NBA 2010 -'11 (Deluxe Version)

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    I'd take Deron Williams as the best passer...but Rondo is good.

None of the current bunch are as good JKidd in his prime.

Has Kidd's Court Vision diminished over the years though?
    I dont watch him but the PG that runs one of top 3 teams in the L should be considered?

He's still Top 5 but he has obviously slowed down.....the young Kidd made some sick passes.

• Options
    batmon said:
    Burns said:
    You'll agree that Rondo is the best passer in teh game? I agree. Probably the best skilled passer, maybe not consistent.
    What's yall top two then?

I dont agree.

He has 4 Hall of Famers for finishers.

Nash, Paul, and Deron are better PASSERs IMO.

In Rondo's defense I'll say that he's getting better each year, and I don't think that's the case for any of the others. Are Paul and Deron going to be any better in 3 years than they are now? I wouldn't trade Rondo for any other point guard in the game.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    batmon said:
    Burns said:
    You'll agree that Rondo is the best passer in teh game? I agree. Probably the best skilled passer, maybe not consistent.

I dont agree.

In Rondo's defense I'll say that he's getting better each year, and I don't think that's the case for any of the others. Are Paul and Deron going to be any better in 3 years than they are now? I wouldn't trade Rondo for any other point guard in the game.

I dont think Rondo gets the same numbers on the Timberwolves. Were talmbout facilitating the game. Good PGs dont lose their passing ability. Rondo might have the advantage being younger than Paul and Deron, but in three more years that Celtics team will be old as fusk.
    Deron's Jazz and Paul's Hornets have a larger upside to add players. Rondo is the only future of the Celtics unless you think Glen Davis is going to supplant Garnett as the PF and go 18/10.
    We'll see if he's able to sustain the 10+ assists per game in 3 years and get a reliable jump shot.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    J. Kidd was awesome starting in high school. He played in Alameda. Then was amazing at Cal even though he got his coach fired. Then continued to take off in the NBA. I would actually say that Rondo is the closest to Kidd, because neither could or wanted to shoot at first. They just wanted to pass and did a great job.

Today, I would still say that Steve Nash is the best creator. He can get to any point on the floor, and unlike many guards, always keeps his dribble alive.

• Options
    batmon said:
    BobDesperado said:
    batmon said:
    Burns said:

I dont agree.

I dont think Rondo gets the same numbers on the Timberwolves. Were talmbout facilitating the game. Good PGs dont lose their passing ability. Rondo might have the advantage being younger than Paul and Deron, but in three more years that Celtics team will be old as fusk.
    Deron's Jazz and Paul's Hornets have a larger upside to add players. Rondo is the only future of the Celtics unless you think Glen Davis is going to supplant Garnett as the PF and go 18/10.
    We'll see if he's able to sustain the 10+ assists per game in 3 years and get a reliable jump shot.

And we'll see if any of those other guys ever collects a ring, something none of them have managed to do. They've never even come close.

I think Rondo's scoring goes up when those other guys start to go away, and no doubt the Celtics will have some down years after the old guys go away. I still wouldn't trade Rondo for any of those other guys.

In three years Ray and Shaq will be gone for sure. Probably Pierce and Garnett, too. And yeah, I think Davis could put up an 18/10 as a starter by then. Coincidentally, those were his numbers tonight even without Rondo.

The jump shot shot's kind of funny. I'm not sure Rondo even needs a jump shot most of the time. His shooting percentage just keeps going up and up without much jump shooting, and as a scorer he's a much better percentage player than Deron or Paul, and a zillion miles ahead of any place Cancerhands Kidd ever was.

It's really his free throw shooting that needs to get better. That's still a key weakness.

BobDesperado said:
    batmon said:
    BobDesperado said:
    batmon said:
    Burns said:

I dont agree.

And we'll see if any of those other guys ever collects a ring, something none of them have managed to do. They've never even come close.

I think Rondo's scoring goes up when those other guys start to go away, and no doubt the Celtics will have some down years after the old guys go away. I still wouldn't trade Rondo for any of those other guys.

In three years Ray and Shaq will be gone for sure. Probably Pierce and Garnett, too. And yeah, I think Davis could put up an 18/10 as a starter by then. Coincidentally, those were his numbers tonight even without Rondo.

The jump shot shot's kind of funny. I'm not sure Rondo even needs a jump shot most of the time. His shooting percentage just keeps going up and up without much jump shooting, and as a scorer he's a much better percentage player than Deron or Paul, and a zillion miles ahead of any place Cancerhands Kidd ever was.

It's really his free throw shooting that needs to get better. That's still a key weakness.

Rings shouldnt even factor into this. Were talmbout passing which factors into who your passing it to.
    Paul and Deron numbers would look different if they were on the Celtics, and theyre already close.

• Options
    batmon said:
    Rings shouldnt even factor into this. Were talmbout passing which factors into who your passing it to.
    Paul and Deron numbers would look different if they were on the Celtics, and theyre already close.

I don't know if that's necessarily the case.

Take a look at the assist stats for Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce. All three of them get significantly less assists over the past 4 seasons than they used to even though they're now playing with better players.

Better players tend to have more dimensions to their game - and that includes passing even at positions other than point guard. I'll bet from what I've seen that Deron and Paul have the ball in their hands for a MUCH larger percentage of the game than Rondo does, because they're by far the best players on their teams. Isiah put up his best assist numbers when the Pistons weren't championship material - by far.

BobDesperado said:
    batmon said:

Take a look at the assist stats for Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce. All three of them get significantly less assists over the past 4 seasons than they used to even though they're now playing with better players.

Better players tend to have more dimensions to their game - and that includes passing even at positions other than point guard. I'll bet from what I've seen that Deron and Paul have the ball in their hands for a MUCH larger percentage of the game than Rondo does, because they're by far the best players on their teams. Isiah put up his best assist numbers when the Pistons weren't championship material - by far.

So Deron and Paul wouldnt have the same numbers as Rondo if they were on the Celtics?

Garnett Pierce Allen
    Okafor West Ariza
    Jefferson Kirilenko Bell

• Options
    batmon said:
    BobDesperado said:
    batmon said:

So Deron and Paul wouldnt have the same numbers as Rondo if they were on the Celtics?

Garnett Pierce Allen
    Okafor West Ariza
    Jefferson Kirilenko Bell

I don't know. Would they want to score as much as they do now? You can say we're only talking about passing, but they wouldn't have the ball in their hands anywhere near as much as they do now.

• reskresk 391 Posts

Discuss.....

• resk said:

Discuss.....

Discuss what?! The fact that his jersey is dress-size or that the Knicks have given him something to smile about lately?!

• Orlando is making moves. Gilbert Arenas for Rashard Lewis, and they get Hedo back after trading Pietrus, Gortat a first-rounder and another player.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    pietrus was good to them, hedo better get back to form
    heat still looking shaky against washington
    hey Yao is out for the season again!

pcmr said:
    Hedo better get back to form

J.Rich is having a very good year.

I dont what the Suns are doin'. It looks like there just gearing up for the off-season, unless Gortat is "the answer".

batmon said:
    pcmr said:

I dont what the Suns are doin'. It looks like there just gearing up for the off-season, unless Gortat is "the answer".

Cuban was in love w/Gortat and tried to sign him 2 years ago......when I've seen him play he looks like an average player at best......Dwight must have made some demands.....they had no chemistry and had lost like 5 out of the last 6.

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    pcmr said:

Cuban was in love w/Gortat and tried to sign him 2 years ago......when I've seen him play he looks like an average player at best......Dwight must have made some demands.....they had no chemistry and had lost like 5 out of the last 6.

Yup. Howard is up for an extension and called out his team in the media.

I hope Arenas is givin the green light/produces and knocks Nelson to the bench.

Not sure what Phoenix is doing........and is it my imagination that both Dork and Amare became better players once they parted with Nash??

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    Not sure what Phoenix is doing........an is it my imagination that both Dork and Amare became better players once they parted with Nash??

Maybe Amare wasn't really well suited to that "seven seconds or less" offensive style that Nash was born to play. Not sure about Dork.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Not sure what Phoenix is doing........an is it my imagination that both Dork and Amare became better players once they parted with Nash??

Maybe Amare wasn't really well suited to that "seven seconds or less" offensive style that Nash was born to play. Not sure about Dork.

dork got better and better as an all around player. i think that would have happened with or without nash. he was still a youngin' in nba years when nash was in dallas.

amare is in the same offense in NYC (D'Antoni)-- Amare only excels in the 7SOL set. The past few years of trying to get him to play D didn't work, and made his numbers skyrocket once he was back with Mike.

right now, i just feel bad for nash. at this point in his career, dude should just be ring chasing. instead he's stuck in an ocean of mediocrity with an unbelievable douche of an owner and now vince fucking carter.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    JimBeam said:

right now, i just feel bad for nash. at this point in his career, dude should just be ring chasing. instead he's stuck in an ocean of mediocrity with an unbelievable douche of an owner and now vince fucking carter.

as a canadian even more

• JimBeam said:

as a [del]canadian[/del] raptor fan/torontonian

DO NOT GIVE HIS MOTHER HER OWN PARKING SPOT! big hat wearin' bitch.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    GO CLIPPERS!

I can't imagine what sort of numbers Blake would be posting if he were playing with an elite PG.

"LOCK FOR ROY" Never question me.

Already unstoppable with single coverage.......28, 12, and 4 assists in win over Phoenix today......Perennial all-star in the making......Any other ways to describe this dude?

yuichi said:
    Already unstoppable with single coverage.......28, 12, and 4 assists in win over Phoenix today......Perennial all-star in the making......Any other ways to describe this dude?

Monster. And ill agree w/ the ROY vote, even if he's not a rookie. Travelling w/ the team for year, leaning the offense at practice, and just being w/ the team is an advantge vs a kid that goes from College/training camp/preseason to the real thing.

I can already tell he's gonna be your new "he can do no wrong" player.

B/W

Are u in panic mode or w/ LA get it together?

At some point during their two title runs, they've played like shit. So I'm not panicking yet.

But if Bynum can't play, the Lakers are done.

Miami got a chip on their shoulder, and their ball movement is so much better compared to a month ago. Defense is tight as well. They're starting to look legit.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Dec. 25, 2009

Cleveland Cavaliers 102
    Los Angeles Lakers 87

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    yuichi said:

At some point during their two title runs, they've played like shit. So I'm not panicking yet.

Word.

But man, I hate it when Bynum becomes a lynch-pin player. Why can't we trade him again? Apart from the fact that his contract is ridiculously expensive?

I apologize for the BG dick riding but right now he's the most entertaining thing the NBA has to offer.

I wanna list of the 6:10 dudes in the history of the NBA that could do this......gotta be a very short list.

Rockadelic said:
    I apologize for the BG dick riding but right now he's the most entertaining thing the NBA has to offer.

I wanna list of the 6:10 dudes in the history of the NBA that could do this......gotta be a very short list.

Larry Nance isnt as agile but at 6'9/ 6'10 gets up and has power.