NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• It'll be interesting to see who the coaches pick for the bench.

If Nash gets the vote @ PG:

AI - Shooting Guard
    CP3 - YES
    D. Williams - YES
    Parker - Shoe IN
    B. Diddy - YES
    Bibby - Injured & NO
    Arguably Kevin Martin - injured Shooting guard

East if Kidd gets the vote:

Billups - Shoe IN
    Hinrich - NO
    Starbury - HELLS TO THE NO
    Andre Miller (personal bias, would never happen though) NO

JAMAL TINSLEY BITCHES. DO THE MATH.

Hasn't Kevin Martin been playing the point when Bibby is out though? Anyway, Bibby and Martin don't have a chance, I just put them on there because they are talented enough to be all stars, just not right now. Same with Starbury and Hinrich. Miller is just a personal fave. There's not shit for point guards in the east. AI, CP3, Williams, Parker, Davis are all easily better choices in the west over the Kings guards.

Jamaal Tinsley>Jameer Nelson but not by much

• I have a xmas gift to bestow upon the board. And yuichi, I know we argue and you don't like me, but I gotta say thanks because you provide a lot of entertainment.

And I know this trademarked phrase was coined outside of the NBA thread, but it still seems appropriate. My first shot at graemlin creation:

• It was a bad call, but HOMECOURT ADVANTAGE..............

ehhh. he had the ball, but i don't know if its kosher to barrel someone over in order to get it.

someone needs to explain "Leboring" to me. are you not entertained?

• If Boobie weighed as much as Fisher, Fisher would have been laid out. Gibson got the call cuz he's skinny like Rondo and flew to the ground like a rag doll. Fisher was positioned and jumped striaght up for the rebound, even got 2 hands on the ball. Boobie just bounced off him.

• If Boobie weighed as much as Fisher, Fisher would have been laid out. Gibson got the call cuz he's skinny like Rondo and flew to the ground like a rag doll. Fisher was positioned and jumped striaght up for the rebound, even got 2 hands on the ball. Boobie just bounced off him.

no way he jumped "straight up". not like it mattered, they were gonna take an L anyway.

• Yeah, not straight up, but Gibson jumped more into him than he did into Gibson.

You don't think they could have got the ball to Kobe for a deuce? Coulda gone OT.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

U have low standards if u think 4 dudes watching one dude save their asses for 48 minutes is entertaining.

• someone needs to explain "Leboring" to me. are you not entertained?

U have low standards if u think 4 dudes watching one dude save their asses for 48 minutes is entertaining.

yes, it is.

• Oh boy here we go again...

Jordan>Lebron

Jordan's Team>Lebron's Team

• holy crap. This win streak is a godsend to the long suffering NBA fans in the state of Oregon.

yes, it is.

Triangle Offense -

The goal of the offense is to fill those five spots, which creates good spacing between players and allows each one to pass to four teammates. Every pass and cut has a purpose and everything is dictated by the defense.

Mike Brown = Phil Jackson????

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

holy crap. This win streak is a godsend to the long suffering NBA fans in the state of Oregon.
    people watch basketball up there?

b/w

seriously. after the olden fiasco, everyone just stopped paying attention. it's nice to see a team regroup and play some serious ball after all that.

i wish a team like atlanta or memphis could have the same luck. memphis has a mangina of a "star" player sitting on the bench in a suit, (well, he went 4-14 on his return vs. the pistons. maybe he's better in a suit) and atlanta has a new york level management mess without the sexual harassment.

Ive paid attention to the TrailBlazers but winning streaks in Nov/Dec by formerly bad teams or teams expected to go deep into the Post Season doesnt really impress me.

Nate McMillian early Coach Of The Year honors so far.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I listened to an ESPN radio interview yesterday. The dude is a class act, fo real.
    Member when Flip Murray went from virtual unknown to baller overnight (although he has gotten off most people's radar again) with the Sonics, under McMillian.

Talk about turning around a franchise. The dude does it well.

I listened to an ESPN radio interview yesterday. The dude is a class act, fo real.
    Member when Flip Murray went from virtual unknown to baller overnight (although he has gotten off most people's radar again) with the Sonics, under McMillian.

Now he has to get deep into the playoffs.

• Ive paid attention to the TrailBlazers but winning streaks in Nov/Dec by formerly bad teams or teams expected to go deep into the Post Season doesnt really impress me.

Its just nice going to games or watching games and not expecting to lose. This streak probably doesn't mean much in the big picture of league standings or maybe even later in the season, but it is really refreshing for the hometown fans. Now we are all pulling for the coaches to put Brandon Roy on the all-star team.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Now he has to get deep into the playoffs.

yup.

Now we are all pulling for the coaches to put Brandon Roy on the all-star team.

Isnt that a little much?

Dude is playing very well, but its been only 27 games into the season. And if i recall he didnt play the entire season last year. Wasnt he out during the latter half? And if so, what are you judging by?

Then again it would be good look in terms of exposure. Im getting sick of the usual suspect in the L.

• Now we are all pulling for the coaches to put Brandon Roy on the all-star team.

Isnt that a little much?

Dude is playing very well, but its been only 27 games into the season. And if i recall he didnt play the entire season last year. Wasnt he out during the latter half? And if so, what are you judging by?

Then again it would be good look in terms of exposure. Im getting sick of the usual suspect in the L.

Well, he has been averaging about 19, 5, and 6; but more importantly he has been putting the team on his back in the fourth quarter, handling the ball and hitting the right open man or scoring against double teams. I can see the coaches voting for a guy like him who does so many little things as opposed to a guy who is averaging 26 points a game but whose team is losing. A lot would depend on the Blazers maintaining their winning ways for the next few weeks.

Now we are all pulling for the coaches to put Brandon Roy on the all-star team.

Isnt that a little much?

Well, he has been averaging about 19, 5, and 6; but more importantly he has been putting the team on his back in the fourth quarter, handling the ball and hitting the right open man or scoring against double teams. I can see the coaches voting for a guy like him who does so many little things as opposed to a guy who is averaging 26 points a game but whose team is losing. A lot would depend on the Blazers maintaining their winning ways for the next few weeks.

WEST GUARDS (24)
    Leandro Barbosa, Phoenix
    Raja Bell, Phoenix
    Mike Bibby, Sacramento
    Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers
    Baron Davis, Golden State
    Monta Ellis, Golden State
    Michael Finley, San Antonio
    Randy Foye, Minnesota
    Manu Ginobili, San Antonio
    Allen Iverson, Denver
    Jarrett Jack, Portland
    Stephen Jackson, Golden State
    Kevin Martin, Sacramento
    Tracy McGrady, Houston
    Cuttino Mobley, LA Clippers
    Steve Nash, Phoenix
    Tony Parker, San Antonio
    Chris Paul, New Orleans
    Luke Ridnour, Seattle
    Brandon Roy, Portland
    Jerry Stackhouse, Dallas
    Jason Terry, Dallas
    Antoine Walker, Minnesota
    Deron Williams, Utah

I just cant place someone in the game for only One month of spectacular play.

• Now we are all pulling for the coaches to put Brandon Roy on the all-star team.

Isnt that a little much?

WEST GUARDS[/b] (24)
    Leandro Barbosa, Phoenix
    Raja Bell, Phoenix
    Mike Bibby, Sacramento
    Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers
    Michael Finley, San Antonio
    Randy Foye, Minnesota
    Allen Iverson, Denver
    Jarrett Jack, Portland
    Kevin Martin, Sacramento
    Tracy McGrady, Houston
    Cuttino Mobley, LA Clippers
    Steve Nash, Phoenix
    Tony Parker, San Antonio
    Chris Paul, New Orleans
    Luke Ridnour, Seattle
    Brandon Roy, Portland
    Jerry Stackhouse, Dallas
    Jason Terry, Dallas
    Antoine Walker, Minnesota[/b]
    Deron Williams, Utah

I just cant place someone in the game for only One month of spectacular play.

ok did yuichi compile this list or what

• Most of these guys aren't even close to all-star:

WEST GUARDS (24)
    Leandro Barbosa, Phoenix -pure scorer, no
    Raja Bell, Phoenix -not even close
    Mike Bibby, Sacramento -hasn't played all year
    Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers -all star starter
    Baron Davis, Golden State -yes
    Monta Ellis, Golden State -one-dimensional scorer
    Michael Finley, San Antonio -50 years old
    Randy Foye, Minnesota -work in progress on a horrible team
    Manu Ginobili, San Antonio -yes
    Allen Iverson, Denver -shoe-in
    Jarrett Jack, Portland -are you kidding?
    Stephen Jackson, Golden State -on the bubble
    Kevin Martin, Sacramento -see Montae Ellis
    Tracy McGrady, Houston -yes
    Cuttino Mobley, LA Clippers -50 year old one-dimensional scorer
    Steve Nash, Phoenix -yes
    Tony Parker, San Antonio -yes
    Chris Paul, New Orleans -hell yes
    Luke Ridnour, Seattle -see Jarrett Jack
    Brandon Roy, Portland -on the bubble
    Jerry Stackhouse, Dallas -see Michael Finley
    Jason Terry, Dallas -marginal chance
    Antoine Walker, Minnesota -this guy is a guard?
    Deron Williams, Utah -yes, but in a slump

I don't know how many guard slots are available, but I see Roy as a more viable prospect than many of the players on this list.

WEST GUARDS[/b] (24)
    Leandro Barbosa, Phoenix
    Raja Bell, Phoenix NO
    Mike Bibby, Sacramento NO
    Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers
    Michael Finley, San Antonio NO
    Randy Foye, Minnesota NO
    Allen Iverson, Denver
    Jarrett Jack, Portland NO
    Kevin Martin, Sacramento NO
    Tracy McGrady, Houston
    Cuttino Mobley, LA Clippers NO
    Steve Nash, Phoenix
    Tony Parker, San Antonio
    Chris Paul, New Orleans
    Luke Ridnour, Seattle NO
    Brandon Roy, Portland
    Jerry Stackhouse, Dallas NO
    Jason Terry, Dallas NO
    Antoine Walker, Minnesota NO
    Deron Williams, Utah

ok did yuichi compile this list or what

Popularity Contest dude. Its not about facts.

Most of these guys aren't even close to all-star:

WEST GUARDS (24)
    Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers -all star starter
    Baron Davis, Golden State -yes
    Manu Ginobili, San Antonio -yes
    Allen Iverson, Denver -shoe-in
    Stephen Jackson - Dubs
    Tracy McGrady, Houston -yes
    Steve Nash, Phoenix -yes
    Tony Parker, San Antonio -yes
    Chris Paul, New Orleans -hell yes
    Brandon Roy, Portland -on the bubble
    Deron Williams, Utah -yes, but in a slump

I don't know how many guard slots are available, but I see Roy as a more viable prospect than many of the players on this list.

When Jackson returned to the Dubs they went on their streak.

Who is Roy knockin off this list?

• Coaches would easily vote in Roy over S-Jax.

• Popularity Contest dude. Its not about facts.

toine is a guard now ?

Coaches would easily vote in Roy over S-Jax.

Paging Maru/Motown67............

Jackson is 20/4.9/4ass w/ 1.58 stl

Roy is 19/4.4/5.6ass w/ 1.00 stl

Who is more important to his team? And dont overlook Jackson's defense and swagger to the DUBS, even though Davis would probably get the majority vote.

Popularity Contest dude. Its not about facts.

toine is a guard now ?

Check the NBA. I lifted this. We all know he's a Fat Small Forward playing PF now.

Ps... Dude went 6-10 from 3 against the Pacers last night.

• Coaches would easily vote in Roy over S-Jax.

Who is more important to his team? And dont overlook Jackson's defense and swagger to the DUBS, even though Davis would probably get the majority vote.

Coaches would rather have Roy on their team than S-Jax. "Popularity Contest dude"

Coaches would easily vote in Roy over S-Jax.

Coaches would rather have Roy on their team than S-Jax. "Popularity Contest dude"

I agree there.