DON'T STEP ON MY HEELS - 2.0

Comments

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    BARGAIN STRUT:

I love the Seychelles sandals pictured but can't afford to dish out $80 for a pair of flimsy flats.

I was at Kohl's when I came across the below sandals from a generic brand for $34.99. Plus they were 50% off! But at the register they were only $6.99! They are exactly like the Seychelles and I almost feel bad that designers get scheisted like this, but I'd rather get my heel blisters from a cheap shoe than an expensive one (note: no blisters yet).

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    WANT.

Online window shopping is apparently > sleep.

Almond said:

DEFINITELY.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Herm said:
    WANT.

tTrickers is definitely my steez right now.

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Herm said:
    WANT.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Almond said:
    Nay on the boots, Herm. Maybe on a go-go dancer at a rodeo-themed night at the 21 'n over. The Lego wall in the background would be almost cool if it wasn't ruined by the heart. The best part about the photo is the seafoam green of the shoe boxes. At least girlie has a nice pedicure, tan and legs, but then again, you would never risk disappointing us with a photo of cankled legs and janky pedi.

Natasha by Alexander Wang, Fall 2009
    Black and structured. Very Wang.

Can't see the Ehsani boots.

Wang is so overrated imo. He just does boring jersey wear!
    Those Natasha shoes are not bad, but I am not a fan of the hoof look.

• Herm said:
    I know this is not heel-related, but oh well...

I'm really liking this belt buckle (for obvious reasons), but then I found out it's Hermes (which makes it even more appropriate) and I REFUSE to pay $600+ for a goshdarn belt buckle! I am not against a knockoff though. Anybody know a reputable site I can get a silver one from? Sno??

I saw this guy on that blog and was like 'hell yes!' to the whole thing. Especially the jeans.

In general I not a fan of logos (the belt), but if your name starts with 'H' it would be rad.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    brokenrecord said:
    Herm said:
    I know this is not heel-related, but oh well...

I'm really liking this belt buckle (for obvious reasons), but then I found out it's Hermes (which makes it even more appropriate) and I REFUSE to pay $600+ for a goshdarn belt buckle! I am not against a knockoff though. Anybody know a reputable site I can get a silver one from? Sno??

I saw this guy on that blog and was like 'hell yes!' to the whole thing. Especially the jeans.

Pleated jeans elicited a "hell yes!" from you?

Cavariccin'!

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

• Also, these:

Herm said:

reminded me of these Martin Margielas:

They're kinda cool, kinda ugly. I'd definitely wear them - lol.

Also, the woman a page back in the yellow dress / yellow cardigan looks great. And I LOVE those shoes - I think someone said they were Bottega Veneta. Unfortunately the scrunched toes ruin the whole thing for me. Sandals are so tricky. I'm actually one of those people who tromps around in big boots in 90 degree weather. I don't do 'summery' because I'd rather look seasonally inappropriate than show my unpedicured, blistered, big feet to the world.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    bennyboy said:
    Herm said:
    WANT.

Dress Tims.

• faux_rillz said:

Pleated jeans elicited a "hell yes!" from you?

Oooh yeah!

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    translucent hamster stripper boot.

you can get with this or you can get with that.

bennyboy said:
    Herm said:
    WANT.

More like :breakwallet:

Damn things are $550!

DO NOT WANT.

brokenrecord said:

In general I not a fan of logos (the belt), but if your name starts with 'H' it would be rad.

I agree and yes, my name starts with an 'H.' I went with this one instead (but a bootleg 'cause I ain't no dummy!):

It's more subtle than the one holmes is wearing in the pic. I'm not a fan of the Hermes etched into the buckle - I'm more about the buckle style itself - but I'll live with it.

It's funny, I post stuff like this flashy designer belt and those huge ass boots above, but I'm a pretty non-flashy, traditional dressing kinda dude. Except for sneakers, I'm really not the guy who advertises logos and flosses expensive gear, UNLESS I got a really cheap deal on it, and even then it's more for the "I got it for cheap" aspect of it. A good friend of mine brought me a fancy $250 Louis Vuitton tie a couple years ago and to this day it sits unworn in its' fancy box in my closet. She keeps asking me to send her a pic of me wearing it out, but it's an all-over print embossed/embedded with tiny LV logos. Where am I gonna wear that?? It's way too flashy for work and if I'm at a wedding I'll feel like I'm trying to outfloss the groom. I thought of selling it but it meant a lot to her to give it to me.

I kinda wish I had the courage/balls/confidence to be a little more 'out there' with my attire. Unfortunately, the city I live in isn't necessarily fashion-forward and I don't want to be that pretentious a**hole in the club or grocery store!

Herm said:
    bennyboy said:
    Herm said:
    WANT.

More like :breakwallet:

Damn things are $550!

DO NOT WANT.

Yeah, but they are going to last you for 15 years, and it'll never be an old look. Classics.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Trickers being the higher end brand and they tend to be quite expensive. For a taste of Northhampton bench-made shoes which cost a bit less, try
    Sanders: http://www.sanders-uk.com/
    (I suspect Mark McNairy is sourcing the shoes there from Sanders as well)
    Grenson: http://www.grenson.co.uk/
    But yes, a pair of Trickers is totally un-eff-withable.

sno said:
    Trickers being the higher end brand and they tend to be quite expensive. For a taste of Northhampton bench-made shoes which cost a bit less, try
    Sanders: http://www.sanders-uk.com/
    (I suspect Mark McNairy is sourcing the shoes there from Sanders as well)
    Grenson: http://www.grenson.co.uk/
    But yes, a pair of Trickers is totally un-eff-withable.

Yes, got a pair Grenson, (Grenson's?), certainly a cheaper option, good quality. Loakes also. I also like to spend time browsing in Church's Oxford St shop. Nice.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    brokenrecord said:
    Also, these:

Herm said:

reminded me of these Martin Margielas:

They're kinda cool, kinda ugly. I'd definitely wear them - lol.

That coat...cripes.

Anyway, the thing with these half mesh boots is that they're like sleeveless turtlenecks - not quite winter, not quite summer and still not spring or fall. Some fashion clashes and impracticalities I can get with, but not these. Also, sorry people, I think they are ugly. If those Margielas were all-suede or all- leather two tone - yea!

Herm said:
    A good friend of mine brought me a fancy $250 Louis Vuitton tie a couple years ago and to this day it sits unworn in its' fancy box in my closet. She keeps asking me to send her a pic of me wearing it out, but it's an all-over print embossed/embedded with tiny LV logos. Where am I gonna wear that?? It's way too flashy for work and if I'm at a wedding I'll feel like I'm trying to outfloss the groom. I thought of selling it but it meant a lot to her to give it to me.

I kinda wish I had the courage/balls/confidence to be a little more 'out there' with my attire. Unfortunately, the city I live in isn't necessarily fashion-forward and I don't want to be that pretentious a**hole in the club or grocery store!

The problem with the all-over LV logo tie is more that its tacky than that its flashy. Accessories that prominently display a designer logo scream "I can't afford actual clothes by this designer," IMO.

Sidenote: I don't really understand people who try to buy ties for other people. It is--or should be--a very personal thing, and all also needs to work with the rest of your outfit.

I feel you, Faux. It was a very nice gesture but I'm way too low-key for it. The tie itself is nice and maybe not as flossy as I'm making it out to be (you only notice the embossed monogram from pretty close up), but I know it's there and that's what matters. I'll see if I can post a pic or find one online later tonight.

I also have some Cazals that I won in the Haiti auction that I've yet to wear. Same reason.

Herm said:
    I feel you, Faux. It was a very nice gesture but I'm way too low-key for it. The tie itself is nice and maybe not as flossy as I'm making it out to be (you only notice the embossed monogram from pretty close up), but I know it's there and that's what matters. I'll see if I can post a pic or find one online later tonight.

I also have some Cazals that I won in the Haiti auction that I've yet to wear. Same reason.

Haha... now those are flashy!

I remember watching the bidding wars over those and wondering how many SS dudes are really gonna be able to pull a pair off.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    My LV Wallet is fly

faux_rillz said:

I remember watching the bidding wars over those and wondering how many SS dudes are really gonna be able to pull a pair off.
    Holmes, the B-Boy in me *PASUE* saw those and thought "I NEED those!"

Then when they showed up I tried 'em on and I was looking like the brown Scott Storch!

faux_rillz said:
    Herm said:
    A good friend of mine brought me a fancy $250 Louis Vuitton tie a couple years ago and to this day it sits unworn in its' fancy box in my closet. She keeps asking me to send her a pic of me wearing it out, but it's an all-over print embossed/embedded with tiny LV logos. Where am I gonna wear that?? It's way too flashy for work and if I'm at a wedding I'll feel like I'm trying to outfloss the groom. I thought of selling it but it meant a lot to her to give it to me.

The problem with the all-over LV logo tie is more that its tacky than that its flashy. Accessories that prominently display a designer logo scream "I can't afford actual clothes by this designer," IMO.

Sidenote: I don't really understand people who try to buy ties for other people. It is--or should be--a very personal thing, and all also needs to work with the rest of your outfit.

I agree that the all-over logo is tacky, but it's historically a significant part of LV's design and marketing. My friend works at LV in Santa Barbara, and when he came up to visit for July 4th, we went to the mall and he gave me a tour through our local LV. He's like a museum tour guide, and I've never, ever met a salesperson with his depth of knowledge about the inventory, down to what type of leather is used. The original Mr. Vuitton's designs were considered controversial and ostentatious because most craftsmen displayed their signatures on the inside of pieces, rather than on the exterior. The first pieces were trunks that people traveled with (he started out as an apprentice box-maker). At the time, only the rich traveled and they basically put their lives in these boxes. LV has been a symbol of wealth and showiness from the start, though Mr. Vuitton himself came from really humble beginnings. I probably will never wear the LV logo because it doesn't vibe with my personal taste, but I don't have to worry about that because I'll never be able to afford. But I have serious, serious respect for the fabulous craftsmanship.

Found a pair of these Allen Edmond 'Clifton' Oxfords for $40 (!) at Nordstrom's Last Chance today:

They are (very) slightly used (Last Chance sells items that were returned to Nordstrom's) but considering they're $250 brand new I am not complaining one bit.

Passed on a pair of these Nordstrom 1901 suede saddle shoes for $30 and now I'm kicking myself.

The store is in Phoenix which is about 2 hours away and I'm back home now. I passed 'em up because they had a little scuff on the suede and I figured I'd get 'em even more dirty after only one wear. I've seen Can't Buy Me Love. White suede is a b*tch.

Anyways, got these NAVY Nordstrom 1901 'Carson' Oxfords brand new for $15 instead*:

They look black, but they're not. Also, the pair I bought has a red brick sole and the most comfortable footbed I have ever experienced. And I'm talking about dress shoes AND sneakers!

*Not my feet.

Great bargains! I like the first ones the best.
    Most of my shoes are sadly black. I try to tell myself that's okay because Vera Wang (as well as many other designers) are always in black or something equally understated.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Herm said:
    faux_rillz said:

Holmes, the B-Boy in me *PASUE* saw those and thought "I NEED those!"

Then when they showed up I tried 'em on and I was looking like the brown Scott Storch!
    I've rocked my pair a few times now. They came out at the Kentucky Derby and outdoor music festivities. I like em, they can't be worn everyday, plus they are heavy.