NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Excellent interview with Ron Artest.

Seriously worth your time.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    K.O.B.E. is goona be in Haarlem signin autographs at the HoopsHype/Foot Locker store on Saturday. He'll be promoting his new Kobe Zoom 3. They look off the chain - on some ole Spider-Man steez. I fox w/ it.
    Ill be at work,may Faux Rillz can get some camera phone shots for me?

K.O.B.E. is goona be in Haarlem signin autographs at the HoopsHype/Foot Locker store on Saturday. He'll be promoting his new Kobe Zoom 3. They look off the chain - on some ole Spider-Man steez. I fox w/ it.
    Ill be at work,may Faux Rillz can get some camera phone shots for me?

Unfortunately, I'll be in Atlanta...

So who do you think is the most under-rated player(s).

Kevin Martin - Leading scorer for his team
    Leandro Barbosa - Six Man votes
    Rudy Gay - real heads know. The thing w/ Gay is dude is mad versatile. Can play 2/3/and tha 4 spots.
    Danny Granger - started out strong this year, but has been sputtering.

I think dudes like Kleiza and Pavlovic are guys that come off the bench and help fortify their respective teams second unit. The starting fives on most teams get mad love from the media.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Rudy Gay - real heads know. The thing w/ Gay is dude is mad versatile. Can play 2/3/and tha 4 spots.

I think dudes like Kleiza and Pavlovic are guys that come off the bench and help fortify their respective teams second unit. The starting fives on most teams get mad love from the media.

Juan Carlos Navarro on the Grizzlies is another sleeper who can fill the stat sheet in most every category.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Excellent interview with Ron Artest.

Seriously worth your time.

I've always been a St. Johns fan and I like Ron's game and his personality. Dude is down to earth, gives back to the community and even worked one summer at the local Best Buy where he grew up just for the hell of it even though he is a millionaire.

I think he gets a bad rap and the whole fight incident was blown way out of proportion.

That being said, he says some pretty dumb shit in that interview, starting with "I'm a top 7 player in the league"....never was, never will be.

Juan Carlos Navarro on the Grizzlies is another sleeper who can fill the stat sheet in most every category.

Dude is better than TJ Ford...IMO

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Boston/Detroit was a good ole East Coast Slow Grinder.

Detroit's Bench > Boston's Bench

Phoenix/Dallas........whatever. Same ole story. Grant Hill's Dunk............

I'm really hoping the Pistons and Celtics meet sometime in the playoffs. I can see Boston ripping through 60+ wins this season and hitting the brick will that is Detroit in the playoffs a la Dallas/GS last year (sorry GP). Dudes at the bar last night were all "Boston's going to the finals" and me and my homeboy were asking any of them if they had $50 on it and they all shut up. This was before Boston lost the game.

Boston should be alright down the line, but muthafuckas placing them in the Finals after 20+ games is some real silly shit. The bandwagon mentality is fuckin stupid. These cats werent even seeing Boston last year or how theyve been doing under Doc Rivers. That's an example of a basketball fan who probably doesnt have any alligiance to any team and hops on whomever is hot. All those overnight Miami Heat fans are nowhere to be found. There's a whole alot more to winning the whole shit than adding two All-Stars.

I was excited for Rondo last night after his initial outburst, then dude just slid back into regular mode.

You just sound all salty because of the hype over the Celts. You don't think there are any legit reasons to think that they could go the Finals? You don't think a "real" basketball fan could watch them and see the moves that they've made and the record that they are amassing right now and think that they are legit?

I like what I see. The new players seem to be meshing well. The East is still weak after all the summer moves and non moves. I would give them a chance to go to the Finals.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Just chose my Allstar Starters:

WEST

F-Tim Duncan
    F-Al Harrington
    G-Kobe Bryant
    G-Kevin Martin
    C-Amare Stoudamire

EAST

F-Lebron James
    F-Kevin Garnett
    G-Ray Allen
    G-Andre Iguodala
    C-Dwight Howard

Al Harrington. That's cool, but if you wanted to ride for a cat that's doesnt get much fanfare I woulda went with Boozer.

Andre Iguodala isnt have an AllStar season so far.

Kevin Martin is injured.

Would u have voted for Allen last year when he was on the Supersonics?

I would luv Booz on my team. But i wouldn't pay to see him in an Allstar game. In the public's eye, he's the second most boring player behind TD.

After Ray Allen, there's no clearcut winners at the forward position in the East. I am halfway on the Boston bandwagon. In Seattle, he was ballin'. But his team sucked. He is twice as effective in Boston because he got KG and PP. I give him the nod because he's thriving under these new (better) circumstances.

• That being said, he says some pretty dumb shit in that interview, starting with "I'm a top 7 player in the league"....never was, never will be.

Haha, I thought the same thing. He is a little conceited in the interview, otherwise a good read and he seems like a good dude.

• Boston/Detroit was a good ole East Coast Slow Grinder.

Detroit's Bench > Boston's Bench

Phoenix/Dallas........whatever. Same ole story. Grant Hill's Dunk............

I'm really hoping the Pistons and Celtics meet sometime in the playoffs. I can see Boston ripping through 60+ wins this season and hitting the brick will that is Detroit in the playoffs a la Dallas/GS last year (sorry GP). Dudes at the bar last night were all "Boston's going to the finals" and me and my homeboy were asking any of them if they had $50 on it and they all shut up. This was before Boston lost the game.

Boston should be alright down the line, but muthafuckas placing them in the Finals after 20+ games is some real silly shit. The bandwagon mentality is fuckin stupid. These cats werent even seeing Boston last year or how theyve been doing under Doc Rivers. That's an example of a basketball fan who probably doesnt have any alligiance to any team and hops on whomever is hot. All those overnight Miami Heat fans are nowhere to be found. There's a whole alot more to winning the whole shit than adding two All-Stars.

I was excited for Rondo last night after his initial outburst, then dude just slid back into regular mode.

You just sound all salty because of the hype over the Celts. You don't think there are any legit reasons to think that they could go the Finals? You don't think a "real" basketball fan could watch them and see the moves that they've made and the record that they are amassing right now and think that they are legit?

They seem legit, they could go to the finals. So could Orlando, Detroit, Cleveland, etc. However, I can't help but revisit last year's 67-15 Dallas team. Until I see Boston in the bracket, I personally don't believe the hype. I'm not against it though, I think a Boston/San Antonio final would be fun to watch. I just think there's a good chance that it will be 2 different teams going at it this year. Too much talent in the league and too early to make serious bets. (Sorry, I know you weren't talking to me... )

That being said, he says some pretty dumb shit in that interview, starting with "I'm a top 7 player in the league"....never was, never will be.

Haha, I thought the same thing. He is a little conceited in the interview, otherwise a good read and he seems like a good dude.

NYC Swagger to the fullest.

Check Starbury for same shit.

• After Ray Allen, there's no clearcut winners at the forward position in the East.

Ray Allen is a Guard, not a Forward.

Top forwards in the east:

Obvious:

KG
    Bosh
    Lebron

Not so obvious:

Butler
    Deng
    Josh Smith

If you're talking about guards, I agree that it's kind of a toss up, but I'd pick Kidd and Arenas (even though he's been out) before Allen. I'd take Allen off the bench for the East squad though. Wade has to be in the mix too, but his surgeries/injuries just make him easy to ignore this season.

After Ray Allen, there's no clearcut winners at the forward position in the East.

Obvious:
    KG
    Bosh
    Lebron
    Not so obvious:
    Butler
    Deng
    Josh Smith
    If you're talking about guards, I agree that it's kind of a toss up, but I'd pick Kidd and Arenas (even though he's been out) before Allen. I'd take Allen off the bench for the East squad though. Wade has to be in the mix too, but his surgeries/injuries just make him easy to ignore this season.

Guards -

Redd
    J.Johnson

• Yup, I was gonna do Obv. vs. Not So Obv. with east guards, but there's a lot of popular guards out there. I would say Joe Johnson is probably the most slept on guard in the east. Redd can shoot the lights out.

After Ray Allen, there's no clearcut winners at the forward position in the East.

Obvious:

KG
    Bosh
    Lebron

Not so obvious:

Butler
    Deng
    Josh Smith

Butler is killing it--he had his second triple-double of the season last night.

And Kidd is a little more than a rebound shy of averaging a triple-double.

Arenas only played eight games and I'd be surprised if he made it back this season, so he's tough to justify.

I would say Joe Johnson is probably the most slept on guard in the east.

He not slept on. Dude is the highest scorer on a HotLanta team.

Not promoted by the NBA like Wade/LeBoring/and them yes.

Shooting guard. But he was categorized under forwards for some reason. Don't watch me, watch TV.

Dude, nobody cares about Atlanta. And I'm from there.

Weak.

Haha....

All it takes is winning, which bring attention to places like Green Bay Wisconson.

• Ray Allen is a Guard, not a Forward.

Shooting guard. But he was categorized under forwards for some reason. Don't watch me, watch TV.

Shooting guard = guard.

Allstar ballot has him as a Guard.

TELEPATHY POWERS ARE WEAKENING, EAT YO WHEATIES.

lol

Weak.

What do you think you're commenting on?

And how would you know how engaged people in Atlanta are by their basketball franchise?

Do tell.

• After Ray Allen, there's no clearcut winners at the forward position in the East.

Obvious:

KG
    Bosh
    Lebron

Not so obvious:

Butler
    Deng
    Josh Smith

Butler is killing it--he had his second triple-double of the season last night.

And Kidd is a little more than a rebound shy of averaging a triple-double.

Arenas only played eight games and I'd be surprised if he made it back this season, so he's tough to justify.

I didn't realize his injury was that bad, so I will take him out the mix and add Mr. Big Shot.

Weak.

And how would you know how engaged people in Atlanta are by their basketball franchise?

Do tell.

My bad. I guess it's only natural that you had to adapt to a newer form of fandom, because your team sucks. I can't blame you guys.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Weak.

Do tell.

Isn't Atlanta just not a good sports city??

They don't seem to support any of their pro teams.

My brother has a business in Atlanta and a few years back the local NHL team's players were trying to SELL SEASON TICKETS DOOR TO DOOR!!!!!!!

• That's the NHL though.

Weak.

Do tell.

Isn't Atlanta just not a good sports city??

They don't seem to support any of their pro teams.

My brother has a business in Atlanta and a few years back the local NHL team's players were trying to SELL SEASON TICKETS DOOR TO DOOR!!!!!!!

I think people in the surrounding suburbs might be into the Braves.

That's the NHL though.

Stay out, you don't belong.