DON'T STEP ON MY HEELS - 2.0

Comments

• Damn, T*m!! That's some fly ass shit! You find that in the city? What kind of jacket is that on the left? From this tiny cell pic it looks like a brown leather or burgundy nylon Members Only jacket.

• Possum Tom said:
    can we make this the non-record weekend finds spot?? i won at this thrift.
    most pretty much new. coach leather jacket. linen , brooks bros, and cordorouy coats that salmon polo, polo swim trunks (brand new), dooney & burke shoes (new) and thos pink floyd pajamas that cannot be fucked with.

dude, are those dark side of the moon zubaz?!

• Possum Tom said:
    thos pink floyd pajamas that cannot be fucked with.

Those pajamas are CRA-MAZING!

me and mandude rented a place in clinton hill for a week in early nov. hope to see you!

• bassie said:

I can't see the picture of the shoes!!!!

thank you, miss.

can you see this?

• Also, I'm feeling those Pink Floyd tights. Will you wear those on our next date to Fatty Crab??

• errrrrorr

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    can we make this the non-record weekend finds spot?? i won at this thrift.
    most pretty much new. coach leather jacket. linen , brooks bros, and cordorouy coats that salmon polo, polo swim trunks (brand new), dooney & burke shoes (new) and thos pink floyd pajamas that cannot be fucked with.

I love the Floyd pajamas. DSOTM is one of the best albums evar. Those are so much more badass than my Hello Kitty pajamas.

• Oh, they're pajamas! Still, will you wear them for me over a candlelight dinner?

Seriously though, you plan on wearing boxers under those? I'm all for dry-cleaning some fly thrift finds but rubbing my sonoran style hot dog directly against some fabric that once cradled someone else's snausage is just a little too ohHELLnah for me.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    don't you worry about what my underwear situation is, herm. do you. :walk_away_son:
    that leather jacket is the most buttery 'coach' jacket someones dad never wore in his porche. mebersonly shmemberslonley!
    im selling it, but its an XL. I found all of that stuff in philly. i actually sold a bunch of it today before i took the picture. the philadelphia police jacket was pretty rad.

hi A****y!! see you in november then. LETS GO FISHING!

• Possum Tom said:

hi A****y!! see you in november then. LETS GO FISHING!

haha, what a prick! at least i didn't hurl. this is my fave boating accessory

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Herm said:
    Oh, they're pajamas! Still, will you wear them for me over a candlelight dinner?

Seriously though, you plan on wearing boxers under those? I'm all for dry-cleaning some fly thrift finds but rubbing my sonoran style hot dog directly against some fabric that once cradled someone else's snausage is just a little too ohHELLnah for me.

(page me)

• Almond said:
    I'm wearing pale yellow, beige and white today. Someone described my get-up as nautical.

nah, i think of red and blue

they are the most uncomfortable shoes i own right now even after having them stretched

• edith head said:
    Almond said:
    I'm wearing pale yellow, beige and white today. Someone described my get-up as nautical.

nah, i think of red and blue

I usually think of navy and yellow and HOLY MOLY THOSE SHOES ARE DOPE!

• Anybody know who makes these?

• Almond said:
    edith head said:
    she rules

anyone know what shoes these are?

Where'd you find this photo? I'm also wondering about the shoes.

Mmm... feel like I seen that pic ye olde Sartorialist. But maybe I just googled her name from another post on her? I think she works for teen vogue?? Or some other august publication? lol

• Something about boys sweaters. She's wearing a boy's sweater in the pic?

Herm said:
    Anybody know who makes these?

I Googled "blue suede ankle boots." There seem to be many similar styles on the market, and the pair pictured above may well be a knock-off since it doesn't feature the la-di-da details that the below designer pieces do.

These are out-of-season Giuseppe Zanottis.

Even Louboutin can't leave them blue suede shoes alone.

Reminds me of this:

PS It's really killing me that I can't figure out who made the shoes Edith asked about. I can't even find a suitable knock-off pair! I don't really dig them, but I guess I love these fashion scavenger hunts online.

• unityunity 179 Posts
    Hey, frequent don't-step-on-my-heels lurker, first time don't-step-on-my-heels poaster. I bought these off of Gilt the other day for under $60, which is quite the deal considering I don't think they even make these anymore.

All of ya'll in this thread hipped me to Gilt, so thanks a bunch! I owe this deal to you! Can't wait for these + fred perry sweater also purchased through GIlt to get to me. Fall fashion in full effect.

• unity said:
    Hey, frequent don't-step-on-my-heels lurker, first time don't-step-on-my-heels poaster. I bought these off of Gilt the other day for under $60, which is quite the deal considering I don't think they even make these anymore.

All of ya'll in this thread hipped me to Gilt, so thanks a bunch! I owe this deal to you! Can't wait for these + fred perry sweater also purchased through GIlt to get to me. Fall fashion in full effect.

Bilbo Baggins

• I just used my $25 GILT referral credit to buy a 3 pack of Happy Socks!

• What can Brown do for me? They can deliver these Sebago Lighthouse boots to my doorstep, that's what.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I believe if he had not strayed and stayed with Lisa, this disaster would have never happened.
    He has only himself to blame.

• All Rick everything.

b/w

Rick Owens makes some really nice stuff, but that doesn't mean everyone can pull it off.

I don't get the appeal....Alexander Wang, too. It's all really boring stuff to me that's one step up from goth casual/jersey cotton.

What do you like from Owens?

• bassie said:
    I don't get the appeal....Alexander Wang, too. It's all really boring stuff to me that's one step up from goth casual/jersey cotton.

What do you like from Owens?

Rick Owens makes some really nice leather outerwear, and I honestly don't mind his ultra-drapey style on the right person. The ultra-drapey stuff also belies some really interesting structural features that he builds into his pieces.
    The problem is that I think that a lot of the people who are bound to be interested in his Goth-ninja thing, are the type of person who can't properly fill out his forms. From what I understand, it's pretty notoriously oversized because Owens is consciously designing for very muscular men and very "toned women. This is a pretty revealing quote from him:

"The extreme sensation of working out has replaced the mosh pits of my earlier years and the sex clubs for years after that. It???s a great combo of discipline, joyous release, meditation, and vanity. Music never sounded as good as it does now, pounding through those earbud headphones into the pit of my stomach as I feel my muscles swell."

So, yeah, even though it looks like waifish Goth stuff, that doesn't really seem to be the intention.
    I know a couple guys who are really, really built and the silhouette looks really good on them. I can't do it justice though, so I admire it from afar.

Naturally, the women's line is cooler than the men's per usual.

I can see the comparison with Alexander Wang, but I think there's still a huge difference between the two. Wang's stuff is much more conventional in terms of cut, styling, etc.

Thanks for taking the time with that.

That quote was revealing, you're right. Sometimes too much information about how or why an artist creates the way they do does more harm than good...but in this case - maybe because I don't get it - the context helps.

Draping has made a comeback, but I guess I like the classic, more feminine shapes than his elegant Mad Max/Matrix looks. Another divergence: I like colour.
    His women's line doesn't appeal to me much more than the men's, though some of his jackets for both are gorgeous.

• I'm just happy that people are finally revolting against the body fascism of the last decade or so. Some of those Dior Homme collections were really nice, but the sizing was just ridiculous. It's always been funny to me that Saint Laurent himself actually opposed Hedi Slimane taking over YSL Rive Gauche, because the design philosophy of those two seems so different.

I like color also, so it's unfortunate that the stuff that I like tends to not be so colorful.

Well, the runway is not the most forgiving place for body shape and size. I hear you on Slimane's cuts, but Owens designing with muscular men and very toned women in mind can be seen as another type of "body fascism". It's not like Kravitz is out of shape, you know? I think we can add over 6' to the requirements.

YSL is one of my favourite houses ever.

• Well, I think you have to consider it within the broader context of men's fashion. There's never been that much of a variety to choose from. Even through the 90's, was there a whole lot to choose from aside from Prada (and maybe a couple other Italian brands), Helmut Lang, and maybe Jil Sander and other assorted brands? The whole Slimane/Dior Homme thing was such a break from the torpid status quo and it came to dominate so rapidly and so extensively, and swung to almost the exact opposite end of the spectrum, where getting something that wasn't from the Dior Homme tight-and-ready-for-lovin' mold became hard for guys who were into ''fashion''. Men's fashion is still playing catch-up even after all of this, so hopefully people who design for people with varying body types (a la Rick Owens) is just the beginning.

So, yeah, even though Owens designs with a very specific type of person in mind, that he designs for someone who doesn't look like a Slimane model is refreshing.

Get a room, you two. ; )

I can no longer follow the convo and yallz are making me feel dumb.