THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Via the Sports Guy, the Aaron Brooks glitch in the European version Madden 2007 (if you're playing in superstar mode and don't control the QB, he'll throw backward on every play). Really, could this be called anything BUT the "Aaron Brooks glitch?"

• My man Wes Welker was killin it in the first half.

Yeah he was. Where the fuck did that guy come from?

lbk

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Wow, the Patriots look like SHIT.

Here's hoping for those legendary "half-time adjustments."

• Wow, the Patriots look like SHIT.

Here's hoping for those legendary "half-time adjustments."

ROUGH first half...running game looks great, though.

posting from the press box.

"half-time adjustments."

THAT'S what I am TALKING ABOUT!

Winning on a safety =

Maroney is a MONSTER. PATS in 1st place and we ain't letting go!

• debardebar 215 Posts
    #91 on the Bengals is officially on my hit list. I wish nothing but the worst on that dude. The CBS announcers can dress it up all they want saying he was blocked into Green, but he was on his way down before he got blocked. I really hope the NFL looks at that hit.

• #91 on the Bengals is officially on my hit list. I wish nothing but the worst on that dude. The CBS announcers can dress it up all they want saying he was blocked into Green, but he was on his way down before he got blocked. I really hope the NFL looks at that hit.

Man, its football...it happens fast, and if Trent Green is running for a first down, and you are trying to hit him, and you get pushed??? Contact and injuries happen. No one likes it, and yes it is sad, but c'mon...Kimo Von Olhaffen didn't try to hurt Carson Palmer, and he wasn't trying to hurt Trent Green. They were all just playing football, and the players know that.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    Sorry, if a QB slides feet first, you cannot go down and hit him. He may not have intentionally tried to hurt him, but a rule is a rule, and the block happened after he already launched himself at Green.

• Sorry, if a QB slides feet first, you cannot go down and hit him. He may not have intentionally tried to hurt him, but a rule is a rule, and the block happened after he already launched himself at Green.

when i saw it, i thought, yes, he slid, but he was going for yardage. and, in a league where you are down BY CONTACT, you've got to make contact as quickly as possible.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    I don't want to get into an argument over football, but when a quarterback slides feet first, he is giving himself up and is DOWN the moment his knee is on the ground. No contact needed. That's the rule. I'd just like the league to look at that hit, which I'm sure they will. And if they see the play the same way I see it, then that guy should be fined. That's all I'm saying.

As far as me wishing the worst on him, that was a little extreme, but I certainly won't be cheering him on.

• Week One comments pt. 1:

Do y'all beezies who believe that the Dallas Howboys are Super Bowl bound understand now? I know it's only week one and Jacksonville is a pretty good team, but Dallas is NOT the real deal, and T.O. ain't gonna change that.

I take back anything I said about Reggie Bush not having a R.O.Y. caliber season. Dude is the truth... he's a way harder and tougher runner than I ever thought he was. I'll say it again, Houston made as bad as mistake passing on Bush as the Trailblazers did when they picked Sam Bowie over Jordan. I don't care what your needs are (and the Texans DO need defensive help badly, i admit), when you have a chance to nab "jesus in cleats" you gotta do it.

The Arizona Cardinals recievers are (that's not news, but DAMN it was looking like St. Louis' super bowl years with Warner slingin' it to those dudes today)

The 49ers are definitely getting better... they're gonna upset a few teams this season.

I know Mike Vick usually does well against Carolina for some reason, but I didn't expect Atlanta to take it to those dudes like that. And those Seattle batches almost gettin' whupped by Detroit??? WTF? If Seattle and Carolina are the favorites in the NFC, they might as well not even play the season and just send the conference championship trophy to Philadelphia right now.

Baltimore is ... that's a team the AFC is gonna have to reckon with. If Indy gets them in the playoffs I can see Payton Manning's ass going home earrrrrly yet again.

St. Louis over Denver? That was a good pick, edpowers. I didn't see that coming, even though I don't like those Denver beeyotches.

Brett Favre, your ass should have RETIRED. It's gon' be a long season for you cheesehead muthaf***as.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Ravens 27 Bucs 0. All I wanna say is "HELL YEAH".

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Phill knows football a lot better than he knows hoops...

Dallas will do nothing without an Offensive line. The first drive today looked too easy.....then the Offensive line disappeared until 4 minutes to go in the game.....and they just cut a guy who started all 16 games for them last year.

They look like a .500 team.

• Phill knows football a lot better than he knows hoops...

Yeah, I know hoops too, I just don't follow the NBA teams (especially west coast teams) like I do NFL teams. And I also need to respond to this little statement by edpowers that I pretty much ignored since it was so ridiculous-

#2)i have more football than everyone else on soulstrut ....x's 10 ........when someone removes the crown from my blessed head ....then they can author "important" NFL related threads....i mean, we wont debate this ....right? ........so... i do encourage others to start "NFL WEEK #" threads ....but, all season ending,beginning,playoff,super bowl.....you know, "important" threads i command.....

I want to make this 100% clear since we probably have some newbies here that don't really know what it is... PHILL MOST RULES EVERYTHING THAT IS NFL RELATED ON SOULSTRUT[/b]. Go back to all NFL threads and see the on a regular basis. One lost bet does not negate my DECADES of armchair quarterback experience, edpowers. I give you your respect, son... you do have a pretty good understanding of what's going on, as do other soulstrut footballers. BUT I am claiming that No. 1 spot. BOW DOWN TO A TRUE PIMP. (I'm just kidding but I'm so serious at the same time)

• BTW, whoever did this graemlin is a genius.

• Week One comments pt. 1:

Do y'all beezies who believe that the Dallas Howboys are Super Bowl bound understand now? I know it's only week one and Jacksonville is a pretty good team, but Dallas is NOT the real deal, and T.O. ain't gonna change that.

I take back anything I said about Reggie Bush not having a R.O.Y. caliber season. Dude is the truth... he's a way harder and tougher runner than I ever thought he was. I'll say it again, Houston made as bad as mistake passing on Bush as the Trailblazers did when they picked Sam Bowie over Jordan. I don't care what your needs are (and the Texans DO need defensive help badly, i admit), when you have a chance to nab "jesus in cleats" you gotta do it.

The Arizona Cardinals recievers are (that's not news, but DAMN it was looking like St. Louis' super bowl years with Warner slingin' it to those dudes today)

The 49ers are definitely getting better... they're gonna upset a few teams this season.

I know Mike Vick usually does well against Carolina for some reason, but I didn't expect Atlanta to take it to those dudes like that. And those Seattle batches almost gettin' whupped by Detroit??? WTF? If Seattle and Carolina are the favorites in the NFC, they might as well not even play the season and just send the conference championship trophy to Philadelphia right now.

Baltimore is ... that's a team the AFC is gonna have to reckon with. If Indy gets them in the playoffs I can see Payton Manning's ass going home earrrrrly yet again.

St. Louis over Denver? That was a good pick, edpowers. I didn't see that coming, even though I don't like those Denver beeyotches.

Brett Favre, your ass should have RETIRED. It's gon' be a long season for you cheesehead muthaf***as.

You realize you guys played Houston right? Not impressed hommie.

The Hawks played like shit but somehow we won. I still don't like Holmgren. He is a pussy ass playcaller. 3rd and 7 draw plays all day today. We need to figure out our left guard real quick. Pork Chop was gettin burnt!!!!

• You realize you guys played Houston right? Not impressed hommie.

Well, I didn't do any bragging about how we MANHANDLED the Texans today, but since you brought it up...

Yo, Philly did what they were supposed to do, dominate a lesser opponent. The Seagulls didn't do the same today, hommie. It's a long season, I know... they still better be careful they don't get caught up in that super bowl loser jinx schitt.
    I'm not talking big schitt about the Eagles until after next week. If they put a whuppin' on the Giants then I will be officially convinced that we are the chosen ones in the NFC this year (or at least very legit contenders). Right now the jury's still out on my Birds. The Giants are losing to the Colts right now, but they still look like a potentially scary team. When we play them it'll be a good test to see just how potent Philly really is.

• Ravens 27 Bucs 0. All I wanna say is "HELL YEAH".

That's what I'm talking bout

If McNair doesn't get hurt, it's gonna get ugly in the AFC Central.

• If McNair doesn't get hurt, it's gonna get ugly in the AFC Central.

That's the only thing that's gonna derail the Ravens. McNair ALWAYS gets hurt. They go right back to mediocre when Kyle Boller comes in. Maybe slightly above mediocre, but certainly not a Super Bowl team.

early assement: I underated the impact of mcnair. damn.

Just wanted to drop in for a second and say

TIKI BARBER IS S I C K [/b] !!!!!!

Ok thanks.

PS

go pats

• BRANDON JACOBS!!!!!

• TIKI BARBER IS S I C K [/b] !!!!!!

He is. That kid Jacobs is a MONSTER too. 260+ lb tailback???
    I can't lie, I'm concerned about dealing with the G-men in the NFC east. Philly vs NYG should be very interesting next week.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    BTW, whoever did this graemlin is a genius.

he he, Phill thinks I'm a genius.

As a Niners fan, I've been pretty quiet in these threads (rightfully so). But today's loss made me feel better than all of their wins last year. Who would have thought that
    They look like a .500 team.
    would be a statement of optimism

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

not a good look....I can't believe a stupid game gets me so worked up when my team loses...At least the Eagles looked good!

• autezautez 404 Posts
    trent green is my main quarterback in both of my fantasy leagues.

niners are also my team and that was a fun game to watch even though they lost.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Ravens 27 Bucs 0. All I wanna say is "HELL YEAH".

I didn't see the game today (wrong coast) but I think people are forgetting that it was defense that scored and won this game. I agree that mcnair is key but it's the defense that will win them the divison (or not). I cannot wait to see the Pittsburgh live after Thanksgiving with the inlaws.

I didn't see the game today (wrong coast) but I think people are forgetting that it was defense that scored and won this game. I agree that mcnair is key but it's the defense that will win them the divison (or not). I cannot wait to see the Pittsburgh live after Thanksgiving with the inlaws.
    I'm sorry, J***n, but I don't agree with this statement.
    Substitute McNair with Kyle and see how much points they put up.
    I guarantee it won't be in the double digits.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Pats trade Branch to Seahawks

How you feelin' 'bout that, Mr. Wizzle/other Seahawks fans?