DON'T STEP ON MY HEELS - 2.0

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    pcmr said:
    i got wooven brown(orangey) ones at a thrift store and am thinking or rocking it with my gray suit at the wedding

Dude, no

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Fucking Gilt starts their sales at 7am Hawaii time and fucked if I'm going to wake up that early for that. Plus last time they sent me the wrong bag and I ended up paying $20 shipping basically just for a damn belt.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    this kinda grey

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    pcmr said:
    i got wooven brown(orangey) ones at a thrift store and am thinking or rocking it with my gray suit at the wedding

Dude, no
    something old related
    kidding, will take your advice
    my friend's dad owns a henry marks store i needs to get them early wedding gifts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    pcmr said:
    faux_rillz said:
    pcmr said:

Dude, no
    something old related
    kidding, will take your advice
    my friend's dad owns a henry marks store i needs to get them early wedding gifts

I have no idea of what the shoes in question look like, but its hard for me to imagine anything "woven" or "orangey" working with a grey wool suit. Maybe with some kind of lightweight summer suit in cream or something like that.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    pcmr said:
    this kinda grey

Don't do it.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Brian said:
    Fucking Gilt starts their sales at 7am Hawaii time and fucked if I'm going to wake up that early for that. Plus last time they sent me the wrong bag and I ended up paying $20 shipping basically just for a damn belt.

They messed 2 of my orders too. Normally I'd be pissed but both times they issued me a full refund AND $25 credits.

WOW. Perfect.

bassie said:
    WOW. Perfect.

I saved that to my hard drive this morning. Those colors pop lovely.

bassie said:
    WOW. Perfect.

bassie said:
    WOW. Perfect.

PCMR - I still stand by what I said, so don't get any funny ideas!

I sometimes feel like brown and gray are a much easier colours to work with than black, especially gray because its hue can change depending on what it's with. Brown is more difficult and I would never stand at my closet and go "bright yellow, bright blue and.....brown!" You know? On paper - no way, but it works here.
    This trend of thick strappy black shoes with any damn thing bugs me to no end, especially with light summer wear. Black does not go with everything!

Damn...triple post?!?! WTF?!?! Sorry, folks.

Anyways...

Who makes these on the left, Bassie? I'm feeling 'em, though I'll probably be the only one as per usual.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I don't know the designer, but I found these which look really similar but uglier, and make me doubt if they're really Balenciaga. One might be a knock-off of the other. You can try asking the blog owner for details.
    http://www.bluefly.com/Balenciaga-orange-satin-and-leather-ankle-wrap-sandals/cat20460/308109001/detail.fly?referer=ca_pricegrabber&cm_mmc=ca_pricegrabber-_-na-_-womens_shoes-_-308109001&mr;:referralID=65e263f0-8b15-11df-a7ab-0026b9571fcf

Almond said:
    I don't know the designer, but I found these which look really similar but uglier, and make me doubt if they're really Balenciaga. One might be a knock-off of the other. You can try asking the blog owner for details.
    http://www.bluefly.com/Balenciaga-orange-satin-and-leather-ankle-wrap-sandals/cat20460/308109001/detail.fly?referer=ca_pricegrabber&cm_mmc=ca_pricegrabber-_-na-_-womens_shoes-_-308109001&mr;:referralID=65e263f0-8b15-11df-a7ab-0026b9571fcf

Whoa....how did you just find those based off the pic??

I know this is not heel-related, but oh well...

I'm really liking this belt buckle (for obvious reasons), but then I found out it's Hermes (which makes it even more appropriate) and I REFUSE to pay $600+ for a goshdarn belt buckle! I am not against a knockoff though. Anybody know a reputable site I can get a silver one from? Sno??

I just did a couple of Google searches with key words such as orange, blue, ankle strap, wrap strap, satin strap, etc. until I got something that looked like it. I didn't find the original, nor did I find the blog you got the photo from.

I'm not into belt buckles, but your style is much bolder than mine. Hermes does make fabulous scarves, though I'd never pay for one.

Almond said:
    I just did a couple of Google searches with key words such as orange, blue, ankle strap, wrap strap, satin strap, etc. until I got something that looked like it. I didn't find the original, nor did I find the blog you got the photo from.

I'm not into belt buckles, but your style is much bolder than mine. Hermes does make fabulous scarves, though I'd never pay for one.

Got it from here, but it's just a series of (incredibly awesome summertime) photos. Worth the time if you have 10 minutes to spare.

http://secretforts.blogspot.com/2010/07/drawing-board-summer-pt-ii.html

• snosno 332 Posts
    Herm said:
    Almond said:

Got it from here, but it's just a series of (incredibly awesome summertime) photos. Worth the time if you have 10 minutes to spare.

http://secretforts.blogspot.com/2010/07/drawing-board-summer-pt-ii.html

Sunff suede buck on a storm welted red brick sole, I'm definitely feeling this:

Sno! Peep my little question for you in the Hermes buckle post above please.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Herm said:
    Sno! Peep my little question for you in the Hermes buckle post above please.

The small question you have yielded a BIG answer. Please check PM.

Good lord these are beautiful!

Also not heels.

Herm said:
    Good lord these are beautiful!

Probably one of the "prettiest" pairs from the current collection. Check out the others: http://www.balenciaga.com/int/en/Default.aspx?nav=/collections/women/accessories/shoes

Almond said:

Probably one of the "prettiest" pairs from the current collection. Check out the others: http://www.balenciaga.com/int/en/Default.aspx?nav=/collections/women/accessories/shoes

Thanks Almond!

#8 = the pair the lady on the right is wearing in the pic above.

Mystery solved, Bassie!

#12, #16 and the pair I posted a couple of pages back in blue/green/white are my favourites.

Herm said:
    Also not heels.

YES.

Nay on the boots, Herm. Maybe on a go-go dancer at a rodeo-themed night at the 21 'n over. The Lego wall in the background would be almost cool if it wasn't ruined by the heart. The best part about the photo is the seafoam green of the shoe boxes. At least girlie has a nice pedicure, tan and legs, but then again, you would never risk disappointing us with a photo of cankled legs and janky pedi.

Natasha by Alexander Wang, Fall 2009
    Black and structured. Very Wang.

Almond said:
    Nay on the boots, Herm. Maybe on a go-go dancer at a rodeo-themed night at the 21 'n over. The Lego wall in the background would be almost cool if it wasn't ruined by the heart. The best part about the photo is the seafoam green of the shoe boxes. At least girlie has a nice pedicure, tan and legs, but then again, you would never risk disappointing us with a photo of cankled legs and janky pedi.

Hilarious.

I'm pretty sure those are some yet-to-be-released Melody Ehsani boots. I think it's an interesting design but I bet someone can do better with the mesh idea. Plus the model (which I believe is her too) has some really nice calves and feet from what I can see.

b/w