Racist Kramer...

Comments

• " i tried to jujitsu the comments" ???

his apology is even harder too watch than the standup.

shocks o mighty

-

dealing with your "inner racist" by michael richard

could this be a best seller right now?

• "What the...why'd you drop the N-bomb? I didnt tell you to drop the N-bomb!"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Career Ender

Kramer is done for good, and i dont even wanna watch seinfeld no more.

• I dont get this boycott of Seinfeld...I know I have said it three times already, but no one is getting rid of Ike and James LPs due to them being misogynists, why stop watching a TV show because of one actors racists feelings?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I dont get this boycott of Seinfeld...I know I have said it three times already, but no one is getting rid of Ike and James LPs due to them being misogynists, why stop watching a TV show because of one actors racists feelings?

I dig the Charles Manson LP

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I dont get this boycott of Seinfeld...I know I have said it three times already, but no one is getting rid of Ike and James LPs due to them being misogynists

That's called a principle (a rule of personal conduct), and believe it or not, some people actually do have them. I know some women who are immediately turned off to even the mention of Ike Turner's name, let alone allow themselves to groove to one of his records, and they're damn sure not collecting them.

why stop watching a TV show because of one actors racists feelings?

Another principle issue. In that context, just think about that sentence you wrote for another second and tell me it makes sense.

• I dont get this boycott of Seinfeld...I know I have said it three times already, but no one is getting rid of Ike and James LPs due to them being misogynists, why stop watching a TV show because of one actors racists feelings?

Ike and James...how about Michael Jackson and R Kelly!

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Is this about to turn into the art/artist discussion again?

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

"What the...why'd you drop the N-bomb? I didnt tell you to drop the N-bomb!"
    hahaha. Can we dead the thread with this?

• I dont get this boycott of Seinfeld...I know I have said it three times already, but no one is getting rid of Ike and James LPs due to them being misogynists

That's called a principle (a rule of personal conduct), and believe it or not, some people actually do have them. I know some women who are immediately turned off to even the mention of Ike Turner's name, let alone allow themselves to groove to one of his records, and they're damn sure not collecting them.

Another principle issue. In that context, just think about that sentence you wrote for another second and tell me it makes sense.

Thanks for the defintion of principle...so what you are saying is, if you own an Ike Turner record, then you condone misogyny?

• "What the...why'd you drop the N-bomb? I didnt tell you to drop the N-bomb!"
    hahaha. Can we dead the thread with this?

I tried to.

• Dude, Michael Richards is a confirmed[/b] racist.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I dont get this boycott of Seinfeld...I know I have said it three times already, but no one is getting rid of Ike and James LPs due to them being misogynists

Thanks for the defintion of principle...so what you are saying is, if you own an Ike Turner record, then you condone misogyny?

No, but if someone is against misogyny, it's not a concept that they may not want to support his artistic endeavors by purchasing his music.

See: Concept of the boycott

(I don't mean to sound condescending, but honestly...)

• I dont get this boycott of Seinfeld...I know I have said it three times already, but no one is getting rid of Ike and James LPs due to them being misogynists

No, but if someone is against misogyny, it's not a concept that they may not want to support his artistic endeavors by purchasing his music.

See: Concept of the boycott

(I don't mean to sound condescending, but honestly...)

wow, thanks for the near-admission that I deserve to be condescending to...whatever.

I dont think my analogy is far off.

I think a lot of people boycott things that are convienent to them, you know, if it isnt a big sacrifice to them. It is easy to say "I wont watch a particular TV show", if you arent a huge fan of said show; but for a funk and soul fan to say "I wont listen to James Brown or Ike Turner because of their actions towards women" is a REAL big sacrifice, and I dont think all that many of the self-righteous "boycotters" on this board are willing to make that sacrifice, if it is really against their principles to buy/listen/watch an artist that has violated said principles.

Its called being a hypocrite

• That's fine if you don't want to watch "Seinfeld" anymore because you are that principled, but I hope no one starts equating "watching Seinfeld" with "condoning racism".

• That's fine if you don't want to watch "Seinfeld" anymore because you are that principled, but I hope no one starts equating "watching Seinfeld" with "condoning racism".

You Seinfeld watchin' cracker motherfucker!

You Seinfeld watchin' cracker motherfucker!

And a Texan to boot? Oh lawd.........

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    That's fine if you don't want to watch "Seinfeld" anymore because you are that principled, but I hope no one starts equating "watching Seinfeld" with "condoning racism".

If you've stopped watching Seinfield because of this unfortunate event, you have amazing willpower and are a man of principle. I applaud you and your resolve to rid the world of hatred by clicking the clicker. My hat is off to you. Wow. Good job. No. Seriously. Wow.

True or False: on this board, pop culture racism elicits more of a response than genocide.

• LOL @ the Sienfeld brigade.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

True or False: on this board, pop culture racism elicits more of a response than genocide records.
    Double True.

If you've stopped watching Seinfield because of this unfortunate event, you have amazing willpower and are a man of principle. I applaud you and your resolve to rid the world of hatred by clicking the clicker. My hat is off to you. Wow. Good job. No. Seriously. Wow.

Not me mang. Seinfeld is my "warm milk"...it sends me off to sleep on most nights.

Damn....I SOUND WHITE.

I totally understand and agree with the concept of having and keeping principles.

And if everyone was self governed by an upstanding set of principles the world would be a much better place.

Extending those principles into your source of entertainment can be pretty damn difficult.

But it can be done, just ask anyone who will ONLY listen to Christian music.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    LOL @ the Sienfeld brigade.

This post is enough to make ME start posting about records.

True or False: on this board, pop culture racism elicits more of a response than genocide records.
    Double True.

No one seems interested in my records

Everyone seems interested in my stupidity

What's up w/ Heinkotter?

This post is enough to make ME start posting about records.

I started this from the bottom and I was scrolling up I was thinking....

Dolo Yeung....please let it be Dolo Yeung!!!

What's up w/ Heitkotter?

Did you listen the other night??

What's up w/ Heitkotter?

Did you listen the other night??
    The link is still up?!
    I didn't d/l because I thought it expired.
    I'll see you over at weirdrecords in 45 min.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    soulstrut catnip f'real!

12 pages?
    it just goes around and around and around.

some of yall just like to hear yourselves talk.

• LOL @ the Sienfeld brigade.

Naw. I just think, honestly, it's kinda stupid to make the leap from "Michael Richards is a racist" to "ban Seinfeld" or "ban UHF" or "ban Fridays" or "ban the wack-ass show he tried to come out with after Seinfeld".

Now, if any of you putting this out there are a Nielsen household, you might could actually impact something.