Racist Kramer...

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I dont know, while I do not deny that he was acting like a racist and probably harbors those feelings, part of me thinks that he just got stuck in this uncontrollable stutter. if you think about how an acor works in an improvisational free association setting, its not hard to see how a person might slip into a racist delirium.

you sound retarded and white

• Maybe Michael Richards was the reason there were never any black folks in Seinfeld episodes.

Jeru The Damaja did write a song called "Seinfeld"

• dayday 9,612 Posts

I'd hate to think that only certain religions are respected here.

Oh the irony.

• Maybe Michael Richards was the reason there were never any black folks in Seinfeld episodes.

Jeru The Damaja did write a song called "Seinfeld"

I really like Jeru The Damaja's music.

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I really don't understand why people are finding this situation so hard to understand?

Richards, in a moment of anger/rage/whatever you want to call it, turned off the inner voice that tells you not to do stuff you know you're not supposed to do (such as yell out, "50 years ago, we would have hung you by your toes and stuck a fork up your ass"), and just went with some really ugly feelings he had buried deep inside.

It's the same kind of moment when people get pissed off at people cutting them off on the freeway and decide that the best way to express their anger to let loose with the .38 in the glove compartment.

I don't really care about Richards' redemption or damnation. But I also don't need an explanation. It's not necessary. We all carry some measure of ugliness in our heart - it just requires a certain trigger to bring it out and in Richards' case, getting heckled was apparently that trigger.

It doesn't make any sense but it's also not a mystery.

• I dont know, while I do not deny that he was acting like a racist and probably harbors those feelings, part of me thinks that he just got stuck in this uncontrollable stutter. if you think about how an acor works in an improvisational free association setting, its not hard to see how a person might slip into a racist delirium.

you sound retarded & white

I am one of those

Honestly, if I approach this from a standpoint of "what if he were attacking Jews (which Im one of) instead of African Americans," I get the same conclusion. Though they're not analogous, Mel Gibson's tirade helps me. While I was certainly not shocked about what he said, I understand how people can break down. Seriously, we're all pretty close to the edge all the time. But while I understand and forgive Mel Gibson, I certainly don't trust him and won't be paying to watch Apocolypto.

People break down, it happens. We're all just a collection of neuroses, irrational superstitions, terrible memories, and instinctual rage and agression covered by the thinnest piece of pudding skin we call our civilized mind. Breakdowns happen all the time. One minute you're going about your life, the next you think everyone around is an actor working for the FBI.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

He was being open enough to admit that he deosnt know the en vogue term for African Americans. I dont know, while I do not deny that he was acting like a racist and probably harbors those feelings, part of me thinks that he just got stuck in this uncontrollable stutter. if you think about how an acor works in an improvisational free association setting, its not hard to see how a person might slip into a racist delirium.[/b] Like every one else, I am conflicted.

That is probably the most absurd shit I have ever read on here.

Like every one else, I am conflicted.

WTF?!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I really don't understand why people are finding this situation so hard to understand?

Me either, but I will say this; it speaks volumes about race in this country and how far we have to go.

How people can even BEGIN to argue about this is beyond me.

Mel Gibson does something wrong, everyone condemns him for it, he apologizes/lies, whatever to get out of it.

This dude on video[/b] says the same kind of shit and the reaction is somehow different? I don't ever remember reading "there is NO excuse for that, BUT..." when that whole thing was going down.

why is that?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    seriously...

What does everyone in this thread want to happen?

(damn I wish the poll function still worked)

seriously pt. II

how much "damn that was fucked up shit can be rehashed"? were on page 7 now...

on a thread about Kramer from fucking Seinfeld

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    holy shit page 7! People are actually making excuses for dude? Man, i dont even wanna read the rest.

• you sound retarded and white

• He was being open enough to admit that he deosnt know the en vogue term for African Americans. I dont know, while I do not deny that he was acting like a racist and probably harbors those feelings, part of me thinks that he just got stuck in this uncontrollable stutter. if you think about how an acor works in an improvisational free association setting, its not hard to see how a person might slip into a racist delirium.[/b] Like every one else, I am conflicted.

WTF?!

Instead of just bolding what i wrote, why dont you tell me why you find that absurd. and please dont give me that, if you dont know then youll never know nonsense.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

He was being open enough to admit that he deosnt know the en vogue term for African Americans. I dont know, while I do not deny that he was acting like a racist and probably harbors those feelings, part of me thinks that he just got stuck in this uncontrollable stutter. if you think about how an acor works in an improvisational free association setting, its not hard to see how a person might slip into a racist delirium.[/b] Like every one else, I am conflicted.

WTF?!

Instead of just bolding what i wrote, why dont you tell me why you find that absurd. and please dont give me that, if you dont know then youll never know nonsense.

I bolded what I found absurd.

This isn't a personal attack. I just find it amazing the things people use to justify what was clearly wrong.

By your explanations up above, we're all on the verge of insanity and all it takes is a small push to go insane and start cussing people out and saying racial slurs?

Or, an actor improvising becomes his characters and therefore a temporary racist, killer, acrobat, martial arts master? I'm just confused at your rationale and the fact that you, and others would try to justify or explain this to begin with.
    I understand dude was being heckled and might have been embarrassed or angry, but why not just walk off the fucking stage?
    There simply is no excuse and I am done here.

1)What Mel Gibson said was mild compared to this

2)He didn't have a breakdown....A breakdown is uncontrollable ...and i'm 100% sure if the audience was primarily black he would have been able to avoid having a "breakdown"

3)If Dave Chappelle stood on stage and said to a jewish heckler "60 years ago you'd be in a oven" followed by "kike,kike,he's a kike" your position would be different ....it wouldn't be considered a "mistake"

4)I'm tired of white people using Christianity as the black pacifier.

5)Tookie & Ike are terrible analogies and i question the ideologies of those who would go so far to pull Tookie & Ike out of their ass ...gtfohwtbs

6)Forgiveness = that muthafucka still breathing & still having millions in his bank account

• I really don't understand why people are finding this situation so hard to understand?

Me either, but I will say this; it speaks volumes about race in this country and how far we have to go.

Mel Gibson does something wrong, everyone condemns him for it, he apologizes/lies, whatever to get out of it.

This dude on video[/b] says the same kind of shit and it's somehow different?

the only person implying a double standard is you. I understand you are upset about this, I am too. I love Seinfeld. It gives me pure joy to watch it. Now Im not sure if I can anymore. Thats what hard to understand. Racism isnt exactly easy to understand either.

The debate about what a society does with a person who breaks into a racist rage is interesting, complex and should be discussed thoughtfully. Thats all whatever argument you have construed to exist is about.

• I really don't understand why people are finding this situation so hard to understand?

the only person implying a double standard is you. I understand you are upset about this, I am too. I love Seinfeld. It gives me pure joy to watch it. Now Im not sure if I can anymore. Thats what hard to understand. Racism isnt exactly easy to understand either.

The debate about what a society does with a person who breaks into a racist rage is interesting, complex and should be discussed thoughtfully. Thats all whatever argument you have construed to exist is about.

You're fucking upset because you love Seinfeld and you may not enjoy it as much?

MOTHERFUCKING WOW!

You're fucking upset because you love Seinfeld and you may not enjoy it as much?

MOTHERFUCKING WOW!

Jesus christ, you guys just jerk knees. Its like watching a fucking demented fox news around here sometimes. read what i said, and think about it or not. it should be clear that im pissed and hurt too. why do you think im on here at 130?

• dayday 9,612 Posts

MOTHERFUCKING WOW!

Haha, man I honestly don't know what's going on in this thread.

I'm applying a double standard? Show me anywhere where someone said they were "conflicted" about what Mel Gibson said.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Best time spent in this thread was the 10 minutes to
    watch Sanford & Son - although comparing
    this situation to Redd Foxx's humor is absurd.

Props to sunfortune for all the quotables:

Its kind of like if you've ever had a girl cheat on you or something

slip into a racist delirium

thinnest piece of pudding skin we call our civilized mind

if you dont know then youll never know nonsense.

why do you think im on here at 130?

DON'T STOP NOW!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

this has nothing to do with this debate and can only lead to some sort of dick measuring contest as to who has had it worse

lets leave the comparrisons alone and let this issue stand as its own boneheaded incident

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Best time spent in this thread was the 10 minutes to
    watch Sanford & Son - although comparing
    this situation to Redd Foxx's humor is absurd.

I do my best to keep the people smiling

• Michael Richard's statement on David Letterman

http://vidclick.blogspot.com/2006/11/seinfeld-star-apologizes-on-letterman.html

Pretty awkward thing to watch.

this has nothing to do with this debate and can only lead to some sort of dick measuring contest as to who has had it worse

You need to direct this toward whoever brought Mel Gibson up first...it damn sure wasn't me ...and i damn sure wasn't gonna let it slide

dont matter tho ...i'm strictly sports & Sylvers threads from now on ..i'm tired

• IMO whats to me is that Kramer waited a week or whatever before publicly apologizing. I belive that we all harbor some prejudice, and dealing with that prejudice is what being non-racist is all about. That's why I could only forgive the kind of hateful racist bullshit that came out of this dummy's mouth if his next words were: "Oh shit. I'm sorry. What I just said was wrong. I apologise, and I will give money to charity and do other altruistic things to show that I am truly not a racist scumbag." That fact that he is only coming out with apologies now that they are being demanded by the public = fuck this guy.

• Interesting but not too revealing thread I found on Craigslist.

http://forums.craigslist.org/?ID=52930514

• IMO whats to me is that Kramer waited a week or whatever before publicly apologizing.

Only been 3 days.

Even though his character of Kramer dated a black woman on one episode?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Something that is offensive or insensitive to another race is racist. He completely[/b] crossed the line with that.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Michael Richard's statement on David Letterman

http://vidclick.blogspot.com/2006/11/seinfeld-star-apologizes-on-letterman.html

Pretty awkward thing to watch.

Especially since I don't think some of the audience knew it was serious and started laugh in the begining of his apology.

"afro-american comunity"

"force feild of this hostility"

Dude just lost it. I don't know how you can write this off to "free association" and "pushing the envelope". Just cuz this stuff doesn't come out all the time doesn't mean your not racists. Sad really. Bad for the people who had to be there. Mike seems torn up and he should be. Hope he at least gets it together and makes amends unlike Mel the wacko.