    9-14 FG
    23 Pts
    10 Asists

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Lin's 20+ point games will end once Amare and Melo gets back into rotation. Without them, the Knicks absolutely need Lin to help contribute with buckets and given that he's currently shooting close to 60%, they're going to keep giving him the rock until there's a clear reason not to. I mean, I doubt dude's gonna pull a Westbrook and start trying to toss up 30 shots a game.

Friday vs. the Lakers = quite intriguing. Lin's done well in three games but none of those teams are particularly good (of course, neither are the Lakers this year) but Kobe has historically scorched MSG and while Lin can probably crossover on Fisher, I don't know how he'll content with the Lakers' D.

maru said:
    keithvanhorn said:

Lin tonight:
    9-14 FG
    23 Pts
    10 Asists

...and a nice little dunk:

Not sure wtf the Wizard's defense was up to there. But then again, it is the Wizards.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    nice. he's the same height as me and i can barely touch rim

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    mannybolone said:

Not sure wtf the Wizard's defense was up to there. But then again, it is the Wizards.

http://deadspin.com/5882974/this-is-why-javale-mcgee-is-the-best-thing-in-the-nba/

• maru said:
    keithvanhorn said:

Lin tonight:
    9-14 FG
    23 Pts
    10 Asists

i'm happy to be wrong, but is it really Lin or could anyone step into this injured Knick's roster (where there are no current scorers) and put up numbers?

Lin will be fine. Hell get his assist and at least get 10 to 13 going for self.

All he has to to do is feed the stars and they can dump Bibby and Douglas.

He is going to burn to Lakers backcourt!

Man, that must have been one of the most entertaining TNT episodes; talking about who's the greatest Laker of all time? Charles says "Kareem, Magic, Jerry West, then Kobe". Kenny says "Magic was the more dynamic player, but Kobe based on tenure".

Shaq "the most dominant? Wilt, then me"

lol

Good to see Shaq giving his propers to Kobe as "greatest Laker of all time", but really Shaq should be in the top 5 Laker of all time....I mean, they really don't make centers like him anymore....

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Lin is tearing it up right now.

• The Yellow Mamba? The Ghosts of the Garden have possessed this man. Maybe Carmelo should be "injured" at least until they secure a playoff spot.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Most enjoyable Knicks win in years. I am on the bandwagon. But man, I don't see how it's gonna work with Melo in the lineup. I have hated him on the Knicks from day one.

• Lin for 38....who the hell could have predicted that even yesterday
    go lin go

Would it be a reach to say the Knicks are a better team with Lin on the floor, rather than Melo????

Saw the dude in that infamous off-season John Wall matchup, but didn't really get any minutes or confidence, but boy has the dude taken advantage of an opportunity. Once Melo returns, the Knicks will once again return to mediocrity. THAT is the sad part of this whole story.

Menckenography said:
    yuichi said:
    Would it be a reach to say the Knicks are a better team with Lin on the floor, rather than Melo????

It would be stupid beyond stupid since they play different positions and the Knicks don't have to make that choice.

I don't think that's what Yuichi is saying. Melo's taking all kinds of flack this season for poor shooting and sharing. If part of Lin's effectiveness has come from both scoring and spreading the love, the concern is that with Melo returning, it's going to upset the balance in play that's happened with Lin leading the floor.

I think this concern is overstated. Knicks needed a good PG, now they seem to have one. I think Melo back in rotation wouldn't instantly turn the Knicks back into a middling team.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    The problem with Melo is that he is a player who wants the ball so he can isolate and create his own points, which takes the PG out of the game. Lin's success has been from driving and either kicking the ball out or taking it to the hoop, which will be even more effective when Amare comes back. They can run the pick and roll over and over and have Chandler, Fields, and Jeffries crashing the boards. But if Melo is demanding the ball for clear outs so he can get his all that flow will grind to a halt. If the Knicks had any balls they'd look to deal Melo for an elite version of Novak and let the team run D'Antoni's Suns offense.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The reason Lin was able to go off last night was the Lakers horrible defense. Again and again the guards or SF would give Lin the baseline but when Lin drove the big men didn't rotate over so Lin ended up getting right to the rim either for a layup, or got so deep that when someone did rotate over Lin kicked the ball out to an open shooter.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    New Jersey, Utah, Washington and The Lakers.........ehhhh

Starving Knicks fans are going to force the team to pay this kid way too much money

edpowers said:
    New Jersey, Utah, Washington and The Lakers.........ehhhh

Yup.

Im excited for this kid, but i think he done this against some weak backcourts. Derek Fisher???

I also think folks exaggerate Melo's ball stopping. Melo should be able to get his points within a well run offense.
    He was able to play open court ball sharing in Denver. It wasnt some halfcourt Iso-fest IIRC.
    D'Antoni's Offense caters to Lin's game. Lin can get the ball to Melo and Stat and still be a third option.

Lets see whats happens after cats watch some video tape and he faces teams that play real defense.

U know how Knicks fans are. They over hype everyone. Dude were talking about Landry Fields could be an All-Star last year.
    Dudes were salivating over Iman Shumpert. The media sells every accomplishment like Ringling Bros.

Lin
    Fields
    Melo
    Stat
    Chandler

The Knicks still have to play Defense after the honeymoon is over. D'antoni's style still isnt proven to win a chip.

• Get ready for an endless avalanche of "Lin" based puns.

Linsanity
    Lintense
    Lincredible

Ugh...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Get ready for an endless avalanche of "Lin" based puns.

Linsanity
    Lintense
    Lincredible

Ugh...

When you win four in a row, you're obviously doing something right. Lin has game.