• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Woooow...

And here's CNN's piece on the incident:

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

awful.
    so much for watching Seinfeld reruns.

• unbelievable

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Is that stand-up today? I might be fucked up, but that schitt looks crazy. That's Crazy.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    THAT"S SOME SHIT!!!!!!!!

He did walk off stage kinda quiet like. He knew he goofed.

Never liked Seinfeld anyways.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Is that stand-up today? I might be fucked up, but that schitt looks crazy. That's Crazy.
    its just Michael Richards' racist hate being exposed by some heckling. he went waaay over the line and like people say in the comments, stereotyping can be funny and used in comedy, but this is not funny. there are no jokes here.

i prolly would have thrown some stuff at him.

• def

• What I don't understand is how Richards - being a PROFESSIONAL comic - would even let hecklers get to him like that.
    The guy obviously has problems (harbouring deep seeded racism being merely one).
    I mean, I remember watching some schlub of a amatuer stand-up getting KILLED by some hecklers once.
    He finally paid them mind and said, "Look, would you PLEASE let me do my job? I don't come to YOUR job and start flipping burgers."
    And with that, he had the crowd for the rest of his routine.
    Richards should've damn well known better.

Then again, I do know some black folk who can be amazingly brutal to a stand-up if they're not feeling them.

So he was actually sayin stuff before the cats started to heckle him.

Or was he going through his act and decided to go postal on the hecklers?

Try this at the APOLLO.

Then again, I do know some black folk who can be amazingly brutal to a stand-up if they're not feeling them.

No doubt..........sometimes that's the show itself, to see if the comedian can shut cats up. That's part of the territory. He's probably used to the "College" circuit. Or Bennigans.

• Try this at the APOLLO.

Yup. I saw some young aspiring rapper at Amatuer Night in the early 90's and he made the fatal mistake of actually cursing.
    Apparently that is a very big NO NO at the Apollo which I was unaware of (at least it was back then for amateur night).
    I really thought they were going to kill that kid.
    I can't even begin to imagine the reaction one would elicit from uttering the n-word there. White or black.
    (especially white )

Oh, and Chan. You really need to tell that crazy Beastie Boys at the Apollo story.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Dude's career is really over now.....not even a Surreal Life appearance in his cards now!

• What I don't understand is how Richards - being a PROFESSIONAL comic - would even let hecklers get to him like that.
    The guy obviously has problems (harbouring deep seeded racism being merely one).
    I mean, I remember watching some schlub of a amatuer stand-up getting KILLED by some hecklers once.
    He finally paid them mind and said, "Look, would you PLEASE let me do my job? I don't come to YOUR job and start flipping burgers."
    And with that, he had the crowd for the rest of his routine.
    Richards should've damn well known better.

and therein lies the problem...dude should have known better than to stoop to that level...and he should have ignored em till it was too much...and just walked off stage or (my preference) blaze the shit out of them with some witty insults...that leave em like...feeling like dumbfucks for interrupting your hustle...

my gf and I watched this...and were totally floored...we both like seinfeld...and can't believe the depth of hate/racism that was just spewed...terrible...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Is Richards a racist?
    Yes 60%
    No 40%
    Total Votes: 32,983

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Is Richards a racist?
    Yes 60%
    No 40%
    (~13,193 people say no)

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Can't access the video from that link. It looks as if someone's tried to up it on Youtube as well, but it got yanked pretty sharpish.

• shomshom 31 Posts
    This thing is really bad. One of the worst things I've witnessed all day.

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts
    What I don't understand is how Richards - being a PROFESSIONAL comic - would even let hecklers get to him like that

No doubt, thing is, there was zero attempt to package that racist tirade into a joke. I'm glad to see the audience went silent and walked out, this should be the end of his carreer, could be the beginning of his carreer on the country club circuit tho..

That may have been the fastest loss of respect I've ever exerienced.

• Is Richards a racist?
    Yes 60%
    No 40%

I don't get that at all.
    I'm very hesitant to just casually point the racist finger at folks, but I just don't see how he can be defended here.
    How was that not racist?!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Is Richards a racist?
    Yes 60%
    No 40%

I don't get that at all.
    I'm very hesitant to just casually point the racist finger at folks, but I just don't see how he can be defended here.

I bet at least two-thirds of the people who voted "No" did it in a show of solidarity.

"Yeah, see, I should be able to say it, too, and I'm not racist!"

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    thats that sienfield curse. Everybody who worked on that show are living it pretty rough right now. larry crane did alright and sienfield doesn't really need to do anything, but all the supporting characters got the shaft. You know michael richards is mad bitter and salty now which probably was the root of this tirade. It must be terrible to find a job when everybody just pigeon holes you telling you to just do "kramer". pretty much career suicide after sienfield. hence major case of the salty balls.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Is Richards a racist?
    Yes 60%
    No 40%

I don't get that at all.

I bet at least two-thirds of the people who voted "No" did it in a show of solidarity.

"Yeah, see, I should be able to say it, too, and I'm not racist!"

Ha! No shit. I will never understand that line of thinking.

Needless to say, that whole thing was awful.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    that was awful to watch. disgusting really! the whole thing made me bummed out. i really liked michael richards up to this video...i always thought he was a funny guy. not any more! what a scum bag.

"my mop!"...you're gonna need it mike to clean up this mess.

• horrible

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    thats that sienfield curse. Everybody who worked on that show are living it pretty rough right now. larry crane did alright and sienfield doesn't really need to do anything, but all the supporting characters got the shaft. You know michael richards is mad bitter and salty now which probably was the root of this tirade. It must be terrible to find a job when everybody just pigeon holes you telling you to just do "kramer". pretty much career suicide after sienfield. hence major case of the salty balls.

Haha I was just thinking, now "Bob Patterson" aint the worst thing to come out of Seinfeld.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    it's a real shame, this guy is a funny dude. i knew something was wrong when i read he was a freemason. he's definately better when he's doing physical comedy rather then opening his mouth and saying shit.

doesn't look like he'll be making any guest appereances on Curb Your Enthusiasm any time soon. Seinfeld veers between being a great show and unwatchable piece of shit. if it's either of the Larry's on the pencil and paper, chances are it's a winner, otherwise change the channel.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

It must also be hard to find work when you are a CRAZY FUCKING RACIST, thats prone to start jumping up and down calling people niggers and talking about how we should still be lynching motherfuckers.

What a dipshit. That place is crazy small too, im sure that was one of the more uncomfortable nights anyones ever had there. I hope dude rots in obscurity. Do you think he was actually trying to be funny? Not that it matters.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i liked him in UHF. never cared too much for seinfeld.
    this guy is totally

• This thing is really bad. One of[/b] the worst things I've witnessed all day.

wow - you must be having a really really shitty day

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/83-11202006-744776.html

Which is a shame because it's impossible to logically draw the conclusion that he's a racist from the incomplete and edited piece of tape that only runs two-and-a-half minutes