DON'T STEP ON MY HEELS - 2.0

Comments

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts

Dries Van Noten Pencil Skirt

Gucci's F/W 2010 women's ready-to-wear looks very aviator/air hostess inspired. Some of the pieces are little Star Trek-y, but I am loving the collection. I didn't even know I liked Gucci. I think the above dress (Star Trek air hostess, I know) is lovely with the structured draping and discreet belt. It's almost mod with the boat neck and white tights. The back is cut out.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    The skirt is amazing.

I like the shape of the Gucci, too, but I wish it was presented a little differently. I am almost always in favour of leaning to the 1970s, so, hair and make-up along those lines. It needs more drama and softness. The drab hair cut down the middle, milquetoast make-up and wrong shoes don't do it justice.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Almond said:
    I like the balloon effect in womenswear.

Scarlett Johansson.

I like her balloons too. I mean her balloon effect.

bassie said:
    The skirt is amazing.

I like the shape of the Gucci, too, but I wish it was presented a little differently. I am almost always in favour of leaning to the 1970s, so, hair and make-up along those lines. It needs more drama and softness. The drab hair cut down the middle, milquetoast make-up and wrong shoes don't do it justice.

The model is drab and bored, but that's business as usual. Part of the fashion theory that models are merely hangers. I actually think the middle-part is a little reminiscent of 70s hippie hair. The makeup leaves something to be desired, but maybe the MAC artist just wasn't feeling it that day.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    [
    Gucci's F/W 2010 women's ready-to-wear looks very aviator/air hostess inspired. Some of the pieces are little Star Trek-y, but I am loving the collection. I didn't even know I liked Gucci. I think the above dress (Star Trek air hostess, I know) is lovely with the structured draping and discreet belt. It's almost mod with the boat neck and white tights. The back is cut out.

I think their collections have been great ever since Frida Giannini started as creative director! (of course the collections before were great as well, but I think it's impressive how she managed to follow someone like Tom Ford, those are big shoes to fill.)

1000fm said:

I think their collections have been great ever since Frida Giannini started as creative director!

I totally agree.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    got these 2nd hand pilgrimy loafers for cheap. so necessary for those all-nite butter churning ragers

kinda into these

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Feelin' that bottom pair, Ms. Damn!

i decided against them since we haven't seen the sun out here since the weekend of july 17 :(

these too

i adore the wood grain on those soles

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
    edith head said:
    got these 2nd hand pilgrimy loafers for cheap. so necessary for those all-nite butter churning ragers

These are pretty hot.
    Love the coloring of the leather and the big square buckle/plaque.

What's the take on Keds? They make them in all sorts of designs now, but I find them to be simultaneously schoolgirl-ish and grandma-ish. I saw a damask print pair at a department store and thought they were "really cute," but I'm getting too old for cute, so I didn't buy them. Can't find a picture of them online.

• Options
    As long as they have better arc supports than the shoes I wear I think they will be good.

• I'm feeling the peanut butter boots at the intro of this:

SUYOON FW10 PHOTOSHOOT from SuYoon on Vimeo.

Also, the ladies I've sent this to seem to favor the red, black and gold pair, which, based off of previous posts, will probably be hated on by the Ladies Of Soulstrut. At least I think so. What do I know?? For the record, I don't hang out with strippers. They may have a little hood in 'em, though.

*Edit: Just realized that this is an update version of a video that was made 7 months ago, so it may have been posted way back when.

I just posted this in the Gaga thread where it will get all sorts of hateration by men who don't know the difference between a kitten heel and a wedge.

The dress is by McQueen and she seems to have a royal court entourage around her. Commentary on the monarchy? I think she looks pretty. I like the blue in the hair and on her nails. I didn't watch the VMAs (don't really ever turn on the TV), but ran into this image online. The print is beautiful and colors are a perfect intro to fall (I love the colors of fall). Of course it's not wearable and it's crazy; that's the fucking point. Thoughts, fashionites?

Did anyone check out the September issue of Vogue? I went through it carefully a week ago and noticed lots of heavy textures: tweed, fur, etc. Some of Chanel's super tweedy pieces this season are just plain fugly. Was expecting more from Marc Jacobs. Loved Miu Miu's structured designs. Ms. Anna Wintour was definitely feeling the heavy textures for this season. I wasn't totally in love with anything, but at least I have an inkling of what watered-down versions of these haute fashions we'll be consuming in the next year.

The Monster's Inc spread was probably the most unique thing about the issue. Different, and a lot more colorful than anything else this issue, which I feel actually lacked color. Maybe the fashion community is feeling glum in the current post-recession era. But you can see what I mean about the fur and heavy textures.

(Previous post about Vogue's September issue continued below. For some reason I couldn't post more than one image in the same post.)

My favorite thing about this issue was the "Sweater Girl" spread with the stunning uber supermodel Lara Stone. Her hair was a little too fifites, but she's beautiful, the photography was lovely and even the orange-red lipstick added a little "sumpthin." Lara is wearing the J. Crew cardigan backwards in the below image and it creates an awesome boatneck effect! I will wear at least one sweater backwards this season.

For more images from the "Sweater Girl" spread: http://fashiongonerogue.com/lara-stone-mert-marcus-vogue-september-2010/

I wasn't feeling the Halle Barre cover with the blunt cut Flapper hair. The straight bangs and bob are so Katy Holmes who is so, like, 2007.

• should i cop? i have about a month and half left of indian summer over here

Yes to the red heels!

I am a fan of Lara Stone, sweaters and sweater girls. I have a few sweaters I wear backwards because the v-neck is too deep in the front but kinda hot in the back. And, yea, I like the boatneck look, too.

Almond said:

This is a really nice colour combo. Oh the possibilities for shoes to go with that kit!!

I am not a fan of Vogue.

edith head said:
    should i cop? i have about a month and half left of indian summer over here

Yes, cop! I like the black detailing, but I always feel like my feet are sliding forward in those types of shoes.

• I love shoes like those red ones. So sandal-y, strappy and delicate.

Unfortunately I have size 9 US feet (at least) that look like something you'd see attached to a peasant yam farmer's ankles. Delicate sandals look ridiculous on me.

I'm jealous.

lmho - I dunno, these supermodel types have some big feet...unless you are 5'5" with size 9, I'd say fck it wear shoes made of angel hairs and gold thread if you want.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I hated Vogue until I saw The September Issue. After seeing that film, I have a mild crush on Anna Wintour and a much broader appreciation for the creative direction in the magazine. Still can't really look at it, though -- too many ads.

I love this thread.
    JRoot

You're a woman, brokenrecord? Yay!

I'm a 6.5 or 7, usually. My feet get cold easily (icy cold), so I usually don't wear sandals. My feet are narrow and I'm afraid anything too strappy might just slip off. Plus, no sandals unless my toes are polished to perfection. I can even paint the little flowers if I need to satisfy a painting fix. People ask if they are stickers and I get offended because I would never cheat like that. Painted flowers are tacky enough.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

• Almond said:
    edith head said:

Yes, cop! I like the black detailing, but I always feel like my feet are sliding forward in those types of shoes.

it looks black in the pic, but it's actually navy blue. you all convinced to get these and wear them on an upcoming sailboat excursion on the bay.

• You cant wear shoes like that on a boat. You'll fuck up the deck.

• Options

depends on the boat, and if the mates have swabbed the deck with vinyl or not.

:beerbang:

edith head said:
    Almond said:
    edith head said:

it looks black in the pic, but it's actually navy blue. you all convinced to get these and wear them on an upcoming sailboat excursion on the bay.

They'd be fine on a boat. The heel is kitten-esque, and in my experience, only stiletto points apply enough pressure to damage a plank.

• Options
    ok this is getting silly