DON'T STEP ON MY HEELS - 2.0

Comments

• Purchased.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Herm said:
    Purchased.

I would like a pair of high-top or ankle boots to add some bulk to my otherwise skinny ankles.

JRoot said:
    I hated Vogue until I saw The September Issue. After seeing that film, I have a mild crush on Anna Wintour and a much broader appreciation for the creative direction in the magazine. Still can't really look at it, though -- too many ads.

I love this thread.
    JRoot

Though I feel that Anna Wintour is a prominent dictator, and sometimes a tyrant, in the fashion industry, the advertisements allow designers to market pieces as they choose, and not just how Grace Coddington and Ms. Anna decide to style them. What if I don't want to wear faux fur and tweed this season??? Anna's pissed off at us and exacting her wool-inspired revenge.

I just got the October issue, and while I love the Carrie Mulligan cover (except her fingernails, which I wish were painted, given the the heavy glitz of the Chanel dress), the Mulligan spread is blah. She looks like a little boy dressed up as a little girl in most of the shots.

• Trickers, right? Honestly, I can't wrap my head around them - even the Junya Watanabe ones were pretty meh. The last is probably what kills it for me.

• bassie said:
    lmho - I dunno, these supermodel types have some big feet...unless you are 5'5" with size 9, I'd say fck it wear shoes made of angel hairs and gold thread if you want.

Sure, though randomly I remember reading a quote from Tea Leone saying she didn't do manicures. Because her hands are a little man-ish, and she'd just end up looking like a transsexual.

I kinda feel that way about my feet. Looking down my legs, and seeing delicate slippers with gold thread and angel wings adorning George Costanza's feet would be disturbing. lol.

Almond said:
    You're a woman, brokenrecord? Yay!

Well, other than my feet, last I checked I am mainly in possession of lady bits. Yay!

• dwyhajlo said:
    Trickers, right? Honestly, I can't wrap my head around them - even the Junya Watanabe ones were pretty meh. The last is probably what kills it for me.

Actually, those are Ritano Wingtip Boots. I ordered 'em from Urban Outfitters site for $78 plus shipping. MUCH cheaper than Trickers.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Herm said:
    dwyhajlo said:
    Trickers, right? Honestly, I can't wrap my head around them - even the Junya Watanabe ones were pretty meh. The last is probably what kills it for me.

Actually, those are Ritano Wingtip Boots. I ordered 'em from Urban Outfitters site for $78 plus shipping. MUCH cheaper than Trickers.

Nice pickup Herm. Im going to check those out.

None of this low podiatric confidence allowed, brokenrecord. Those talons are meant to be polished and those heels are made for struttin'.

• i got these 2nd hand chelsea-ish westerny ankle boots because i love the creamy bone color but i have no idea what to wear them with (i really don't know what to do with white shoes).

the only thing i can think of are jeans but i don't really like to wear pants these days

• Those are cool. I totally picture them with a skirt, actually. Full and flouncy. A lot of lengths would work - knee length, mini, or 'Elaine' length. I guess a pencil skirt could work too.

White is SO tough for me. I have a totally awesome / nutty CDG pair of white flats I got on super sale long ago. And they permanently reside in my closet because I never want to risk getting them dirty. Speaking of CDG - I LOVE their trompe l'oi (sp?) shoes with the toes painted on.

Here's the bloggeuse that everyone hates in them:

I think she's really cute. And AWWW - look at her little record collection!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    White is a hard one. In the old Heels thread I posted some white boots I couldn't decide on and bought them in the end. I have worn them a few times, but the first time was a big step out of my comfort zone.

Edith's shoes up there - I also think they would look really good with a mini - I am not a huge fan of Western/cowboy aesthetic, so mid-length skirts, etc. is not my first pick to go along.

And yea, I can't stand that little girl.
    Cibo Matto? No shit.

• i'm not usually drawn to the western aesthetic either (actually kinda repulsed by it), but i could not look pass the color and how well made these were. i talked myself into it because they were part chelsea boot being ankle length with the elastic. white is so effing hard though. i think i can wear this with a denim or corduroy skirt, but i still feel out of my element

brokenrecord said:
    And they permanently reside in my closet because I never want to risk getting them dirty.

Story of my life. My mom never bought us the white shirts that were part of our school uniform. We were the only ones in yellow : (

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Almond said:
    JRoot said:
    I hated Vogue until I saw The September Issue. After seeing that film, I have a mild crush on Anna Wintour and a much broader appreciation for the creative direction in the magazine. Still can't really look at it, though -- too many ads.

I love this thread.
    JRoot

Though I feel that Anna Wintour is a prominent dictator, and sometimes a tyrant, in the fashion industry, the advertisements allow designers to market pieces as they choose, and not just how Grace Coddington and Ms. Anna decide to style them. What if I don't want to wear faux fur and tweed this season??? Anna's pissed off at us and exacting her wool-inspired revenge.

I don't like looking at ads in general , but I really don't like being unable to find editorial content in an ocean of ads. Since I don't buy much by way of women's clothes (wife has all but forbidden it), the only value I find in Vogue is in the editorial content about fashion. But I can't find the editorial content to decide if I like it or not. Most issues, I can't even find the TOC within five minutes. This is my problem with Vogue, and why I am generally confined to judging it based on its cover and "The September Issue."

I still love this thread!
    JRoot

• A friend of mine recently picked me up a pair of white suede bucks with a red brick sole. I've yet to wear 'em 'cause I can't really find a way to do it right while minimizing the dirt factor. It seems like the new trend is to cuff and roll the pant leg above the ankle but I'm not sure if it looks right on me. Any ideas?

Staying on the white trend, this D&G ensemble looks pretty good. The shoes are off-white; maybe they got dirty backstage? D&G has some of the most beautiful male models evar.

And as for cuffed pants/jeans, Herm, I have no idea. That reminds me of when I was little and my mom would cuff pants that were too big, declaring that it was no big deal since we'd grow into them.

• she rules

anyone know what shoes these are?

• oh yea, i got yet another 60's coat

starting to understand how i am taking up two closets in my home now.

• Wow! That coat is niiiiiiiiiice.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Herm said:
    Wow! That coat is niiiiiiiiiice.

Mad nice.

• thanks dudes. the gold trim was the draw for me, but the gold buttons have anchors on them which might even be too costumey for a nautical fetishist like myself. will probably switch them out

edith head said:
    she rules

Where'd you find this photo? I'm also wondering about the shoes.

I want to wear a tie to work. I often accessorize with scarves (always feeling cold related (heart of stone related)), but I want to mix it up. The office is the only place where I dress up, and is the only place where I am ever over-dressed.
    What's your take? Too schoolgirl? Too preppy? I'm think I'm square enough to justify it, and oddball enough to pull it off.
    Also, is there a formal name for the "crossover" tie pictured below with the Peter Pan collared shirt?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    take it from a mildly drunk dude-- (it means i'm feeling honest.)

it's all about the fit of the shirt. if you rock a tie (more like the second one pictured) with a form-fitting shirt, you're in the clear. if you rock some dude-like "my shirt doubles as a sail" type shit, it's NAGL.

Of course I'd wear a fitted shirt.

• Almond said:
    edith head said:
    she rules

Where'd you find this photo? I'm also wondering about the shoes.

random tumblog

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    It is getting so tiresome telling Edith she has amazing taste and great finds.

I really like the colour of the shoes on the D&G suit and think it's a good match. They are just a touch too casual for the rest of it though.

I can't see the picture of the shoes!!!!

• woop

I'm wearing pale yellow, beige and white today. Someone described my get-up as nautical. I was aiming more for ray of sunshine.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    can we make this the non-record weekend finds spot?? i won at this thrift.
    most pretty much new. coach leather jacket. linen , brooks bros, and cordorouy coats that salmon polo, polo swim trunks (brand new), dooney & burke shoes (new) and thos pink floyd pajamas that cannot be fucked with.