1161718192022»

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

digging these

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    edith head said:

where in the holy hell did you find the 'blood mountain' print on fabric?

:face_melt:

you can get some matching quilts or pillows or something:

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    EGADS!

:dead:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Zzzzzzz.....

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Are they hiding heels in their beards?

needs to start hitting the deli on the daily tho:

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    batmon said:

Zzzzzzz.....

No offence to Strutteurs with beards, but my local female experience dictates that facial hair is very much a no-no in these days of razors and what have you. Maybe they will cut a Jack Sparrow-ista some slack, but I must concur with consensus that, that whole hipsteur urban lumberjack fixie-beekeeper thing looks just kiddie-fiddler dreadful. Halfway to Amish.

Galliano died for your sins.

J i m s t e r said:

No offence to Strutteurs with beards, but my local female experience dictates that facial hair is very much a no-no in these days of razors and what have you. Maybe they will cut a Jack Sparrow-ista some slack, but I must concur with consensus that, that whole hipsteur urban lumberjack fixie-beekeeper thing looks just kiddie-fiddler dreadful. Halfway to Amish.

Galliano died for your sins.

Her boots, I love.

I am not really onside with open-toe boots just yet. Kinda like sleeveless turtlenecks - fashion oxymorons

He looks like fascinating company.

vintageinfants said:
    EGADS!

:dead:

She was on a UK chat show with Spock 2.0 last night.

She said "Gabba gabba gabba gabba..." or somesuch, it didn't matter.

She looked LAVA.

Shoes like this make me nervous - I expect someone's coffee to spill all over them on the subway before the summer is over or for me to scuff the front off on the curb like I do with most shoes that I am trying to be careful about. Ah well, they were too cute to pass up.

bassie said:
    Shoes like this make me nervous - I expect someone's coffee to spill all over them on the subway before the summer is over or for me to scuff the front off on the curb like I do with most shoes that I am trying to be careful about. Ah well, they were too cute to pass up.

Fronts are fresh.
    Backs are medical stocking.

High foot arches?

Ha ha! Yep, this season's neutrals are not to everyone's taste :cool:
    Shoes are a strong combo of hospital cafeteria walls and the stockings of the fine ladies who work therein.

Yea, high arches. Chuck Taylors wreak havoc on my shins if I wear them too long.

J i m s t e r said:
    batmon said:

Zzzzzzz.....

No offence to Strutteurs with beards, but my local female experience dictates that facial hair is very much a no-no in these days of razors and what have you.

i feel that way in general, but depending on the person, I sometimes think a beard can make a man handsomer as long as it isn't a crazy thick beard. none of those dudes in that photo are pulling that off for me.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    batmon said:

Zzzzzzz.....

For the record, I'm trying very hard to restrain from posting Facebook pics of fellow Soulstrutters in response to this pic/statement.

that would be pretty lame.

what are these dudes doing in the heels thread anyway?

i STAY bearded up. but very rarely as out of control as the frumpy looking gentleman above.

it's possible to rock the beard without looking like a bassist/barista

I grew out my beard back in 2003. It was the first beard in Williamsburg, IIRC. The trucker-hipster was going out of fashion and the lumberjack-hipster had not yet come into existence. Soon after every dude on the L train had one. True story.

Sorry to have been the one to get that ball rolling. I've always kept my beard respectable though.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    what is the female equivalent of the male hipster beard?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    edith head said:
    that would be pretty lame.

what are these dudes doing in the heels thread anyway?

Yeah, I was joking. I wouldn't do that. I'm just jealous that I can't get the 16 hairs on my face to grow long enough to have a comb-over beard of sorts.

I think this thread has become the better dressed version of the sneaker thread, which is why Batmon probably posted it.

ahh gotcha, i couldn't tell with how intense & personal these strut beefs have become lately.

back to shoes, i'm digging these handmade lace-ups by this new small company Ina Grau

Left and middle are classy, one on the right is straight out of an Ellis Island sepia memory.

I also liked them cream heels with the chocolate drizzle in your wardrobe shot.

But I am a bassist, what do I know?

SIRUS said:
    what is the female equivalent of the male hipster beard?

grandma glasses?

Even though I couldn't or wouldnt wear most of the stuff on her site, i love Jayne Min's personal style.

Stop It Right Now

the ones on the left are tops. i love that orangey shade of red so much that i've hardly deviated from that nail color in the last 5 years or so.