THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    For all the hatters.....4-0, batches

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    They better show the F up for the Bengals ....

THE PATRIOTS ARE AN AVERAGE TEAM

you will lose to Cincinnati next week & the Dolphins will contribute to your slow death the following week

2 and 3 .... DEAL WITH IT !

GOOD CALL MAN![/b]

Are you impressed yet? We just destroyed those bitches.

Well, at least the Dolphins faced a nice cakewalk against Houston this week!

OOPS![/b]

1-3 and fading fast, Miami. See you in Foxborough next week.

Apologies to the many Seahawks fans on here, but HOT DAMN
    the Bears are laying the smackdown with AUTHORITY!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Apologies to the many Seahawks fans on here, but HOT DAMN
    the Bears are laying the smackdown with AUTHORITY!

You can bet SNL is working on a new updated "Da Bears" skit.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

if you count beating the titans and raiders as wins...and didn't yall almost lose to the browns?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

if you count beating the titans and raiders as wins...and didn't yall almost lose to the browns?

It's my understanding that if you almost lose the superbowl, they still put a ring on your finger.

• woot woot. CRUSHED the seahawks. can't no one say anything about the bears now. we aren't JUST a defensive team anymore. i won't even say anything else, i'll let the bears speak for themselves.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    ok ..we suck

Our coach is the gheyest man to ever live......he cant throw a goddamn flag five yards...he has this sorry ass, miserable, confused look on his face all the time ....when he does get pissed, he nags ....he's always slappin players on the ass saying good job.....everything has some positive fuckin spin on it.....he wont play Joey because he doesn't want to hurt Daunte's fuckin feelings.....WHEN EVERYBODY KNOWS DAUNTE IS STILL HURT !!! EVEN DAUNTE'S BODY LANGUAGE IS SAYING PULL ME MOTHERFCOKEAR !!!! I'M HURT !!!!!!!

Daunte: Despite being hurt he still has issues ...he holds the goddamn ball too goddamn long....which is why he always fumbles ....which is why he was only sucessful throwing deep with Moss and an excellent O-Line....I never did like Daunte but i got caught up in the "experts" and what they were saying.....the perfect trade would be DAUNTE CULPEPPER FOR LAMONT JORDAN....... .......Joey is perfect right now....he'll throw 15 interceptions ...but he'll throw 20 touchdowns.....FUCKIUANG PLAY JOEY @@#!!!! YOU PUCSSSYY !!!

Ronnie Brown is painful to watch he's so terrible..i've never seen a running back stop in the middle of a run as much as this man does.....dude just stops..the shit is unbeleiveable to watch...he runs and before he hits the gap he stops and cuts back ...for no fucking reason at all .......the O-Line is worthless ...Marty Booker should be in the CFL ...he drops more fucking passes !!.........The D-Line is old ....Zach is old....the secondary is a mess ....

so yeah...we suck

but hopefully we'll catch the Patroits sleeping sunday and fight our way back in this because Mangini is a maniac up there in New York ...dude is doing all kinda crazy shit.. throwing games away ...the Jets could easily be undefeated...instead their 2-2......and Buffalo is a basic 500 team
    KEEP HOPE ALIVE !!!!

Kim "Statue" Ethridge

Hot or Not ?

HOT !...... .......PEACE,ED

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Lil' "WTF Wrong Wit' You" Kim

Hot or Not ?

YEESH !...... .......PEACE,DNICE

I just watched the replay of the Jets/Colts game -
    holy shit that game was completely NUTS!

I hate the Jets but I wanted them to win...and they
    really should have - if they had scored on that final
    play with the 10 laterals, it would have gone down as
    the GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME!

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

1-3 and fading fast, Miami. See you in Foxborough next week.

that defensive back in the background looks like he just gave up. damn i had the dolphins winning the afc east too.

in other news, my bills are slowly coming around. jp losman is gaining some confidence, willis is running hard, peerless is back and the buffalo defense can not be messed with. i'll be happy with an 8-8 bills season.

-richard

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Note to the pundits. Please stop talking about the Ravens going to the Superbowl. You gonna fuck this whole thing up.

• NOT ENOUGH NFL TALK.

WHERE YOU AT, RAVENS FANS? CAN YOU SAY EXPOSED?

AND, INDY? WHAT WAS THAT??

LET'S PICK UP THE POST PACE!

• G, I dunno if you can say the Ravens were "exposed". If you ain't know that offense was still bad, you were sleeping. The real question for me after MNF is "is the Broncos Defense for real". They appear to be. Gawd, their offense w/ Plummer is bad too though. Does Cutler maybe see the field this year.

Matt Leinart is gonna be good. He looked good in PS and he was solid against KC on Sunday. Green got too cute. Shoulda pounded Edge in the second half.

That Philly/Dallas game was pretty wildly entertaining. Little bit of everything in that one. Big plays on D, big plays on O......good stuff.

How am I supposed to take Dallas as a serious SB contender when they don't even have their QB situation straight? Mort was on last night saying that although Bledsoe is still the starter, he expects Romo to take over at some point. "At some point"? Sounds like they don't have the best guy in there right now. You need to build continuity. They should make the switch.

Is St. Louis a pretender at 4-1? Are the Saints? St. Louis plays a weak division so they could make the playoffs. The NFC South is considerably tougher and the Saints have 8 games against the NFC East and AFC North. That's brutal. I'd say the Saints are a good team but their schedule could work against them.

What else?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    What happened to my Steelers??

• G, I dunno if you can say the Ravens were "exposed". If you ain't know that offense was still bad, you were sleeping. The real question for me after MNF is "is the Broncos Defense for real". They appear to be. Gawd, their offense w/ Plummer is bad too though. Does Cutler maybe see the field this year.

Denver Defense is no joke (especially Red Zone D). Our QB is though. Thank god for Tatum Bell, he saved Plummer's ass last night after his 6 yard first half. Cutler won't see the field this year though, I don't see it happenning. Unless an angry elway/bronco fan rips jake's throwing arm off and beats him to death with it, that is... But for real, Cutler doesn't know the routes and the plays enough to even stand a chance, although a lot of people would like to see him in out of their sheer hate for plummer. Our D is gonna take us wherever we're going this year, but I don't know how far that will be... Plummer has 5 interceptions after 4 games, I think he only had 7 all last season.

Denver Defense is no joke (especially Red Zone D). Our QB is though. Thank god for Tatum Bell, he saved Plummer's ass last night after his 6 yard first half. Cutler won't see the field this year though, I don't see it happenning. Unless an angry elway/bronco fan rips jake's throwing arm off and beats him to death with it, that is... But for real, Cutler doesn't know the routes and the plays enough to even stand a chance, although a lot of people would like to see him in out of their sheer hate for plummer. Our D is gonna take us wherever we're going this year, but I don't know how far that will be... Plummer has 5 interceptions after 4 games, I think he only had 7 all last season.

Denver's Line/Linebackers are sick, and then you add Champ Baily to the secondary, and they could take the AFC if Plummer can keep the INTs down. They could beat anyone in the league.

The colts tough time was a surprise, especially at home, but it just goes to show that with division games, all goes out the window; see also the ugly ass Pats-Dolphins game from Sunday.

Ed, Joey looked better than Daunte; his second pick was a flukey tip, so don't believe those numbers, everyone. The drive he led just before halftime was great.

The Rams could slide on a week division. Saints better watch out, as Carolina looks like they may have their shit back in order.

Oof on the Steeles; just goes to show how tough it is to repeat in this league. They've had flashes of brilliance in every game, but teams are throwing the kitchen sink at them, and Ben is throwing ducks to D-Backs. Not a good combination...

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Week 5 observations:

Denny Green, unless Matt Leinart can get the Cards on like an 8 game winning streak, will not make it through the season. This was the year these dudes were supposed to finally make that step into respectability, and guess what? Same old Cardinals. I think Leinart is gonna be the real deal, though, so maybe he can do enough to save Denny's job (it'll be harder to do with Fitzgerald hurt, though... even when he comes back I don't think he'll be himself the rest of the season)

All that talk about the NFC East being this 4-team slugfest, I think we can end that discussion now, can't we? It's the Eagles and then everybody else, put em in whatever order you want from 2 to 4. They still need a running game, though.

Chicago looks impressive and could very easily be 15-1 or 14-2 with their powderpuff schedule. Am I impressed? Only a little. They went 13-3 back in 2001... anybody remember how that season ended for them? This 2006 Bears team doesn't strike me as a whole lot different- or better- than that 2001 Bears team. Grossman, Grossman, Grossman... mark my words, as I've said before, he's a poor man's Brett Favre who will chuck it up without looking if he starts taking some hits.

Everybody talks about the Ravens and Bears defenses, but the Broncos are for real. There's a lot of good D's in the league this year... San Diego's no joke, either.

Did anybody see Larry Johnson get his head damn near ripped off in that KC-Arizona game? Worse facemasking that I think I ever saw. The way he laid motionless right after, I swear I thought he was dead or at best his neck was broken. Glad to see him walk off under his own power after that schitt.

Reggie Bush finally got into the end zone against Tampa Bay and he's leading the league in receptions, but he's also seeing that it's not so easy to make those big plays in the NFL as it was in college. At USC he could get around the corner with ease... in the pros the defenses are sealing that schitt off on the regular and guiding his ass right out of bounds. He's still a bad mofo, though... I think Sean Payton has to come up with some better schemes to utilize his abilities (more screen passes, like Philly does with Westbrook maybe)

I would talk about how bad Miami is, but edpowers already knows this so I won't rub it in (they do really suck, though )

The AFC better watch out for New England... again. Contrary to popular preseason belief, they are FAR from done.

I am so underwhelmed by the Colts it's not even funny. I don't see this team as a Super Bowl participant at all, 5-0 or not (BTW, anybody hear the rumor floating around that Corey Simon has HIV? Hope it's just a rumor)

Didn't we all know that T.O. would implode as soon as things didn't go his way? the dude will never change. This is only the beginning... it's gonna get worse, trust me.

• PHil Most -

Pretty on point. I remember how 2001 ended for the Bears. Hugh Douglas royally fucked up Jim Miller on a possibly dirty play and that was that. Iggles kilt 'em in that game, at Soldier no less. C'mon tho PM, this team is a lot better. Lovie Smith is ten times the coach Jauron was. Their secondary is much better...I believe that team started McQuarters and Azumah, this Bears team has Ricky Manning Jr as its *nickel back*. Not saying you should hand them the trophy just yet, but the Bears are the CLEAR favorites at this point, IMO. Check their 3 game roadie to the East Coast in November: @ NYG, @ NYJ and @ NE. That'll be the proving ground.

And dood, you do realize Reggie Bush leads the *NFL* in receptions, don't you? I don't know how much more involved Payton can get #25 in teh passing game cos he's already all up in that bitch. Reggie needs to learn to pick a lane and go. He does way too much pitty-pattin' around w/ his feet right now, especially on punt returns, the 65 yard GAME WINNER not withstanding.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    What happened to my Steelers??

Big Ben is playing scared. That is the single biggest issue I see. Losing Randle-El doesn't help, either, but really the team shouldn't be as bad as this. That championship hangover is a doozy.

Personally, I think they rushed Big Ben back too soon. Batch was doing fine--let him keep doing fine while Ben slowly brings himself back up to being game-ready.

• Steelers have more wrong than Big Ben, although he hasn't been up to par. No more Bettis = no more big power back. Najeh Davenport, closet crapper and Green Bay castoff is NOT the answer. They shoulda dealt for TJ Duckett in the offseason. But that defense isn't dominant right now either. They let Phillip Rivers do some thangs against them although I think he's a good QB.

And on the Chargers, I don't care how good they are, I refuse to believe a "Marty Ball" team can even MAKE the Super Bowl.

• NOT ENOUGH NFL TALK.

WHERE YOU AT, RAVENS FANS? CAN YOU SAY EXPOSED?

AND, INDY? WHAT WAS THAT??

LET'S PICK UP THE POST PACE!

McNair made some really bad decisions. We have a tough schedule coming up. The next few weeks are going be a real test.

Carolina
    @ New Orleans
    Cincinnati

What the hell has happened to Jamal Lewis? What a disappointment. I don't know why we traded Chester Taylor.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Najeh Davenport, closet crapper

Oh shit (pun partially intended), I had forgotten about that episode. Knowledge dropped like a turd in a closet!

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

Chicago looks impressive and could very easily be 15-1 or 14-2 with their powderpuff schedule. Am I impressed? Only a little. They went 13-3 back in 2001... anybody remember how that season ended for them? This 2006 Bears team doesn't strike me as a whole lot different- or better- than that 2001 Bears team. Grossman, Grossman, Grossman... mark my words, as I've said before, he's a poor man's Brett Favre who will chuck it up without looking if he starts taking some hits.

i think the bears are foreals... granted the cream puff schedule but thats not their fault. they smashed my bills pretty bad and my bills got a solid defense too.

Ed, Joey looked better than Daunte

Joey looked VERY good....He's an aggressive QB with a respectable enough defense behind him so i dont mind an interception or two ...He'll put points on the board once he gets comfortable with the receivers ...not for that fluke interception and Ronnie Brown being alive things could have turned out different

I wouldn't be surpised if Chicago catches one this Sunday

• Reggie Bush finally got into the end zone against Tampa Bay and he's leading the league in receptions, but he's also seeing that it's not so easy to make those big plays in the NFL as it was in college. At USC he could get around the corner with ease... in the pros the defenses are sealing that schitt off on the regular and guiding his ass right out of bounds. He's still a bad mofo, though... I think Sean Payton has to come up with some better schemes to utilize his abilities (more screen passes, like Philly does with Westbrook maybe)

Reggie Bush isn't making the huge plays, but because teams have to focus on stopping Reggie Bush I think it's really opened up the running game for Deuce McAllister and allowed him to put up the numbers he has. Back before they had Bush McAllister wasn't getting nearly the production he is now. Bush makes it doubly hard since he can be either a running back or a receiver so teams really have to keep him in check. I still think the Texans made a dumb draft pick.

• Najeh Davenport, closet crapper

Oh shit (pun partially intended), I had forgotten about that episode. Knowledge dropped like a turd in a closet!

A friend of mine who lives in Wisconsin and is a huge Packers fan affectionately calls him "Najeh Davenpoop".

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    PHill[/b] Most -

Pretty on point. I remember how 2001 ended for the Bears. Hugh Douglas royally fucked up Jim Miller on a possibly dirty play and that was that. Iggles kilt 'em in that game, at Soldier no less. C'mon tho PM, this team is a lot better. Lovie Smith is ten times the coach Jauron was. Their secondary is much better...I believe that team started McQuarters and Azumah, this Bears team has Ricky Manning Jr as its *nickel back*. Not saying you should hand them the trophy just yet, but the Bears are the CLEAR favorites at this point, IMO. Check their 3 game roadie to the East Coast in November: @ NYG, @ NYJ and @ NE. That'll be the proving ground.

Don't get me wrong, I respect the way the Bears are murdering people. Looking at the final scores so far this year, they're crushing fools worse than the '85 Bears did! But from actually watching the games, I don't think the scores really reflect what's up with this team- they're good, but not THAT good. Their defense in 2001 was too... usually against inferior teams, just like this season. yeah, Chicago is the NFC favorite, no doubt... I can't see them not getting homefield advantage at this point. I still see some flaws that can be exploited, mostly from the QB position. Only time is gonna tell, but I like the Eagles' chances in a playoff match up against Da Bears, even if it's in Soldier Field.

And dood, you do realize Reggie Bush leads the *NFL* in receptions, don't you? I don't know how much more involved Payton can get #25 in teh passing game cos he's already all up in that bitch. Reggie needs to learn to pick a lane and go. He does way too much pitty-pattin' around w/ his feet right now, especially on punt returns, the 65 yard GAME WINNER not withstanding.

He's got 34 receptions but for only 250 yards, which isn't a lot for that many catches. I think they need to design plays that will do a better job of letting him run in space, one-on-one matchups with linebackers, etc. All they need to do is look at how Philly does it with Westbrook, that's the perfect example. I don't see the Saints running enough plays like that which properly exploit his talents. Too many times I'm seeing him get the ball with nowhere to run- that should not be happening with all the other weapons they have on that team.