NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

19495969798100»

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    sorry warriors

And the Warriors now are a footnote in NBA history: the winningest team not to make the postseason since the league expanded the playoffs to 16 teams in 1983-84

Nelson has a lot to answer for IMO.

Blame the owners of most of the Eastern Conference teams....they won't pay for talent and as a result it's all in the West.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    picks at the end of the draft, which are almost always crap shots.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Would have to adjust his game in another system + could he run the point?
    Lucky to play next to Baron Davis.

The epitome of Streaky. Intangibles...Swagger like a muthafucka w/out the chest pounding. Good defender that isnt asked to use those skills in Nelly's system.

My dude, but needs to play w/ a dominant post player. Cant really play SF or PF.

Muthafuckin Nelly had this dude playin at the 4 which speaks volumes of moneys skills, but then again Nelly doesnt think in terms of 1 thru 5 in tha traditional sense.

I was really hopin to see a healthy Old Webber be that 25 minute per game Big Man contribute when they needed to slow down in the playoffs.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    New Orleans @ Dallas tonight! Big game. They will see each other in the first round, if Dallas wins.

If Dallas loses, Denver moves up to the 7th spot and plays NO. Lakers play Dallas! (Rockadelic, put that jersey up!!!)

• New Orleans @ Dallas tonight! Big game. They will see each other in the first round, if Dallas wins.

If Dallas loses, Denver moves up to the 7th spot and plays NO. Lakers play Dallas! (Rockadelic, put that jersey up!!!)

The biggest. A reg season game that MEANS SCHITT.

Not tryna see the Lakers yet. We need the "W". Can't wait til 6.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

- Debate between Obama and Clonton

- Top Chef

- Roundball

Decisions, decisions to make

- Debate between Obama and Clonton
    - Roundball
    Decisions, decisions to make

Screen w/in Screen mode

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Monta Ellis was a 2nd round draft pick, 40th overall. When I said at the end of the draft I meant the end of the first round, which is what Memphis is going to get from their trade with the Lakers. The vast majority of 2nd rounders don't even make the NBA.

Stephen Jackson was also a 2nd rounder, 43rd overall.

Al Harrington on the other hand was a late 1st rounder at #25.

Azubuike went undrafted.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Would have to adjust his game in another system + could he run the point?
    Lucky to play next to Baron Davis.

The epitome of Streaky. Intangibles...Swagger like a muthafucka w/out the chest pounding. Good defender that isnt asked to use those skills in Nelly's system.

My dude, but needs to play w/ a dominant post player. Cant really play SF or PF.

Muthafuckin Nelly had this dude playin at the 4 which speaks volumes of moneys skills, but then again Nelly doesnt think in terms of 1 thru 5 in tha traditional sense.

I was really hopin to see a healthy Old Webber be that 25 minute per game Big Man contribute when they needed to slow down in the playoffs.

Batmon you are partially misinformed.

1) Ellis - He's not going to be a point guard, and you're right, he's lucky he gets to play alongside Davis. If he played for another team he'd be the 3rd guard off the bench to bring scoring, and that's what he does best. He has developed his passing skills though, but it's the drive and dish type, not a real point guard, floor vision, etc.

2) Nellie has put Jackson on the best offensive players usually, so his defensive skills have been used. He's also key to the trapping, switching on picks, and playing the passing lanes gambling defense that Nellie often uses. Jackson also initiates the offense on some plays, so Nellie also uses his passing as a point forward. Plus he's one of the team leaders.

3) Azubuike didn't play power forward. He came in at the 2 or 3 off the bench. Perhaps you're thinking of Pietrus that got played at the PF spot at the beginning of the season because Jackson was suspended for 7 games and Nellie decided to go super small until he returned.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

do I hear some radiohead in the background?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Dayton_and_Valerie_Faris

^^^Those commercials are directed by this husband and wife duo, best known for Lil' Miss Sunshine

"Batmon you are partially misinformed.

1) Ellis - He's not going to be a point guard, and you're right, he's lucky he gets to play alongside Davis. If he played for another team he'd be the 3rd guard off the bench to bring scoring, and that's what he does best. He has developed his passing skills though, but it's the drive and dish type, not a real point guard, floor vision, etc."

--No doubt.

"2) Nellie has put Jackson on the best offensive players usually, so his defensive skills have been used. He's also key to the trapping, switching on picks, and playing the passing lanes gambling defense that Nellie often uses. Jackson also initiates the offense on some plays, so Nellie also uses his passing as a point forward. Plus he's one of the team leaders."

-- As a Pacer fan I know Jackson's game and what he's doing in GS. I wasnt clear enuff. Yes, he all those things u mentioned, but because Nelson isnt committed to playing TEAM defense, Jackson isnt maximizing his defensive prowess as he once did w/ the Spurs and along side Artest in Indiana.

"3) Azubuike didn't play power forward. He came in at the 2 or 3 off the bench. Perhaps you're thinking of Pietrus that got played at the PF spot at the beginning of the season because Jackson was suspended for 7 games and Nellie decided to go super small until he returned."

--Azibuike isnt a power forward, but for two games in the last month he was in the starting lineup, and was listed at the 4 spot alongside either Biendris or maybe Harrington. Trust me. It was a Fantasy Basketball - WTF? I can find the box score if u dont believe me.

THE PLAYOFFS HAVE ALREADY BEGUN

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    So which one of these teams is playing the role of spoiler?

Will there be any surprises in the East 1st round?

THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY DEAD.

PLEASE REPORT TO THE PLAYOFF THREAD............

Jarrett Jack is a punk, he tried to start a fight with Brian Skinner. Maybe Jarrett doesn't like bonde goatees, LULZ

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Jarrett Jack is a punk, he tried to start a fight with Brian Skinner. Maybe Jarrett doesn't like bonde goatees, LULZ

If I remember correctly Skinner was a Blazer for a spell last season or maybe the season before. Maybe there is bad blood from then. Jack says Skinner hit him in the face and he just stood up for himself.

• Last post here then I'll report to the Playoff thread.

Mavs pulled some shit out of their ass last night. We needed that one. Brandon Bass was killin' it!!!! Mavs need to make sure and sign that dude up.