NBA 2010 -'11 (Deluxe Version)

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    ???I didn???t even notice until people mentioned it after the game,??? Spoelstra said. ???Often coming out of timeouts, it???s a pinball game, colliding with a lot of people. It???s probably a perfect case of over-speculation about this team.???

What of the report that he and James have had disagreements at practice, including about whether James was serious enough?

???A coach-player relationship in this league often will be confrontational at times,??? Spoelstra said./quote]

Tyson Chandler is that big man that takes pressure off of Dork.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    Tyson Chandler is that big man that takes pressure off of Dork.

Chandler has found a good fit on the Mavs.....he's shown signs of stardom in the past but this may be a perfect fit.....Roddy B comes back and they stay healthy...the Mavs have a chance to lose to the Lakers in the Semi-Finals.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Derek Fisher busts a game-winner against the Clippers....what a cruel cruel joke....

It's almost like the Lakers are bored as hell right now.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Well shit, I'd love the Warriors to be in either of your two positions. After their hot start they lost David Lee to a freak accident that cost them a whole slew of games. Then he comes back and we have the schedule from hell: Spurs, Suns, Thunder, Mavs, Spurs, Heat, Utah. Plus Curry hurt his ankle again in tonight's loss to San Antonio. If we hadn't gone on that losing streak minus Lee we could've come out around .500 with this tough part of the schedule. Instead, we're sinking fast.

yuichi said:
    Derek Fisher busts a game-winner against the Clippers....what a cruel cruel joke....

It's almost like the Lakers are bored as hell right now.

Bored enuff to need a game winner against the Clippers?

Red Bull Music

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    batmon said:
    Red Bull Music

???Into the ???80s, believe it or not, we listened to a lot of Julio Iglesias,??? Seikaly said. ???More Latin, more love ballads. That was in. If your parents were cool, they???d listen to Julio Iglesias. As genres changed, I changed with it, until I found my niche, which is house music.???

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    RONY said:
    ???It???s music that you???re going to walk into a club and you???re not going to be saying, ???Oh my God, we???ve got to get out of here,??? ??? Seikaly said. ???I play that music that you walk in and say: ???O.K., I can put up with this. I may not like it, but it???s not offensive.??? ???

Do the Knicks sit on Landry Fields and the other role players and hope to get MELO after the season ends or do they trade some of them to get MELO before FEB 15th?

I say jump at the opportunity now. There's no guarantee MELO will be available in the offseason.

I dont think this team is championship caliber despite the NYC hype machine after a win streak against under 500 teams.

Is Chandler or Fields gonna become All-Stars? Felton looks like he might, but he's not a superstar.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    batmon said:

jump at the opportunity now.

the win streak is impressive relative to where nyc basketball has been over the past few years. it seems that people are excited to go to MSG again, and that's a good thing.

you're right though-- they're not getting anywhere without a player of higher caliber. Melo seems like a good fit.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    you guys know the NBA is not at the top of my fandom depth chart, but I haven't missed a Celtics game this season. This starting five is the most entertaining and talented I've seen on the C's in at least 25 years, if not ever. If the scotch tape holds up, dudes are back in the finals.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    you guys know the NBA is not at the top of my fandom depth chart, but I haven't missed a Celtics game this season. This starting five is the most entertaining and talented I've seen on the C's in at least 25 years, if not ever. If the scotch tape holds up, dudes are back in the finals.

What part of I'm-gonna-take-my-talents-to-South-Beach don't you understand?

I definitely think a Heat/Celts ECF could be beyond epic, but I also feel like there's a 50% chance Miami doesn't make it out of the first round.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    I definitely think a Heat/Celts ECF could be beyond epic, but I also feel like there's a 50% chance Miami doesn't make it out of the first round.

Yeah, I was of course just messing with ya. But yeah, here's to Miami flopping tremendously.

Im watchin Hardwood Classic rite now.

Magic vs. Houston Finals. Game whatever like 5 or somethin'.

I wish Shaq never left Orlando. Dude took his talents to LA. I recall hattin that shit then.

Robert Horry at Small Forward for Houston.

Celtic vs Knicks and Pacers vs Lakers - need a fresh bottle of Vodka.

haha Stoudemire ALMOST made up for getting roasted by Pierce on the final shot of the game, draining that three just ... a little ... too ... late. Great game, at least, it was up for grabs from end to end.

Were u scurred?

I watched my Pacers get smacked.

• Options
    SoulOnIce said:

Since the 86 Celtics were the best team of all time I think you should dial that back to "24 years." Unless you're adding style points for Rondo over DJ or something, which is understandable.

I'm hoping Shaq can stay reasonably healthy for the playoffs. I'd love to see him give the big FUQ U to Kobe.

• Options
    batmon said:
    Do the Knicks sit on Landry Fields and the other role players and hope to get MELO after the season ends or do they trade some of them to get MELO before FEB 15th?

I say jump at the opportunity now. There's no guarantee MELO will be available in the offseason.

I dont think this team is championship caliber despite the NYC hype machine after a win streak against under 500 teams.

Is Chandler or Fields gonna become All-Stars? Felton looks like he might, but he's not a superstar.

Prediction: The Knicks make the trade and Stoudemire starts limping 12 minutes later and the word "microfracture" starts being used.

And you're right, the current Knicks team is nowhere near championship caliber.

batmon said:
    Were u scurred?

when his shot first went down? hell yeah.

BobDesperado said:
    batmon said:

Prediction: The Knicks make the trade and Stoudemire starts limping 12 minutes later and the word "microfracture" starts being used.

And you're right, the current Knicks team is nowhere near championship caliber.

I read an article sayin that STAT and Felton are loggin in 40 mins per. STAT had his problems back in Phoenix when dude was playin 34 mins. He could hold up though. Look at Grant Hill, dude is still hangin the fuck in there - injury free,

2011 NBA ALL-STAR BALLOTING
    EASTERN CONFERENCE

Forwards: LeBron James (Mia) 607,994; Kevin Garnett (Bos) 456,111; Amar'e Stoudemire (NYK) 327,626 Paul Pierce (Bos) 235,107; Chris Bosh (Mia) 161,801; Josh Smith (Atl) 104,713; Carlos Boozer (Chi) 82,655; Andre Iguodala (Phi) 71,517; Danny Granger (Ind) 66,759; Luol Deng (Chi) 52,398.

Guards: Dwyane Wade (Mia) 570,489; Rajon Rondo (Bos) 497,141; Derrick Rose (Chi) 424,356; Ray Allen (Bos) 235,977; John Wall (Was) 120,284; Vince Carter (Orl) 117,628; Gilbert Arenas (Was) 88,599; Brandon Jennings (Mil) 65,705; Joe Johnson (Atl) 46,811; Jamal Crawford (Atl) 31,524.
    Centers: Dwight Howard (Orl) 611,561; Shaquille O'Neal (Bos) 241,782; Joakim Noah (Chi) 97,163; Andrea Bargnani (Tor) 53,275; Al Horford (Atl) 49,098; Andrew Bogut (Mil) 48,298; Brook Lopez (NJ) 38,103; JaVale McGee (Was) 36,227; Roy Hibbert (Ind) 35,006; Ben Wallace (Det) 21,858.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Forwards: Kevin Durant (OKC) 470,881; Pau Gasol (LAL) 390,808; Carmelo Anthony (Den) 369,768; Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 264,301; Tim Duncan (SA) 247,364; Blake Griffin (LAC) 245,167; Lamar Odom (LAL) 134,594; Luis Scola (Hou) 119,901; Caron Butler (Dal) 96,785; Kevin Love (Min) 81,865.

Guards: Kobe Bryant (LAL) 722,682; Chris Paul (NO) 386,649; Manu Ginobili (SA) 230,137; Steve Nash (Pho) 190,226; Deron Williams (Utah) 184,148; Jason Kidd (Dal) 141,283; Russell Westbrook (OKC) 140,519; Eric Gordon (LAC) 113,510; Tony Parker (SA) 103,238, Derek Fisher (LAL) 81,088.

Centers: Yao Ming (Hou) 430,984; Andrew Bynum (LAL) 198,044; Brendan Haywood (Dal) 127,375; Marc Gasol (Mem) 120,811; Emeka Okafor (NOH) 115,647; Nene (Den) 105,747; Chris Kaman (LAC) 87,536; Marcus Camby (Por) 57,046; DeMarcus Cousins (Sac) 37,571; Andris Biedrins (GS) 36,655.

batmon said:

Centers: Yao Ming (Hou) 430,984; Andrew Bynum (LAL) 198,044; Brendan Haywood (Dal) 127,375; Marc Gasol (Mem) 120,811; Emeka Okafor (NOH) 115,647; Nene (Den) 105,747; Chris Kaman (LAC) 87,536; Marcus Camby (Por) 57,046; DeMarcus Cousins (Sac) 37,571; Andris Biedrins (GS) 36,655.

Brendan Haywood doesn't even start!!!!

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

Brendan Haywood doesn't even start!!!!

Ming, Bynum, Kaman, Cousins, and Biendris all havent played enuff or have been injured.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    You'll agree that Rondo is the best passer in teh game? I agree. Probably the best skilled passer, maybe not consistent.
    What's yall top two then?

Burns said:
    You'll agree that Rondo is the best passer in teh game? I agree. Probably the best skilled passer, maybe not consistent.
    What's yall top two then?

I dont agree.

He has 4 Hall of Famers for finishers.

Nash, Paul, and Deron are better PASSERs IMO.

I'd take Deron Williams as the best passer...but Rondo is good.

None of the current bunch are as good JKidd in his prime.

Rockadelic said:
    I'd take Deron Williams as the best passer...but Rondo is good.

None of the current bunch are as good JKidd in his prime.

Has Kidd's Court Vision diminished over the years though?
    I dont watch him but the PG that runs one of top 3 teams in the L should be considered?