I heard Osama is Dead!

Comments

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Surely no-one official should have speculated to the press before the facts had been established.

This. ("But who cares about the facts, Osama is dead!")

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

Ha! Awesome. The look on that bald guy's face perfectly expresses how I feel when some jackass tries to address the entire subway car. It happens more often than you might think.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

Perfectly placed, backhanded middle finger at 0:38

I guess the would be cheerleader just got on the wrong train:

Almond said:
    I really like that photo of Obama and his posse watching the operation go down.

Sayin'.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would add that the top photo suggests that Obama was more involved with the actual operation on the ground than many might think.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Almond said:
    I really like that photo of Obama and his posse watching the operation go down.

Sayin'.

Finally the real reason for the downtime on PSN has been revealed.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would add that the top photo suggests that Obama was more involved with the actual operation on the ground than many might think.

Yeah, when that helicoptor was going down Obama's controller was vibrating like crazy.

HarveyCanal said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah, when that helicoptor was going down Obama's controller was vibrating like crazy.

Ayo?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Duderonomy said:

The look on that bald guy's face perfectly expresses how I feel when some jackass tries to address the entire subway car.

Also, can we agree that the woman standing behind that bald guy is sorta fine looking. (Amber Lamps redux)

• Options
    J i m s t e r said:
    Hey, I am glad he's been "Actioned" in whatever circumstances. I don't care about his human rights in this case.

But you can't say one thing one day and then say, hang on, actually this happened, the next day without expecting people to wonder if anyone knows or is telling the truth.

Yet this is what has happened. Surely no-one official should have speculated to the press before the facts had been established.

This is funny stuff. If officials hadn't said anything at all that first day THAT would have been used by the usual suspects as fuel for the conspiracy buffs. There is no way of avoiding the whacked out speculations of that crowd.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Why is Obama "on the ground" while the uniform guy is in the throne chair?

Can we get a run down on everyone in this picture?
    Biden, Obama, Mike Mullens (standing blue shirt?) Clinton, Gates. Who are the rest?

• bigchalzbigchalz 220 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Hey, I am glad he's been "Actioned" in whatever circumstances. I don't care about his human rights in this case.

But you can't say one thing one day and then say, hang on, actually this happened, the next day without expecting people to wonder if anyone knows or is telling the truth.

Yet this is what has happened. Surely no-one official should have speculated to the press before the facts had been established.

aw, give em a break jim, they had a lot of information coming out, it was easier to release that info immediately and sort out the "facts" later. the first story was just the rough draft.
    seriously though, are we to believe that they just made a few mistakes in the reporting of the official story due to the flurry of information or the "fog of war as they're calling it today? i don't believe they would treat the release of information regarding a situation of this magnitude so lightly. this is just too sensitive of a situation.

taken from comments from this article:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/may/04/osamabinladen-us-television?INTCMP=SRCH

It's very interesting to note that in the past when the US killed the sons of Saddam, they did not hesitate to show the picture of his mangled body (in particular his face). They also did the same for Abu Musa Zarqawi etc. So it is quite fascinating to see the US hesitating to release some sort of photo evidence for OBL. On top of the holes already seeping out of the "official" story on what happened, it seems the US are not doing enough to give this issue the clarity it needs.

And so you can't blame anyone who takes a cautious view to this news when it comes from the same individuals who told us that Iraq had WMD, Iran has enriched uranium to nuclear levels, Gaddafi is the 21st century Hitler and the House of Saud are a force for "good" in the Middle East etc.

more was revealed today about the change of story here:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/04/osama-bin-laden-killing-us-story-change

here is an excerpt from the story that i found particularly interesting:

Brennan said on Monday: "We were able to monitor in a real-time basis the progress of the operation from its commencement to its time on target to the extraction of the remains and to then the egress off of the target??? we were able to monitor the situation in real time and were able to have regular updates and to ensure that we had real-time visibility into the progress of the operation. I'm not going to go into details about what type of visuals we had or what type of feeds that were there, but it was ??? it gave us the ability to actually track it on an ongoing basis."

How the story changed

Carney said on Tuesday the updates were "minute-by-minute" and "they were looking at and listening to those updates". CIA director Leon Panetta told PBS on Tuesday: "Once those teams went into the compound, I can tell you that there was a time period of almost 20 or 25 minutes that we really didn't know just exactly what was going on."

LaserWolf said:

Why is Obama "on the ground" while the uniform guy is in the throne chair?

Can we get a run down on everyone in this picture?
    Biden, Obama, Mike Mullens (standing blue shirt?) Clinton, Gates. Who are the rest?

The photo (click below for larger image), features (seated from left): Brigadier General Marshall B. "Brad" Webb, Assistant Commanding General, Joint Special Operations Command; Deputy National Security Advisor Denis McDonough; Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton; and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates. Standing (from left) are: Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; National Security Advisor Tom Donilon; Chief of Staff Bill Daley; Tony Binken, National Security Advisor to the Vice President; Audrey Tomason Director for Counterterrorism; John Brennan, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism; and Director of National Intelligence James Clapper

Thanks google.
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2384896,00.asp

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I would just like to give a list of the things that I don't give a fuck about:

- whether he was armed
    - whether the story changed

Thank you, and good night.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    gareth said:

- whether he was armed

Allow me to add:

- whether he received a 'proper' burial

Horseleech said:
    gareth said:

- whether he was armed

Allow me to add:

- whether he received a 'proper' burial

I think, all things considered, his burial was exceedingly respectful. And I agree 100% with the burial at sea.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    gareth said:

- whether he was armed

Seriously.......I' ve heard so much wishy washy BS in the last few days it makes my head want to explode.

Der Spiegel newspaper out of Germany "Was Killing Osama Legal"?....did they ask if killing Hitler was legal too?

The dude on the radio this morning who asked "When we find out the American Government was behind 9/11 are we gonna just kill them too?"......Sure, and when we find out they didn't can we kill you and all your ilk?

He didn't have a trial....He wasn't armed.....He wasn't read his rights....There were children present.

WHEN THE HELL DID OUR COUNTRY TURN INTO MAMBYPAMBYLAND ON GUM DROP ISLAND?

Go get in your Waaaambulance and sing "We Are The World" at the top of your lungs.

Slate published a piece this morning that said a lot of the misinformation was disseminated purposefully in an attempt to sully his "legend" for those who seek to make a martyr of him. The logic behind which I totally see. They also said this type of misinformation is common among Black Ops missions, which also makes sense.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    MAMBYPAMBYLAND

Is that where I am? I guess I'm just young and idealistic.

Daughter, 12, saw killing of unarmed bin Laden

I should be cheering in the streets.

z_illa said:
    Rockadelic said:
    MAMBYPAMBYLAND

Interesting. Most of us view you as unrealistic and combative.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    The problem with revenge is that it never stops.

• Options
    z_illa said:
    Rockadelic said:
    MAMBYPAMBYLAND

That's a shame, he was probably father of the year.

The more I think about this, the more I think direct good will come from it.

Osama funneled lots of cash to Qaeda. It is likely now that the US will be running some of that cash down, his sons and associates will be grabbing as much as possible. Less cash for terror.

Many pundits mentioned Osama's race horse analogy. I think his death will take some romance out of terrorism.

His role as organizer, mastermind and spiritual leader has been marginalized since the Afghan invasion. Now it has been eliminated.

I do think Obama would like to ratchet down the ground war in Afghanistan. This will allow us to concentrate on the kind of "police actions" that John Kerry promoted and Bushed laughed at in 2004.

And of course, there is the satisfaction it has brought to many of us who were terrorized by 9/11.

• Options
    gareth said:
    Slate published a piece this morning that said a lot of the misinformation was disseminated purposefully in an attempt to sully his "legend" for those who seek to make a martyr of him. The logic behind which I totally see. They also said this type of misinformation is common among Black Ops missions, which also makes sense.

I just wonder why they're covering up the fact that he had a 10" ham dildo halfway up his ass when the door was kicked in.

• Options
    Sween said:
    z_illa said:
    Rockadelic said:
    MAMBYPAMBYLAND

That's a shame, he was probably father of the year.

Yeah, Ward Fucking Cleaver.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/osamas-prodigal-son-20100120

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I just love when we are forced to live through a psy-ops like this one and all the true believers get so carried away that they leave no room for anyone to say shit unless it's 100% compliant with their company line.

b/w

Now waiting to see if Rock actually goes as far as to kill Rashard Mendenhall.

• Options
    bassie said:
    The problem with revenge is that it never stops.

They should have just sent him flowers. Or maybe invited him to throw out the first ball in the World Series this year.

• Options
    HarveyCanal said:
    I just love when we are forced to live through a psy-ops like this one and all the true believers get so carried away that they leave no room for anyone to say shit unless it's 100% compliant with their company line.

I missed the part where anyone prevented anyone from saying anything.