NBA 2010 -'11 (Deluxe Version)

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    N.O. HORNETS off to an excellent start as well!!

Good to see that Ariza is still doing his thing on a different team.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    strange stuff going on in the L already.

garnett is self-nominated asshole of the year 4 games in (as if anyone's buying his b.s. explanation-- can somebody just knock him out on television already? his act is tired. it has to be a non-essential player though, considering they'll probably catch a season long suspension. i vote radmanovic, although he doesn't seem like he could throw an effective punch)

then there's this: http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/11/04/the-works-john-wall-dances-and-a-fool-rushes-in/

ugh. the few times i've listened to cowherd, he's just been a shrill idiot, aping the base-level sportscenter analysts. but this crap is ridiculous. let the kid live.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    JimBeam said:
    garnett is self-nominated asshole of the year 4 games in (as if anyone's buying his b.s. explanation-- can somebody just knock him out on television already?

I think it's been common knowledge for a while that KG is a complete asshole, but at this point, he's making me embarrassed that I ever rooted for him.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    let's see if durant will bounce back from this media blitz

JimBeam said:
    strange stuff going on in the L already.

garnett is self-nominated asshole of the year 4 games in (as if anyone's buying his b.s. explanation-- can somebody just knock him out on television already? his act is tired. it has to be a non-essential player though, considering they'll probably catch a season long suspension. i vote radmanovic, although he doesn't seem like he could throw an effective punch)

then there's this: http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/11/04/the-works-john-wall-dances-and-a-fool-rushes-in/

ugh. the few times i've listened to cowherd, he's just been a shrill idiot, aping the base-level sportscenter analysts. but this crap is ridiculous. let the kid live.

"Cancerous". I don't know whatever.

But it ain't the first time he's displayed sorry shit. It's cuz your team borderline fouls on every play, you idiot.

As for Cowherd. Yea, let the kid live. I felt that dance was refreshing. NBA is entertainment.
    He is usually over-the-top about his opinions, but I will agree with his perspective on elite teams.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    overreacting

batmon said:
    overreacting

• Options
    There are players who have done a whole lot worse.

Can we talk about basketball?

The Detroit Pistons have really deteriorated.

batmon said:

Yea...sad to see. Pretty much a shell of their former selves.

Gordon/Stuckey/Bynum tandem ain't gonna do it. Although they're good players in their own right....

It all starts in the middle...

I have come to the conclusion that it is in fact a BIG MAN'S league.

Unless you're a lights out shooter (Aaron Brooks) or play like a big man because of your freakish wingspan (Rondo) or got freakish speed (Rose/Wall), I think it's much tougher for undersized guards to have big success at the NBA level. Probably why dudes like O.J. Mayo or Ben Gordon will forever be stuck in the second tier of NBA talent.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:

Gordon/Stuckey/Bynum tandem ain't gonna do it. Although they're good players in their own right....

Unless you're a lights out shooter (Aaron Brooks) or play like a big man because of your freakish wingspan (Rondo) or got freakish speed (Rose/Wall), I think it's much tougher for undersized guards to have big success at the NBA level. Probably why dudes like O.J. Mayo or Ben Gordon will forever be stuck in the second tier of NBA talent.

Dumars gambled on trading Chauncey Billups and the team has suffered. He helped Denver big time.
    Plus when Ben wallace left and then Rasheed they lost that swagger.
    Stuckey isnt a Point. Its a shame to see an East Coast power self-ether themselves after building themselves up to be good unuff to go up against the Spurs and Lakers.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:

Dumars gambled on trading Chauncey Billups and the team has suffered. He helped Denver big time.
    Stuckey isnt a Point. Its a shame to see an East Coast power self-ether themselves after building themselves up to be good unuff to go up against the Spurs and Lakers.

I like to call it the Big Ben Era. It was over when he left. Probably one of my all-time favorite teams ever.

Such a self-less team, that championship Detroit squad.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:

I like to call it the Big Ben Era. It was over when he left. Probably one of my all-time favorite teams ever.

Such a self-less team, that championship Detroit squad.

Yeah. So many good things bout that team. Their Championship also legitimized Rasheed Wallace's career.
    He was the one to put them "over" when he joined.

I just hope Dumars doesnt get the wrong label.

I'm watching Lakers/Raptors, and Amir Johnson just threw his hand down in frustration (at himself) and refs T him up....

HATE IT.

What's gonna happen when we enter the playoffs and tempers REALLY flare???! Those technicals might even decide a game or two...

• Options
    yuichi said:
    I'm watching Lakers/Raptors, and Amir Johnson just threw his hand down in frustration (at himself) and refs T him up....

HATE IT.

What's gonna happen when we enter the playoffs and tempers REALLY flare???! Those technicals might even decide a game or two...

Yeah, cause you were totally complaining last year when two Celtics were under the technical gun during the Finals.

Oh, wait, you weren't.

If it's a Celtic, they probably deserved it. End of story.

Cleanest crossover I've seen in a while! (it is a charge though)

SICK

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    WARRIORS!!! 4-1 with a gritty victory over Utah last night.

yuichi said:

Cleanest crossover I've seen in a while! (it is a charge though)

Was that a charge if the defender is inside the paint arc?

• My Hornets are looking really good.
    We handled Miami with authority and patience, a great game.

New rookie coach with a workingman, humble attitude.
    David West shaking off the rust, looking better than I've seen him in years.
    New guys off to a great start, Ariza fitting right in.

WhoDat!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

ooof

vinylstalker said:
    My Hornets are looking really good.
    We handled Miami with authority and patience, a great game.

New rookie coach with a workingman, humble attitude.
    David West shaking off the rust, looking better than I've seen him in years.
    New guys off to a great start, Ariza fitting right in.

WhoDat!

Ariza was such a good pickup for yall. Still way early, but good to see CP3 gettin' some wins.

That Cleveland response shit is the definition of butthurt.

Warriors victory over Utah yesterday

Pacers - 144 Denver 113

Screw that, anyone watch the Miami collapse in overtime to the Jazz? It was on NBA TV tonight.

motown67 said:
    Screw that, anyone watch the Miami collapse in overtime to the Jazz? It was on NBA TV tonight.

Didn't watch it, but Paul Milsapp for 46.....

Kinda spells out "NO INSIDE GAME FOR MIAMI" don't it?

• Options
    batmon said:
    Pacers - 144 Denver 113

20 points, 9 rebounds, and 3 assists for young Mr. Hansbrough. Like I've been saying, he'll be at least a 10 year player in the league if he can stay healthy.

• Options
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

Didn't watch it, but Paul Milsapp for 46.....

Kinda spells out "NO INSIDE GAME FOR MIAMI" don't it?

But Al Jefferson only had 2 points in 28 minutes. That's one weird game.