NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
BATMON - Indiana PacersMVP - Carmelo AnthonyROY - Corey Brewer........:pRings - Denver NuggetsDark Horse - San Antonio Spurs....... Dont Sleep - New Orleans HornetsOverhyped - Chicago BullsWhatever - LeBoring & Them

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    JimBeam - Liberated Fandom / Cop-out
    MVP - LeBoring

ROY - I can't bench 180

Rings - Phoenix

Dark Horse - Mr. Deng and the Overhyped Bulls

Dont Sleep - Bobcats/W's

Overhyped - Seattle

Whatever - Deeeeeeeee-troit Basket-baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawll

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Overhyped - Seattle

• Damn. I was really hoping there'd be something about "swagger" in this year's thread title.

• MVP - Carmelo Anthony

Rings - Denver Nuggets

I HOPE YOU'RE RIGHT!

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

Rings - San Antonio Spurs

Dark Horse - San Antonio Spurs

BATMON -

Overhyped - Seattle

specifically: the rookie. kid can light it up, but I think he's becoming the object of "the next coming of jordan" in some circles, (check the MSN pundits, then again, therein might lie the problem...), and I am not seeing it.

Overhyped - Seattle

specifically: the rookie. kid can light it up, but I think he's becoming the object of "the next coming of jordan" in some circles, (check the MSN pundits, then again, therein might lie the problem...), and I am not seeing it.

Ive read that Jeff Green will actually be the more consistant player.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Yuichi aka Basketball Scientist aka thug nasty - Los Angeles Lakers, possibly Chicago Bulls

MVP - The Canadian (almost by default); Kobe (if he goes East); KG (nuff said)

ROY - Kevin Durant

Rings - Mavs

Dark Horse - Utah Jazz

Dont Sleep - Toronto Raptors

Overhyped - Cleveland Cavaliers

Whatever - Los Angeles Lakers

Let`s go.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    aka thug nasty

wow

• GP - Mavs all day baby

MVP - Gil Arenas

ROY - KD tha Kid

Rings - San Antonio Spurs

Dark Horse - LaLa Lakers

Dont Sleep - BRANDON BASS

Overhyped - Dallas Mavs

Whatever - San Antonio and People who don't appreciate 'Bron

aka thug nasty

wow [/b]

aka thug nasty

wow

Dennis Rodman would be off to a better start coming off the bench without his exercise bike.

aka thug nasty

wow

Dennis Rodman would be off to a better start coming off the bench without his exercise bike.

"thug nasty" tatted on the belly/proves you lost already

• By the way...

G_Balliando - DENVER NUGGETS

MVP - Carmelo Anthony (COSIGN!)

ROY - Al Horford? Durant?

Rings - Denver Nuggets (COSIGN AGAIN, FUCK YEAH!)

Dont Sleep - Atlanta. Nice young squad, a couple nice rooks, they should be much better this year

Overhyped - Celtics. I think they'll be good, I'm excited to see 'em, but I don't think they'll be champ contenders this season. Maybe next season.

Whatever - Dallas. GET YOUR SWAGGER BACK.

PS - REP YOUR OPPOSITE CONFERENCE TEAM. I am riding for the Bulls again, overhyped or not! Fuck Skiles but go Bulls!

PS - REP YOUR OPPOSITE CONFERENCE TEAM. I am riding for the Bulls again, overhyped or not! Fuck Skiles but go Bulls![/b]
    bulls: YES.
    also: C's- the most redeeming thing from this whole Celtics story to me is that Paul Pierce may finally obtain some measure of true success. AWESOME.

Wizards, more importantly: CARON BUTLER. Cannot wait to see dude go off this year. Gil's entertaining and all, but I enjoy seeing players like Butler succeed.

them Cats: JRich. Why must I cry? Please don't turn into T-Mac. I cry enough for that fool already. Morrison is out (of the way) for the season. It'll be you and Wallace running shit out there. Maybe you can toss a dime to May once in a while, I don't really care if you do or not. Carryin' that squad. Make me proud. I hope you get a standing ovation when you come to play the dubs in oakland.

New York: Keep me entertained. Keep losing games.

edit: nevermind about may. i forgot. fuck it. change to Okafor. yeah. get Oak a couple good looks on a kickout 15 ft. jumper just to fuck around. Other than that, it's JRich and Wallace. Yikes.

Wizards, more importantly: CARON BUTLER. Cannot wait to see dude go off this year. Gil's entertaining and all, but I enjoy seeing players like Butler succeed.

The dude is a soldier with allstar potential.

Uh, dude, he was an allstar this year.

Uh, dude, he was an allstar this year.

Oh okay, good.

• REP YOUR OPPOSITE CONFERENCE TEAM.

Raptors

ESPN says the next 48 hrs will be crucial for the Bulls and Lakers, who are in increased trade talk. I'm not too familiar with contractual things in the league. My understanding is that Kobe can opt out of his contract in 2 years in the summer of '09 (making him a free agent), and the Lakers may not get anything in return, so rather than do that, they'd obviously want to get something in return before that.

" One source" is stated to have said that the Bulls do not perceive Luol Deng to be as untouchable as the media reports. The league contract extension deadline is on Wednesday and the Bulls can give Deng and Ben Gordon a deal that would significantly make the Kobe trade difficult.

Furthermore, Kobe has the only no-trade clause in the league, which makes matters worse. Both teams can agree to a deal, and if KB don't like it, he can veto it. This is like playing Jenga with multi-million dollar wood blocks.

Buss (es) stop being greedy. The Lakers can attract crowds, with or without Bryant.

Is this about right?

My fists are clenched, palms are sweaty, and remote is gripped up.

• Where's Cavs fan? What's the deal w/ Varejao and Pavlovic? Doesn't sound promising.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    ESPN says the next 48 hrs will be crucial for the Bulls and Lakers, who are in increased trade talk. I'm not too familiar with contractual things in the league. My understanding is that Kobe can opt out of his contract in 2 years in the summer of '09 (making him a free agent), and the Lakers may not get anything in return, so rather than do that, they'd obviously want to get something in return before that.

" One source" is stated to have said that the Bulls do not perceive Luol Deng to be as untouchable as the media reports. The league contract extension deadline is on Wednesday and the Bulls can give Deng and Ben Gordon a deal that would significantly make the Kobe trade difficult.

Furthermore, Kobe has the only no-trade clause in the league, which makes matters worse. Both teams can agree to a deal, and if KB don't like it, he can veto it. This is like playing Jenga with multi-million dollar wood blocks.

Buss (es) stop being greedy. The Lakers can attract crowds, with or without Bryant.

Is this about right?

I cannot recall a time in NBA history when a player will effectively have both sides of his own trade talks in his thrall. He'll never settle for a deal that decimates the Bulls, and Paxson is known for his stinginess. Kobe or not, this is firmly in the Bulls' favor.

Skiles + Bryant = 50 and KanYe. Respectfully.

My 2??: Kobe isn't going anywhere this year. I'd be okay with Duhon, Wallace, Nocioni (sigh), and Noah gone in a swap, but that'll never happen.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rockadelic - Mavs

MVP - Amare

ROY - Kevin Durant

Rings - Mavs

Dark Horse - Jazz

Dont Sleep - Portland

Overhyped - Celtics / Yi

Whatever - Lakers/Knicks

K.O.B.E. for Agent 0?

K.O.B.E. for Agent 0?

Chicago uni is a winner, but wouldn't mind seeing Kobo with Caron again.

K.O.B.E. for Agent 0?

Chicago uni is a winner, but wouldn't mind seeing Kobo with Caron again.

This is some wierd shit. There isnt a team where he could go that wouldnt get gutted and be on the same level, if not worse that the Lakers.

There isnt a team where he could go that wouldnt get gutted and be on the same level, if not worse that the Lakers.
    EXACTLY. Kobe will dead all those deals.
    There will be no Kobe trade this year and if I see one more speculation article or get another email or IM at work about "GARY PAYTON RETURNS + DWAYNE WADES REMOVED KNEE CARTILAGE + BRAD MILLER INTO FORCED MICROFRACTURE SURGERY FOR KOBE TO THE D-LEAGUE???" I'm going to throw my stupid computer through the damned window and go on a NBA-blogger killing spree.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Mylatency - SUNS

MVP - AMARE (and you know this Rockadelic!!!!)

ROY - DJ Strawberry

Rings - SUNS / CELTICS

Dark Horse - ?

Dont Sleep - Warriors

Overhyped - KOBE TRADE (unless he gets to go the SUNS of course, which means Nash, Amare, and Kobe will dominate for like 3 years straight)

Whatever - Clippers

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Dark Horse - Jazz

Weren't they in the Conference finals last year ?