NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im so happy For Trevor Ariza.

Dude got no love in NY and languished in Orlando. I guess the open West coast style of play is more suited to his steez. Money's Defense is crazy.

Bynum is a REAL Center.

Stoudmire is a Power Forward camoflagued as a Center in that Italian Offense.

Early Bullshit MVP race

Kevin Garnett
    Dwight Howard
    LeBoring

Brandon R.O.Y. - yeah i said it.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Im so happy For Trevor Ariza.

Dude got no love in NY and languished in Orlando. I guess the open West coast style of play is more suited to his steez. Money's Defense is crazy.

Amen. Ariza has been nothing but the man in LA.

Bynum is a REAL Center.

Stoudmire is a Power Forward camoflagued as a Center in that Italian Offense.

True. Bynum is straight up ballin'. gawdamn. 20 years old. He got natural talent plus legends, coaching him....Kareem, Phil Jackson, etc.

• CHRISTMAS DONE COME EARLY!!!
    THE BULLS HAVE FIRED THE MICRO-MANAGING DIPSHIT NAZI, SCOTT SKILES.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3167808

OH [email]SHIT@!!@#@[/email]

• LA is looking real good out there - young squad in some ways but a definite presence. Look forward to seeing you guys at least 2nd round this year.

Portland looks better than LA right now and I don't even see them making the second round. Those teams are just too young. They are playing great right now, but it's December. LA could make the second round because they have Kobe, but still, it's a bit early to make these predictions. Any decent team can have a strong run at any point in the season.

Hot teams in December = irrelevant for now

RSDMS!

Bynum is coming along nicely though. He's just so young. It's nice to have a guy like Kobe to rely on when the pressure becomes too much.

LA is looking real good out there - young squad in some ways but a definite presence. Look forward to seeing you guys at least 2nd round this year.

Portland looks better than LA right now and I don't even see them making the second round. Those teams are just too young. They are playing great right now, but it's December. LA could make the second round because they have Kobe, but still, it's a bit early to make these predictions. Any decent team can have a strong run at any point in the season.

RSDMS!

Bynum is coming along nicely though. He's just so young. It's nice to have a guy like Kobe to rely on when the pressure becomes too much.

C-

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    CHRISTMAS DONE COME EARLY!!!

OH [Email]SHIT@!!@#@[/Email]

Huh??? I emailed the Shit guy but it came back as undeliverable.

"D"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Celts out west, handled Sacramento pretty easily except
    that the Kings smacked them around, literally - they're
    gonna be beat playing back to back in Seattle tonight on
    national TV. Rondo was limited against the Kings, so look
    for him to play big minutes on TNT.

Celts out west, handled Sacramento pretty easily except
    that the Kings smacked them around, literally - they're
    gonna be beat playing back to back in Seattle tonight on
    national TV. Rondo was limited against the Kings, so look
    for him to play big minutes on TNT.

SAC w/out Martin and Bibby =

It came to me in the fourth quarter of the Seattle/Portland game on Xmas day that the uniforms rep the Xmas colors......

SAC w/out Martin and Bibby =

Yeah, I know - we're expected to beat them.

I was just making sure my excuse was ready in case
    the Celtics look shitty and exhausted tonight on TNT

... no, but, for real - the Kings were playing hockey last night!

... no, but, for real - the Kings were playing hockey last night!

SATAN _ 666 Goals!!!!

no hijack

• LA is looking real good out there - young squad in some ways but a definite presence. Look forward to seeing you guys at least 2nd round this year.

RSDMS!

C-

The student doesn't give out the grades, junior.

• CHRISTMAS DONE COME EARLY!!!

OH [Email]SHIT@!!@#@[/Email]

Huh??? I emailed the Shit guy but it came back as undeliverable.

"D"

using @ directly between any other text automatically gets converted to an email address hyperlink by this board's code.

[email]1@3[/email]

• I got a chance to see LeBron and them take it to the Mavs the other night.

I can't help but think that for the Mavericks and Suns, the train has left the station.

I got a chance to see LeBoring and them take it to the Mavs the other night.

I can't help but think that for the Mavericks and Suns, the train has left the station.

The Mavs look like the edge is gone.

• Everybody says Phoenix is hopeless without more low post threats. Amare can't do it alone and they don't even have a Kurt Thomas there to help out anymore. We'll see, I guess. If somebody can knock San Antonio out early in the playoffs (doubtful), then Phoenix has a good shot at it, IMO. Spurs, Mavs, Suns, those are still the top three contenders for WC champs in my opinion. A lot of the other teams playing well are inexperienced and probably won't be able to hold their pace all year and into the playoffs.

Denver is a big question mark. They have the right pieces, the experience/veteran leadership (AI, Camby), but can they stay healthy? Can they develop the half court game? Defense is getting better, they're getting wins, but the injuries keep slowing them down. They still rely heavily on the run & gun and scoring off turnovers (#1 in the league at forcing TO's). If Camby, Nene and Martin can stay healthy, we have some serious low post guys and we should be able to play at a slower pace. Atkins needs to get his legs under him and Carter has been a blessing thus far. Bench guys are solid, Kleiza having a great year so far. Smith attacking the basket more. These guys are getting smarter too. When they aren't sinking their outside shots, they drive to the rack. A lot of players just keep shooting the 3 until it falls.

Playoffs are still so far away. I wonder if Utah will turn it around. I wonder how long the Blazers, Lakers and Hornets will continue being successful. Time will tell.

• I got a chance to see LeBoring and them take it to the Mavs the other night.

Even though Howard, JET, and Harris all look even better than last year... have to agree. Dirk in particular looked

How the hell is Dampier getting 10m???

Even though Howard, JET, and Harris all look even better than last year... have to agree. Dirk in particular looked

I think he had one crazy year where dudes thought he'd become that mofo + lack of true centers in the L these days.

• Word.

... and sorry GB, I'm not really seeing it for the Nuggets. You're quick to dog out some of these younger squads, but the Nuggets seem to me like a team with the pieces to four different puzzles but no single complete set.

Utah trades weakass Gordon Giricek for the Three Point bomber theyve been beggin for, plus he's a Caucasoid.......Kyle Korver from Philly 76ers.

Very good look for Utah.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

I think he had one crazy year where dudes thought he'd become that mofo + lack of true centers in the L these days.

Dampier never had a crazy year believe me. He's a big body that does good on defense clogging the lanes, but has hands of stone. Plus he's not very b-ball smart. He's getting about the average for what centers get these days.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Anybody still think Deron Williams is better than Chris Paul ?

I do!

I do!

In a move to add firepower to the brand and continue its business growth, Jordan, a division of Nike, Inc., today welcomed a stable of new athletes to Team Jordan, led by 2005-06 T-Mobile NBA Rookie of the Year Chris Paul.

Widely considered one of the league???s brightest young stars, Paul will represent the Jordan brand of footwear, apparel and accessories both on and off the basketball court. In addition to Paul, Joe Johnson (Atlanta Hawks) and Josh Howard (Dallas Mavericks) have signed on as new additions to the Jordan roster.

???Chris Paul proved in his first season that he has the special qualities that our brand looks for in a Team Jordan athlete,??? said Larry Miller, president of Jordan. ???His will to win, his ability to make those around him better, and his maximum effort night in and night out are characteristics that embody the essence of the Jordan brand. With Chris and our other signings, we???re extremely excited about the young talent on our basketball roster.???

Paul took the basketball world by storm in his rookie year when he led the upstart New Orleans Hornets to a 38-44 record, an impressive 20 wins better than the 2004-05 season. The fourth overall draft pick out of Wake Forest led the league in total steals and finished fifth in total assists.

???Chris is excited to be a part of Team Jordan,??? said Octagon agent Lance Young. ???He is proud to represent Michael Jordan and the Jumpman. We look forward to a mutually beneficial partnership between CP and Team Jordan.???

• I got a chance to see LeBoring and them take it to the Mavs the other night.

Dampier never had a crazy year believe me. He's a big body that does good on defense clogging the lanes, but has hands of stone. Plus he's not very b-ball smart. He's getting about the average for what centers get these days.

I think he averaged a double-double in his contract year for GS. AVery Johnson was on *that* coaching squad and was instrumental in convincing Cubes to go for Damps when he signed on as a Mavs' assistant. Hands of stone is probably an understatement. All the Mavs want from his is double-digit boards, two blocks a game and set those screens. I can't help but root for the dude. How many of these mediocre centers face the level of scrutiny he does?

I'll let y'all speculate on the Mavs. AT this point a Mavs' season can only be appraised late March til ????? so I'll wait until that point. I'm not super-pleased with how we're playing in December but their have been stretches. :shrug:

I do!

In a move to add firepower to the brand and continue its business growth, Jordan, a division of Nike, Inc., today welcomed a stable of new athletes to Team Jordan, led by 2005-06 T-Mobile NBA Rookie of the Year Chris Paul.

Widely considered one of the league???s brightest young stars, Paul will represent the Jordan brand of footwear, apparel and accessories both on and off the basketball court. In addition to Paul, Joe Johnson (Atlanta Hawks) and Josh Howard (Dallas Mavericks) have signed on as new additions to the Jordan roster.

???Chris Paul proved in his first season that he has the special qualities that our brand looks for in a Team Jordan athlete,??? said Larry Miller, president of Jordan. ???His will to win, his ability to make those around him better, and his maximum effort night in and night out are characteristics that embody the essence of the Jordan brand. With Chris and our other signings, we???re extremely excited about the young talent on our basketball roster.???

Paul took the basketball world by storm in his rookie year when he led the upstart New Orleans Hornets to a 38-44 record, an impressive 20 wins better than the 2004-05 season. The fourth overall draft pick out of Wake Forest led the league in total steals and finished fifth in total assists.

???Chris is excited to be a part of Team Jordan,??? said Octagon agent Lance Young. ???He is proud to represent Michael Jordan and the Jumpman. We look forward to a mutually beneficial partnership between CP and Team Jordan.???

I like the Chris Paul addition. I do not like Jordan Brand as a whole.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Word.

... and sorry GB, I'm not really seeing it for the Nuggets. You're quick to dog out some of these younger squads, but the Nuggets seem to me like a team with the pieces to four different puzzles but no single complete set.

Trade Camby for Kidd.

CELTICS @ LAKERS TONIGHT!!!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

I think he averaged a double-double in his contract year for GS. AVery Johnson was on *that* coaching squad and was instrumental in convincing Cubes to go for Damps when he signed on as a Mavs' assistant. Hands of stone is probably an understatement. All the Mavs want from his is double-digit boards, two blocks a game and set those screens. I can't help but root for the dude. How many of these mediocre centers face the level of scrutiny he does?

I'll let y'all speculate on the Mavs. AT this point a Mavs' season can only be appraised late March til ????? so I'll wait until that point. I'm not super-pleased with how we're playing in December but their have been stretches. :shrug:

1) Johnson wasn't a coach with the Warriors. His first assistants job came with the Mavs. He did play with the Warriors the 2003-4 season with Dampier though.

2) Averaging a double double with the Warriors which back then was very, VERY bad team should temper those numbers. Plus that should show that he was an underachiever for those other 6 years he played for GS, which basically characterizes his entire career since getting drated by Indiana.

3) And "scrutiny" for Damps? Besides getting called out by Shaq what kind of national scrutiny has he gone under? He didn't get a lot of scrutiny for the 7 years he was here with the Warriors.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! WHAT THE HELL IS UP W/THE LAKERS SHORTS?!?!?!

Derek Fischer got some nice legs, lookin' like Tina