NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im happy to see Green's knucklehead ass back in the L trying to redeem himself.

Trade Ellis
    Trade Beasley
    Trade Howard
    Trade Kaman
    Trade Crawford

LeMarcus Aldridge GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!
    Portland is a sinking ship.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    can anyone give me a score update for the Knicks-Sixers game?

tripledouble said:

Sixers > Knicks 106 to 94. 76 w

batmon said:
    tripledouble said:

much obliged. just wanted to hear it from a newyorker. knicks actually started rallying with melo and amare on the bench

tripledouble said:
    batmon said:
    tripledouble said:

much obliged. just wanted to hear it from a newyorker. knicks actually started rallying with melo and amare on the bench

That has been the trend recently. Baron Davis leads the second unit to a serious run.

Fuck the Knicks

• The Blazers Suck
    Ripped City

batmon said:
    tripledouble said:
    batmon said:
    tripledouble said:

That has been the trend recently. Baron Davis leads the second unit to a serious run.

Fuck the Knicks

for real though...this game was a nice showcase of buy-a-superstar team building vs. teamplay w/o a bonafide star approach. knicks looked real undisciplined out there, but its also influenced by the sixers D and newfound offensive chemistry (due to a big personnel reversal in committing to start Turner for the rest of the season and finally benching Meeks). i'm hoping our young big man Hawes will reintegrate after his extended achilles related vacation and make the team a possible playoff terror. not inconceivable to me to seriously challenge the bulls

i know there is not much interest in the sixers on this board, but the team is tinkering succesfully with things and may spring an interesting trade before the week is out. not boring to be a fan right now

Ive been keeping my eye on the Sixers,but I still dont think yall can go deep without a consistant Low Post threat.

Chris Kaman would look good for yall.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Trade Melo for some draft picks and role players.
    Linsanity is over.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    THEY LOST TO THE FUCKIN' BUCKS!
    THE BUCKS
    REALLY

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

uhh, no

yuichi said:

uhh, no

why not?

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Linsanity is over.

Ill give them some slack.

They finally get a decent point and a decent veteran back up.
    Melo and Amare need a full season to gel.
    Amare lost his swagger when his brother passed, but was the one who actually revitalized the team.
    Melos jury is still out if dude can adjust his solo tendencies and let others get involved.
    If i was a Knick fan I wouldnt throw in the towel just yet with this fake season.

In the end even if the offense starts clicking, I doubt Dantoni and the current roster have the ability to play serious defense to become a real threat.

batmon said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Linsanity is over.

Amare lost his swagger when his brother passed, but was the one who actually revitalized the team.
    Melos jury is still out if dude can adjust his solo tendencies and let others get involved.
    If i was a Knick fan I wouldnt throw in the towel just yet with this fake season.

In the end even if the offense starts clicking, I doubt Dantoni and the current roster have the ability to play serious defense to become a real threat.

I've wanted them to fire D'Antoni for the past 2 years. I hope they gel come playoffs, I don't wanna "look to next year" quite frankly.

The_Non said:
    batmon said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Linsanity is over.

I've wanted them to fire D'Antoni for the past 2 years. I hope they gel come playoffs, I don't wanna "look to next year" quite frankly.

With Melo playing half a year last year, and then a fake season now, do u really think you could frog leap Miami and Chicago?
    You didnt even make the Playoffs last year and you expect to be a contender that fast?

No. I just want them in the playoffs and at the very least being "competitive."

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

uhh, no

why not?

He's inconsistent.

Plus, really all Philly needs a go-to guy in the closing minutes (aka star player)

They're never gonna "gel". They basically play the same position.

It was inevitable with Melo back in the lineup. The Knicks were playing some beautiful, fluid offense with everyone involved when Melo was out, with Lin orchestrating everything. Now they're back to mediocre at best. In all fairness, they've finally played some tough competition,but this was expected by most everyone that knows something about basketball.

yuichi said:

They're never gonna "gel". They basically play the same position.ll.

explain this.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

uhh, no

why not?

He's inconsistent.

Plus, really all Philly needs a go-to guy in the closing minutes (aka star player)

A big man that can draw the defense doesnt have to be the closer or be the top scorer. What they have now doesnt cause double teams.

theres been some Kaman talk around town. but more than anything, theres still some hope for young Hawes, but he's gotta show he's not the return of Matt Geiger/Jeff Ruland aka injury prone big manila gorilla. like yooch said, a closer is still necessary although im not convinced that has to be some top tier star. theres one dimensional offensive gamers who know how to find good shots and want that role.

regarding knicks, this is a fake season. there is virtually no practice, players are just trying to not get hurt. chemistry and youth development are going to be a lot more stunted this go around. too much talent to blow shit up immediately in nyc, but the night and day of linsanity/melos return has got to be evidence of something.

im not very familiar with Kaman's game, but would he be able to fit into a running game? sixers arent too hot on half court sets...hance elton brand being lost in the sauce at times. javale mcgee would seem like a much nicer fit

Yall wont run that much in the playoffs

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Mavs and Cuban have written off the season and are resting on their championship laurels until next season when they can go after Dwight Howard and Deron Williams.

Lamar Odom is a cancer.......a life sucking parasitic locker room killer.

The Knicks need to send Carmelo packing

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Yeah, the Warriors beat Dallas over the weekend. I realize that the Mavs were at the end of a long roadtrip and Kidd was injured but they just looked lethargic, and generally like crap for most of the game. No defense at all.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    More importantly, when did the Trailblazers drop below .500?

JRoot said:
    More importantly, when did the Trailblazers drop below .500?

Since the team gave up on Nate McMillian.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

They're never gonna "gel". They basically play the same position.ll.

explain this.

I mean, they're both basically a power forward. Not fast enough to burn shooting guards off the dribble, and Melo doesn't really move off-the-ball to get open shots. If one is posting, the other is usually just standing around. There's just no way in hell the three bigs can gel. No way. Offense was just more fluid with Lin doing pick and rolls and dishing off to Fields, Stoudamire, and Chandler.

Isolating Melo is too damn predictable. At least, Amare and Chandler have the concept of a pick and roll down.

I think this came up last year, but does D Rose have too much to carry? Miami with the big three healthy obviously doesn't have this problem. Who would you take in a seven game series at this point??