THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• Saints game was awesome yesterday. The way the team looked on the field was night & day to the Haslett era. Few penalties, an attacking defense, unpredictable playcalling. Bush is the truth...he's gonna get much much better. With GB on the horizon, 2-0 is a complete possibility and then you ahve the Monday night game back at the Dome against the Dirty Birds.

Not crying "playoffs" or anything, because the schedule is horrendous, but at least we'll be fun to watch.

• Saints game was awesome yesterday. The way the team looked on the field was night & day to the Haslett era. Few penalties, an attacking defense, unpredictable playcalling. Bush is the truth...he's gonna get much much better. With GB on the horizon, 2-0 is a complete possibility and then you ahve the Monday night game back at the Dome against the Dirty Birds.

Not crying "playoffs" or anything, because the schedule is horrendous, but at least we'll be fun to watch.

his catching ability was really impressive. just caught the 'lights, but he looks faux rillz.

his catching ability was really impressive. just caught the 'lights, but he looks faux rillz.

BELEE' DAT!!!!

Pats in a squeaker, eh? When did London Fletcher become London Fletcher-Baker...did dood get married? Seriously tho, how y'all let B'lo come to Foxboro and almost emerge victorious? Who is Brady gonna throw the ball to? Doesn't look they'll be able to hold my man Maroney back for too long. He had more carries than C-Dillon and he was hurt all week!

BELEE' DAT!!!!

Pats in a squeaker, eh? When did London Fletcher become London Fletcher-Baker...did dood get married? Seriously tho, how y'all let B'lo come to Foxboro and almost emerge victorious? Who is Brady gonna throw the ball to? Doesn't look they'll be able to hold my man Maroney back for too long. He had more carries than C-Dillon and he was hurt all week!

Funny game...a lot of people were concerned going in, b/c Buffalo did well at Foxboro last year (similar game...they had a 10 pt. lead w/ 10 minutes to play) and with a new coaching staff, they had NO book on the Dick Jauron Bills. For a division rival, that's tough- as close to a trap game as you get in week 1.

But, despite all that couching, that first play was a serious

Anyway, they did play 1 good half of football, the offense sustained three drives (one being the final, non-scoring drive) and the defense only allowed 10 pts, and none after the first quarter. So, all that is encouraging.

But, it is tough to run 5 Wides when you only dress 3. Receiver is an area of concern, that is for sure....we'll see.

Oh, and word on L-Fletch is that he did that to honor his father, or so was the story that i heard, i think.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Ravens vs Bucs[/b]
    relax folks ...the Ravens are a slightly above average football team.. The Bucs are in the bottom five Nfl teams ....

Colts vs Giants[/b]
    Zebras love Colts

Cardinals vs 49ers[/b]
    a "meaningless" field goal at the end of game

Bears vs Packers[/b]
    Best Defense vs Worst Offense
    26 to Krispy Kreme

Jags vs Cowboys[/b]
    Jags were 12-4 last year ...nuff said

Patriots vs Bills[/b]
    The Patriots are in trouble ...

Bengals vs Chiefs[/b]
    How long before Quarterbacks start wearing skirts ?
    Jesus people...it's football

Eagles vs Texans[/b]
    While Reggie Bush was showing his ass in Cleveland.. Mario "Sam Bowie" Williams had 2 tackles and some dude named Wali Lundy was averaging 2 yards a carry ....

Saints vs Browns[/b]
    The Browns travel to Cincinnati Sunday......How crazy would it be if the Browns only lose by 20 ?

Rams vs Broncos[/b]
    The Rams can run .......nuff said

Falcons vs Panthers[/b]
    When Keyshawn Johnson is your #1 receiver shit happens

Jets vs Titans[/b]
    Jeff Fisher is played out
    I'll save my Vince Young rant

Seahawks vs Lions[/b]
    Holmgren is a stubborn ass

Vikings vs Redskins[/b]
    Joe Gibbs should take his old ass home
    How in the hell can you not motivate your team to win the home opener AGAINST THE VIKINGS after Dallas & New York both lose ?

Oakland vs San Diego[/b]
    its halftime and L.T has 500 yards on the ground already .......I LOVE IT !!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Oakland vs San Diego[/b]
    its halftime and L.T has 500 yards on the ground already .......I LOVE IT !!

amen

• DAMN the Raiders suck!!!!!!!! DAAAAAAAAAAMN. Jets, Titans, Packer, whoever.... ain't no NFL team as bad as these black and silver batches. Randy Moss needs to be cut or suspended IMMEDIATELY- this muthaf***a just straight up stopped playing in the 2nd half. The o-line, Robert Gallery and those other big heifers, is RUBBAGE. I hoped Aaron Brooks would redeem himself in Oakland- ain't gonna happen. He's on his way out of the league, even though this team's ineptitude is hardly all his fault. It ain't even fair to plop this sack of pig schitt on poor Art Shell's lap... it's obvious he only got the head coaching job because nobody else would take it. DAMN.

Beyond

Robert Gallery is the biggest draft bust ever

2004 draft

1 San Diego Eli Manning QB Mississippi
    2 Oakland Robert Gallery T Iowa [/b]
    3 Arizona Larry Fitzgerald WR Pittsburgh[/b]
    4 N.Y. Giants Philip Rivers QB North Carolina State[/b]
    5 Washington Sean Taylor FS Miami
    6 Cleveland Kellen Winslow TE Miami[/b]
    7 Detroit Roy Williams WR Texas
    8 Atlanta DeAngelo Hall CB Virginia Tech[/b]
    9 Jacksonville Reggie Williams WR Washington[/b]
    10 Houston Dunta Robinson CB South Carolina
    11 Pittsburgh Ben Roethlisberger QB Miami[/b]
    12 N.Y. Jets Jonathan Vilma MLB Miami[/b]
    13 Buffalo Lee Evans WR Wisconsin
    14 Chicago Tommie Harris DT Oklahoma
    15 Tampa Bay Michael Clayton WR Louisiana State
    16 Philadelphia Shawn Andrews G Arkansas
    17 Denver D.J. Williams OLB Miami
    18 New Orleans Will Smith DE Ohio State
    19 Miami Vernon Carey T Miami
    20 Minnesota Kenechi Udeze DE Southern California
    21 New England Vince Wilfork DT Miami
    22 Buffalo J.P. Losman QB Tulane[/b]
    23 Seattle Marcus Tubbs DT Texas
    24 St. Louis Steven Jackson RB Oregon State[/b]
    25 Green Bay Ahmad Carroll CB Arkansas
    26 Cincinnati Chris Perry RB Michigan[/b]
    27 Houston Jason Babin OLB Western Michigan
    28 Carolina Chris Gamble CB Ohio State
    29 Atlanta Michael Jenkins WR Ohio State
    30 Detroit Kevin Jones RB Virginia Tech
    31 San Francisco Rashaun Woods WR Oklahoma State
    32 New England Ben Watson TE

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Ravens 27 Bucs 0. All I wanna say is "HELL YEAH".

That's what I'm talking bout
    If McNair doesn't get hurt, it's gonna get ugly in the AFC Central.

early assement: I underated the impact of mcnair. damn.

I didn't see the game today (wrong coast) but I think people are forgetting that it was defense that scored and won this game. I agree that mcnair is key but it's the defense that will win them the divison (or not). I cannot wait to see the Pittsburgh live after Thanksgiving with the inlaws.
    I'm sorry, J***n, but I don't agree with this statement.

Substitute McNair with Kyle and see how much points they put up.
    I guarantee it won't be in the double digits.

Don't get me wrong Boller sucks. But honestly I blame the scheme more than anything. McNair is nice, maybe a great pick up. But let's review the facts once again. Three turnovers for 17 pts. This is what won them a superbowl. No one is really going to score more than 14 pts against if they're healthy. When the D puts up those kind of numbers it's lights out.

• Robert Gallery is the biggest draft bust ever

He was drafted as a RT and played there, fairly well, for two years. Perhpas he's just miscast as an LT?

That was putrid though. We learned nothing about Phillip Rivers last night either.

Robert Gallery is the biggest draft bust ever

He was drafted as a RT and played there, fairly well, for two years.

negative ...he's always been garbage

• Geez, this thread fell off the face of the earth! Should we just start a new one each week, foosball fans, or continue this one all season and go for the record of longest soulstrut thread of all time? Well, whatever... this is what it is for week 2:[/b]

Dolphins over Bills-[/b] I kinda like Buffalo this year, but I can't see the Fins going 0-2 (and I don't think edpowers could take it)
    Vikings over Panthers-[/b] Carolina really underwhelmed me last week... they might win this game but even if they do it'll be close, so I gotta give it to Minny
    Bengals over Browns-[/b] Cincy d impressed the HELL out of me last week
    Bears over Lions-[/b] If Chicago's offense is really as improved as it looked last week against sad ass Green Bay, the whole NFC is gonna have a problem
    Colts over Texans-[/b] no brainer... Houston is terrible
    Saints over Packers-[/b] watch for Saint Reginald to explode all over Lambeau
    Ravens over Raiders-[/b] it might get ugly... Oakland is that bad
    Bucs over Falcons-[/b] they know how to stop Vick, and with John Abraham out Atlanta won't terrorize Simms like they did Delhommie last week
    Seahawks over Cardinals-[/b] I was gonna pick Arizona, for real... but they've still got some serious problems. That big ass o-line still can't beat anybody, and I saw some truly pussy-wussy play from some of those secondary players on the goal line against the 49ers last week. If they play soft like that against Shaun Alexander he's gonna run for 300 yards.
    49ers over Rams-[/b] UPSET. Man, the 49ers are on their way back. They're not there yet, not even close. But they're movin' in the right direction like Steve Parks. I don't know if I'm buying the Rams yet... gotta see more from them.
    Broncos over Chiefs-[/b] might be a tough year for Herm in KC.
    Patriots over Jets-[/b] decisively. Hope the Jets enjoyed that week one victory... there won't be many, if any, more of those.
    Chargers over Titans-[/b] another team in disarray for the Bolts to have their way with
    Cowboys over Redskins-[/b] unless Bledsoe throws another game away, which is possible
    Jaguars over Steelers-[/b] this is gonna be a streetfight
    Eagles vs Giants-[/b] can't pick this one because of my bias as a fan... I will say that the Giants' running backs realllly worry me. If Philly can stop the run, we will win this game... I'm hearing that defensive coordinator Jim Johnson has some unique plans for defending Tiki, Shockey etc., so we'll see

• Robert Gallery is the biggest draft bust ever

He was drafted as a RT and played there, fairly well, for two years.

negative ...he's always been garbage

negative ...he owned folls in college.

Besides, nobody can stop Shawne Merriman.

Gallery will be fine.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Besides, nobody can stop Shawne Merriman.

JEAH!

• debardebar 215 Posts
    Early thoughts:

Rex Grossman is . I know it's the Packers and Lions, but all his throws have looked really sharp this year.

Eagles/Giants looks to be a close one all day today. McNabb doesn't miss T.O. AT ALL.

There seems to be a HUGE, HUGE gap between the best teams in the league this year and the bottom.

• To add on to that,
    -Tampa Bay are playing like doo doo.
    -Culpepper don't look comfortable in Miami.
    -The NFC East is going to be the toughest division in the NFL this year.
    -The NFC North will be the worst (Chicago should win all of their games. Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota aren't seeing these guys).
    -New England will be the AFC East champs.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Eli Manning is getting by the Eagles. Sacked 6 times by the end of the 3rd. Hahah...

Rex Grossman today?

Carson Palmer?

• Giants 24, Eagles 24????????? WTF???????[/b]

Fuck!

• They let that game go. Hopefully, it won't come back to haunt them when they try to win the NFC East.

They let that game go. Hopefully, it won't come back to haunt them when they try to win the NFC East.

We did let that game go; everyone thought it was in the bag. That's dangerous. I do have to give credit to the Giant's consistency in OT. When the running game clearly wasn't working, they stuck to conservative passes, which took them all the way up the field to the end zone. But, it's too early in the season to hear "Are the Eagles falling apart?"

• Fuck!

I'm going to work off some aggression with some b-ball @ 25th-ish & Lombard.

• But, it's too early in the season to hear "Are the Eagles falling apart?"

Most def. It was a fluke. As long as key personnel stay healthy, the Eagles will get at least 10 wins this season.

• But, it's too early in the season to hear "Are the Eagles falling apart?"

Most def. It was a fluke. As long as key personnel stay healthy, the Eagles will get at least 10 wins this season.

The important thing is that the Eagles MANHANDLED the Giants for 3 quarters. They got complacent, thought thay had the game won, and then everything fell apart from there. As mad as I am about this game, it'll be a good thing in the long run as long as it makes them realize that you have to keep your intensity for 60 minutes. Especially against a team as dangerous as the Giants.
    The really bad news: looks like Kearse tore ligaments in his knee in OT.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

That's exactly what they've been saying all week here in Dallas too....we'll find out tonight.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    We did let that game go; everyone thought it was in the bag.

This is happening with the Pats as I type this.

Up 24-0 at the half, now it's 24-17 in the 4th

• Rex Grossman today?

Da Bears are goooona have a great season. We just need to work on our ground, but shit, we're slaughtering. Favre with a completely scoreless game last week?!?!?!

Free Joey

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Loc: Dolphins 16 Bills 13

Now you see what it was like for Brady against that
    Buffalo pass rush last week. Bills are quarterback killers.

Can't say I'm sorry to see the fish @ 0-2 while we go 2-0 against
    the division, though. Oh well - next week you guys get to join the
    beatdown party against TN while we face a real challenge against
    the Broncos. Home advantage may be the one thing to save the Pats next week.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    GO SKINS!

if they win, we'll be 1st seat. thanks NY.

philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost philly lost