I heard Osama is Dead!

Comments

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    And inevitably, out come all the conspiracy theories. Osama get in line behind elvis, tupac and the grassy knoll.

To all the doubters, I dont believe for a second this is a faked moonlanding. Funny how Obama was referencing conspiracy nutwigs in his mocking of trump just days ago, knowing full well what was about to go down. As if to say - there's the real world, and then there's nutjob - conspiracy theory - la la land.

Watching the operation go down as it happened.

Obama is fully entitled as president and commander of the armed forces to be talking in the first person. He gave the order, didnt he? Like the man said:

"Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan."

The reports claiming a female was used as a human shield seem to refer to Bin Laden - there are reports he asked for mercy and cowered behind one of his wives before he was expired.

The U.S. team was on site for less than 40 minutes, and bin Laden was killed resisting the assault, an official said. Three other men, one of whom may have been one of bin Laden???s sons, were killed in the raid along with a woman used as a human shield. Two women were injured. No other civilians or U.S. personnel were injured, said the officials, who spoke on condition they wouldn???t be identified.

More physical proof will probably surface in the coming days, weeks.
    Controlled release of the details is an obvious strategy the Obama administration should employ to its full advantage.

You dont raise your enemies status by proudly parading his body or evidence of his death around - thats what terrorists (or certain republicans) would do. The army has the evidence, trust.

Just off him, wrap him in cloth, and bury him on your own terms like any other dead combatant.

I dont think the Chinese or Russians or NATO doubt for one second that Osama was killed as described.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    LaserWolf said:
    I did find the politics of Obama's statement last night interesting. The most noticeable thing to me was the number of times he said "I", "we" and other first person pronouns. By the time he was done I could picture him there in Pakistan dropping from a helicopter.

Funny, I couldn't. But here's the great company you're keeping with your spiffy pronoun analysis:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2011/05/028948.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+powerlineblog/livefeed+(Power+Line)

"adjective bloated compote"....
    That hump needs to pull his thesaurus, and his head out of his ass.

• dopeshitdopeshit 134 Posts
    --

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    You must be reading a different thread. I have seen no celebrating.

^^^maybe youre right sorry misread it

• Options
    dopeshit said:
    everybody in this thread celebrating the death of a human being=not a good look +exactly what mass media wants you to

Not being able to write an actual sentence isn't a good look, either.

You can cry for him if you want. I've felt much worse watching a bug splat on my windshield.

The "mass media" bit is especially juvenile. It's the sort of shit Sarah Palin says.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    I have seen no celebrating.
    I'm celebrating.

--

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    How long for the Frontline episode?

---

• Options
    dopeshit said:
    so maybe i wasnt so wrong since you took that personal bob
    and i couldnt care less about osama himself or if sentence is correct

Are you some sort of random post generator?

• Options
    dopeshit said:
    man this post is so stupid.
    i dont feel bad for osama. i dont know if hes dead or not. but the consequences of this are going to be terrible
    but its really nice that you can write proper sentence that start with a big letter every time!!

If he's not dead he has an amazing ability to hold his breath.

Then again, maybe the three bullets in his head were radioactive and right now a 50-foot Osama is striding toward the Indian coastline. That could happen, right? You saw a movie like that once.

--

• Options
    dopeshit said:
    are you a lawyer?

Why? Do you want to sue me for emotional distress?

if you wanted to be funny maybe you should try again

• Options
    dopeshit said:
    if you wanted to be funny maybe you should try again

Thanks for sharing your expertise.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    best quote I've read on Fb:

???I???ve never wished a man dead. But, I have read some obituaries with great pleasure.??? ??? Mark Twain

I still think it woulda been better to have taken him alive.

And even if that wasn't possible, I'm still scratching my head over the whole "burial at sea" thing.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    dopeshit said:
    are you a lawyer?

Why? Do you want to sue me for emotional distress?

RLMAO

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    dopeshit said:
    everybody in this thread celebrating the death of a human being=not a good look +exactly what mass media wants you to

Many of us, particularly in the Northeast Corridor where the September 11th attacks occurred, knew someone who was killed, or have friends or acquaintances whose loved ones were killed. Many more worldwide were hurt deeply by Osama bin Laden's actions. He directly ordered those killings. He had ordered people killed before, and continued to do so afterward. He would continue to do so if left alive. Your statement that you do not particularly care one way or the other about Osama bin Laden is your own prerogative. But to cast moralizing generalities into a conversation whose subject is very dear to many of us is inappropriate. You can play stoner Ghandi if you want. But do it somewhere else.

---

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    dopeshit said:
    dont take it personal and i never even said anything about sept. 11

The only reason anyone is talking about OBL is because of 9/11.

DB_Cooper said:
    Your statement that you do not particularly care one way or the other about Osama bin Laden is your own prerogative. But to cast moralizing generalities into a conversation whose subject is very dear to many of us is inappropriate.

and you totally misread that statement it was a response to:

"You can cry for him if you want"

• Options
    rootlesscosmo said:

And even if that wasn't possible, I'm still scratching my head over the whole "burial at sea" thing.

The burial at sea was a brilliant idea considering what religious fanatics can do with a land-based gravesite. Here's one example:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3854982,00.html

BobDesperado said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

The burial at sea was a brilliant idea considering what religious fanatics can do with a land-based gravesite. Here's one example:

I'm not suggesting they bury him somewhere where a shrine can be erected.

Just bring the body to US soil, do an autopsy, let the media see him, allow for some gruesome photos, kill the dumb conspiracy noise, THEN drop him in the ocean.

• Options
    rootlesscosmo said:
    BobDesperado said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

I'm not suggesting they bury him somewhere where a shrine can be erected.

Just bring the body to US soil, do an autopsy, let the media see him, allow for some gruesome photos, kill the dumb conspiracy noise, THEN drop him in the ocean.

They have photos, DNA, facial recognition scans, a ton of computer files they seized from the house, his son's corpse, his wife's corpse, a bunch of live people who were in the house, and so on, and so forth. I'll bet a full set of fingerprints was taken as well.

Autopsy? Why, exactly?

Let the dumb conspiracy noise commence. It never amounts to much. Just ask The Donny.

--

the Donny animated thousands of people with his nonsense. and they'd still be squawking if Obama hadn't caved.

Im just not sure why we didn't keep the body for another few hours is all.

• Options
    rootlesscosmo said:
    the Donny animated thousands of people with his nonsense. and they'd still be squawking if Obama hadn't caved.

Im just not sure why we didn't keep the body for another few hours is all.

Some "caved." What ended up being "caved" was The Donny's skull.

Necrophiles hold onto bodies. I'm glad it's gone.

• Options
    dopeshit said:
    "Why the Death of the Man Who Was Not Behind 9/11 Was Announced on May 1st"

So who WAS behind 9/11? Banksy?

--