NBA 2010 -'11 (Deluxe Version)

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    As much as I hated Matt Barnes when he was on the opposing teams, gotta say the dude is DOING IT BIG with the Lakers. The dude can really do it all.

Stat line for 11/19: 24 minutes; 5 for 5 on threes; 24 points; 7 boards; 6 dimes; 2 steals

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Durant-less OKC beats the Celts.....wow.

"You ever notice, all these really good guards go by D. Wade, D. Rose, J Kidd? Nobody ever called me J. Van Gundy when I was playing!" - Jeff Van Gundy

Rockadelic said:

DOWN GOES BOSTON. DOWN GOOOES BOSTON. Credit Russell Westbrook though. Dude was taking two or three dudes off the dribble.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

I had to leave before the game was over, but watched the 1st three quarters and OKC were just hitting shots, plain and simple.

They were getting the calls, too, but I won't put it on the refs. The C's didn't play badly, OKC just out-shot them. Good game.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    CARLOS BOOZER'S WATCH, PLEEZ.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Blake Griffin was ridiculous last night. Jesus.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    That's called being a homer yuichi

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    maru said:

Yes - that dunk on the Knick Euro-Robot was OD.

batmon said:
    maru said:

44/17/7

b/w

and the Knicks won? SMH.

batmon said:
    and the Knicks won? SMH.

Eric Bledsoe
    Eric Gordon
    DeAndre "I'm Not Mike" Jordan
    Ryan Gomes

Who is this bunch gonna beat??

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    and the Knicks won? SMH.

Eric Bledsoe
    Eric Gordon
    DeAndre "I'm Not Mike" Jordan
    Ryan Gomes

Who is this bunch gonna beat??

They need a PG.
    Gordon is a legit SG.
    Gomes emerged last year and is a good role player that can put up some numbers.
    Griffin is already ROY even if Wall will lead his team to the better record.........
    They need a leader. Baron Davis is straight coasting.
    Caman aint that dude anymore.

I watched them against the Pacers. They arent trash but there's no cohesion(Yuichi-talk).

batmon said:

Griffin is already ROY

My work here is done.

But seriously, is this the first time two overall #1 picks battled for ROY??

The Clippers are simply being themselves like they've been for the last 20 years. Completely hapless with no plan, no leadership, bad ownership, etc. Davis is coasting because he knows the situation. Put him on a good team again, and he would be transformed I bet.

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

Griffin is already ROY

My work here is done.

But seriously, is this the first time two overall #1 picks battled for ROY??

Blake wont get shit if Wall's record is better.

motown67 said:
    The Clippers are simply being themselves like they've been for the last 20 years. Completely hapless with no plan, no leadership, bad ownership, etc. Davis is coasting because he knows the situation. Put him on a good team again, and he would be transformed I bet.

Getting Baron Davis was the mistake for the Clippers.

Vinny Del Negro is over on the sideline looking panicky already. They got no solid veterans or a realiable system up in there. What a waste of excellent young talent in Griffin, Bledsoe, Gordon, and Farouq-Aminu. cuz them dudes can all ball.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    maru said:

44/17/7

b/w

this was awesome

The warriors are falling like a rock. We lost David lee to a freak injury with a guys tooth in Madison square garden and have only won one game since then. We had three winnable games as well but our bench is so thin we couldn't generate any offense down the stretch.

motown67 said:
    The warriors are falling like a rock. We lost David lee to a freak injury with a guys tooth in Madison square garden and have only won one game since then. We had three winnable games as well but our bench is so thin we couldn't generate any offense down the stretch.

Sucks man.

Clips get a win though (over N.O.)! And Blake and Eric Gordon are beasting.

Helps that dudes like Al-Faroq Aminu dropped 16 and role players do the intangibles that win games.

Even as a Laker fan, I really want the Clippers to become a winning ball club. Small steps though.....

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Vinny Del Negro is over on the sideline looking panicky already. They got no solid veterans or a realiable system up in there. What a waste of excellent young talent in Griffin, Bledsoe, Gordon, and Farouq-Aminu. cuz them dudes can all ball.

This is all Vinny really does. I watched him coach two years in Chicago and his skills do not rise about the cursory--whenever they showed him talking on the sidelines he wouldn't be saying anything other than, "Run, run!" or "Go, go!" And the Bulls rarely ran anything that resembled any type of set play.

I still don't understand why the Bulls or the Clippers hired the guy, other than the fact he "interviewed well" both times. You can develop players or you can develop a coach, but not both at once. He is not horrible and he lets the team basically just play--Bulls finished exactly .500 both years under his helm, however, I don't think Vinny is going to give the team any more wins they wouldn't get on their own.

Im plerplexed on how Vinny got the Chicago job in the first place. His ass got banished to The Clips.

Could he have dont the same job that Scott Brooks has done in OKC?

Brooks was a PG - which leads to on court coaching.

I'm watching the Lakers-Bulls game right now on NBA TV. This is a great match-up. Chicago is one of the few teams with the height and skill to actually compete with the Lakers who are playing like a machine this year.

motown67 said:
    I'm watching the Lakers-Bulls game right now on NBA TV. This is a great match-up. Chicago is one of the few teams with the height and skill to actually compete with the Lakers who are playing like a machine this year.

Noah is bullying Pau around under the basket! haha. I only caught the last half, but it was a competitive game.

Lakers have had a really weak schedule though. And maybe it's cuz Bynum is out, but I don't like how Kobe is forcing up shots again. I've seen it happen before. It could be a recipe for disaster when they meet Boston.....because Paul Pierce and Ray Allen can stay in front of Kobe and not only that, but get him riled up enough to make him start jacking up ill-advised shots and take his teammates out of the play in the process.

Chicago, seemed to be playing a two-man game with Rose and Noah all game. I mean, Rose can get to the cup, but I didn't really see much else as far as an offense.....I guess we'll see if Boozer adds another dimension to the offense.

QUESTION: What are your takes on the evolution of the point guard (ball-handler) from one of passing and facilitating to becoming just as big a factor in scoring?

Looking at players like Derrick Rose, Russel Westbrook, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, even Steve Nash can score with the best of 'em.

If you look at the top teams though (Boston, LA, San Antone), their ball-handlers arent necessarily scorers.....I guess you COULD make the case that they have other premier low-post players and guards, so the PG's focus is primarily to facilitate. BUT, you might also say, the teams' with a scoring PG (if you could call it that) rely heavily on them for points, and in some cases have their whole offense revolve around the scoring PG (as opposed to getting points the old-fashioned way).

I mean, I don't see teams letting go of their respective scoring PGs any time soon (Rose, Westbrook, etc). On the other hand, Boozer is gone. Stoudamire is gone. Tyson Chandler is gone from N.O. But of course, they'll keep Nash and so on. I just don't think it holds up well in the long-run for these teams though....

yuichi said:
    QUESTION: What are your takes on the evolution of the point guard (ball-handler) from one of passing and facilitating to becoming just as big a factor in scoring?

Looking at players like Derrick Rose, Russel Westbrook, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, even Steve Nash can score with the best of 'em.

If you look at the top teams though (Boston, LA, San Antone), their ball-handlers arent necessarily scorers.....I guess you COULD make the case that they have other premier low-post players and guards, so the PG's focus is primarily to facilitate. BUT, you might also say, the teams' with a scoring PG (if you could call it that) rely heavily on them for points, and in some cases have their whole offense revolve around the scoring PG (as opposed to getting points the old-fashioned way).

I mean, I don't see teams letting go of their respective scoring PGs any time soon (Rose, Westbrook, etc). On the other hand, Boozer is gone. Stoudamire is gone. Tyson Chandler is gone from N.O. But of course, they'll keep Nash and so on. I just don't think it holds up well in the long-run for these teams though....

Good Question.

Iverson was the primary scoring threat and he got to the Finals w/ a extra customized roster.

Tim Hardaway had Mitch Richmond and Chris Mullin on the wing, and wasnt the primary threat.
    Payton got Kemp (primary) the ball. Mark Price and Stockton can score but were not the Primary Threat.

Those teams could/did win if their PG just passed and let the points come naturally.

Once Westbrook gets another option beside Durant i bet his touches decrease.

How much did Nash score when STAT and Marion were in the mix? That MVP team. Marion didnt have plays called for him so you cant factor that in.

Im not fond of the Shoot First PG when making a Championship team.

Only Iverson pulled that shit off. Which is especially wierd because traditional Larry Brown wouldnt let another PG get away w/ it. I guess that's why Eric Snow "ran" the offense and Iverson was allowed to go bazerk.

Scoring PG vs Shoot first PG.

Deron Williams is lucky to be in an old system that keeps his head on straight. Put his ass in Toronto and see him go for his big time.

Only Iverson pulled that shit off

Forgot about him! The prime example of a scoring point guard.

It's obviously not fair to compare a likely hall-of-famer to the new cats in the league right now, but dude could so score in EVERY way....

I blame him and Mike for all the score-first guards AND bigs in the league.

Even the college and prep levels are becoming like the NBA now....(for better and for worse)

I think the reason why I brought this up was watching Kemba Walker on TV today. I'm never a fan of one dude dominating the ball so much.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Didn't think the Bulls would be able to stay as close to the Lakers as they did, and when they did I wanted them to go ahead and win the game. But our man from Maywood, Illinois, Shannon Brown was too hot.

Our local broadcasters, Neil Funk and Stacey King, are so terrible, though. At one point, I think Funk called the former presidential chief of staff and current Chicago mayoral candidate, "Ron Emanuel."

As far as the scoring point guards, they flashed an interesting stat last night: Derrick Rose is the only PG averaging at least 25 points and 8 assists.

But our man from Maywood, Illinois, Shannon Brown was too hot.

Dude is so focused right now.

yuichi said:
    Only Iverson pulled that shit off

Forgot about him! The prime example of a scoring point guard.

I blame him and Mike for all the score-first guards AND bigs in the league..

Yup.

The Lunch Pail dudes that know their role and do the dirty work is a dying breed.

David Lee, Joakim Noah, and Ben Wallace are examples.