NBA 2010 -'11 (Deluxe Version)

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Demarcus Cousins was #5. I mean he could bang in the paint but his skills were still way raw...He seemed kinda clumsy and on the fat side too. I thought he was chosen VERY high. Goes to show how much value is placed on big men in the league. Out of that Memphis bunch, I liked Eric Bledsoe the best. Dude was like Nate Robinson on steroids. Kinda reminds me of Will Bynum on Detroit.

You have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Cousins. Guy is super athletic. Is a beast on the boards. Can face up and drive on guys. Is good around the basket.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Another reason why everyone is praising him is because he's a 6'10" dude that could do it all. And rarely do big guys come along that could really play. .

Both Gasols,Dork,Josh Smith,Boozer, Bosh,Garnett, Duncan, Zach Randolph, STAT, I could go on.

6'10" dudes who can "play" is not some rarirty.

Tell me he is the next Webber who can pass out the post, score, block, rebound etc.

I bet if I search the old threads u were high on Beasley.

Can we see dudes for a minute before anoiting them GOAT before their time. Sheesh.

And for you Durant dick riders, the bar has been raised, the L will not take those kids lightly anymore.
    The expectations are way too high. Believing the hype would get them to the WC Finals.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Griffin is a once a decade player.

I've seen film of him in High School and watched him often at Oklahoma.

He'll never be the most athletic or exciting player on the court.

He may not be able to carry a team like a few other guys in the league can.

But he's a guy like Tim Duncan......incredible instincts and court smarts.

Seldom makes a mistake or bad/stupid play.

Makes the players around him better and can play facing or back to the hoop.

Rebounds like a beast and passes well.

He wants the ball when it's crunch time but will pass if someone's open.

He'll be a solid 25 ppg / 12 rbg on the Clippers.

The last player I was this sure would be a star was Walter Berry(but for very different reasons).

Eventually I have to be right!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    motown67 said:
    yuichi said:
    Demarcus Cousins was #5. I mean he could bang in the paint but his skills were still way raw...He seemed kinda clumsy and on the fat side too. I thought he was chosen VERY high. Goes to show how much value is placed on big men in the league. Out of that Memphis bunch, I liked Eric Bledsoe the best. Dude was like Nate Robinson on steroids. Kinda reminds me of Will Bynum on Detroit.

You have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Cousins. Guy is super athletic. Is a beast on the boards. Can face up and drive on guys. Is good around the basket.

Super athletic? I don't think so.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Another reason why everyone is praising him is because he's a 6'10" dude that could do it all. And rarely do big guys come along that could really play. .

Both Gasols,Dork,Josh Smith,Boozer, Bosh,Garnett, Duncan, Zach Randolph, STAT, I could go on.

Tell me he is the next Webber who can pass out the post, score, block, rebound etc.

Can we see dudes for a minute before anoiting them GOAT before their time. Sheesh.

And for you Durant dick riders, the bar has been raised, the L will not take those kids lightly anymore.
    The expectations are way too high. Believing the hype would get them to the WC Finals.

Yea, but the list for elite guards would be about 10 times that list. Zack Randolph? lol Boozer? lol Josh Smith? lol
    I would take Blake EASILY over those three.

Tell me he is the next Webber who can pass out the post, score, block, rebound etc. ]

This is some funny shit. b/w Take his ass off the air. Dude got a serious chip on his shoulder and half the time I don't know what he's talking about.

I wasn't high on Beasley. I just said he would be up in the ROY race with O.J. Mayo. The trend in my eyes at the time was that the dude who scored the most would usually win...Usually some dude on a weak squad getting 20 a game.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

He'll never be the most athletic or exciting player on the court.

He may not be able to carry a team like a few other guys in the league can.

But he's a guy like Tim Duncan......incredible instincts and court smarts.

Seldom makes a mistake or bad/stupid play.

Makes the players around him better and can play facing or back to the hoop.

Rebounds like a beast and passes well.

The Duncan comparison is pretty apt, though he's more athletic than Duncan. I was mighty impressed with his game last night, but yeah, let's hang back from putting crowns on him one game into the season.

Next to be regulated by Stern and Co. = Chewing on mouthpieces

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    dont hatt on smith yuichi
    steals,blocks,points
    read up on your stats

yuichi said:
    motown67 said:
    yuichi said:

Super athletic? I don't think so.

For a big man yes.

pcmr said:
    dont hatt on smith yuichi
    steals,blocks,points
    read up on your stats

He's good, just not a franchise type player.

What genius at NBA/TNT land decided to put this Wizard/Orlando fiasco on TV???? Oooooohhhh John Wall #1 pick, that'll be good. The Wizards were one of the worst teams in basketball last season for a reason. Even if they had a full squad without the injuries they were going to get served by the Magic. A blowout in the first quarter

Oh wait, I forgot who I was talking to though.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Yea, but the list for elite guards would be about 10 times that list. Zack Randolph? lol Boozer? lol Josh Smith? lol

Tell me he is the next Webber who can pass out the post, score, block, rebound etc. ]

This is some funny shit. b/w Take his ass off the air. Dude got a serious chip on his shoulder and half the time I don't know what he's talking about.

I wasn't high on Beasley. I just said he would be up in the ROY race with O.J. Mayo. The trend in my eyes at the time was that the dude who scored the most would usually win...Usually some dude on a weak squad getting 20 a game.

U dont watch Basketball.

Zack Randolph has been a 20/10 dude for years now. Even when he was on the Knicks.

The trend in my eyes at the time was that the dude who scored the most would usually win...Usually some dude on a weak squad getting 20 a game

Like the Clippers????
    Tell me that beyond Griffin's points and rebounds he's gonna fill up that stat sheet this year, get the Clippers 15 more wins and get ROY. With a 24 minute evaluation?

Why do u jump to conclusions that fast and then overlook the many productive PF in the L?

Are Highlights or even College highlights enuff to convince you?

Pleez stay on topic.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

How old were u when Webber was on the Warriors/Wizards.....ROY?

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

How old were u when Webber was on the Warriors/Wizards.....ROY?

How old is he now is the real question

Despite all this back and forth I like Griffin. He was a beast in college, and that game will transfer over to the NBA. It's not his fault he is stuck on the dysfunctional Clippers.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Jesus Christ Rock I hope you took a bath after typing W#### B####'s name. That dude was one of the lamest humans to ever suit up in the NBA.

I am here to complain early (and probably) often about the lack of offensive organization that Nate McMillian displays on a nightly basis here in Portland. I know we won both of the games so far but this system with no flow and the seeming inability to create easy shots for a very talented group of young men is driving me crazy. Andre Miller just kills the mojo because the other team is standing 10 feet from him doubling Lamarcus and Roy. Look for us to win 50 and then lose in the first round.

Except that is if Oden gets healthy. Last year he showed moments of true defensive dominance. If he starts controlling the middle and the defensive glass, we may be able to get by with easy transition hoops and the same pile of junk we've been putting out there for a couple of years. At that point all bets are off. Look for Nicholas Batum to have a huge year, possibly making the all NBA defensive squad. His 3 is looking awfully sweet right now.

I'm too lazy to try to convince you Batmon in a lengthy post....

But Chris Webber was most productive in his Sactown days. And that has a LOT
    to do with who Rick Adelman's system and the pass-happy multi-threat offense they had.
    He had Peja, do-it-all Doug Christie, Mike Bibby in his prime, one of the best passing big man's
    out the low block Vlade Divac...Some major spark off the bench with Bobby Jackson.

He didn't do shit with Detroit or Philly. And why are you even talking about his rookie days on the Warriors?

Zack Randolph is a prime example of someone getting 20 and 10 and being ONE DIMENSIONAL. No one's gonna remember him. Blake Griffin will do so much more. His on-court as well as off-court demeanor is pro as well. And that will go a long way in how he APPROACHES THE GAME (a very underrated aspect of the game, IMO).

He was a beast in college, and that game will transfer over to the NBA. It's not his fault he is stuck on the dysfunctional Clippers.

That's it. Ya know, college ball is a pretty good (not perfect) barometer of what's to come.....just sayin'.

DrWu said:
    Jesus Christ Rock I hope you took a bath after typing W#### B####'s name. That dude was one of the lamest humans to ever suit up in the NBA.

I am here to complain early (and probably) often about the lack of offensive organization that Nate McMillian displays on a nightly basis here in Portland. I know we won both of the games so far but this system with no flow and the seeming inability to create easy shots for a very talented group of young men is driving me crazy. Andre Miller just kills the mojo because the other team is standing 10 feet from him doubling Lamarcus and Roy. Look for us to win 50 and then lose in the first round.

Except that is if Oden gets healthy. Last year he showed moments of true defensive dominance. If he starts controlling the middle and the defensive glass, we may be able to get by with easy transition hoops and the same pile of junk we've been putting out there for a couple of years. At that point all bets are off. Look for Nicholas Batum to have a huge year, possibly making the all NBA defensive squad. His 3 is looking awfully sweet right now.

Nicholas Batum is ballin'.

I agree with what you said about the fluidity of the offense. It's not there (as is the case with most teams). Give it some more time. But I also regretfully agree that they're a 50-win team with no prospects of playoff success....They have good players, but they don't have the big pieces like an LA or Boston or Orlando, nor the experience to sustain a sort of drive to win big time in the post-season.

yuichi said:
    And why are you even talking about his rookie days on the Warriors?

Umm, Rookie of the Year????

In summary, fuck a Chris Webber all day.

yuichi said:

I know a gang of you west coaster hatt CW, but if u wanna talk about 6'10 dudes that do it all look kno further.

Passing Big men like Garnett, Webber, and Shaq, are much more of your so called rarity claim.

He ran the Adelman offense from the Post because of his passing skills.

How old are u. Bringing up Detroit - he was gone by then. That was just a political move to bring him home. He was in the L for 18 years by then. Dude scored 20 per in Philly. Do u watch basketball?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/webbech01.html

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    DrWu said:

"The Truth" as he was called at St. Johns was the first player to expose me to the "knucklehead effect".

One of the most talented offensive players I have ever seen with little to nothing in the way of smarts.

It taught me a good lesson as a young dude that raw talent alone won't make you a great, or even good NBA player if you are a knucklehead.

Chris Washburn.....Roy Tarpley.....I've seen and recognized it many times in the subsequent years.

• yuichi said:
    He was a beast in college, and that game will transfer over to the NBA. It's not his fault he is stuck on the dysfunctional Clippers.

That's it. Ya know, college ball is a pretty good (not perfect) barometer of what's to come.....just sayin'.

ed o'bannon

• vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:

ed o'bannon

i re-read your post and saw the "[not perfect]", so i reneg on my post....... but still...... ed o'fucking bannon.

Rockadelic said:
    DrWu said:

"The Truth" as he was called at St. Johns was the first player to expose me to the "knucklehead effect".

One of the most talented offensive players I have ever seen with little to nothing in the way of smarts.

It taught me a good lesson as a young dude that raw talent alone won't make you a great, or even good NBA player if you are a knucklehead.

Chris Washburn.....Roy Tarpley.....I've seen and recognized it many times in the subsequent years.

This is a thraed in itself.

Isaiah Rider - all that hype.

Some knuckleheads thrive w/ the right system and teamates to keep them in check.

vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:

ed o'bannon

Ed O'Bannon was the shit at UCLA along w/ his lil brother and Tyus Edny. No NBA Translation.

FUCK College. The NBA is another level. Some dudes peak in College. Corliss Williams anyone???

JJ Reddick? Tyler Handsbrough?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    yuichi said:

oh jesus.