NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! WHAT THE HELL IS UP W/THE LAKERS SHORTS?!?!?!

Derek Fischer got some nice legs, lookin' like Tina

THAT SHIT WAS PURE COMEDY.

I swear it was those shorts that fucked up our rhythm!!! Trust me, I've played in girls shorts one time, with an extra small t-shirt (don't ask me why). You feel all naked and vulnerable.

• Yeah, what's up with the shorts? After halftime, the short-short were gone.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Amare has been on a tear during the past few games, I can't wait to see him up against the Lakers again. Beware.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Celtics =

Celtics =

They have some very nice players. Big 3 = 74 points.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Big 3 = 74 points.

Paul Pierce with almost half that 74

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH[/b]

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! WHAT THE HELL IS UP W/THE LAKERS SHORTS?!?!?!

Derek Fischer got some nice legs, lookin' like Tina

• I got a chance to see LeBoring and them take it to the Mavs the other night.

I can't help but think that for the Mavericks and Suns, the train has left the station.

The Mavs look like the edge is gone.

Even though Howard, JET, and Harris all look even better than last year... have to agree. Dirk in particular looked

How the hell is Dampier getting 10m???

I think he had one crazy year where dudes thought he'd become that mofo + lack of true centers in the L these days.

Dampier never had a crazy year believe me. He's a big body that does good on defense clogging the lanes, but has hands of stone. Plus he's not very b-ball smart. He's getting about the average for what centers get these days.

I think he averaged a double-double in his contract year for GS. AVery Johnson was on *that* coaching squad and was instrumental in convincing Cubes to go for Damps when he signed on as a Mavs' assistant. Hands of stone is probably an understatement. All the Mavs want from his is double-digit boards, two blocks a game and set those screens. I can't help but root for the dude. How many of these mediocre centers face the level of scrutiny he does?

I'll let y'all speculate on the Mavs. AT this point a Mavs' season can only be appraised late March til ????? so I'll wait until that point. I'm not super-pleased with how we're playing in December but their have been stretches. :shrug:

1) Johnson wasn't a coach with the Warriors. His first assistants job came with the Mavs. He did play with the Warriors the 2003-4 season with Dampier though.

2) Averaging a double double with the Warriors which back then was very, VERY bad team should temper those numbers. Plus that should show that he was an underachiever for those other 6 years he played for GS, which basically characterizes his entire career since getting drated by Indiana.

3) And "scrutiny" for Damps? Besides getting called out by Shaq what kind of national scrutiny has he gone under? He didn't get a lot of scrutiny for the 7 years he was here with the Warriors.

1) You right. My bad. I knew they were on the team together.

2) Pretty much agree. Classic contract year show-out/overpay.

3) :shrug: Him and "RASHO" seem to be the most name-dropped mediocre centers. Moreso RASHO when he played for the Spurs. Everybody knows how much Dampier makes/produces and the ERICA thing is lifelong. Purely anecdotal evidence.

• Word.

... and sorry GB, I'm not really seeing it for the Nuggets. You're quick to dog out some of these younger squads, but the Nuggets seem to me like a team with the pieces to four different puzzles but no single complete set.

Denver is a big question mark.

Obviously I'm not seeing them entirely yet either, that was my point. However, they still haven't had a full healthy squad for a single game yet this season and before last night's game we had the best record in 29 games since 2003.

I'm not "dogging out" those younger teams, I'm just saying the playoffs is a part of basketball that requires some experience and some veteran leadership. I even said Kobe can bring that for the Lakers, but I'll be skeptical of any young team advancing in the playoffs until I have reason to believe otherwise. I didn't say I wasn't skeptical of the Nuggets though, I'm probably more skeptical of them than anybody right now. I've also seen 26 of their 30 games this year so I've been paying pretty close attention.

• Word.

... and sorry GB, I'm not really seeing it for the Nuggets. You're quick to dog out some of these younger squads, but the Nuggets seem to me like a team with the pieces to four different puzzles but no single complete set.

Trade Camby for Kidd.

Then instead of having almost no defense in the painted area, we'd have no defense in the painted area.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Word.

Trade Camby for Kidd.

Then instead of having almost no defense in the painted area, we'd have no defense in the painted area.

But you'll have an identity.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    holy schitt, chris bosh

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Mavs beat the Warriors pretty soundly tonight.....last time Dallas played GS Kelenna Azubuike was killin' it.....but tonight, not so much.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Warriors were flat for almost the entire 1st half with a little surge at the end. They completely fell apart in the 4th with turnover after turnover.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Detroit =

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Detroit =

vs. Celtics - Round 2 coming up on Saturday in the Dirty District!

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    the w's looked like hell last night. granted, their man defense is usually porous, but they usually make up for it with steals and blocks. Last night it seemed like they elected to not even try. The W's turnovers on offense were the result of not directly running plays through baron. WTF is up with that shit? They made a name for themselves last season with pic and rolls and drive and kicks all centering around Baron. Ellis, Jackson and Barnes all thrive with baseline cuts or slashing moves from beyond the arc after an offensive set breaks down-- basically movement away from the ball, allowing Baron to create opportunities for them. On the majority of their possessions last night, I saw Ellis, Jackson, Pietrus and even Biedrins bringing the ball upcourt.

Baron was completely out of rhythm (2 for 14 or some shit???), the entire team was missing uncontested layups, attempting layups that should have been dunks, too busy arguing calls to rotate around on help defense, and goddammit make a free throw.

Detroit =

This is that real rivary. fuck that make believe Lakers crap that the NBA wants to market.

They even paid Odom to body slam Allen for WWF effect....

• Detroit =

Man that last game was great, I gotta hit up the bar for this one too. GO DETROIT! Although, please believe the Celtics won't make the same mistake twice. Rondo will not be the guy in the 4th 1/4 guarding Billups, that's for sure.

• Detroit =

This is that real rivary. fuck that make believe Lakers crap that the NBA wants to market.

dreams of an 80s throwback rivalry.

Detroit =

^^^^dreams of the Nuggets becoming relevant. (booyah!)

• Detroit =

^^^^dreams of the Nuggets becoming relevant. (booyah!)

Try harder. D-.

You bite harder than Mike Tyson. Also, you have a creamy plush vision of basketball perfection.

• Better effort, but still not making sense. What am I biting? Or is that like some 1991 shit "This bites, maaan."?

Really though, are you mad that people don't care about Boston/LA like they did in the 70s/80s? You can't say it's a rvialry when neither team has been a real competitor for more than a couple years...

edit: I guess you can say it's a rivalry, but not an important one. Were LA fans extra happy about beating up the 24 win Celtics last year?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Better effort, but still not making sense. What am I biting? Or is that like some 1991 shit "This bites, maaan."?

Perhaps it's a Game lyric?

Denver > Lakers

Better effort, but still not making sense. What am I biting? Or is that like some 1991 shit "This bites, maaan."?

Really though, are you mad that people don't care about Boston/LA like they did in the 70s/80s? You can't say it's a rvialry when neither team has been a real competitor for more than a couple years...

edit: I guess you can say it's a rivalry, but not an important one. Were LA fans extra happy about beating up the 24 win Celtics last year?

Denver > Lakers

never that.

Derrick Fisher > Chucky Atkins/Anthony Carter

K.O.B.E. > The Answer

Luke Walton/Trevor Ariza < MELO

Lamar O.D.O.M < Kenyon Martin(when healthy)

Andrew Bynum < Camby

Phil Jackson > George Karl