NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• holy s**tballs, its the Blazers again.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Dallas just squeaked one out over Phoenix. It looks like they're still looking for the right chemistry on offense. Dirk is posting up more, which is a good look though.

• That game was more than

What more can you want out of a December game besides entertainment?

Erick Dampier!

That game was more than

What more can you want out of a December game besides entertainment?

Erick Dampier!

Just saying, wouldn't be happy if I were Avery Johnson, as to how they won the game. Trust, I am still rooting for Dallas though. I really really liked their philosophy last year. Broke it down like this. Comment bitches! Mavs

• And the refs sucked.

You were watching, huh?

Seriously - both teams were livid with the refs.

Celtics lost though because they let the Pistons
    dictate the style of play, and went slow and ticky
    tacky instead of attacking, which is their strength.

definitely the most entertaining game of the year thus far for me. if the refs sucked, they sucked both ways.

chauncey was like a snake in the grass all game: "ok, young rondo - you can get yours in the 1st quarter...meanwhile i'll get mine in the 4th, when it matters, and when your coaches will take you out because you can't defend me...even though it might have been a mistake on doc's part to put in a cold defender at the very end of a hot, tightyly-contested game."

we might've also seen how the pistons superior bench can be a huge boost in close games, let alone a 7-game series.

Boston was looking pretty damn aiite to me in the first half. Ofcourse, everyone was making their J's. Looks like things slowed down in the second though...

Bradon Bass kinda reminds me of Elton Brand. I like the kid. I think the faster he matures, the better off Dallas will be. What you say, Gene?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    what everyone should be talking about right now is:

holy shit, what a shot!!!

• Bradon Bass kinda reminds me of Elton Brand. I like the kid. I think the faster he matures, the better off Dallas will be. What you say, Gene?

I've been hollerin about B Bass since Summer League. If he'd played all four years in college he'd be a rookie this year. He's young and raw but super gifted and he's got a good mid-range game. Good athletic defender (he covered both T-Mac and Yao during Houston matchups.) The kid was SEC PotY as a Soph before becoming an early entrant. I think he has loads of potential and I like his game. Plus he went to LSU.

• Nice game at the half between Celts and Pistons ...

Chauncy Billups, meet Rajon Rondo

These refs are garbage, though.

Now watch out for that second half pull-away, Drewn!
    Ha! Chauncey to Rondo: "Sit down youngin'"

Pistons =

Nice finish. Boston has to beat these tough teams if they want their immaculate record to stand for something!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Boston/Detroit was a good ole East Coast Slow Grinder.

Detroit's Bench > Boston's Bench

Phoenix/Dallas........whatever. Same ole story. Grant Hill's Dunk............

• Boston/Detroit was a good ole East Coast Slow Grinder.

I'm really hoping the Pistons and Celtics meet sometime in the playoffs. I can see Boston ripping through 60+ wins this season and hitting the brick will that is Detroit in the playoffs a la Dallas/GS last year (sorry GP). Dudes at the bar last night were all "Boston's going to the finals" and me and my homeboy were asking any of them if they had $50 on it and they all shut up. This was before Boston lost the game.

Boston/Detroit was a good ole East Coast Slow Grinder.

I'm really hoping the Pistons and Celtics meet sometime in the playoffs. I can see Boston ripping through 60+ wins this season and hitting the brick will that is Detroit in the playoffs a la Dallas/GS last year (sorry GP). Dudes at the bar last night were all "Boston's going to the finals" and me and my homeboy were asking any of them if they had $50 on it and they all shut up. This was before Boston lost the game.

Boston should be alright down the line, but muthafuckas placing them in the Finals after 20+ games is some real silly shit. The bandwagon mentality is fuckin stupid. These cats werent even seeing Boston last year or how theyve been doing under Doc Rivers. That's an example of a basketball fan who probably doesnt have any alligiance to any team and hops on whomever is hot. All those overnight Miami Heat fans are nowhere to be found. There's a whole alot more to winning the whole shit than adding two All-Stars.

I was excited for Rondo last night after his initial outburst, then dude just slid back into regular mode.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Anybody checking for the Hawks right now? They've pretty quietly won 7/10. Anthony Johnson looks to be a great for them at guard, while the others are out, distributing the ball pretty damn well right now.

Just chose my Allstar Starters:

WEST

F-Tim Duncan
    F-Al Harrington
    G-Kobe Bryant
    G-Kevin Martin
    C-Amare Stoudamire

EAST

F-Lebron James
    F-Kevin Garnett
    G-Ray Allen
    G-Andre Iguodala
    C-Dwight Howard

Al Harrington. That's cool, but if you wanted to ride for a cat that's doesnt get much fanfare I woulda went with Boozer.

Andre Iguodala isnt have an AllStar season so far.

Kevin Martin is injured.

Would u have voted for Allen last year when he was on the Supersonics?

• Anybody checking for the Hawks right now? They've pretty quietly won 7/10. Anthony Johnson looks to be a great for them at guard, while the others are out, distributing the ball pretty damn well right now.

I wish I could be checking the Hawks but I don't have the LP. I saw a highlight last night of I believe Josh Smith dunking on somebody and that shit looked embarrassing. But yeah I like this young Hakws team a lot, they are going to be a tough team in a couple seasons if they stick together.

Is Acie Law starting at point guard yet?

Anybody checking for the Hawks right now? They've pretty quietly won 7/10. Anthony Johnson looks to be a great for them at guard, while the others are out, distributing the ball pretty damn well right now.

I wish I could be checking the Hawks but I don't have the LP. I saw a highlight last night of I believe Josh Smith dunking on somebody and that shit looked embarrassing. But yeah I like this young Hakws team a lot, they are going to be a tough team in a couple seasons if they stick together.

Is Acie Law starting at point guard yet?

No. A.J. is still running thangs.

Zo might be done.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Josh Smith may be the most under-rated player in the NBA

i wouldnt say most, but dude is a Monster's Monster.

The NBA has dropped the ball this year.

How mant times do I have to see Ming/Houston vs Suns/Spurs/Dallas.

I wanna see the upcomers like New Orleans/Atlanta/Milwaukee/Memphis

What I like about Josh are his numbers across the board..... blocks/steals/assists/boards....dude does it all.

So who do you think is the most under-rated player(s).

Kevin Martin
    Leandro Barbosa
    Rudy Gay
    Danny Granger

????????????????????

The kid Sean Williams in Jersey is really starting to play well.

He's from a suburb of Dallas called Mansfield and was the best big man in the area.

This year the best big man in the Dallas area is from a town called Duncanville.

He scored 23 and grabbed 16 boards last night against legendary H.S. team Oak Hill Academy.

His name.......

Shawn Williams!!

• Josh Smith may be the most under-rated player in the NBA

What I like about Josh are his numbers across the board..... blocks/steals/assists/boards....dude does it all.

So who do you think is the most under-rated player(s).

Kevin Martin
    Leandro Barbosa
    Rudy Gay
    Danny Granger

????????????????????

Re: Josh Smith, yeah I love that too. He can put up 5+ in every category on any given night. The guy is all over the court.

Out of who you listed, from what I've seen, I'd have ot say Rudy Gay. The kid is going to be slept on for a minute. Martin and Narbosa get a lot more recognition than Granger and Gay as it stands. Granger has been good from what I've seen, but I don't see enough of him to know. Anytime I catch a highlight of a Memphis game though, Rudy Gay has some kind of big play.

PREACH. I am sick of the Frickin' matchups they show on ESPN and TNT. Add Miami and Cleveland vs. whoever to that list and that's all I've seen all year so far. At least NBATV will show a sleeper game every now and again. I wanna see Atlanta vs. New Orleans, Memphis vs. Toronto, Orlando vs. Detroit, etc.

PREACH. I am sick of the Frickin' matchups they show on ESPN and TNT. Add Miami and Cleveland vs. whoever to that list and that's all I've seen all year so far. At least NBATV will show a sleeper game every now and again. I wanna see Atlanta vs. New Orleans, Memphis vs. Toronto, Orlando vs. Detroit, etc.

Get LP, man. What's holdin' you back? I could no longer make it through a season withouddit.

Get LP, man. What's holdin' you back? I could no longer make it through a season withouddit.

Ill cop the League Pass after the All-Star Break.

Timing. I bought a crib in October so I didn't have any extra scratch for the Pass. I am definitely getting it next season.

Question: Does LP come in HD?

• Question: Does LP come in HD?

A fairly high number of games are broadcast in HD, yes.

Timing. I bought a crib in October so I didn't have any extra scratch for the Pass. I am definitely getting it next season.

Question: Does LP come in HD?

I think you can get it at a reduced rate as the season goes on.

Yeah, HD games are included in the package, but those games are only every so often. This year, another full set of channels was made available for them on Dish. I believe all games that appear on NBATV are in HD, though.

• Nice, maybe I'll grab the pass in March. I do watch all the games that come on NBATV in HD and they have a decent HD broadcast (better than TNT). ESPN is still killing the HD game for sports.