NBA 2010 -'11 (Deluxe Version)

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
Sorry Ed gotta refresh this shit.

I got The Lakers takin it all against .............Chicago (yeah i said it.)

Unless Orlando changes up that 3 point bullshit, they'll still fall short.

I cant see Miami leapfroggin' to the Finals.

Milwaukee on the comeup. Magette is a very good addition along w/ John Salmons.

New Jersey is a sleeper.

Atlanta - I dont know.....will they be better in THE PLAYOFFS this year????

If the O'Neals in Boston hold up - watch the fuck out.

My Pacers wont do shit but Hibbert should get his monster on this year. (A.J. Price.....)

West Coast Sleeper/Dark Horse..........Houston.

I still ride for Portland Trailblazers.

Picks pleez.........

Comments

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    thanks for this post......imma have to think about my predictions and favorites.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I am riding for Washington as they have the only New Zealander in Sean Marks, unfortunately Kirk Penny got cut from San Antonio a few days ago, dammit.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I got The Lakers takin it all against .............Chicago (yeah i said it.)

Naw.

Lakers out the West.

Boston(65%) or Miami (35%) out the East.

Done deal.

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    lakers v boston...
    rubbermatch..
    lakers in 7 in LA...

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    batmon said:

Milwaukee on the comeup. Magette is a very good addition along w/ John Salmons.

Maggs is fool's gold. vacuum of possessions. basketball disappearer. bucks will still be good, but i can't believe that they got suckered into that dude.

new york will make the playoffs.
    new jersey will not.
    charlotte will not. stephen jackson will implode/get traded.
    phx is dead. nash will be released at end of season & sign w/ a winner for vets min.
    UTAH on the come up. they will be the toughest for the western powerhouse(s?) to beat in the west.

Chicago looks good. playoff bound. maybe past the first round this time.

Lakers whatever. they'll probably win it all. again.

golden state, ugh. i try to pretend it's not happening. i give the new owners two years before i hate them just like i did the last one. they NEED to trade monta before he does something idiotic and destroys his trade value (again.)

dallas is whatever.

sac might win a few, but will be in vegas in 4 years, tops.

magic will suck

etc etc.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I cant put my finger on UTAH yet. Will Al Jefferson rock?

The loss of Korver and Brewer is huge.

batmon said:

I think Jefferson will most definitely benefit from the rigid, compartmentalized teachings of Jerry Sloan. When Jefferson has a set list of tasks, he will excel. He had too much on his shoulders in twolves country.

the loss of boozer is a wash. whatever they lost on the offensive end, millsap more than makes up for defensively. millsap, i think, will be a beast this season. PM and AJ-- who wants to go 42 mpg trying to crash the boards against those two???

I'm a Korver hater, but i think w/ healthy okur plus bell possibly shooting well from 3-pt land (he's about as mobile at his age as korver was last season anyway), + gaines might turn out good and CJ, they'll be cool without korver and brewer.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Wow, a whole thread shut down because of Yuichi.

Anyway, Lakers take it all.

Warriors will be better but still a sub-.500 team

Nets can only get better, but really how much? 20 something wins?!?!

Portland made some great trades over the years and finally returned to the playoffs. Firing their GM who made all those moves and picking Greg Oden, can you saw Sam Bowie all over again, mean that they are now treading water. Looks like a one series and out team in the playoffs to me.

The Knicks now have a good point guard and a post players, which is probably enough for them to be in the playoff hunt in the East. Still probably first round and out.

Fuck Utah. I don't care who they have. I hate that team.

My sleeper team of the year, Sacramento Kings. I think D. Cousins will be a beast, plus they've added some depth at other positions as well. Think they will be competing for the 8th spot in the playoffs.

Wow, a whole thread shut down because of Yuichi.

Not really. Batmon loses his cool easily (in case anyone noticed)

The Knicks now have a good point guard and a post players, which is probably enough for them to be in the playoff hunt in the East. Still probably first round and out.
    quote]

Im not sold on Felton yet. What do u see him doin in D/Antoni's system?

Objective breakdown of what was happening with LBJ in the Boston series.

quote]

Im not sold on Felton yet. What do u see him doin in D/Antoni's system?

I think he can get out and run, he can also shoot, which was a major drawback when the Knicks had Duhon at the PG. Having a guard that can shoot makes simply plays like the pick and roll much more effective, especially now that they have Stoudamire to do that with. When they tried to do that with David Lee and Duhon before, it was limited because Lee was the only one that was a threat to score. That allowed the defenses to either go under the pick, double up on Lee, etc. because Duhon wasn't going to do anything with the ball.

I also want to see whether Anthony Randolph, who was drafted by the Warriors last year, can turn into a consistent player for the Knicks, or whether he's just one of those extremely athletic and tall players that actually can't put it together on a team.

• JimBeam said:
    batmon said:

I think Jefferson will most definitely benefit from the rigid, compartmentalized teachings of Jerry Sloan. When Jefferson has a set list of tasks, he will excel. He had too much on his shoulders in twolves country.

the loss of boozer is a wash. whatever they lost on the offensive end, millsap more than makes up for defensively. millsap, i think, will be a beast this season. PM and AJ-- who wants to go 42 mpg trying to crash the boards against those two???

I'm a Korver hater, but i think w/ healthy okur plus bell possibly shooting well from 3-pt land (he's about as mobile at his age as korver was last season anyway), + gaines might turn out good and CJ, they'll be cool without korver and brewer.

Utah has a good enough system - and point guard running it - that otherwise mediocre players improve their games simply by playing within it. That team seems to make its own pieces. And Al is more than just a piece. I see him going off.

Blake Griffin will energize Boom Dizzle for a stellar year for the Clippers; I think Blake will get ROY, too.

Who gets the 4th spot in the East - Milwaukee, Chicago, or ATL? It would seem that Chi is the obvious pick, but I kinda like that Milwaukee team if Bogut stays healthy.

Knicks make the playoffs.

Kings and the Warriors will be fun to follow.

Will the Pistons be the worst team in the league now that Jerebko is out? :down:

motown67 said:

Fuck Utah. I don't care who they have. I hate that team.

i mean, i totally feel you on this for the obvious reasons. fuck utah.

but that era has passed, and although utah has a lot of the core players, the w's are altogether different. jerry sloan plays an all-but-forgotten brand of strategy/strength over insane talent basketball, and it's wholly refreshing to watch players do "exactly what they're supposed to do" to this tired don nelson "dowhatchyoufeel" watching fan. deron williams looks like an assclown with that chin-strop beard on his no-chin-havin face though. and dude-- quit lining up your hairline. we all know that you're going bald. deal.

but fuck their fans though... for real. i'm wondering what the departure of the aforementioned kyle korver will do to their 16-19 year old "wait for me, kyle" sign waving fanbase attendance numbers.

I totally agree. Utah is one of the few teams that actually plays team ball these days. I also like D. Williams' game. That being said, I will never forgive them for when Stockton and Malone were on that team and brought flopping and fake fouls to a new level. I can remember game after game where Stockton was defending a pick and roll, and would grab onto one of the other player's arms, jerk the other guy into himself and get a foul call out of it. I know that era has passed but the hate lives on!

I apologize about my outbursts. Hey it happens. I usually overreact. Doesn't help when 5 people decide to jump in. I am still talking about basketball though. (Yall should know me by now)

Ease up. The NBA is great. Appreciate.

I'd rather you throw "The Lakers can eat a bag of dicks" than some personal attacks. "Yuichi this, Yuki that".

Again, sorry though.

jerry sloan plays an all-but-forgotten brand of strategy/strength over insane talent basketball, and it's wholly refreshing to watch players do "exactly what they're supposed to do" to this tired don nelson "dowhatchyoufeel" watching fan

Been appreciating.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i agree with batmon about boston/magic and lakers taking it
    they will have the perfect PG with blake and he has gotten even more experience
    he listens to coaches has a great shot and can sneak in some inside layup get fouled
    he will replace all the little dudes that have occupied the position(no fisher) with the lakers and still made it to the finals
    more importantly he has heart and i am sure he is hungry for a championship and hopefully KOBE and him will get along
    thus in the finals the lakers are majorly improved and have the experience edge

Some dude posted this on Facebook. Quite fun!!

http://www.sporcle.com/games/nbascoreleaders.php

I got around 120/150 on Western Conference Scoring Leaders and 15/25 on All-time Scoring leaders.

42/63 on the 30PPG

25/30 on NBA team names

Yall should nail these Q's!

johnshade said:
    Knicks make the playoffs.

Orlando
    Miami
    Chicago
    Milwakee
    Boston
    Atlanta
    Charlotte

Well see.

Knicks???

Raymond Felton
    Azibuke/Chandler
    MELO
    Anthony Randolph
    STAT

batmon said:
    Knicks???

Raymond Felton
    Azibuke/Chandler
    MELO
    Anthony Randolph
    STAT

I'd def like to see Melo on that team, but funny how you and
    most people will fully support this move, and not for that other
    cat.

Still got that sour taste in your mouth?

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    Knicks???

Raymond Felton
    Azibuke/Chandler
    MELO
    Anthony Randolph
    STAT

I'd def like to see Melo on that team, but funny how you and
    most people will fully support this move, and not for that other
    cat.

Still got that sour taste in your mouth?

I've supported Lebron going to Miami so pleez shut the fuck up. Dang dude dont you read.

I didn't really get the impression you supported him. All I remember is you getting worked up about him giving up on his team.

b/w

Why the foul language (as usual) from you?

By the way, I thought you'd enjoy the Marvel/ESPN mag collabo. (hug)

yuichi said:
    I didn't really get the impression you supported him. All I remember is you getting worked up about him giving up on his team.

b/w

Why the foul language (as usual) from you?

Sorry I cursed.

If you check my posts on LeQuit, i ststed the obvious on the Playoffs series but was tottaly supportive of his jumping to Miami.

Pleez, lets not go 3 pages of Lebron again.

Im way more interested in where Melo ends up.

The West Coast talent is jumping ship to the East and im curious to see if the numbers shift.
    The WC has been 'better' overall in the past couple of years, despite Miami and Celtics chips.

yuichi said:

likey

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i am watching a dont mean shit preseason atlanta miami
    i have a feeling that miami will be able to be broken down defensively
    quite easily as well, people are still lebron watching