THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Missed figgie...holy shit. What a theft of a win for Chicago.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    BLINK>FONT SIZE=7>C H O K E/FONT>/BLINK>

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts

The Cardinals have a Ph.D. in blowing it.

Game's not over yet...

now it is, i hope denny green gets fired and the bidwells get in a horrific firey car wreck. do you hear me god? thank you.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    This has been a weird ass season. Neil Rackers NEVER misses kicks like that! I really have my doubts that Denny Green's gonna make it through this season. The whole Cardinals' franchise is cursed or some schitt, that's the only answer i have for these losers.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    arizona had about 4000 carries for 20 yards and they're going to try to run the ball twice at the end of the game to try to get a first down (after passing for 30 yards straight down the field)

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

The Cardinals have a Ph.D. in blowing it.[/b]

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    !!!!!!!GAAAWDDDAMMMITTTT !!!!!!

arizona had about 4000 carries for 20 yards and they're going to try to run the ball twice at the end of the game to try to get a first down (after passing for 30 yards straight down the field)

Yeah, but they were more than close enough for dude to make that kick. If they did anything wrong it's that they didn't run it to the middle of the field, so that the kick wouldn't have had to come from the left hashmark. The schitt is just unbelievable.

FUK

& SCHITT

• montymonty 420 Posts

BLINK>UNBELIEVABLE DAMMIT ALL/BLINK>

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    do I hear the ??????

speaking of the cardinals' rushing woes, Edge James' stats for tonight: 36 carries, 55 yards[/b]

this has GOT to be a record of some kind. that schitt is damn near impossible to do.

• Wow as an Eagles fan I gotta say.. to Arizona fans. And I thought the Eagles loss was depressing. Damn, even I feel bad for you guys.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

Yeah, but they were more than close enough for dude to make that kick. If they did anything wrong it's that they didn't run it to the middle of the field, so that the kick wouldn't have had to come from the left hashmark. The schitt is just unbelievable.

yeah true. although i think they couldve given the dude a tee to kick off of and hed probably still miss. thats just the cardinals luck

• What a crazy game. Best MNF I've seen in a while, maybe since that ill TB/Colts game a few years back.

Did y'all see Urlacher tonight? That was a HOF performance. He was in on almost every play. Lance Briggs 13 solo tackles. Urlacher 11 solo tackles.

Grossman won't have too many games like that. To me, this game reinforces how good the Bears are. That was a hostile environment w/ a ready-made Hollywood story they tried to force down our throats...and there go the Bears winning w/ only 2 of 3 functioning units. Unbelievable.

Hide the razorblades in Phoenix. Aren't you glad you got that cheddar, Big Edgerrin?

The Bears are an average team with a gay schedule

they suck ass on the road and have the easiest home schedule in NFL history

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    LOL reading that whole stretch of you guys posting during
    MNF was hilarious after the fact - but you all ignored one
    crucial thing:

[color:green] THE CARDS PAID OFF[/b] [/color]

• debardebar 215 Posts

Did y'all see Urlacher tonight? That was a HOF performance. He was in on almost every play. Lance Briggs 13 solo tackles. Urlacher 11 solo tackles.

I think both of them whiffed on a couple of huge plays in the first quarter, but other than that, yes...they both played a great game, they were in the backfield before Edge had taken 2 steps most plays.

Grossman won't have too many games like that.

Agreed. I think this will be a huge wake up call for that offense & especially Grossman to either reel it in a bit and/or to spend the next 2 weeks working on fundamentals like NOT throwing off your back foot. I believe Thomas Jones will see a lot more touches in their Week 8 game against the 49ers.

Other Week 6 thoughts:

Let's please settle down on the Steelers. They will come back down to earth against the Falcons. They will not make the playoffs.
    Steve Smith has a legit case for MVP this year just like he did last year.
    I said it last year also, but Torry Holt will be a first ballot Hall of Famer. Currently the second best WR behind Smith.
    The NFC seems to have caught up to the AFC this year.
    Edge is earning every dollar he's been paid running behind that line.

Who are the bonafide next-in-line star QB's in this 3rd year & younger group? Big Ben, Eli, Leinart, Rivers, Smith, Young, Frye & Gradkowski (& Cutler, Campbell & Rodgers when they get their shots) In 4-5 years when these guys start hitting their prime, the current crop (Manning, Brady, Palmer, McNabb & Vick-not a great QB but a star nontheless) will still be producing. Looks like there won't be a 4-5 year gap like there was between [Young, Aikman & Favre] & the current crop. For the record, not including Eli (who is already being molded into a marketable QB) Leinart & Rodgers are my picks with Vince Young being the new-age Vick.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Man if this happened to my team I would be depressed for a month....
    I'm surprised Dennis Green didn't explode on the sideline.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I mean, damn, what else is there to say?

Leinart looked to be making a historical rookie quarterback Monday Night debut.

Chicago's vulnerability was in question.

Chicago's defense answered the call.
    Arizona sticks to what they know best, losing.

Who do they have next week...Oakland?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Man if this happened to my team I would be depressed for a month....
    I'm surprised Dennis Green didn't explode on the sideline.

It's not my team, and I am depressed.

All this 16-0 hype with the Bears -- you want them to lose. Especially with their lax schedule.

• Dennis Green was in a funk band in the late '60s called the Thundering Herd.
    No shit.

• As tough a loss as that was, it isn't unexpected. These are what teams have to go through to get better...Its the 'Not Ready for Primetime,' aspect of the game.

We were talking about this at work yesterday after the Bengals lost to the Bucs. A good team has to bury those bad teams; you have to be a mentally tough team to finish off a team on Monday night.

The Cardinals are talented, with serious (SERIOUS) holes on the O line, who are not mentally tough enough to finish off a team like the Bears in primetime. As soon as Mike Brown returned that first TD, you had to know that the Bears had something to say about this game before it was over.

The Cardinals have some great talent. Leinart looks to have real skill, and they have some decent secondary players. Good WRs...TERRIBLE O line, but they can work on that. But, besides the personnel holes, they need to work on their end game, which is a perfectly normal part of improving in the NFL.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Who do they have next week...Oakland?
    I predict a 3-3 tie.

• Put me in the camp of those who think the NFL is better "when the Bears are good."

They do have an easy schedule though. They play in a cupcake division and drew the NFC West and AFC East this year. All you can do is play the games.

Edpowers, I give you credit for your call, but I question all yr sports takes if you truly think the Bears are an "average" team. That defense alone rates them "above average".

AZ came out w/ emotion and the Bears read their own hype. They'll destroy the Dolphins and Niners at home before they set off on that brutal 3 game roadie in November.

Edpowers, I give you credit for your GREAT[/b] call

Yes,i am the man.

Thank you.

but I question all yr sports takes if you truly think the Bears are an "average" team. That defense alone rates them "above average".

The Bears defense is good but they have holes ..Minnesota figured it out ..and Minnesota should have won that game..

The Bears have not faced a good offensive line YET.... which allows them to drop back in coverage and Urlacher can run around free like Junior used to ....and they have corner issues also...Bolden had 1,000 receving yards last night and Leinert was pitching a gem ....so ...if a team has a lead against them,the Bears blitz ..which causes problems in their secondary ....

Problem was Arizona came out in the 2nd half trying to sit on the lead ...trying to run the ball and throw short..which is what Chicago wanted ...and their biggest mistake was not passing in the red zone (especially on the final drive) ...this was 100% Dennis Green's fault and he knows it ...He got Edegerrin in the off-season when he should have picked up 2 o-linemen ...and he was too unnecessarily conservative in the second half last night

and talk to me about that offense when they face a legit secondary

Green Bay
    Detroit
    Minnesota
    Seattle
    Buffalo
    Arizona

A Quarterback's dream

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Saw this and just had to post it...

Saw this and just had to post it...