THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Vick can be a championship QB

I have serious doubts about that. If Vick wants to go all the way to the SB and win it, at some point, he's going to have to learn how to read defenses and make his throws. Dude's accuracy is pretty nahmean?

My brother in law played at Grambling and is an EMT at the Georgia Dome for all hawks games and he concurs emphatically with the above statement. Vick does have a nice win percentage but......not believing tell he masters the audible.

• Vick can be a championship QB

I have serious doubts about that. If Vick wants to go all the way to the SB and win it, at some point, he's going to have to learn how to read defenses and make his throws. Dude's accuracy is pretty nahmean?
    55% with 1 int so far. Not amazing but hardly suspect.

As far as this option offense goes...I like that folls are trying to take advantage of Vick's talents in different ways, but at the end of the day, it's too gimmicky, and with Vick spending so much time as a rusher, he's going to end up getting his block knocked off sooner or later. Even without this option offense in place, he has had trouble staying healthy for a whole season. Do you think he'll be able to go 16 games, plus playoffs, and not get hurt while basically offering himself up to the defense 15 times a game with his rushing?
    That option play is designed to get him to the first down marker and the sideline at the same time. Look at the way Vince Young ran it last year; carving teams up 10 or 12 yards at a time and then stepping out of bounds before contact. It's not like they've got him running up the middle into a cloud of dust.

My brother in law played at Grambling and is an EMT at the Georgia Dome for all hawks games and he concurs emphatically with the above statement. Vick does have a nice win percentage but......not believing tell he masters the audible.
    Grambling? Unless he played Tuba that don't mean much.

Hawks play down the street at Phillips Arena, btw.

• Vick can be a championship QB

Oh, he's inaccurate as f**k and he knows it. He's not gonna beat you by throwing lasars and having a 75% completion average. History has shown that he WILL kill you with his legs and making key plays with his arm. Football is about moving the chains by any means necessary, and he does that consistently.

As far as this option offense goes...I like that folls are trying to take advantage of Vick's talents in different ways, but at the end of the day, it's too gimmicky, and with Vick spending so much time as a rusher, he's going to end up getting his block knocked off sooner or later. Even without this option offense in place, he has had trouble staying healthy for a whole season. Do you think he'll be able to go 16 games, plus playoffs, and not get hurt while basically offering himself up to the defense 15 times a game with his rushing?

What you're saying sounds like it makes a lot of sense. But where do most QBs end up getting season ending injuries? From standing in the pocket. I don't think Vick's major injuries have come from designed runs, they've come from trying to throw from the pocket then having to run for his life. The keys to him not getting hurt are designed runs where his blockers are in place or situations where he'll be running in space, usually around the end where he can beat defenders to the sideline, and him being smart and not fighting for extra yards. He has to hit the deck or duck out of bounds when he's about to get hit and he has to be disciplined about that- if he lets his competitive nature get the best of him then yeah, he will get broken up.
    Keep in mind that playing football this way is really a whole new concept- it does go against convention and I usually don't buy any new gimmicky offenses that go against the standard methods of football success. But the game does change, and what we're talking about really is just a new way of running the ball, and there is nothing more traditional than running the ball down the other team's throat. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, that drives a defense crazier than a QB that can run like Vick. If you can utilize his talents with a whole new offensive philosophy that maximizes what he does without putting him in great danger of getting injured on every play, you've got something that's reeeeeeal hard to defend. Who knows how long it will work- of course defensive wizards are gonna come up with their own schemes to try to neutralize Vick. But after seeing the Falcons run all over Tampa Bay, I'm convinced they might be onto something. We'll find out how effective it really is in the weeks to come.

• GREAT AND FAMOUS AUBURN RUNNING BACKS

WILLIAM ANDREWS
    JAMES BROOKS
    JOE CRIBBS
    STEPEHN DAVIS
    RUDI JOHNSON
    CARNELL WILLIAMS
    RONNIE BROWN

• GREAT AND FAMOUS AUBURN RUNNING BACKS

WILLIAM ANDREWS
    JAMES BROOKS
    JOE CRIBBS
    STEPEHN DAVIS
    RUDI JOHNSON
    CARNELL WILLIAMS
    RONNIE BROWN
    1 more...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    wow this Bengals/Steelers game is

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    wow this Bengals/Steelers game is

Dumbass Steelers just gave the game away. Two turnovers in 54 seconds? What is this, the fucking JV?

By my count, those were 346th and 347th turnovers in this game.

There have been some DEVASTATING hits in this game...

...but both teams are going hear it for hours this week
    about holding onto catches NO MATTER WHAT. I've never seen so
    many guys have the ball caught and tucked and THEN cough it up
    when they get blasted!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Halftime in Seattle......

Seattle Seahawks 35
    NY Giants 3

Seattle is

Seahawks will run the NFC all season batches!!!!!!!

• debardebar 215 Posts
    Thoughts so far:

Whats' wrong with the Giants? I thought they were going to be bad, but this is the second straight week they've been blown out in the first half.

That was a HUGE win for Chicago getting the early 3-0 record within the division.

Miami's offense sucks.

Jets at 2-1? Almost 3-0 with the failed comeback vs. the Pats last week. I don't think they'll challenge for a playoff spot, but they're a lot better than everyone was anticipating, including me. They could prove a lot of the so-called experts wrong.

Charlie Frye??!?!

For Washington, Miami & Green Bay: Nice wins, but now let's see it against teams that matter.

• DAAAAAM... Kurt Warner has got to go. Arizona better start the Matt Leinart era as of next week.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    god, this nbc pink theme is horrid. what the fuck are they thinking?

Go Pats!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    god, this nbc pink theme is horrid. what the fuck are they thinking?

I was just thinking the same thing. What audience does NBC think it's capturing with that mess? Just show the fuckin' football game, geniuses.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Grambling? Unless he played Tuba that don't mean much.

I am gonna let my brother-in-law's coach, the legendary Eddie Robinson handle your obvious lil dude knowledge of Grambling's place in college football.

"Son, you see this can of shinola in my hand and that piece of shit on the ground. Well you obviously don't know the difference between shit and shinola. Cause if you did, you would show more respect for my program which produced 200 pro players (more than any other in history). You would show respect for the hall of famers Willie Brown, Buck Buchanan and Willie Davis, Superbowl MVP Doug Williams, and stand outs like Charlie Joiner, Frank Lewis, Essex Johnson, Billy Newsome and John Mendenhall. Furthermore you would show respect for Jake Reed, stalwart of the mid 90s Vikings, who played along side DrWu's brother at wide receiver. Of course, I know you played major division one football, so you are more qualified to talk about Michael Vick's inability to make a hot call to save his life more than anybody else. Please, tell us all about your football background. We want to know more. Again thanks for your time you big dummy."

Thanks for stopping in to handle this coach. I really couldn't be bothered.

PS

that Pats Broncos game was doo doo. Pats open-field tackling is a nightmare.
    They can stuff the line, cover well - but dudes just get juked-on every week
    for massive yards. They better show the F up for the Bengals, cause those
    cats look hungry. Denver owns us. And it hurts me.

• I am gonna let my brother-in-law's coach, the legendary Eddie Robinson handle your obvious lil dude knowledge of Grambling's place in college football.

"Son, you see this can of shinola in my hand and that piece of shit on the ground. Well you obviously don't know the difference between shit and shinola. Cause if you did, you would show more respect for my program which produced 200 pro players (more than any other in history). You would show respect for the hall of famers Willie Brown, Buck Buchanan and Willie Davis, Superbowl MVP Doug Williams, and stand outs like Charlie Joiner, Frank Lewis, Essex Johnson, Billy Newsome and John Mendenhall. Furthermore you would show respect for Jake Reed, stalwart of the mid 90s Vikings, who played along side DrWu's brother at wide receiver. Of course, I know you played major division one football, so you are more qualified to talk about Michael Vick's inability to make a hot call to save his life more than anybody else. Please, tell us all about your football background. We want to know more. Again thanks for your time you big dummy."

Thanks for stopping in to handle this coach. I really couldn't be bothered.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    BTW Bitches 3-0!!!!!!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    They better show the F up for the Bengals ....

THE PATRIOTS ARE AN AVERAGE TEAM

you will lose to Cincinnati next week & the Dolphins will contribute to your slow death the following week

2 and 3 .... DEAL WITH IT !

BTW Bitches 3-0!!!!!!

Laugh Now,Cry Later[/b]

Oct 1 San Diego

Oct 9 @Denver

Oct 15 Carolina

Oct 29 @New Orleans

Nov 5 Cincinnati

Nov 19 Atlanta

Nov 26 Pittsburgh

Nov 30 @Cincinnati

Dec 10 @Kansas City

Dec 24 @Pittsburgh

• DAAAAAM... Kurt Warner has got to go. Arizona better start the Matt Leinart era as of next week.
    Yesssssuuuuuur, 3 picks and a key fumble when all they had to do was sit on it and kick a field goal. I really wanted to see Rackers try the 67 yard free kick though. Since when can you un-decline a penalty?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    BTW Bitches 3-0!!!!!!

Laugh Now,Cry Later[/b]

Oct 1 San Diego

Oct 9 @Denver

Oct 15 Carolina

Oct 29 @New Orleans

Nov 5 Cincinnati

Nov 19 Atlanta

Nov 26 Pittsburgh

Nov 30 @Cincinnati

Dec 10 @Kansas City

Dec 24 @Pittsburgh

Dood, get real we're going undefeated.

They better show the F up for the Bengals ....

you will lose to Cincinnati next week & the Dolphins will contribute to your slow death the following week

2 and 3 .... DEAL WITH IT !

Dude, wtf? At least I can admit and address the issues the Pats
    have - and the problems they have can be dealt with easily enough.

You come on here and pick the Dolphins every week like you think
    they are the rising stars of the AFC - but they started 0-2, and barely
    pulled out an embarassing win yesterday after Culpepper got sacked FIVE times.
    Have your little gloat over the Patriots losing to the one team they always
    have problems with - they are still 2-1 and 2-0 in the division, while your
    fish are 1-2 and 0-1 in the division. Enjoy your scraped-out "victory" over
    an awful team, LOL. The J-E-T-S are better than you guys, LOL LOL!

New England Miami still does not impress ...

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

the Dolphins will contribute to your slow death the following week

yr dreaming.

the patriots may be weak sauce this year, but compared to the rest of their division, they are fucking superstars

• New Orleans let Green Bay Atlanta [/b] score 30 points ...

New Orleans let Green Bay Atlanta [/b] score 30 points ...

Damn Gene....... you got me again ....i'm staying away from you

Drew Brees is official ........Daunte should be in a Saints jersey ...we signed the wrong QB

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    so I only got three games wrong with the spread....good enough to get me my work pool.... I was impressed with the Saints tonight.

with the spread.....

5-2-1

Date placed:
    Sep 25, 2006 7:48p

Atlanta Falcons -5 (-115)

Outcome:
    Loss[/b]

The curse of Gene follows me

Date placed:
    Sep 24, 2006 8:20p

Denver Broncos +230

Outcome:
    Win[/b]

Money line ! Denver straight up !

Date placed:
    Sep 24, 2006 12:47p

Minnesota Vikings +4?? (-115)

Outcome:
    Win[/b]

easiest game all year

Date placed:

Green Bay Packers +7 (-125)

Outcome:
    Win[/b]

Date placed:

New York Jets +6 (-115)

Outcome:
    Win[/b]

This was a trap line ...

Date placed:

Carolina Panthers -3?? (-115)

Outcome:
    Loss[/b]

Date placed:

Cincinnati Bengals +1 (-105)

Outcome:
    Win[/b]

Date placed:

Indianapolis Colts -7 (+110)

Outcome:
    Push[/b]

i stayed away from the afternoon games .....

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I got burned by the colts, panthers and falcons....
    Will Vick ever take a team to the promised land?