NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    LINVINCIBLE

• DJ_Enki said:
    Horseleech said:
    Get ready for an endless avalanche of "Lin" based puns.

Linsanity
    Lintense
    Lincredible

Ugh...

I have to admit, I didn't think of that one.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    LINVINCIBLE

Today's LA Times "Lin-conceivable"

• incompletejigsaw said:
    The Yellow Mamba?

I saw that sign too. Are Asians cool with this?

:oh_my:

If so, I will get my sign ready for when the Sixers play the Knicks - "This Asian Man CAN Drive"

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Too late, there was a "Who says we can't drive!" sign there last night.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    It wasn't Fisher that guarded Lin all last night. The guards and SF all took turns. Kobe was on Lin a couple times along with Barnes. It was the team defense that was so bad that let Lin score so much.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    While I understand the need to not overplay this hype. It is pretty impressive the path this kid took to get where he is right now. You don't really hear too many stories like it. Hype a side. He does seem to have a pretty solid all around game and a good head on his shoulders.

Knicks are playing here in Toronto tonight. Hope he does well. Wish I wasn't working tonight. Would have liked to try and make the game.

• i'm courtside for the sixers-Mavs game this friday. cant wait, i wake up every morning pretty giddy like christmas is on the way

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    i'm courtside for the sixers-Mavs game this friday. cant wait, i wake up every morning pretty giddy like christmas is on the way

If you see this dude on the Dallas broadcast team say "Hey Jeff, what's up"......

OH SHIT

That was pretty damn nice...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Holy shit, that was something.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    im sold

HAHA at .31 seconds in.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i mean wtf? i'm beginning to think this is some huge NBA conspiracy to increase viewership.

• definitely epic. its accomplished the unbelievable feet of getting me to root for the knicks.

when does carmelo get back?
    will Melo have to compromise his game to the new offensive flow or does he come in and still get 30 shots a game?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    let's not forget that the Knicks were playing in Toronto for that game. when Lin hit that game winning shot you would of thought they were at home. i don't think the NBA, or any sport for that matter, has seen a story quite like this.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    definitely epic. its accomplished the unbelievable feet of getting me to root for the knicks.

when does carmelo get back?
    will Melo have to compromise his game to the new offensive flow or does he come in and still get 30 shots a game?

He's getting 30 shots a game whether that's the plan or not.

maru said:
    let's not forget that the Knicks were playing in Toronto for that game. when Lin hit that game winning shot you would of thought they were at home. i don't think the NBA, or any sport for that matter, has seen a story quite like this.

To be fair. I'm guessing a good portion of the people at that game were from the Chinese and Taiwanese community. Some friends of mine went down in a big group with their flags to cheer him on.

There are plenty of raptor fans tho that are pissed that people turned on the home town team so easily. Tho, I think they are wrong IMO...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    They are Raptors fans, after all.

But hey, MSG - not exactly the warmest environment for any LA team - started chanting "MVP" for Kobe after he dropped 61 on 'em.

Game recognize game.

Poor Raptors though - two games in a row, they made minor heroes out of their opponents by giving up leads.

And really, that whole sequence of Lin getting and holding the ball, plus the Horry-esque strut after? SWAGGER OUT THIS WORLD. For an AZN dude, I'm just not accustomed to seeing that. Crazy.

• DOR said:
    maru said:

To be fair. I'm guessing a good portion of the people at that game were from the Chinese and Taiwanese community. Some friends of mine went down in a big group with their flags to cheer him on.

There are plenty of raptor fans tho that are pissed that people turned on the home town team so easily. Tho, I think they are wrong IMO...

It was coincidentally Asian Heritage night at the game. :shit_yeah:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/14/sports/basketball/knicks-lin-to-play-in-toronto-on-asian-heritage-night.html

• mannybolone said:

And really, that whole sequence of Lin getting and holding the ball, plus the Horry-esque strut after? SWAGGER OUT THIS WORLD. For an AZN dude, I'm just not accustomed to seeing that. Crazy.

I really like the LIn story, but he is not a swagger type of guy. He needs a more white boy style celebration. Someone needs to send him game tape of Jimmy Chitwood.

mannybolone said:
    They are Raptors fans, after all.

But hey, MSG - not exactly the warmest environment for any LA team - started chanting "MVP" for Kobe after he dropped 61 on 'em.

Game recognize game.

Poor Raptors though - two games in a row, they made minor heroes out of their opponents by giving up leads.

O, you need to go to those Asian bball leagues and you'll see plenty of swagger. One of my kids this year is only 5'10" plays on the varsity team at school, and an Asian league, and can dunk. He's got plenty of swagger.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    And the best part of his game is not about scoring 28 either.....

Take a look at tonight's game, 13 dimes. 7 guys in double figures.....And when you
    get that many guys contributing, you get a W.....

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    didn't see the highlights from tonight but he's really gotta cut down on the turnovers.

And that many assist on half the playing time of the night before...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I really want to believe in Lin....I'm just having a hard time getting past the fact every team he's played against sucks.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    He put up 38 against the Lakers. They may be fading a little, but they certainly don't suck.

Plus, let's not forget that this is still professional sports. The worst team can take out the best team when you least expect it. Who they're playing doesn't change the fact that in the first seven NBA games of his career, he's averaged 23 points and 9 assists. That's impressive no matter which way you look at it. Jordan, Magic, Bird... none of them performed that well right out of the gate (nor has any player in the last 40 or so years). That doesn't mean he's going to have as great a career as they did, but it does mean we'd all be fools to underestimate him at this point.

• he can shoot from long range, isnt afraid of taking it to the cup, where he's been finishing well, he gets people the ball and gets them involved, has been icy down the stretch and has good attitude and fundamentals. those things are only going to be mirages if his confidence crumbles...but he's got the lord backing him up at the moment. seems like a pretty solid player.

i almost wrote, "he doesnt seem to have too many chinks in his armor"...oops. smh
    the fortune cookie thing on the scoreboard and the "couple inches of fury" comment the other day have been disappointing.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I've watched every second of every Lakers game this season.....they suck

The Lakers lost to Utah,Sac,Minn and had a last minute miracle to beat Toronto.....they havnt played Wash and NJ yet

Of course Lin has proven he is a good player ....I'm just not buying the extras yet........He's "The Weeknd" of basketball