NBA 2010 -'11 (Deluxe Version)

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Clippers

Rasual Butler = garbage. I just checked this dude's stats......literally half his shots are threes and he's 36% career average from the arc. GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE.

Blake Griffin = Opening night energy is way gone. Hate his body language. Seems dismayed most of the time, and could use a lot more practice on sealing off the defender in the low post......He was all about the uptempo game in college.

Chris Kaman = How was this dude an Allstar? Kinda justifies the lack of great bigs in the league.

Vinny Del Negro = What the fuck are you doing?!

Whoever said the Clippers are the NBA moratorium was right.....jeesus fuckin'....

BobDesperado said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:
    Screw that, anyone watch the Miami collapse in overtime to the Jazz? It was on NBA TV tonight.

Didn't watch it, but Paul Milsapp for 46.....

Kinda spells out "NO INSIDE GAME FOR MIAMI" don't it?

But Al Jefferson only had 2 points in 28 minutes. That's one weird game.

Al Jefferson hasn't proved shit. Don't like that dude's shooting touch at all!

They really need Mehmet Okur back. That dude can ball.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Jefferson is fine. He had a bad game. He's avg. 18 ppg and 9 rbg. That team is perfect for him.

Hornets

Was watching the Clippers game, and they play great D!

Emeka Okufor was such a great addition to solify the painted area, cuz he's big and mobile. Kinda like a Ben Wallace. Probably the single most reason why the Hornets have improved their D.

Chris Paul's more consistent J is really helping out too.

Much better fit for Trevor Ariza in N.O. than he was with Houston, cuz he's not a go-to guy who can create his own shot.

Still don't like David West. Don't know why, but he could be on. And then the next game be like 4 for 16.

motown67 said:
    Jefferson is fine. He had a bad game. He's avg. 18 ppg and 9 rbg. That team is perfect for him.

I guess cuz there's other scoring options around him now, but in the long-run, I don't see him making the Jazz a contender...

• Options
    yuichi said:
    Clippers

Rasual Butler = garbage. I just checked this dude's stats......literally half his shots are threes and he's 36% career average from the arc. GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE.

Blake Griffin = Opening night energy is way gone. Hate his body language. Seems dismayed most of the time, and could use a lot more practice on sealing off the defender in the low post......He was all about the uptempo game in college.

Chris Kaman = How was this dude an Allstar? Kinda justifies the lack of great bigs in the league.

Whoever said the Clippers are the NBA moratorium was right.....jeesus fuckin'....

I think you mean mausoleum, but yeah. It's sad to see it happen to Griffin, isn't it? He'll be lucky to get out alive.

OKC

Giving up 104 a game?! No wonder they're losing.

Last year they were like #5 in points given up.

I look forward to them getting this side down.

BobDesperado said:
    yuichi said:
    Clippers

I think you mean mausoleum, but yeah. It's sad to see it happen to Griffin, isn't it? He'll be lucky to get out alive.

Woops, I guess that's what I meant...

Pretty fuckin' sad. Same with Eric Gordon and Eric Bledsoe and Al Faroq-Aminu (who had a career night tonight). It's pretty fuckin' obvious what the Clippers have to do...Make defensive stops and get out in transition. And it all starts with the veterans like Kaman and Baron Davis......good luck with that....

Last game I saw, Baron was pressing up on the PG beyon the three point line. WHY? To show the people that he's really trying on defense?! Really dumb, considering how one pass into the high post would break down the D....

Bean Town

Still scares the shit out of me with their defense, particularly zone....

That shit is impenetrable.

Rondo still doesn't have confidence beyond 15 feet. He needs to keep taking them for practice before the playoffs arrive. Otherwise, teams will be giving him perimeter shots all day.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Two quarters into the regular season, Blake Griffin is a lock for ROY (if he stays healthy).

LOLOLLOLLLLLCOOLJAYALOLOLOLOL

yuichi said:
    BobDesperado said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:
    Screw that, anyone watch the Miami collapse in overtime to the Jazz? It was on NBA TV tonight.

But Al Jefferson only had 2 points in 28 minutes. That's one weird game.

Al Jefferson hasn't proved shit. Don't like that dude's shooting touch at all!

They really need Mehmet Okur back. That dude can ball.

Boozer left. Al Jefferson plays inside. Okur plays outside - do the math.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

it spells out "millsap is beasting"

JimBeam said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

How did Miami collapse if it was a 2 point win?

B/W

Since when did Millsap shoot threes?

• yuichi said:
    Hornets

Was watching the Clippers game, and they play great D!

Emeka Okufor was such a great addition to solify the painted area, cuz he's big and mobile. Kinda like a Ben Wallace. Probably the single most reason why the Hornets have improved their D.

Chris Paul's more consistent J is really helping out too.

Much better fit for Trevor Ariza in N.O. than he was with Houston, cuz he's not a go-to guy who can create his own shot.

Still don't like David West. Don't know why, but he could be on. And then the next game be like 4 for 16.

Hmmmm. The D is impressive so far, aint it? I agree that Emeka is a big factor in that, but I have to say that
    everybody seems to have bought into Coach Montys' D-First agenda. Speaking of, after dealing with an overly
    complacent and passive coach for the past 3 yrs, I'm really liking our new rookie coach.

Dude, DWest is the man. He can be inconsistent, aggreed, but he has hella heart and a deadly 10-15 footer.

And where did this Bellinelli dude come from? Loving his play.

batmon said:
    JimBeam said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

How did Miami collapse if it was a 2 point win?

B/W

Since when did Millsap shoot threes?

Miami was in the lead by 15-20 from the very start of the game and then collapsed in the 2nd half that led to overtime.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    yuichi said:
    That Cleveland response shit is the definition of butthurt.

A Case of the pot calling the kettle black.....both sides need to chill...as should you..

sweatshop said:
    yuichi said:

A Case of the pot calling the kettle black.....both sides need to chill...as should you..

SHOULD I BE WHO YOU WANT ME TO BE?

haha

Warriors 6-2 just had two road wins. Might lose tonight to the Bulls but what a change from last year

motown67 said:
    Warriors 6-2 just had two road wins. Might lose tonight to the Bulls but what a change from last year

If they stay healthy - watch the fuck out. Im sold.

But what about the bench? I have yet to see them play yet.

I just copped NBA League Pass yesterday.

The bench is spotty but has been holding it down. One solid contributor Williams, three okay Lin, Wright and Gadzuric, and a big zero Radmanovic. We have two big men injuries so when they get back they should improve. The Warriors have flipped from one of the very worst rebounding teams in the NBA to one of the best and our defense is greatly improved. Plus we have one of the best backcourts in the League right now.

motown67 said:
    The bench is spotty but has been holding it down. One solid contributor Williams, three okay Lin, Wright and Gadzuric, and a big zero Radmanovic. We have two big men injuries so when they get back they should improve. The Warriors have flipped from one of the very worst rebounding teams in the NBA to one of the best and our defense is greatly improved. Plus we have one of the best backcourts in the League right now.

David Lee plus Keith Smart.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    yuichi said:
    sweatshop said:
    yuichi said:

SHOULD I BE WHO YOU WANT ME TO BE?

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/66915/

batmon said:
    motown67 said:

If they stay healthy - watch the fuck out. Im sold.

But what about the bench? I have yet to see them play yet.

I just copped NBA League Pass yesterday.

I wouldn't be sold just yet....

Giving up 104 a game, #23 in team defense.

Sounds familiar to that other team in Phoenix.

Warriors numbers from NBA post: http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/john_schuhmann/11/11/warriors-hornets-numbers-game/

Def. Rating 102.9 (points allowed per 100 possessions) Rank #13
    Opponents Effective Field Goal Percentage 0.483 Rank #11
    Def. Rebounding % 0.711 Rank #24
    Opp. Turnovers Per Poss. 17.0 Rank #7
    Opp. 3Pt % 0.313 Rank #5
    Opp. 2Pt% 0.487 Rank #17

Warriors offensive numbers
    Points per 100 possessions 106.2 Rank #8

Far from impressive, but hey it's a start.

Not mad that yall are making some noise though.

I've always liked Steph Curry's game.

We need some new blood up in the West! enough of those boring ass Jazz, Suns,
    and Spurs.

• yuichi said:
    We need some new blood up in the West! enough of those boring ass Jazz, Suns,
    and Spurs.

Innnnntroduuuucing your New Orleans Hornets!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    some good ass matches tonight
    hopefully the nuggets will pull an upset and get their season going
    who you guys got between el triple vs frijolville

Damn, it looks like it's gonna be very difficult for the Heat to get the Big Three playing together.

Someone on T.V. was saying at the beginning of the season that they might have trouble getting it done, because all three need the rock in their hands to be effective.

I mean, none of 'em necessarily complement each others' style of play. There was a statistic on a previous broadcast thrown out there that said Lebron and Wade get their points in a VERY similar fashion.

Bottom line, it's not looking good for Miami. I think they might even do better if they let Lebron play one half, and Wade the other. Let them go all out.

Shut the fuck up